Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,409 members, 7,808,456 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:10 PM

Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie (22799 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie Hosts Lupita Nyong’o In Lagos / Chimamanda Adichie Poses In Her Hometown In Abba, Anambra State / Chimamanda Adichie At Geneva Resort, Awka (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie by fortunechy(m): 12:01pm On Mar 08, 2017
i ve beginning to dislike u wit passion........"they said pride goes b4 downfall". y is it dt any naija gal dt ve little popularity usually equating themselves wit men.even bible said dt "man is the head of woman,in dt case woman shld be submissive to man". end time galz even the so called role-model to sm pple.

1 Like

Re: Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 12:07pm On Mar 08, 2017
I think everyone should read this book "The Great Female Con"..... smiley
Re: Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie by mikolo80: 12:19pm On Mar 08, 2017
kaykay1980:
Go buy am now, this na why una dey no dey marry again
d mumu get husband o ed advise oda mumu gehs to not marry
Re: Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie by Kakamorufu(m): 12:20pm On Mar 08, 2017
Nne5:
who are you?dolt
am your worst nightmare biaach
Re: Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie by Apina(m): 12:24pm On Mar 08, 2017
TMDavidWest:

In her response, she told the man, “Keep your love, because, sadly, while I love to be loved, I will not accept your love if it comes with these conditions.”

That response, I echo it. If your love has conditions, please keep it. Let me be me. Thank you
That's were she and those of you in support get it wrong. outside the love of God, there's no other being who's love doesn't go with conditions. That aside, feminism is a misconception of roles. Women should demand to be treated as humans with rights like every other human and not using men as the yardstick. If they want the same roles as men, who would fill in for theirs?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie by lexander(m): 12:25pm On Mar 08, 2017
if women are to be treated that way i'll be happiest man on earth, do you know how many brothers are jobless just the powers that be prefer woman not because they're more quailified or more intelligent just because they're women. And do you know how much insult some guys endure fr ladies just because he wants to woo them sometimes he might not even be interested in them he probably just wants to ask a question they'll start raining insults and abuses on the poor guy, he has no choiCe but to endure regardlesS of what the woman does if he reacts he'll be called an animal and be seen as a heartless person

1 Like

Re: Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie by bluaero(m): 12:26pm On Mar 08, 2017
This biitch should shove her feminism up her *****. Idiots like this poisoning the mind of our young ladies are the reason we are having an increased number of failed marriages and single mothers.

2 Likes

Re: Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie by lexander(m): 12:30pm On Mar 08, 2017
I believe you all will agree that their are things that you can't take or endure from another man but if a woman does same you will have no choice but to calm yourself and overlook it,

1 Like

Re: Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie by FILEBE(m): 12:33pm On Mar 08, 2017
rawgurl:
She is chasing the wind, feminism is us (the females) fooling our selves.

Nne. Please visit any eatery around your area,KFC will be easier. You have won yourself free meals for 1 month.

love at first sight sentence.

2 Likes

Re: Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie by habebe1(m): 12:35pm On Mar 08, 2017
Nnemuka:
What is Joystick??
How on earth does pen15 give joy? Except you are good at giving head and pre-intimacy then we can say you give joy to your partner...

not all stick gives joy biko

Ms Okafor is that you?
Re: Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie by Laple0541(m): 12:35pm On Mar 08, 2017
Women and Greed! I don't know what else they want, everywhere you go, all you hear is "ladies first", what a man will struggle to get in one year, they get it in less than one hour (by the power of their pvssy) yet they want to be treated like those with joysticks.

4 Likes

Re: Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie by raydboi(m): 12:38pm On Mar 08, 2017
LEMME RESERVE MY COMMENT angry
Re: Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie by rawgurl(f): 12:39pm On Mar 08, 2017
FILEBE:

Nne. Please visit any eatery around your area,KFC will be easier. You have won yourself free meals for 1 month.

love at first sight sentebce.

smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie by gemale(m): 12:43pm On Mar 08, 2017
kaykay1980:
Go buy am now, this na why una dey no dey marry again
FYI she's married 2 ivara esege. It's chauvinistic individuals lyk u dt she was speaking of in "we shld all be feminists" dt c marriage as d best thing a woman can achieve in lyf.
Re: Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie by Jointhemiltons2(m): 12:45pm On Mar 08, 2017
WhiteHouseNaija:
[img]http://2.bp..com/-UCxaAbW_VhE/WL-gqLgbc3I/AAAAAAAAArY/Dt9L7Rg5Gd4UvV-AUCi_BciiJE_WrNgdwCLcB/s280/Chimamanda-Adichie-600x400.jpg[/img]

Award-winning Nigerian writer, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, wants women to be treated as though they have “penis.”

