Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,913 members, 7,802,974 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:06 AM

Top 10 Most Problematic Cars To Avoid When Buying A Car - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Top 10 Most Problematic Cars To Avoid When Buying A Car (56249 Views)

7 Features To Look Out For When Buying A Car / How To NEVER Fall Prey To Fraudulent Car Dealers And Problematic Cars. / China Begins Export Of Second Hand Cars To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Most Problematic Cars To Avoid When Buying A Car by ibro360(m): 7:57am On Mar 09, 2017
American cars
Re: Top 10 Most Problematic Cars To Avoid When Buying A Car by adecz: 8:01am On Mar 09, 2017
Honda Accord vehicles are one of the most reliable & durable vehicles. You can drive them for years & only go for regular oil change.

Brake pads wearing early does not signify problems with the cars.

Pls remove Accord from the list.

Stop spreading rumors angry

11 Likes

Re: Top 10 Most Problematic Cars To Avoid When Buying A Car by Silas0(m): 8:04am On Mar 09, 2017
Dottore:
Talking from experience l and coming from a family and extended family of Honda freaks, I will say that the only good thing about Honda is that they have better cosmetic designs than Toyota both interior and exterior but generally speaking, Honda is a terrible brand anytime.
You can't embark on a journey of up to 500 miles with a Honda with confidence. That explains why you don't see any commercial transport company including any Honda brand in their fleet. They have very poor reliability ratio.
If Honda Accord troubles you particularly "Baby Boy, End of Discussion, Discussion Continues, and Evil Spirit", you'd think some with craft covers haven taken up the task to mess up your mobility.
lol!
Re: Top 10 Most Problematic Cars To Avoid When Buying A Car by charleyboi(m): 8:13am On Mar 09, 2017
So which car is not problematic?
Re: Top 10 Most Problematic Cars To Avoid When Buying A Car by scholes23(m): 8:13am On Mar 09, 2017
AutoReportNG2:
9. Hyundai Elantra

Take your pick of problems with the Hyundai Elantra. There are a handful of common complaints across a wide range of years, but most commonly noted are tire blowouts, grinding brakes, and rough-running engines.

Specifically, grinding brakes are the most common issues the Elantra experiences. Brake pads and rotors have to be replaced frequently - way more often than should be necessary.
I STRONGLY DISAGREE WITH YOU COS MY THREE YEARS EXPERIENCE PROVES YOU WRONG
2013 Hyundai Elantras are by far the most problematic.
Re: Top 10 Most Problematic Cars To Avoid When Buying A Car by emi14: 8:15am On Mar 09, 2017
I disagree with you on Honda cars.
American cars are problem like really. But Trump will come after you for condemning his countries products.
Six out of 10 na American cars. You hate Yankee.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Problematic Cars To Avoid When Buying A Car by chronique(m): 8:17am On Mar 09, 2017
Dottore:
Talking from experience l and coming from a family and extended family of Honda freaks, I will say that the only good thing about Honda is that they have better cosmetic designs than Toyota both interior and exterior but generally speaking, Honda is a terrible brand anytime.
You can't embark on a journey of up to 500 miles with a Honda with confidence. That explains why you don't see any commercial transport company including any Honda brand in their fleet. They have very poor reliability ratio.
If Honda Accord troubles you particularly "Baby Boy, End of Discussion, Discussion Continues, and Evil Spirit", you'd think some with craft covers haven taken up the task to mess up your mobility.

This is absolutely incorrect. My dad has used too many hondas and never had issues with them. As at today, we still have one Honda civic bought brand new in 2003 and has about 50k miles on it and the engine has never been touched. Same with the suv. It all boils down to maintenance. People who don't know how to maintain vehicles, always talk about one car or the other being bad.

