Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,914 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:08 AM

How Much Does It Cost To Build A 5 Bed Room Flat - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Much Does It Cost To Build A 5 Bed Room Flat (26283 Views)

Executive 5 Bed Duplex Design - Full Options / How Much Will It Cost To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City? / How Much Will It Cost To Lay The Foundation (only) Of A 3 Bedroom Flat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Does It Cost To Build A 5 Bed Room Flat by erenax: 1:58pm On Mar 08, 2017
I have a budget of 2 million naira.. How much does it cost to build a 5 - bedroom flat??

1 Like

Re: How Much Does It Cost To Build A 5 Bed Room Flat by Goldenheart(m): 7:04am On Mar 09, 2017
It will cost you approximately

N31, 804, 342, 091

In case you need the break down.... cool

1 Like

Re: How Much Does It Cost To Build A 5 Bed Room Flat by babyfaceafrica: 7:04am On Mar 09, 2017
Depending on location,you may only buy a plot of land or build a mansion.If its is Lagos,that money no buy land self,talkless of build house,if na interior Ogun like ogijo,mowe ,asese and matogun that money will go far in building three bedroom.if na abuja..forget it,use your money to buy fura.go places like aba,osun ,Enugu sokoto and places not conjested

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Does It Cost To Build A 5 Bed Room Flat by slurryeye: 7:04am On Mar 09, 2017
I don't know how much it will cost, but I'm sure 2 million is far from being enough

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Does It Cost To Build A 5 Bed Room Flat by Goldenheart(m): 7:04am On Mar 09, 2017
....Still FTC
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Build A 5 Bed Room Flat by lonelydora: 7:04am On Mar 09, 2017
I'm here to read comments

1 Like

Re: How Much Does It Cost To Build A 5 Bed Room Flat by Negotiate: 7:05am On Mar 09, 2017
not sure 2m can deal... maybe 4m
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Build A 5 Bed Room Flat by isahkadir1(m): 7:06am On Mar 09, 2017
You more bro, I think because my brother spent more than that in his 4 bedroom flat.
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Build A 5 Bed Room Flat by egbabiekperemo1: 7:06am On Mar 09, 2017
erenax:
I have a budget of 2 million naira.. How much does it cost to build a 5 - bedroom flat??

Is the land already available?

1 Like

Re: How Much Does It Cost To Build A 5 Bed Room Flat by drkay(m): 7:06am On Mar 09, 2017
Depends on so many factors: condition of the land ( dry? water logged? sloppy /flat), size of the building, location, moulding blocks/ buying? your taste as per finishing level. Am currently working on a project, 3 no of 2bedroom flat. I have spent 1.5m and I have not gone beyond foundation stage. Of course the land is dry but very sloppy. filling alone gulped about 500k. I don't know how far ur 2m can go but definitely not half way.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Does It Cost To Build A 5 Bed Room Flat by isahkadir1(m): 7:07am On Mar 09, 2017
You need more bro, I think because my brother spent more than that in his 4 bedroom flat.
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Build A 5 Bed Room Flat by Astrogeotech01: 7:08am On Mar 09, 2017
erenax:

is it in Lagos?
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Build A 5 Bed Room Flat by Fraegunnaya(m): 7:09am On Mar 09, 2017
Contact me 08101217536
, am an Architect, I will help quantify your project to your satisfaction
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Build A 5 Bed Room Flat by jasperism(m): 7:10am On Mar 09, 2017
Only your foundation will consume 700k, not to
talk of the finishing. Well for the foundation it depends on the soil and the land level
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Build A 5 Bed Room Flat by Nobody: 7:10am On Mar 09, 2017
Here to learn, Oya builders estimate.
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Build A 5 Bed Room Flat by Amajerry83(m): 7:12am On Mar 09, 2017
You need 20m

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Does It Cost To Build A 5 Bed Room Flat by crunchyg: 7:13am On Mar 09, 2017
Maybe 4 million can do

1 Like

Re: How Much Does It Cost To Build A 5 Bed Room Flat by danemenike: 7:13am On Mar 09, 2017
Everyone is suddenly a builder and a quantity surveyor. How we unprofessionally come up with these estimates amazes me. I have built many houses and still building houses for several clients on Nairaland here, I'll never give an estimate without considering the following factors;
Building plan
Site Location
Type of soil
Cost of labour in that area
Cost of supervision
Cost of building material in that area e.t.c
The cost of the house I built in Lekki-Ajah was different from that which I built in Enugu. Similar building, different cost. Ajah was swampy whilst Enugu was very dry. In order to give you a proper estimate, you need to state the aforementioned factors. I wish you good speed.

