Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:15 AM

Ibadan Set To Have Master-Plan 188 Years After - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ibadan Set To Have Master-Plan 188 Years After (20249 Views)

Calabar Mega City Master Plan (AKWACROSS 2040) / BREAKING: 188 Nigeria Returnees Arrive MMIA From South Africa / Plane Carrying 188 Crashes Into Sea After Takeoff In Indonesia, No Survivor(Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibadan Set To Have Master-Plan 188 Years After by Adesiji77: 8:00am On Mar 10, 2017
IBADAN — AFTER 188 years of its existence, the ancient city of Ibadan will soon have a tangible masterplan prepared by the Governor Abiola Ajimobi-led administration. The master-plan of the 3.5million peopled-city, according to the state government, has reached 75 per cent completion. This was disclosed by the Commissioner for Environment and Water Resources in the state, Chief Isaac Ishola, at the 2016 annual luncheon entitled: ‘Restructuring Nigeria as a Nation: The Benefits and shortcomings,’ organised by the Nigerian Institution of Surveyors, Oyo State branch in Ibadan. Ibadan

Proposed Master Plan
The commissioner said that though the ancient city was founded in 1829, it could not boast of any tangible masterplan until Governor Ajimobi took the mantle of leadership. The state chairman of NIS, Ola Shiyanbola, at the luncheon also said; “The proposed master plan of Ibadan being currently worked upon is long overdue. The importance of the master plan to the physical development of Ibadan, the state capital, and the state as a whole cannot be over emphasised. “There is need to have consultants and professionals to monitor and ensure that good results are obtained. Mapping of the state will solve many problems being faced in areas of physical development. Mapped states or countries are the best governed.” He added”: “Land processing is becoming unbearable in Oyo State. The institution is appealing to the government to review downward the rates being charged for processing of certificate of occupancy, governor’s consent, submission of record copies of survey plans and building proposal approval at the state and zonal levels. With reduced rates, more land documentations will be executed.” On the newly signed Real Property Protection Law 2016 which had been passed by the House of Assembly in December last year, he advised that the government should not rest on its oars but ensure the implementation of the law. With the master-plan, it is hoped that places like Gege-Oloorun, Abebi, Inalende, Oke padre, Elekuro, Oritamerin, Popoyemoja and other slums will wear new looks. Speaking on the master-plan, some residents of the sprawling city expressed fear that many buildings and properties may be affected.

Mrs Comfort Ajala, a business woman said; “It is not a bad idea that Governor Abiola Ajimobi is bringing this. We really commend him for this bold step. But, our fear is whether the proposed master-plan will not render thousands of people homeless. For now, we don’t know how the government wants to go about it, so let us not be pre-emptive.” Tajudeen Lamidi, an auto mechanic, says caution should be taken exercised in this austere period. “Many people are suffering and it would be a double tragedy if the government implements a policy that would worsen the present economic hardship. It is a good idea, but there should be consideration for people. May God give the governor wisdom to go about it,” he said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/03/188-years-ibadan-set-master-plan/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Set To Have Master-Plan 188 Years After by shikshark: 8:01am On Mar 10, 2017
two words in this write-up that are contradictory..........ibadan and master-plan.

i got a piece of land at ilemarun area adegbayi off new ife road and when i got there two weeks ago i discovered someone is erecting a building on the only access road to the street, it was a sunday so i called the mumu agent and he said, they gave him the land because there was an issue with the one he brought initially.

so ajimobi shld just shush!!

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Set To Have Master-Plan 188 Years After by orimsamsam(m): 8:02am On Mar 10, 2017
Okay
Re: Ibadan Set To Have Master-Plan 188 Years After by Nobody: 8:03am On Mar 10, 2017
well... I am impressed! they are actually thinking right this time. However, having a plan is one thing, implementing it is another!