9 Likes

Re: Top 10 Most Problematic Cars To Avoid When Buying A Car by desmond249(m): 8:17am On Mar 09, 2017
Get your car diagnostic tools (www.Masquest.net)
Re: Top 10 Most Problematic Cars To Avoid When Buying A Car by sacramento1212: 8:17am On Mar 09, 2017
Benz4pimp:
The first thing I change immediately I purchase any Honda is the AC,once changed,its as good as a Toyota

How do you mean change your AC? what do you change in the AC?
Re: Top 10 Most Problematic Cars To Avoid When Buying A Car by Nobody: 8:18am On Mar 09, 2017
princemillla:
OP I totally disagree with you bro.

I have never seen a single problematic car in my years of using vehicle. All balls down to users. Believe me this your list is someone Best ride, that may av been serving for years.

I also have one con's here on nairaland on my nissan quest but someone encouraged me Costee and till today I don't av single regret or anything.

*Boils down
Re: Top 10 Most Problematic Cars To Avoid When Buying A Car by kogistar: 8:21am On Mar 09, 2017
LordGuru1:
Nissan Murano; another name for hypertension.
what is wrong with it?
Re: Top 10 Most Problematic Cars To Avoid When Buying A Car by princemillla(m): 8:21am On Mar 09, 2017
Ponbolkay:
*Boils down

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Most Problematic Cars To Avoid When Buying A Car by sacramento1212: 8:28am On Mar 09, 2017
kogistar:
what is wrong with it?

Mostly known for transmission failure and it's very expensive to procure once it fails.
Re: Top 10 Most Problematic Cars To Avoid When Buying A Car by timifizzy(m): 8:33am On Mar 09, 2017
Benz4pimp:
I write to prove you wrong....I am currently using my 3rd Honda and throughout the duration I used the other ones,(baby boy and EOD) currently using evil spirit,I have never for once had any problem....I don't know how you guys maintain cars but everyone around me gives me the accolade for maintaining my cars

Tell them bro..... i have been using the Honda ACCORD brand for the past 15 years, and asides the usual maintainance culture and servicing, I have not experienced any difficulties with the cars.... on the other hand, I think people gets too sentimental about what they have not experienced when it comes to Honda accord.. even someone who still has it in view to acquire a car in 3 years time will tell you confidently "I don't like Honda jare, he dey commotion hand".... it's pathetic....lol.. I have seen actually all major car brands coming up with shafts problems, even the much acclaimed benz.. so .........?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Most Problematic Cars To Avoid When Buying A Car by kingreign(m): 8:34am On Mar 09, 2017
Lewandoski20:

You didn't say anything about the Volkswagen brands that had to be recalled due to falsified emission control software... Or about Toyota Yaris and other Toyota brands whose brakes failed 3-4 years ago. Why?

Wrong, Toyota never had failed brakes this years off the factory. Their floor carpet stuck the accelerator pedal in WOT and caused unintended acceleration, which was recalled and their carpets redesigned.
Re: Top 10 Most Problematic Cars To Avoid When Buying A Car by initiate: 8:41am On Mar 09, 2017
you need to stop all these copy and paste and actually do some research. then you will provide better reports

AutoReportNG2:
What's your take on these lists?

Any contradiction?

Lalasticlala, seun
Re: Top 10 Most Problematic Cars To Avoid When Buying A Car by bullabong(m): 8:50am On Mar 09, 2017
AutoReportNG2:

Any contradiction?

Lalasticlala, seun
most useless,uninvestigated piece I have ever read about cars.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Problematic Cars To Avoid When Buying A Car by robertogun(m): 9:03am On Mar 09, 2017
i am not suprised that toyota isnt on this list. toyota makes the most durable cars even though they sometimes have the worst aesthetics. but i will always take peace of mind totota provides over the beauty of other brands.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Problematic Cars To Avoid When Buying A Car by Lazyreporta(m): 9:11am On Mar 09, 2017
Nissan sentry 2007 nko

No gist about it?
Re: Top 10 Most Problematic Cars To Avoid When Buying A Car by FTBOY: 9:18am On Mar 09, 2017
give it up for Toyota cars! not even one was mentioned.

