Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,122 members, 7,807,392 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:03 PM

Am I The One Killing My Boss Business - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Am I The One Killing My Boss Business (8746 Views)

My Boss Wants To Date Me. What Should I Do? / I Commented 'What A Nice Picture' On My Boss' Photo And She Is Taking It Up / I Caught My Boss Pants Down With The Organization's Secretary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I The One Killing My Boss Business by pkang: 7:25pm On Mar 09, 2017
I worked with my boss for four years before parting with him. Two years later after I have left for another city, he called me and opened a plumbing shop for me to manage. Sales was too low so we converted the shop to Merrybet shop. Sales was low also because we had a surebet competitor before bet9ja came and slept my customers although the Surebet is still in business.
We relocated on January to a new site with my boss paying 90% of the rent. On our new location, we hardly play 1000 on Saturdays which is a major day where others are playing up to 100000.
I could not complete the payment to the shop because my boss has refused to pay. I have not even received salary for two months. Today the landlord rented the shop and refund me the money for seven months.
My boss is angry at me. Now I have seen a new shop although close to another bet shop but I don't know if I should go head up to rent the shop or tell my boss before doing so.
Secondly, I don't know if I am missing on managerial skills to make the business grow.
Although am an introvert but I don't see that as affecting people from coming to play.
Very confused right now as I am considering leaving .
Advise needed .

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Am I The One Killing My Boss Business by Collins4u1(m): 8:43pm On Mar 09, 2017
Oga no bet 9ja shop is to be close to each other... It gonna affect ur sale
Re: Am I The One Killing My Boss Business by pkang: 6:40am On Mar 10, 2017
Collins4u1:
Oga no bet 9ja shop is to be close to each other... It gonna affect ur sale

Yes I know but mine is Merrybet
Re: Am I The One Killing My Boss Business by Nollynude: 6:47am On Mar 10, 2017
Barca vs Psg = Comeback
Arsnal vs Bayern = Throwback
Dortmond vs Benfica = Powerback
PSG *Fly Emirate*
ARSENAL *Fly Emirate*
BENFICA *Fly Emirate*
Bird of the same feather *Fly Emirate* together

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Am I The One Killing My Boss Business by Joettti: 6:47am On Mar 10, 2017
Hmmm??
Re: Am I The One Killing My Boss Business by itiswellandwell: 6:48am On Mar 10, 2017
Hmmmm
Re: Am I The One Killing My Boss Business by mimitee: 6:52am On Mar 10, 2017
I think the problem is the betting company you are using . try betôja and you will see changes.

1 Like

Re: Am I The One Killing My Boss Business by RexEmmyGee: 6:52am On Mar 10, 2017
pkang:

9ja bet is the real thing. Look for another location where 9jabet is not available and start up one. If a university is kinda close, it will be great. Thank me later.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I The One Killing My Boss Business by Speedyconnect8: 6:54am On Mar 10, 2017
my guy your post is unintelligible

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Am I The One Killing My Boss Business by Nobody: 6:57am On Mar 10, 2017
pkang:
I worked with my boss for four years before parting with him. Two years later after I have left for another city, he called me and opened a plumbing shop for me to manage. Sales was too low so we converted the shop to Merrybet shop. Sales was low also because we had a surebet competitor before bet9ja came and slept my customers...

Advise needed .

What advice do you really need?
Re: Am I The One Killing My Boss Business by Sebastine1994(m): 7:06am On Mar 10, 2017
No my brother, its not your fault. The economic recession is really taking a bite on everyone. Your boss is a spineless fool who blames others for his failure. Location can be a problem. You people should leave this bet idea. The country is filled with betting booth already. These are somebody's idea already. Business is about responding to demand. Sniff out what people want and give it to them.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Am I The One Killing My Boss Business by 0rlando0woh: 7:10am On Mar 10, 2017
Merrybet is the problem.

1 Like

Re: Am I The One Killing My Boss Business by savagefinder: 7:11am On Mar 10, 2017
pkang:
I worked with my boss for four years before parting with him. Two years later after I have left for another city, he called me and opened a plumbing shop for me to manage. Sales was too low so we converted the shop to Merrybet shop. Sales was low also because we had a surebet competitor before bet9ja came and slept my customers although the Surebet is still in business.
We relocated on January to a new site with my boss paying 90% of the rent. On our new location, we hardly play 1000 on Saturdays which is a major day where others are playing up to 100000.
I could not complete the payment to the shop because my boss has refused to pay. I have not even received salary for two months. Today the landlord rented the shop and refund me the money for seven months.
My boss is angry at me. Now I have seen a new shop although close to another bet shop but I don't know if I should go head up to rent the shop or tell my boss before doing so.
Secondly, I don't know if I am missing on managerial skills to make the business grow.
Although am an introvert but I don't see that as affecting people from coming to play.
Advise needed .
look for a very pretty girl..average would do..put her there..watch ur sales go up..thank me later..also if u want to be doing churchy just leave the business.. bring sound system..load the hottest songs you can find..look for one educated tout..bring him there..let him talk until next year with those around..u can also buy draft board and whot.. all these shouldn't cost u 20k..u will see results I promise

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Am I The One Killing My Boss Business by RexEmmyGee: 7:32am On Mar 10, 2017
Speedyconnect8:
oga and it hit fp o
Re: Am I The One Killing My Boss Business by Nobody: 7:35am On Mar 10, 2017
pkang:

An established Betnaija shop will give you a run for ur money any day, in siting a business, you should take into consideration the competition you'd face.

