Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,787 members, 7,798,647 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:54 AM

Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie (22784 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie Hosts Lupita Nyong’o In Lagos / Chimamanda Adichie Poses In Her Hometown In Abba, Anambra State / Chimamanda Adichie At Geneva Resort, Awka (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie by RosaConsidine: 4:35pm On Mar 08, 2017
Joshwright:
Have we all sat down to really think what Feminism is all about. To me "It's a psychological thing". A woman wants to be important, wants to get known, wants to be at theforefront. But she been confronted by what the society has conformed to of Men been superior, this hinders her and makes her think even if I do all that I could possibly do. I won't match up. Hence if i play Feminism card, i will be accepted on that basis.It's like been in a trance while u think u sleeping. Women should wake up, life is short, work as much as u can, no one can stop u from getting or achieving as much as a man can.It's all on the mindset. " Acceptance and Vulnerability ".

My brother, it's not just a mental thing. Too many times,women have been told who they can or can't be simply or what they can or can't do not because they are not strong enough or smart enough but because they are women. They are told that some roles, responsibilities and jobs are reserved for men, just because. Have you seen the works of Zaha Hadid, one of the most iconic architects of our modern era. A lot of men in her field can't will never do what she did in her lifetime. Yet, till today, many Nigerians and people of the world generally still see architecture as a man's job. It's this paradigm that feminists are fighting.

As I said, men also face some inequality of our own. Men can't be seen to express emotion as it is seen as a sign of weakness. Men in fashion are generally seen as queer or weird which is why straight men who would like to venture into female fashion design are extremely skeptical because they would be seen as queer or effeminate which shouldn't be the case. But that's a struggle for men to take up if we feel strongly enough about it. The feminists feel strongly about their position and that's why they are making sure their voices are heard.

Also, we men basically rule the world so if we are to challenge a paradigm, we're challenging our fellow men. Women on the other hand have been cast in subservient roles for so long and now they realise it's not deserved , they are speaking up and asking for change and they deserve it.
Re: Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie by JacksonD7: 5:11pm On Mar 08, 2017
RosaConsidine:

Pained, are we? grin cheesy

Right now, my respect doesn't matter for her. I'm not the one handing her awards or inviting her for speaking engagements so I agree with you on that. But neither are you doing either so hey! Your lack of respect still doesn't matter to her! cheesy

I guess that makes both of us useless to her, end of discussion.
Re: Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 5:47pm On Mar 08, 2017
Mathemagician1:
This Feminism thing is funny af. Gender equality is good until some group of women are about to be shipped out to Sambisa forest to fight against Boko Haram alongside their male counterpart.

Women can't compete with men at football, boxing, cycling etc etc. They cannot even compete at table tennis for God's sake. Yet they want equality from men.

Very funny.
It's suprising that feminists can advocate for equal rights & not equal duties.
I just tire for them
Re: Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie by ziga: 5:55pm On Mar 08, 2017
Mathemagician1:
This Feminism thing is funny af. Gender equality is good until some group of women are about to be shipped out to Sambisa forest to fight against Boko Haram alongside their male counterpart.

Women can't compete with men at football, boxing, cycling etc etc. They cannot even compete at table tennis for God's sake. Yet they want equality from men.

Very funny.

Feminism happened because women have been suppressed for years and years. It is a revolution and that is why some forms of it seem extreme. But only a revolution can lead to change. It is just like Aluta.

And using you Boko haram example, not all men are soldiers, Footballers, boxers or cyclist. But you woulnd't look down on another man just because he is doing all these things yet you just regarded women as unequal because you believe they can't do these things well enough.

That is the problem. Just treat everybody equal as a human being and give everybody an equal chance!!!
Re: Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie by paschu: 6:45pm On Mar 08, 2017
I'm sure God was drunk the day he made the woman hence he forgot to insert a joystick in-between her thighs.

So now, according to chimanda, we all should ignore God's mistake and start treating women "as though they have joysticks".

Seriously I'm sure the world would be a better place (and homes would be happier while marriages would last longer) if the society did not get invaded by this social virus called feminism; with its fatalistic carriers called feminists.

I see them as a bunch of sick and twisted folks.

rawgurl:
She is chasing the wind, feminism is us (the females) fooling our selves.
Re: Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie by rawgurl(f): 6:51pm On Mar 08, 2017
paschu:
I'm sure God was drunk the day he made the woman hence he forgot to insert a joystick in-between her thighs.

So now, according to chimanda, we all should ignore God's mistake and start treating women "as though they have joysticks".

Seriously I'm sure the world would be a better place (and homes would be happier while marriages would last longer) if the society did not get invaded by this social virus called feminism; with its fatalistic carriers called feminists.

I see them as a bunch of sick and twisted folks.

lol
Re: Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie by Mathemagician1(m): 8:37pm On Mar 08, 2017
ziga:

Feminism happened because women have been suppressed for years and years. It is a revolution and that is why some forms of it seem extreme. But only a revolution can lead to change. It is just like Aluta.

And using you Boko haram example, not all men are soldiers, Footballers, boxers or cyclist. But you woulnd't look down on another man just because he is doing all these things yet you just regarded women as unequal because you believe they can't do these things well enough.

That is the problem. Just treat everybody equal as a human being and give everybody an equal chance!!!

You're wrong actually. Feminism is one of the ways women armtwist society to gain undue advantages when they're not necessarily qualified for the job. They just want a share of everything just like we have quota system in Nigeria.