but...bia, op, why is nissan maxima not in the list. i take it that you have no idea that car is a moving coffin.
Re: Top 10 Most Problematic Cars To Avoid When Buying A Car by FTBOY: 9:21am On Mar 09, 2017
robertogun:
i am not suprised that toyota isnt on this list. toyota makes the most durable cars even though they sometimes have the worst aesthetics. but i will always take peace of mind totota provides over the beauty of other brands.
peace of mind, bro...and reliable too. it's mechanic-friendly and the parts are always available and affordable. even an apprentice engineer can fix it.+
Re: Top 10 Most Problematic Cars To Avoid When Buying A Car by SweetyZinta(f): 9:36am On Mar 09, 2017
Pontiac Vibe should be included ooo
Re: Top 10 Most Problematic Cars To Avoid When Buying A Car by Nobody: 9:37am On Mar 09, 2017
sacramento1212:

How do you mean change your AC? what do you change in the AC?
compressor,dryer,seal...I hope my spellings are right
Re: Top 10 Most Problematic Cars To Avoid When Buying A Car by sacramento1212: 9:39am On Mar 09, 2017
Benz4pimp:
compressor,dryer,seal...I hope my spellings are right

Your spellings are correct but why do you change them when they aren't faulty?
Re: Top 10 Most Problematic Cars To Avoid When Buying A Car by forandy(m): 10:13am On Mar 09, 2017
Ford windstar.... God forbid!!!
Re: Top 10 Most Problematic Cars To Avoid When Buying A Car by Nobody: 10:17am On Mar 09, 2017
Benz4pimp:
I write to prove you wrong....I am currently using my 3rd Honda and throughout the duration I used the other ones,(baby boy and EOD) currently using evil spirit,I have never for once had any problem....I don't know how you guys maintain cars but everyone around me gives me the accolade for maintaining my cars

Correct. I used eod for close to 5 yrs no major problems, just normal routing maintenance and changing of parts that naturally wear. My suspension never pulled for once. Now using Honda pilot and I have never taken it to a mechanic since I bought it. Very sweet ride.
Re: Top 10 Most Problematic Cars To Avoid When Buying A Car by EMIOMOADEOYE: 10:17am On Mar 09, 2017
AutoReportNG2:

Any contradiction?

Lalasticlala, seun

Many of these vehicles are American brands.

Secondly.....consider that the offending brands are most likely the American Spec Versions.

Ive used a a 2012 Accord without any issues whatsoever.
Re: Top 10 Most Problematic Cars To Avoid When Buying A Car by guychidile: 10:27am On Mar 09, 2017
I don't hear..first thing is,where is the money for the purchase of the car nah.
Re: Top 10 Most Problematic Cars To Avoid When Buying A Car by johnlegend01: 10:47am On Mar 09, 2017
To all that have used Honda cars, thanks a bunch for the good talks. To all that know little or nothing about Honda, thanks all the same.

Oh my God! As you have always been good, continue to bless me Lord. Amen!
Honda and Benz all the way.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Most Problematic Cars To Avoid When Buying A Car by phoexix: 10:50am On Mar 09, 2017
Op, kindly note that the problematic cars you listed have been very reliable to some users. While the ones you didn't list are causing their owners pains and regret.
Some things you pointed out as issues for some of them is not enough reason to call it problematic.
Re: Top 10 Most Problematic Cars To Avoid When Buying A Car by uwemetok(m): 11:09am On Mar 09, 2017
[quote author=refreshrate post=54410482]2007/08 Toyota Camry SE V6
2010 Mercedes Benz E-350
Thank you God no make the list. Na the two car I dey target now be dat.

You too sabi....
Tho I would have preferred a toyota Corolla with an E350.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

States With The Most Beautiful Police Cars In Nigeria (Photos) / Photos Of Customized Nigeria Police Keke / Flying Cars 2017: Which Of These Flying Cars Would You Wish To Have?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.