Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,767 members, 7,806,109 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:34 AM

Kfc In Nigeria - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Kfc In Nigeria (20146 Views)

How To Prepare KFC Fried Chicken (yes You Can Do It All By Yourself) / KFC Customer Finds Tiny Brain In His Fried Chicken / How Many Pieces Of Chicken Do You Get In A KFC Bucket. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kfc In Nigeria by naijatoday: 4:02pm On Dec 16, 2009
Is it true that there is now KFC in Lagos, Nigeria. I saw it in today's Punch newspaper, when Dangote's drink company was congratulating KFC for opening its first branch in Nigeria.

I think it is family related because families might go to KFC, lol
Re: Kfc In Nigeria by Kx: 4:08pm On Dec 16, 2009
Are u sure he was not refering to Kevin Fans Club (KFC) mnet bba4?
Re: Kfc In Nigeria by naijatoday: 4:42pm On Dec 16, 2009
no check the link for e-punch. It is the ad towards the end, near the politics section.

http://www.e-punch.com/
Re: Kfc In Nigeria by backspade(m): 5:21pm On Dec 16, 2009
KFC is disgusting (probably because their hormone infested chickens). They should put a Popeyes or Louisiana Fried Chicken in Lagos. tongue
Re: Kfc In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:45pm On Dec 16, 2009
I see obesity and cholesterol level shooting up if this is true.
Re: Kfc In Nigeria by MCLOVIN: 12:33am On Dec 17, 2009
3 words
City Hall Onikan.
Re: Kfc In Nigeria by naijatoday: 3:24pm On Dec 17, 2009
Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC), one of the global leaders in the fast food service industry, opened its first outlet at the City mall in Onikan, Lagos on Monday, December 14.

The Lagos State Commissioner for Commerce and Industry, Adeniyi Oyemade, performed the formal opening ceremony on behalf of the Lagos State Governor, Babatunde Fashola.

The brand was brought to Nigeria, via Devyan International Nig Ltd (formed from a joint venture between RJ Corp of India and Chellarams Plc) and an agreement with Yum Restaurants International (YRI), who are the franchise owners of the KFC brand.

Marc Schreuder, the chief executive officer of Devyan International said the tripartite partnership, was born out of the recognition of Nigerians' crave for excellent and quick service along with quality foods without leaving the country shores. Bruce Layzell, the business development manager of Yum Brands added that the quality of service from KFC outlets in other parts of the world is what they will offer in Nigeria.

The new fast-food spot would open seven days of the week from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m,

Harland Sanders founded Kentucky Fried Chicken in 1952 at Louisville, Kentucky, United States. KFC has been operating under Yum Brands since 1997, when the company spun off from Pepsi-co as Trico Global restaurant Inc.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Money/5497893-147/first_outlet_in_Nigeria__.csp
Re: Kfc In Nigeria by Pittbaby(f): 3:58pm On Dec 17, 2009
Popeye and Louisana fried chicken are healthier than KFC !!!! grin at least KFC has the grilled chicken. fact of the matter is I will take homegrowm fast food chains over foreign ones . Please some one come and open a TFC in Ohio
Re: Kfc In Nigeria by davidif: 9:08pm On Dec 17, 2009
[size=16pt]NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO shocked shocked shocked THEY WANT TO COME AND KILL NIGERIANS WITH THERE HORMONE AND POISON INFESTED CHICKENS. PLEASE FASHOLA SHUT DOWN THIS PEOPLE BEFORE THEY GIVE ALL OF US CANCER. [/size]
Re: Kfc In Nigeria by blackspade(m): 10:40pm On Dec 17, 2009
@ Pittbaby

KFC grilled chicken is not really grilled, haven't you seen the el pollo loco commercial where they expose them of putting artificial grill marks on their chicken? grin
Re: Kfc In Nigeria by mamagee3(f): 1:16am On Dec 18, 2009
KFC in Nigeria
Please, someone tell me this is a joke
. tongue
Re: Kfc In Nigeria by ooohyea: 12:23am On Dec 19, 2009
Chicken giving cancer. LOL! It is true that america leads the world in cancer cases but that is ridiculous. The food quality in Nigeria is far less than par. At least the quality of the food served in this joint will be closely monitored. I also doubt that the chickens used to supply this store will be flown in from American farms. They will be farmed on African soil most likely. You should worry less about this fast food joint and more about improving Nigeria as a whole. It is not the cleanest or easy place in the world to live. Some true to heart Nigerians worry for the wrong reasons. Nigerians are without a doubt one of the most intelligent races of people on the planet yet Nigeia is one of the most ass backwards, under-developed countries in the world. If you like the food eat. If not, don't eat it. Fastfood has been around in Nigeria forever. LOL. The roadside vendors, that is fast food. Think about it. Think of how unsanitary it is to prepare and serve food on the busy roadsides of Nigeria. But I am sure you have eaten from one of these vendors.

Welcome change! Embrace it. Good or bad Nigeria will learn, grow and prosper from the introduction of new business models.
Re: Kfc In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:15pm On Dec 19, 2009
Re: Kfc In Nigeria by Fhemmmy: 5:36pm On Dec 19, 2009
chaircover:

Lets not forget that many of our traditional fast food meals are fried anyway; akara, dodo, puff puff, chin chin, dodo Ikire, robo, plantian chips, dundu etc

If eaten in moderation, then there shouldn't be any problems.