E.G. Women wants to "Participate" in the military but they don't want to fight in the frontline. They couldn't even pass the same fitness test as men. The fitness test standard for women had to be lowered such that a one-legged asthmatic patient could qualify as an infantryman.

If women wants to be treated equally as men they should start by competing with men in sports. It's not a superiority contest, it's 4 million year of masculine evolution.

By the way, the Australian women football team was beaten 7:0 by their under-16 male team. So much for equality, right?
Re: Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie by ziga: 8:47pm On Mar 08, 2017
Mathemagician1:

You're wrong actually. Feminism is one of the ways women armtwist society to gain undue advantages when they're not necessarily qualified for the job. They just want a share of everything just like we have quota system in Nigeria.

E.G. Women wants to "Participate" in the military but they don't want to fight in the frontline. They couldn't even pass the same fitness test as men. The fitness test standard for women had to be lowered such that a one-legged asthmatic patient could qualify as an infantryman.

If women wants to be treated equally as men they should start by competing with men in sports. It's not a superiority contest, it's 4 million year of masculine evolution.

By the way, the Australian women football team was beaten 7:0 by their under-16 male team. So much for equality, right?

I don't think you understood my point.

I'll try again.

No African country has ever won the world cup.

Are we inferior to the Europeans or should we be treated inferior for that reason?

Feminism without the extremism is all about Men and Women having equal rights.

Just like Africans vs Europeans should have equal rights and every human being for that matter.
Re: Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie by slap1(m): 12:19am On Mar 09, 2017
Some people would still prefer to ignore the sense in her message and attack her. How is a man greater than a woman by default? So many disrespectful behavior towards women these days, but no one is concerned because they're women and should even be grateful to co-exist with men.
Re: Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie by kpaofame: 12:39am On Mar 09, 2017
ziga:

I don't think you understood my point.

I'll try again.

No African country has ever won the world cup.

Are we inferior to the Europeans or should we be treated inferior for that reason?

Feminism without the extremism is all about Men and Women having equal rights.

Just like Africans vs Europeans should have equal rights and every human being for that matter.

Nature on it own have distinguished men from women, too much noise about female rights and equity sef haba, All humans were born with same 24 hours per day and opportunity to live... Mostly people are treated base on who they are and how they present themselves not just because of their gender...

but in my own myopic view...They can never be anything as gender equality it is illusion...Wake me up for International Men's Day or dont men deserve to have a day also...
Beep me when your company gives you paternity leave, or do women make babies on their own....

If i treat men same as women...no woman should be given maternity leave because i dont give paternity leave, it sounds against reason abi...
Women cant have it all....

I believe in respect and fair treatment of all humans but not the rubbish about equality because we are built differently...
Re: Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie by johnbuck81(m): 8:57am On Mar 09, 2017
martynz50:
but women dey wey get joystick. Na grin
and that's not really normal.
Re: Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 12:12pm On Mar 09, 2017
OK... she's requesting to be punched into a coma, kicked in the crotch or body slammed. Careful what you ask for. These feminazis are higher than Everest. What y'all smoking? Since when was it OK for women to take on the role of Men? God made Man first but women now think they can do a man's job? OK go carry brick up flights of stairs, fix vehicles & machinery & get soiled, impregnate yourselves without borrowing sperm, go to the front lines in military, & other dangerous jobs cos we need more women to die so they know it's not their place to question God's design. You want to have dick & balls? Turn transgender na. So many devilish agenda been shoved into minds of today. God keep me o!
Re: Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie by souloho19(m): 1:54pm On Mar 09, 2017
fluxmind:
OK... she's requesting to be punched into a coma, kicked in the crotch or body slammed. Careful what you ask for. These feminazis are higher than Everest. What y'all smoking? Since when was it OK for women to take on the role of Men? God made Man first but women now think they can do a man's job? OK go carry brick up flights of stairs, fix vehicles & machinery & get soiled, impregnate yourselves without borrowing sperm, go to the front lines in military, & other dangerous jobs cos we need more women to die so they know it's not their place to question God's design. You want to have dick & balls? Turn transgender na. So many devilish agenda been shoved into minds of today. God keep me o!

Werey..wetting u dey find for here grin
You don dey turn am to rap again..
But serious these ladies are the ones with the double standards o..

They say all men are pigs but keep forgetting the rule of the animal farm...gringrin
Lwkmd..
Is ur battle with paayne still on the 12th
Re: Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 3:37pm On Mar 09, 2017
souloho19:

Werey..wetting u dey find for here grin
You don dey turn am to rap again..
But serious these ladies are the ones with the double standards o..

They say all men are pigs but keep forgetting the rule of the animal farm...gringrin
Lwkmd..
Is ur battle with paayne still on the 12th

I be activist, leave me. Yea it's going down na, didn't you see my FFR prelude?
Re: Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie by gemale(m): 4:38pm On Mar 09, 2017
alizma:

you are saying all this because you want a woman to pay you groom price and marry abi is that not going to be part of the equal treatment?
R u being forced 2 pay bride price? Where I come 4rm, it's a token amount dt most tyms is returned by d bride's family who wld tell u dt dey r nt selling their daughter.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Finally; Wole Soyinka Confirms He Destroyed His Green Card. / Trapped By Passion (18+) / DESIRE 2(house On Fire) By John Mfon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.