Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,278 members, 7,780,632 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:10 PM

Virus Has Dealt With My Files - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Virus Has Dealt With My Files (583 Views)

Corona Virus Has No Link With 5G Network / All SSH Vpn, Unlock Config Files For MTN Mpulse Data To Power All Apps / Open SSH Config Files For MTN 0.0kb And Mpulse Data Via HTTP Injector And Kpntun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Virus Has Dealt With My Files by SeniorArchitect: 12:39pm On Mar 09, 2017
Please I need help.

I went online with my laptop and all my files/documents went blank and inaccessible after I logged off. My apps still open, and any new document I create remains accessible.

The problem is that all the documents I had before that day has turned to a blank white paper or turned to shortcut.

Most of these documents are very important to me. Some are even projects that I've concluded but not submitted.

I've tried Restore many times but it wouldn't complete. Please what can I do to retrieve my old files and get rid of this virus. My Avast antivirus is long expired though.

The computer model is hp620, 32bit OS.

Below are screenshot images of some sections of the computer.

Re: Virus Has Dealt With My Files by PoisonedOne: 4:29pm On Mar 09, 2017
Go online and download 'usbfix' ,install it, click on 'clean', when it's done it will paste the result on your desktop. Let me know if this didn't solve the issue. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Virus Has Dealt With My Files by SeniorArchitect: 10:16am On Mar 10, 2017
Bros the thing did not work o. It only temporarily deleted my cursor and a number of other apps, and after I restarted the computer everything returned to status quo.

A screenshot image of the report is attached.

(1) (Reply)

ICT-FOR-CHANGE Organized By Huawei Technologies Ltd. / No Going Back On Relocation Of Ikeja Computer Village – Lagos State / This FREE Training Is Worth $1,500 (USD), It Can Fetch You $500-2000 Monthly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.