Engr.Daniel (07037629947)
TerraStone Construction

2 Likes

Re: How Much Does It Cost To Build A 5 Bed Room Flat by bsonenterprise: 7:14am On Mar 09, 2017
It depends on the fluctuation of the price of building materials in the market. Last year, i was doing finishing for a two storey project in PH, and while the client was still wasting time, cement went from 1550 to 2300. That alone pushed the cost of the plastering from 2.6 to 3.15
Building right now is dependent on cost of materials. Cement, planks, iron, blocks, sands and granite now have higher prices, and for engineers like myself, no idea when this will go down or if it ever will.
For five bedroom, the rough estimate from foundation to roofing is broken down as follows...
Approval for building in mainland Lagos, 250k, island 500k
Foundation plus casting, OMo onile cash, labor and laying of blocks = 600k if more..
Materials 1st stage, 4000 6x6 blocks including fencing plus cost of gate... Blocks sells now at 150 that's 600k, plus cement (60 bags) totals 150k, don't forget sands,stones,steel and planks plus labor. Another rough 500k. Total is roughly 1.5m plus labour.
Then roofing. I did one for a three bedroom recently, you can visit jonnytech at abule eggs to get a quote for your roof, don't go to towers, their price is insane, but the quality is the best. The roof I did was a step tiles aluminum roofing and it swallowed 900k.
Now finishing, that one depends on your taste. For a five bedroom, you need soakaway, parking lot, tiles, ceiling, good kitchen work, POP, wall screding, wardrobes, etc... Book like 2million.
And don't forget your borehole...pray your land is not on some rocky land because you might have to pay close to 500k if it is.

Now You See, you need roughly 5-6 million. And I hope you are not building at lekki coz you will for sure need double the amount.

At OP I'm not scaring you, building right now is expensive but it's worth having your house than living a fake life style and paying your rude and annoying land lord yearly. God will bless you. You can pm me if you need more advice.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Does It Cost To Build A 5 Bed Room Flat by Otogah: 7:16am On Mar 09, 2017
erenax:
Just visit me on www.nicebuilder. for more details
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Build A 5 Bed Room Flat by amanikondo: 7:17am On Mar 09, 2017
You will build a one bedroom Mud house with your budget.
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Build A 5 Bed Room Flat by prettyomidan: 7:18am On Mar 09, 2017
Fraegunnaya:
Contact me 08101217536
, am an Architect, I will help quantify your project to your satisfaction
abeg comot for road. Help someone u dey talk another tin

4 Likes

Re: How Much Does It Cost To Build A 5 Bed Room Flat by Otogah: 7:18am On Mar 09, 2017
Otogah:
Just visit www.nicebuilder. for more details
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Build A 5 Bed Room Flat by IMASTEX: 7:20am On Mar 09, 2017
Really need answers from builders.
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Build A 5 Bed Room Flat by IMASTEX: 7:21am On Mar 09, 2017
Goldenheart:
It will cost you approximately

N31, 804, 342, 091

In case you need the break down.... cool
Must you always comment, even in matters you know nothing of. Please, this thread is for men. Kindly go to the section that needs you most "romance and joke"

9 Likes

Re: How Much Does It Cost To Build A 5 Bed Room Flat by Nobody: 7:22am On Mar 09, 2017
5 hmm
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Build A 5 Bed Room Flat by evergenuine(m): 7:23am On Mar 09, 2017
Are you building it in the year 2005 or 2017?
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Build A 5 Bed Room Flat by plegion19: 7:24am On Mar 09, 2017
from experience, you need close to 8 to 9 million naira, only the roofing you need at least 1million, the ties another 1 million, foundation depend on the soil, blocks, cement and so many other stuff.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Does It Cost To Build A 5 Bed Room Flat by podosci(m): 7:26am On Mar 09, 2017
Check the thread below to see 3D views of. different buildings and the their cost. I believe his would guide you.
https://www.nairaland.com/2915461/3d-views-buildings-harneyproject-team/2

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Does It Cost To Build A 5 Bed Room Flat by saydfact(m): 7:26am On Mar 09, 2017
erenax:

If your budget is 2mil - then u shdn't be thinking of 5 bedroom.

I'll advice you go for a 2 bedroom and that wld still cost you more than 2 mil.....

5 bedroom wont cost less than 6-7mil - no matter how small it is (if properly built to quality)

4 Likes

Re: How Much Does It Cost To Build A 5 Bed Room Flat by IMASTEX: 7:28am On Mar 09, 2017
evergenuine:
Are you building it in the year 2005 or 2017?
No, he is building it in the year 2090. Why was the thread created?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Building On Swamp, How Do I Go, Raft Or Pile? / Ebute-Meta Building Tenants Given Quit Notice Before Collapse - Caretaker / Two Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, One Dead, Several Rescued

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.