Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,931 members, 7,806,695 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:05 PM

My Shocking Experience With Igbo Corpers During Nysc...corps Member Recounts - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / My Shocking Experience With Igbo Corpers During Nysc...corps Member Recounts (2421 Views)

Some Didn't Wear Pants: Muslim Corper Shocking Experience In Delta NYSC Camp / Certificates Acquired During NYSC / Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Shocking Experience With Igbo Corpers During Nysc...corps Member Recounts by Youngadvocate(m): 1:33pm On Mar 09, 2017
HOW I STARTED LOVING THE IGBOS.

THE MYTH:
As a boy growing up on the street of Port Harcourt, I was told so many horrible things about Igbos.
I was told that Igbos were planning to push Rivers people to Abia State for the people of Abia to inhabit Rivers State because of our resources.
I was told that Igbo people enslaved and ruled over my people in Bori the traditional headquarters of Ogoni Kingdom.
I was told that Odumegwu Ojukwu, Onyeka Onwenu and other prominent Igbos brazenly rejoiced over the execution of my uncle Ken Saro Wiwa because of the role he played during the Civil War.
I was told that it is better to be slaves to Hausa-Fulani than to be brothers to Igbos because, Igbos are worse than Hausas.

THE EFFECTS
These things made me to terribly detest Igbos beyond what you can imagine, I was always skeptical, cynical and suspicious while dealing with Igbos. It also affected my friendship with Igbo guys, I was always careful not to be a victim, no matter how they value the friendship, as long as they are Igbos, they were bad eggs to me .

It also severely affected my relationship with Igbo girls, 70% of the girls I have seen are Igbos girls but I have never treated any of my Igbo girlfriends fairly because, I programmed my mind not to be interested in anything beyond the fun attached to the chemistry of boys and girls stuff while dealing with an Igbo girl, I didn't want to make the mistake of dating an Igbo girl to the extent of marrying her.

THE DISCOVERY.
I was posted to Akwa Ibom State for my national youth service in November 2013, there I made so many Igbo friends, almost 60% of Akwa Ibom corps members are from Igbo extraction, mainly from IMSU, FUTO, ABSU, UMUDIKE, ESUT and IMT. There I saw how determined a typical Igbo youth is, there i saw the natural tendency for economic success in a typical Igbo guy, there I saw the reason why Igbos are entrepreneurs allover the globe, there I saw that God specially gave them the metaphysical eyes to see money in things and where you don't even think of smelling money, there I saw that even though the Igbos have had severe political travails and marginalization, they will forever remain the economic salt of Nigeria, even after the restoration of Biafra.

While we were serving, those of us who are Port Harcourt breed UNIPORT/RSSUST corps members were always complaining that Akwa Ibom is beautiful but not groovy like Port Harcourt, we were always complaining that the town is dry with no night life like Port Harcourt. But our friends from the Igbo extraction were seeing things differently, they saw Akwa Ibom as a beautiful virgin land highly in need of economic exploration, they saw huge business opportunities in where we saw boredom.

We were complaining of the insufficient N19,800 alawi while they were seeing it as potential small scale business capital. We used our alawi to club in one night because, we didn't see it as good enough to help us, while our Igbo friends inject it into their small scale businesses. We were always going to Tropicana to see movies while our Igbo friends are busy going to Lagos to bring wears and jewelries for us to buy. We were always calling home for money but our Igbo friends were sending money home instead.
At the end of my service year, I said I was going back to Port Harcourt because I believed Uyo was too dry for me to hustle, but my Igbo friends stayed back because they saw Uyo as a land lacking business and as such, it's good for them to make money through the introduction of different businesses.

THE REVERSAL.
I came back to Port Harcourt then pondered on my experience with these Igbo brains, I then realised why people hate them, I felt bad seriously for wrongly hating them all these while, I decided to love them because, they have the kind of zeal I'd love to emulate.

THE CONVICTION.
When I was fully convinced that the Igbos are not only my role models but my blood was when they went against all odds to make Goodluck Jonathan their own, they loved him even more than some us from the South South, they gave him their full support at the poll not minding the consequences. Ever since, I couldn't stop loving Igbos but to love them even more.
Continue Reading: http://igbobia.com/?q=calito-felipes-viewplease-read-thisyour-opinion-will-definitely-change-about-the-igbos.html

4 Likes

Re: My Shocking Experience With Igbo Corpers During Nysc...corps Member Recounts by Nobody: 1:40pm On Mar 09, 2017
angry

Re: My Shocking Experience With Igbo Corpers During Nysc...corps Member Recounts by BankeSmalls(f): 1:43pm On Mar 09, 2017
This will hurt my fellow yoruba afonjas.

