Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,567 members, 7,809,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:13 PM

Is It Acceptable To Have A Male Teacher In A Crèche? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Acceptable To Have A Male Teacher In A Crèche? (2384 Views)

Man Who Married 2 Wives In Order To Have A Male Child Now Has 6 Daughters. Photo / My Wife Saved A Male Number With A Female Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Acceptable To Have A Male Teacher In A Crèche? by crackhaus: 1:26pm On Mar 12, 2017
Mimzyy:
I will definitely raise an alarm immediately. I feel it is not right. Why on earth will a male be assigned to a creche?

To crown it, the parents were not even notified of an addition to the members of staff. Iru kileleyi
But a female can look after male kids, yea? cheesy

This is the number 1 example of a woman who will claim to be modern within the next hour, which is actually a smoke screen for covering up an archaic, uncivilized, and ancient mentality. cool

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Acceptable To Have A Male Teacher In A Crèche? by crackhaus: 1:28pm On Mar 12, 2017
babythug:
You should feel concerned and raise it with the school admin. Try to get the buy in of other parents too!!!

For practical reasons males wouldn't ordinarily care for toddlers and children who would need thier privates exposed from time to time eg to use the loo/ have diapers changed.

Not that there are no female molesters but the percentages are way lower, with women carers likely issues will be abusing the child by beating or not feeding as at when due type of stuff

I feel any school that isn't able to let parents into where their children are being cared for directly is engaging in practises they know they shouldn't be doing!

Pay more surprise visits if you can to the Creche henceforth and kick up a fuss on the matter please
Number 2 here people.

let's keep count. cool

2 Likes

Re: Is It Acceptable To Have A Male Teacher In A Crèche? by crackhaus: 1:33pm On Mar 12, 2017
uyiekpenm:
OP please make a formal report to the management of the crèche.
no matter how free minded we would like to be, it is not ok for a man that is not related to be handling kids of that age.
personally I would not be comfortable with that arrangement.
most kids of that age are still on diapers, so you can imagine if that man need
s to change it.

the days are evil.

this is my opinion as a mother oh.

hian male teacher in a crèche.

That's because you are a prisoner of your own imagination. Is it ok for a woman not related to a male kid to change his diapers?

You Sir, number 3. cool

2 Likes

Re: Is It Acceptable To Have A Male Teacher In A Crèche? by crackhaus: 1:34pm On Mar 12, 2017
1bkaye:
Better to be safe than sorry so no, particularly given Nigeria's molestation proclivity
Number 4. cool

2 Likes

Re: Is It Acceptable To Have A Male Teacher In A Crèche? by crackhaus: 1:37pm On Mar 12, 2017
Ioannes:
Please don't wait until the male teacher molests your daughters o.

Either the man is replaced with a female or your child is placed in a new creche.
And Nigerians like this man think Buhari is Nigeria's problem. Simpleton.

Collect number 5 jor. cool

4 Likes

Re: Is It Acceptable To Have A Male Teacher In A Crèche? by crackhaus: 1:42pm On Mar 12, 2017
NL1960:
OP, raise this issue with the management and if they refuse to replace the male teacher, i will advise you look for another creche. There are certain jobs that are better handled by females and there are certain jobs that are better handled by males. Even if you are told that he has been replaced, you will need to pay another unscheduled visit to the creche to confirm.

People saying that there is nothing wrong with it are like saying that there is nothing wrong in a male being the boarding house master of a girls boarding school or girls boarding hostel and vice versa.
You are right. This is why women find it hard to win presidential elections and even if they do, it doesn't take long before they start using emotion to make terrible decisions.

Clap for yourself, you occupy the number 6 spot. cool

3 Likes

Re: Is It Acceptable To Have A Male Teacher In A Crèche? by crackhaus: 1:44pm On Mar 12, 2017
Bism:
I dont know why females think that all or most men are pervert. From my observation recently i also fear women on issue of sexuality because they have very shocking desires that they hide from people. After all when i was at college women do wash our convience and no incidence was ever recorded during my stay there
My brother, only God knows what these women have used the tiny little p3nis of an innocent child to do in the name of bathing him or changing his diapers.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Acceptable To Have A Male Teacher In A Crèche? by crackhaus: 1:47pm On Mar 12, 2017
Adeemi2:
I feel it is not appropriate and you need to be concerned. In this generation that we are, you cannot just trust anybody. Express your concern to the school authority and if nothing is done, please, take your daughter to another creche.
Lucky number 7 baby girl. You are blessed beyond measure.