2 Likes

Re: Am I The One Killing My Boss Business by Opistorincos(m): 7:37am On Mar 10, 2017
savagefinder:
look for a very pretty girl..average would do..put her there..watch ur sales go up..thank me later..also if u want to be doing churchy just leave the business.. bring sound system..load the hottest songs you can find..look for one educated tout..bring him there..let him talk until next year with those around..u can also buy draft board and whot.. all these shouldn't cost u 20k..u will see results I promise

Baba u get street ot

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I The One Killing My Boss Business by eightsin(m): 7:37am On Mar 10, 2017
savagefinder:

At the bolded... Lol.
Re: Am I The One Killing My Boss Business by Iztklerh(m): 7:42am On Mar 10, 2017
savagefinder:

the best advice you can get......and also look for shops that are very close to junctions where those touts stay and the rest is the former paxkage
Re: Am I The One Killing My Boss Business by purplekayc(m): 7:48am On Mar 10, 2017
Nollynude:
Barca vs Psg = Comeback
PSG *Fly Emirate*
ARSENAL *Fly Emirate*
BENFICA *Fly Emirate*

Emirates sponsors a lot of clubs
Including
Real Madrid
Hamburg
Etc
Re: Am I The One Killing My Boss Business by Iseoluwani: 7:52am On Mar 10, 2017
Speedyconnect8:

You read my mind
Re: Am I The One Killing My Boss Business by stacyadams: 7:53am On Mar 10, 2017
if ur shop is big,,,put tv and chairs for people to argue and watrch ball...connect ujr computer to a large tv to show live score...then leave the betting company ur using..the one around my area just died a natural death
Re: Am I The One Killing My Boss Business by idu1(m): 7:56am On Mar 10, 2017
I ve notice one thing with bet shops.

They packed up after a while.

Who know the reason?
Re: Am I The One Killing My Boss Business by ipobbigot7: 7:58am On Mar 10, 2017
Op i think you need a new lease of life. Don't you see that things are not working out between you and your boss, why don't you leave him and move forward with your life before it gets worse?
Re: Am I The One Killing My Boss Business by fineboynl(m): 8:04am On Mar 10, 2017
you have only one problem. and that problem is merrybet. people who play merrybet do so online not in shops

bet9ja remains the king of shops

1 Like

Re: Am I The One Killing My Boss Business by In2systemsTech(m): 8:08am On Mar 10, 2017
Use Alexa to know the bet site with the highest traffic... Thank me later... Also relocate to the state with the highest population
Re: Am I The One Killing My Boss Business by Nollynude: 8:21am On Mar 10, 2017
purplekayc:

Emirates sponsors a lot of clubs
Including
Real Madrid
Hamburg
Etc

Are you an ass-nal fan bro grin
Re: Am I The One Killing My Boss Business by viktor88: 8:46am On Mar 10, 2017
Boss, port to bet 9ja and ur problem is solved, make sure u have virtual.

1 Like

Re: Am I The One Killing My Boss Business by sod09(m): 8:50am On Mar 10, 2017
Nollynude:
Barca vs Psg = Comeback
PSG *Fly Emirate*
ARSENAL *Fly Emirate*
BENFICA *Fly Emirate*
mumu wat is madrid wearing drown emirates??
effect of copy and paste

1 Like

Re: Am I The One Killing My Boss Business by DannyJ19(m): 9:05am On Mar 10, 2017
try bet9ja...
Re: Am I The One Killing My Boss Business by LIVEWireReport: 9:13am On Mar 10, 2017
pkang:
Advise needed .

First of all, your boss trusted you and you let him down ALTHOUGH you meant well. Even if you made millions from changing his vision for the business, do you think he would trust you next time? He'll remember you can be faster than your shadow. Robert Greene said don't outshine your master.

Secondly, it is bad advice to invest in a business whose business secrets you don't know. And that is why your boss will be more angry with you.

Now listen, your job as a manager is to MANAGE his business, not CHANGE the business towards a new vision. Before you make a fresh mistake, go back to him and give him a detailed report of all that has happened so far.

P.S: You haven't been professional at all as a manager. Take this as a learning experience and correct yourself against the future. I salute your boldness to risk what you did but you are a manager there. Only entrepreneurs can bear risk alone.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Under Pressure To Reduce My Age For Employment / Professional Exams For Microbiology / Can One Be Punished In A Work Place Without, Giving Code Of Conduct?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.