The cost will most probably out of the reach of most Nigerian's anyway; Not many people can afford to pay N5,000 for a meal for 2 on a regular basis.

U dey make man salivate.
Re: Kfc In Nigeria by tRoOE(f): 11:05pm On Dec 19, 2009
It a bad idea havin that nasty KFC in Nigeria
I can see the obesity rasing lipsrsealed
Re: Kfc In Nigeria by OAM4J: 4:01am On Dec 20, 2009
I don't think it's gonna make any difference. There are lots of fast food joints like KFC already in Naija, like Chicken republic, Tastee fried chicken etc. Its just the brand they are bringing.
Re: Kfc In Nigeria by davidif: 7:34pm On Dec 22, 2009
I am not a protectionist at all but i think that there are some of our industries that we seriously need to protect from foreign competition like the "light" industries like textile, agricultural and fast food industry.
Re: Kfc In Nigeria by mamagee3(f): 8:49pm On Dec 22, 2009
I love Nigeria!!! tongue
Re: Kfc In Nigeria by ucnduka(f): 9:22am On Dec 23, 2009
Another excuse for obessed kids and lazy girls *hisses*
Re: Kfc In Nigeria by OAM4J: 7:52pm On Dec 23, 2009
uc nduka:

Another excuse for obessed kids and lazy girls *hisses*

No, I will say another opportunity for lovers to prove/show off their undying love for their love-victims.

I guess the Xmas catching sentence in Naija for guys will be 'Let me take you out on a date to KFC'  grin
Re: Kfc In Nigeria by MrCrackles(m): 7:56pm On Dec 23, 2009
Yeah heard about this ish the other day. . . .

tRoOE:

It a bad idea havin that nasty KFC in Nigeria
I can see the obesity rising lipsrsealed
Pssf. . .Is Obesity not at an alarming level before KFC?
Fast food outlets are all over the place, one KFC outlet wont make any much difference to the existing situation!
Re: Kfc In Nigeria by cleric(m): 4:05pm On Dec 27, 2009
yes o o o okfc dey naija, i see am for city mall near TBS in lagos, i didn't go in though , i shoulda, atleast to compare with their other overseas stuff, i didn't believe myself as i stamped on my brakes when i saw it, gud, i think it is time to give the indigenous ones a run for quality,
Re: Kfc In Nigeria by Princessty(f): 6:29pm On Jan 03, 2010
naijatoday:

Is it true that there is now KFC in Lagos, Nigeria. I saw it in today's Punch newspaper, when Dangote's drink company was congratulating KFC for opening its first branch in Nigeria.

I think it is family related because families might go to KFC, lol
abajo dangote wants them to sell their nasty drinks
Re: Kfc In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:54am On Jan 04, 2010
Laffing in pidgin! True abt dansa being nasty :-)
Re: Kfc In Nigeria by Princessty(f): 6:06pm On Jan 06, 2010
iceblue:

Laffing in pidgin! True abt dansa being nasty :-)

even teir noodles are bad my mom made them and i told my mom never give me dangote again
Re: Kfc In Nigeria by Orilee9ice(m): 1:55pm On Jan 19, 2010
yes o!! its in onikan, took the kids there while in 9ja 4 xmas, we couldnt believe it but its not the same sha, still the hard 9ja chicken or fowl, just like 9ja Nandos, lol
Re: Kfc In Nigeria by Ilelobola: 5:09pm On Jan 22, 2010
Yup it's there at City Mall, Onikan. I had it and the chicken and burgers were as good as the UK's or even better as they also had a hot and crispy or something that's not offered here. I think they have the best fries in 9ja. However, the queues were too long, about 30-45mins waiting time but that was when they'd just opened.

It's too expensive so shouldn't result in obesity issues like they do in the US and UK; most people won't be able to afford it easily on a daily basis, can only be a treat.

The lucky Indian that got the franchise. God give us all direction and grace to follow. smiley
Re: Kfc In Nigeria by N101: 7:58pm On Jan 22, 2010
I don't see what the fuss is about. If KFC is good enough, it will survive. Chances are people will go for it because it's a novel idea, once that wears off KFC may simply fold. I have seen this happen before.

So far there's only one branch, best to adopt a "watch and see" attitude.
Re: Kfc In Nigeria by MyneWhite1(f): 11:40pm On Jan 22, 2010
Another place to go this valentine's day. kiss
Re: Kfc In Nigeria by ponnusma: 1:33pm On Mar 20, 2010
Yep, one in City mall and another one in Palms
Re: Kfc In Nigeria by kolajoo(m): 10:41am On Apr 08, 2010
Congrat Nigerians. I can't just believe it when i was looking at some pic's of Lagos carnival on Face Book and i saw their advert, whooa. I love streetwize 2 so much.

We also need Fish n Chips in NJA tooo

Re: Kfc In Nigeria by MCLOVIN: 10:19pm On Apr 09, 2010
Ive been going there. . . .the place looks like a 'pick-up' joint.
Only a few kids will be adversely affected by the estrogen in the chicken (if any) the grub is damn too costly for the average joe.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Zobo! / Torley Vs Moet: Which One Should You Buy This Festive Season? / What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.