I hope you've not taken care of a male toddler not birthed by you before?
If you have, you should be put under investigation. cool

3 Likes

Re: Is It Acceptable To Have A Male Teacher In A Crèche? by crackhaus: 1:49pm On Mar 12, 2017
tabithababy:
Op, abeg raise the issue. So many demons around undecided
Tabitha can't be trusted to change the diapers of any male toddler. Demonic possessions are not gender-selective.

Number 8 you are. cool

4 Likes

Re: Is It Acceptable To Have A Male Teacher In A Crèche? by crackhaus: 1:55pm On Mar 12, 2017
dangotesmummy:
Haaaa there's everything wrong with it .the first question that will raise my phobia is
1.IF YOU DONT WANT PARENTS TO ENTER When a male minder was employed WHY WASN'T I INFORMED TO KNOW WHO TAKES CARE OF MY KIDS BEHIND MY BACK
2.WHY DO WE HAVE TO WAIT AT THE RECEPTION. SO I CANNOT SEE MY KID AGAIN ON TOP OF MY MONEY THAT I PAID AND ON TOP OF MY CHILD?
3.IS THE MALE MINDER THE ONLY PERSON TAKING CARE OF MY CHILD OR THERR ARE OTHER WOMEN THERE?
4.IS IT THE MALE MINDER THAT WILL FEED MY CHILD,ROCK HER TO SLEEP,TAKE HER TO THE TOILET AND OFF her PANTS WITHOUT ANYTHING VIBRATING IN HIS BOXERS
5.HOW AM I SURE YOUR STAFFS ESPECIALLY THE MALES AREN'T PEDOPHILES WHO DO NASTY STUFFS TO KIDS WHEN EYES AREN'T AROUND

WE LIVE IN A VERY DANGEROUS WORLD WITH ANIMALS LURKING AROUND PARADING AS HUMANS so I will not take any risks with my child if these questions aren't answered SATISFACTORILY especially in this part of the world where any small carelessness or looseness by a parent will bring avoidable trouble for the child and the mother and no one will give a damn

Call me paranoid,sexist,whatever, I don't care.your opinions are completely irrelevant when my kids are at stake here undecided
Sharrap dia, you get pikin not to mention pikins? cheesy

Even if every one else has no problem with a male in a creche, I know you will be the only one to have a problem with it. You've never really hidden your archaic upbringing before.

Capital letters for you sweetie. NUMBER 9. cool

3 Likes

Re: Is It Acceptable To Have A Male Teacher In A Crèche? by crackhaus: 2:01pm On Mar 12, 2017
byvan03:
I don't care for political correctness, no male, molester or not will baby sit a girl child for me. Better safe than sorry.
No human, sane or insane should leave an unrelated male child around you...only God knows what will happen.

Number 10 is a good round number for ya. cool

1 Like

Re: Is It Acceptable To Have A Male Teacher In A Crèche? by crackhaus: 2:08pm On Mar 12, 2017
juman:
I think background checking is necessary for a male to work around children.
I think a background check is necessary for ONLY males who want to work around children. Women fell to earth straight from the mouth of God almighty.

Please take a sip out of your number 11th glass of educational illiteracy. cool

1 Like

Re: Is It Acceptable To Have A Male Teacher In A Crèche? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Mar 12, 2017
You lots are funny.
So, a man can't have freedom of occupation because you think he'll molest your 'daughter'? It's okay if you're not comfortable with the arrangement, but don't make it look like the young man committed any offence.
Don't male kids get molested too? be it by male childminders or females. Or female kids don't get molested by female childminders? How do you think some lesbians were 'made'?

A man can't watch after a female child, but a woman can watch after a male child? Let's not deceive ourselves, a good number of guys can attest to being molested by FEMALE helps in the past.

The only issue I see here is the parents not being pre-informed, the fact that they can't see the environment their child is kept and the 'physical appearance' the OP noted about the said minder.
Irrespective of the gender of the childminder, they should be professionals,at least two of them and CCTV cameras in such a 'public' place.

I don't even wanna imagine what would have been some of una reaction if a man said a woman can't do some jobs. undecided
Please sit at home and watch after your child yourself. No one can do it better, you hear?

