Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:35 AM

Main Radiator Or Reservoir Tank - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Main Radiator Or Reservoir Tank (855 Views)

Radiator Problems On 2006 Honda Accord !!! / 4 Typical Signs Of A Failing Radiator / Don't Top-up Your Radiator With Water. Use Engine Coolant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Main Radiator Or Reservoir Tank by Valvin: 6:11pm On Mar 08, 2017
Gurus in the house, pls help...I have been having this argument with a friend about the right place to pour the radiator coolant in my car...He said the right place is the reservoir tank while I told him its the main radiator.. Pls experience guys should come in and comment because am about pouring the coolant I bought on the main radiator but am confused since my friend said its the reservoir tank.... Note:Am a new car owner and not yet experienced on issues like this....
Re: Main Radiator Or Reservoir Tank by lonelydora: 6:20pm On Mar 08, 2017
Pour it in the radiator. There is a reason it's called "radiator coolant" and not 'reservoir coolant'
Re: Main Radiator Or Reservoir Tank by Valvin: 7:05pm On Mar 08, 2017
So does it mean that the reservoir tank will remain empty when I pour d coolant in d radiator.
Re: Main Radiator Or Reservoir Tank by jodeci(m): 7:20pm On Mar 08, 2017
It differs from cars to cars. For Nissan Pathy u pour from the reservoir and it trickles down to the radiator,the idea to evacuate air from the system.
Re: Main Radiator Or Reservoir Tank by Greene66: 9:00pm On Mar 08, 2017
Reservoir tank please.

It moves into the Radiator itself.

DO NOT OPEN THE RADIATOR CAP AT ALL! (Tested and Confirmed)
Re: Main Radiator Or Reservoir Tank by Valvin: 9:45pm On Mar 08, 2017
Thks for ur contributions so far....
Re: Main Radiator Or Reservoir Tank by Valvin: 6:21pm On Mar 09, 2017
More comments are welcomed pls...
Re: Main Radiator Or Reservoir Tank by stephcruse(m): 3:53pm On Mar 11, 2017
You can put it in any of them just make you check your radiator resavoir next morning of cause you might not find anything in your resavoir next morning, dont forget coolant flow round . for more info call 08038042709
Re: Main Radiator Or Reservoir Tank by bravolad(m): 4:18pm On Mar 11, 2017
Valvin:
Gurus in the house, pls help...I have been having this argument with a friend about the right place to pour the radiator coolant in my car...He said the right place is the reservoir tank while I told him its the main radiator.. Pls experience guys should come in and comment because am about pouring the coolant I bought on the main radiator but am confused since my friend said its the reservoir tank.... Note:Am a new car owner and not yet experienced on issues like this....

It's important you provide us with car model & make. However, coolant is supposed to be poured into the expansion tank (Reservior tank) usually written coolant.

One main function of the coolant is to cool the engine when the engine has properly warmed up & operating at its peak, the thermostat opens to allow coolant into the engine and returns to the expansion thank. This process is enabled by the ECU for most vehicles. So if you pour it directly to the radiator coolant, you be limiting this function and your car will take a longer time to warm.
Re: Main Radiator Or Reservoir Tank by Valvin: 6:03am On Mar 15, 2017
I appreciate so much for ur input brothers....

(1) (Reply)

Acer Chromebook Spin 11 Top Highlights !! / Range Rover Sport's New P400e Plug-in Hybrid Sets World's Record / Aston Martin Lagonda Unveils Vision Concept Luxury Mobility For The Year Of 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.