Adichie stated that her aim for feminism drive was to ensure that marriages change for good, and that women are treated same as “someone who has penis.”

Speaking with The Guardian of London, the novelist noted that having a feminist label attached to her has changed things.

She said, “I was opened to a certain level of hostility that I hadn’t experienced before as a writer and public figure.”

The award-wining writer recounted her encounter with a young male admirer during an official outing in Nigeria.

Adichie said, “I used to love you. I’ve read all your books. But since you started this whole feminism thing, and since you started to talk about this gay thing, I’m just not sure about you any more. How do you intend to keep the love of people like me?”

In her response, she told the man, “Keep your love, because, sadly, while I love to be loved, I will not accept your love if it comes with these conditions.”

https://uzomediangr./2017/03/08/women-should-be-treated-as-those-with-penis-chimamanda-ngozi-adichie/

Trust me she really dsnt wana be treated like a man. Cos men re even treated harshly. D beating am army man will give a man is different from dat of a woman. Abeg she should gerrarahia with dat rubbish. Pple be tkn feminism too far. Most of dis women hv a well preserved home buh be out hia screaming feminism thereby spoiling d homes of oda gullible women

2 Likes

Re: Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 12:47pm On Mar 08, 2017
Hopefully women will start paying men groom price & ask him hands in marriage. Anything short these is thrash!
Re: Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie by alizma: 12:49pm On Mar 08, 2017
stupidity of the year's award goes to her.
Re: Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie by gemale(m): 12:49pm On Mar 08, 2017
bluaero:
This biitch should shove her feminism up her *****. Idiots like this poisoning the mind of our young ladies are the reason we are having an increased number of failed marriages and single mothers.
So u think failure of a marriage is only d woman's fault? Is marriage nt btw 2 pple? So if a man doesn't want 2 make his marriage work, D woman shld still stay in dt marriage? Both d man & woman r equal parties wt different bt equal responsibilities 2 safeguard their marriage. Any man dt believes dt his gender shld guarantee him an edge or make him superior over a woman in any mata is a lesser man IMO.

1 Like

Re: Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie by AreaFada2: 12:50pm On Mar 08, 2017
I greatly admire Chimamanda.

And I support her view that women should have equal right.

However, I have the impression that it has become very difficult to please some women.

If I treat a colleague as though she has a "joytsick" and expect her to life the same heavy box as me or not open the door for a lady, what will they call me?

How do we reconcile all these things?

Will treating a lady like a lady then be tantamount to offending her?

Will it soon become inappropriate to expect a woman to have babies or suckle of a baby?

Where are we heading? shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie by UncleJudax(m): 12:53pm On Mar 08, 2017
TMDavidWest:

That response, I echo it. If your love has conditions, please keep it. Let me be me. Thank you
Sadly, no love is unconditional. Although you have the right to believe otherwise.
Re: Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie by felapikin(m): 12:57pm On Mar 08, 2017
Feminists are the most confused set of people on this planet. Shey u want me to treat you as i treat a dick bearing being?
If I'm engaged in a heated argument with my fellow guy and one thing leads to another, na fight dey follow next. But if such should happen with a woman, na una go still come dey talk rubbish say women are the weaker sex and so no man should lay his hands on a woman. Na una go dey rain abuses on that man. if i see a woman struggling with heavy load, i should ignore her so you'll say i am not a 'gentleman'
Really confused set of species!!!

3 Likes

Re: Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie by gemale(m): 1:00pm On Mar 08, 2017
alizma:
stupidity of the year's award goes to her.
A stupid person doesn't get a masters & honorary PhD 4rm John Hopkins University. A stupid person doesn't write books lyk "purple hibiscus" & "½ of a yellow sun". However a stupid person makes statements lyk d 1 u just made. & y? because som1 is asking 2 b treated equally & nt 2 b discriminated based on her sex. Only a man wt severe low self esteem believes dt women shld b subject 2 him.
Re: Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie by Chudichu(m): 1:07pm On Mar 08, 2017
I would only agree, when.. the female Barcelona football team beats the male Barcelona football team or when the female heavyweight boxing champion beats the male heavyweight boxing champion, until then. Please keep quite.
Re: Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie by Jman06(m): 1:12pm On Mar 08, 2017
I understand what she is saying. Give the the womenfolk equal opportunity to work and contribute equally to improvement of humanity.
I think humanity stands to benefit more from empowering women.
Re: Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie by bluaero(m): 1:14pm On Mar 08, 2017
gemale:

So u think failure of a marriage is only d woman's fault? Is marriage nt btw 2 pple? So if a man doesn't want 2 make his marriage work, D woman shld still stay in dt marriage? Both d man & woman r equal parties wt different bt equal responsibilities 2 safeguard their marriage. Any man dt believes dt his gender shld guarantee him an edge or make him superior over a woman in any mata is a lesser man IMO.