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It Acceptable To Have A Male Teacher In A Crèche? by tabithababy(f): 3:19pm On Mar 12, 2017
crackhaus:

Tabitha can't be trusted to change the diapers of any male toddler. Demonic possessions are not gender-selective.

Number 8 you are. cool
Re: Is It Acceptable To Have A Male Teacher In A Crèche? by byvan03: 3:20pm On Mar 12, 2017
OP mind you that the nairaland Pseudo intellectuals won't be there to twist and turn their 1+1 logic when sh*it goes down. If it makes you uncomfortable, listen to your gut and sort this out .
Re: Is It Acceptable To Have A Male Teacher In A Crèche? by elektra(f): 6:00pm On Mar 12, 2017
I do not see the problem with a man working in a crèche. If it makes you uncomfortable take your child to a different crèche.
I do not support the idea of asking the school to remove the man from the crèche. He has done nothing wrong, his only offense is his gender. There is no reason to put the innocent man out of a job because of your narrow mindedness.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Acceptable To Have A Male Teacher In A Crèche? by Pdizzle(m): 4:42pm On Mar 17, 2017
DarkRebel101:
Gender discrimination in its most ugliest form.

I say it a lot of times that most women are hypocrites when gender equality issues arises. This woman is ready to make a young man jobless because he is of the male gender. We all know the outrage if men says women can't do some sort of work.

Well op, a female attendant can molest a girl child, so take your child out of that creche if you're not comfortable with the guy working there.

1 Like

Re: Is It Acceptable To Have A Male Teacher In A Crèche? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Mar 17, 2017
Pdizzle:

I say it a lot of times that most women are hypocrites when gender equality issues arises. This woman is ready to make a young man jobless because he is of the male gender. We all know the outrage if men says women can't do some sort of work.

Well op, a female attendant can molest a girl child, so take your child out of that creche if you're not comfortable with the guy working there.

Men are in every bit as hypocritical as the womenfolk when touching on matters within the circles of gender equality. No need painting a one-sided portrait here. I understand where you're coming from, though.

The Op is not even only guilty of being a sexist in her affirmation, albeit subtly, of the age-long institutionalized false-headed notion that men are terrible groomers of children, unlike their female counterparts; she is also guilty of the crime of illogicality. Did it ever occur to her that there exists the thinniest thread of possibility that the preferred female handler could very well turn out to be a paedophilic lesbian?

At the end of the day, it all turtles down to social conditioning, which as we know is in many cases the least objective arbiter and the cause of the many gender hullabaloo of today.
Re: Is It Acceptable To Have A Male Teacher In A Crèche? by pocohantas(f): 8:33pm On Mar 17, 2017
Tricky one...lalasticlala, what do you have to say? It will be nice to read opinions of Nairalanders.
Re: Is It Acceptable To Have A Male Teacher In A Crèche? by Greatbeard(m): 10:27am On Mar 18, 2017
Just imagine the type of bullshit on this thread.

The reason why men are seen as molesters is because the women are hardly reported. We've heard stories of young kids being asked to suck breasts and other body parts.

Hell, we even see young women openly kissing babies that don't belong to them.

THIS RIGHT HERE, IS WHAT WE CALL GENDER DISCRIMINATION.

Stop painting men in a bad light.

There are pedophiles walking around in broad daylight, both men and women. Some of them are even in schools.

This is not being politically correct or rationalizing. I actually think a child is more likely to get molested by a female than a male because you let your guard down and hence the deed is done without being exposed.

ADVICE TO OP.

1) If you are NOT COMFORTABLE with it. tell the authorities to change it ASAP and don't go around like the guy is a rapist.

He has a job to do.

2) Not allowing parents into teaching area is a severely shitty policy. There should always be a teacher in the class to supervise the entry and exit of the kids.

3)You should know your child's teacher from day 1 policy or not. Get his/her phone number and let him or her know that you are a serious and protective parent who would go lengths for your child.

source: I am a guy, I love children and have taught kids before. but..... I DON'T WANT TO MOLEST OR HAVE SEX WITH YOUR BABY

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Is That The Average Young Nigerian Lady Doesn't Care To Save For The Future? / I Am Conflicted: Please Advise Me. / Please What Can I Do?? I'm So Embarrassed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.