Kick to the groin cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Shocking Experience With Igbo Corpers During Nysc...corps Member Recounts by Nobody: 1:47pm On Mar 09, 2017
Absolute Truth.
The Igbos re adventurous.
The Sentiments and prejudices against them re as a result of their ingenuity and success in craftsmanship and commerce.
Thank God you separated the facts from the myths.
Hope others will learn from this ur experience.
Proudly Igbo.

2 Likes

Re: My Shocking Experience With Igbo Corpers During Nysc...corps Member Recounts by Lastpharoah33: 1:51pm On Mar 09, 2017
My gworo eating northerners may understand this write up, but to our brown roof Republic.... It's pepper in the pu**y cheesy

2 Likes

Re: My Shocking Experience With Igbo Corpers During Nysc...corps Member Recounts by Nobody: 1:56pm On Mar 09, 2017
afonjas viewing this thread with bitterness and anger

2 Likes

Re: My Shocking Experience With Igbo Corpers During Nysc...corps Member Recounts by explorer250(m): 2:01pm On Mar 09, 2017
HateU2:
angry

I know you and I know you hate igbos. the first time I visited romance section I saw you display your hatred for Igbo girls. you claimed Igbo girls are not beautiful and they have yam legs,you seem to have a personal beef for Igbo girls and couldn't hide it. I know you are Yoruba and one thing is sure "you can never be more pretty than Igbo girls neither can you win a man over at her detriment"
you should stick to romance where you can mask your bigotry and jealousy because you will be rubbished here,at politics section.

2 Likes

Re: My Shocking Experience With Igbo Corpers During Nysc...corps Member Recounts by explorer250(m): 2:12pm On Mar 09, 2017
HateU2:
angry

I know you and I know you hate igbos. the first time I visited romance section I saw you display your hatred for Igbo girls. you claimed Igbo girls are not beautiful and they have yam legs,you seem to have a personal beef for Igbo girls and couldn't hide it. I know you are Yoruba and one thing is sure "you can never be more pretty than Igbo girls neither can you win a man over at her detriment"
you should stick to romance where you can mask your bigotry and jealousy because you will be rubbished here,at politics section.

1 Like

Re: My Shocking Experience With Igbo Corpers During Nysc...corps Member Recounts by explorer250(m): 2:13pm On Mar 09, 2017
you have been marked
Re: My Shocking Experience With Igbo Corpers During Nysc...corps Member Recounts by Mortiple(m): 3:03pm On Mar 09, 2017
God bless you for being honest, sincere and open-minded in your assessment of Igbo people following your recent encounter with them. I am glad that finally you are liberated from self-destructive prejudice.

Above all, thanks be to God Almighty who have illuminated your heart of understanding concerning the nature of Igbo people.

I can assure you that majority of us, Ndigbo love our South South and North Central neighbours. Most often, we get confused when you rebuff our sincere camaraderie.

Again and again, God bless you.

1 Like

Re: My Shocking Experience With Igbo Corpers During Nysc...corps Member Recounts by Nobody: 3:33pm On Mar 09, 2017
explorer250:
[s]

you should stick to romance where you can mask your bigotry and jealousy because you will be rubbished here,at politics section.[/s]
check my moniker very well. Unless they attack yoruba girls, I dont attack igbo girls. I have them as friends and dont have anything against them. I am not tribalistic at all. Like I said, check my moniker very well. Becareful with your words, you dont wanna have 'counter' with me wink
Re: My Shocking Experience With Igbo Corpers During Nysc...corps Member Recounts by Youngadvocate(m): 7:28pm On Mar 09, 2017
HateU2:
check my moniker very well. Unless they attack yoruba girls, I dont attack igbo girls. I have them as friends and dont have anything against them. I am not tribalistic at all. Like I said, check my moniker very well. Becareful with your words, you dont wanna have 'counter' with me wink
Please, you both should embrace peace
Re: My Shocking Experience With Igbo Corpers During Nysc...corps Member Recounts by emmaphy22(m): 7:43pm On Mar 09, 2017
BankeSmalls:
This will hurt my fellow yoruba afonjas.

Kick to the groin cheesy cheesy

What as afonjas got to do with this now? You're an asshole

1 Like

Re: My Shocking Experience With Igbo Corpers During Nysc...corps Member Recounts by Ugosample(m): 5:11pm On Mar 11, 2017
Very nice

(1) (Reply)

How To Print NYSC Call-up Letter Online For Batch 'B' Stream 2 - 2018 / Rectification Of Errors In The Error List / Confirmed Update - NYSC 2017 Badge A, Stream 2 POP Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.