Oga no problem then. Do the cooking and dishes. Wash your wife and kids' clothes while you're at it. A man is physically and emotionally more resistant for a reason. The next thing you will tell me is men should marry men and women should marry women and anyone who thinks otherwise is a lesser man. Even animals now have more sense than most of you.

1 Like

Re: Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie by KingRex1(m): 1:16pm On Mar 08, 2017
Scatterscatter:
I dislike the insincerity of acclaimed feminists.

"Women should be treated as those with joysticks" but when armed robbers attack, the same women will run behind those with the "joystick" and the "joystick" will willingly receive the bullet on her behalf.

I really pity our Nigerian ladies who are doing copy-copy of the nonsense feminism wave blowing in the West.
Ever wondered why the rate of divorce and separation has increased in Nigeria since the advent of Social Media?

Ladies, be wise as no man will ever give his best to any woman that dare challenge his authority all the time. Make a man feel less of himself and watch a Prince turn to a dare-devil!
Men are naturally egoistic in nature, stroke his ego positively and trust me, you will have him do anything you wish without conflict.
Re: Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie by cstr55: 1:27pm On Mar 08, 2017
LagosismyHome:
I admire her work but lately her mouth just runs left and right just to be in the press.... you hardly hear her say anything positive about Nigeria

Why does she only talk about negative experience she encountered while in Nigeria. Surely she had many positive experience too..... yawn undecided

Next week you see another -ve post abt 9ja from her, just watch
What is positive about Nigeria?
You don't even have common light.
Re: Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie by gemale(m): 1:48pm On Mar 08, 2017
bluaero:

Oga no problem then. Do the cooking and dishes. Wash your wife and kids' clothes while you're at it. A man is physically and emotionally more resistant for a reason. The next thing you will tell me is men should marry men and women should marry women and anyone who thinks otherwise is a lesser man. Even animals now have more sense than most of you.
Do u know 1 problem u hv dt u need 2 urgently work on? Poor communication skills. In 6 sentences, u hv managed 2 simultaneously nt make a single point & veer off d topic @ hand. Instead of returning d insult u hurled @ me in ur last sentence, I choose 2 bring u back 2 D topic being discussed. U spoke abt feminism being behind high cases of divorce & single parenthood. I countered saying dt marriage was a union contract between 2 different bt equal parties & it's both d duty & responsibility of husband & wife 2 protect their marriage so if 1 party decides 2 sabotage dt Union, D oda party shldnt b blamed 4 leaving. My final sentence was a statement of my opinion dt any man who believe by virtue of his sex, he's supposed 2 Lord over a woman & treat her lyk a subordinate is d least of men. Ur subsequent rant showed dt I struck a nerve & dt u unfortunately fall in2 ds category. 4rm ur brownian motion-lyk rants, I gleaned dt u think dt cooking & doing house chores r beneath a man. FYI I've cooked, cleaned & washed my clothes as a single person & so hv many males. I dnt think dt makes any of us lesser men. So if I hv 2 do dt in marriage, wts d big deal? If my wife can wash my clothes, y can't I wash hers? Y can't I wash my children's clothes? Wld any member of my family fall sick & die if I do dt? If I don't want 2 do it, it wld b because I'm unwilling, lazy or exhausted nt because it's a taboo 4 a man 2 do it.
Re: Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie by kinharold(m): 1:49pm On Mar 08, 2017
johnbuck81:
this is wrong..a woman is a woman and a man remains a man.treat the pussy as a cat and the dick as Harry.
Women are actually confused in this area. Treat a woman as a Woman, that is when she will get all the love and care that she deserves. Treat her like "someone with a joystick" next you will hear is, "treat her like a lady; dont you know she is a woman".

They want to play the same game, on the same field with men but want a different rule.

1 Like

Re: Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie by jayAjoku(m): 1:58pm On Mar 08, 2017
this is how you know some women are not getting the Natural Deeeeek treatment from a good man on a regular. ... she i s just blabbing and am sure no joystick has hit her in a while
Re: Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie by jimoceans14(m): 2:05pm On Mar 08, 2017
rawgurl:
She is chasing the wind, feminism is us (the females) fooling our selves.
Good parents gave birth to you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Finally; Wole Soyinka Confirms He Destroyed His Green Card. / Trapped By Passion (18+) / Elechi Amadi And His Wife, Priye Iyalla-Amadi In Nairobi, Kenya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.