5 Likes

Re: Ibadan Set To Have Master-Plan 188 Years After by seunlayi(m): 8:04am On Mar 10, 2017
This is coming too late when there is no money, thing like this ought to have been done since the early 70s. They should rather look at designing a plan for an undeveloped area close to Ibadan

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Set To Have Master-Plan 188 Years After by theSpark(m): 8:10am On Mar 10, 2017
Too late. Before they can implement it the master plan will be obsolete. If I were to advise I'd say they do a development plan instead.

4 Likes

Re: Ibadan Set To Have Master-Plan 188 Years After by Kondomatic(m): 8:12am On Mar 10, 2017
coollabman:
well... I am impressed! they are actually thinking right this time. However, having a plan is one thing, implementing it is another!
A step at a time bro
Re: Ibadan Set To Have Master-Plan 188 Years After by ennysuccess(m): 8:20am On Mar 10, 2017
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Ibadan Set To Have Master-Plan 188 Years After by Daraph(m): 8:20am On Mar 10, 2017
Buhari,ki lo n shele gan gan. Common garri no de my room sad

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Set To Have Master-Plan 188 Years After by yomalex(m): 8:20am On Mar 10, 2017
I beg to disagree, Ibadan has a masterplan that's why the oyo state government can for example demolish places along the UI-Ojoo road without paying compensation

6 Likes

Re: Ibadan Set To Have Master-Plan 188 Years After by Wapmasta(m): 8:21am On Mar 10, 2017
I just want to see if I made *FP this time
Re: Ibadan Set To Have Master-Plan 188 Years After by MrGreenMavro: 8:21am On Mar 10, 2017
grin

do u mean UNIBADAN?

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Set To Have Master-Plan 188 Years After by suyamasta(m): 8:22am On Mar 10, 2017
Good stuff
Re: Ibadan Set To Have Master-Plan 188 Years After by oluwasheun94(m): 8:22am On Mar 10, 2017
na even plan sef..... mtscheeeew

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Set To Have Master-Plan 188 Years After by savagefinder: 8:22am On Mar 10, 2017
wait. na only me see that picture?

5 Likes

Re: Ibadan Set To Have Master-Plan 188 Years After by walosky(m): 8:22am On Mar 10, 2017
Brown roof Republic repping since 19BC

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibadan Set To Have Master-Plan 188 Years After by emetutu: 8:23am On Mar 10, 2017
Apc is trying generally
Re: Ibadan Set To Have Master-Plan 188 Years After by Hadecaller(f): 8:24am On Mar 10, 2017
Nice development
Re: Ibadan Set To Have Master-Plan 188 Years After by adioolayi(m): 8:24am On Mar 10, 2017
Will my ancestral family house be affected I love the way they are clustered... Don't destroy our brown roofs!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Set To Have Master-Plan 188 Years After by Dandsome: 8:25am On Mar 10, 2017
They'll now move from being the brown roof Republic to another name.

Someone should kindly suggest for me
Re: Ibadan Set To Have Master-Plan 188 Years After by Scatterscatter(m): 8:26am On Mar 10, 2017
This is long overdue.

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Set To Have Master-Plan 188 Years After by Nobody: 8:27am On Mar 10, 2017
cheesy cheesy....afta d plan shay dem go raise d trademarks of d city....#brownroof

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Set To Have Master-Plan 188 Years After by emmykk(m): 8:28am On Mar 10, 2017
This plot is for sales...late comers of ipob and afojas you can buy this lest your comment in page 2 will not see many eyeballs
Re: Ibadan Set To Have Master-Plan 188 Years After by veekid(m): 8:29am On Mar 10, 2017

see as dem cast my city
Re: Ibadan Set To Have Master-Plan 188 Years After by seguno2: 8:30am On Mar 10, 2017
Set to have?
A masterplan only?
What are we celebrating?
No wonder the useless public servant called himself constituted authority and the daughter called students mannerless for asking her father to pay the salaries owed to workers.
Re: Ibadan Set To Have Master-Plan 188 Years After by digitalbabalawo(m): 8:31am On Mar 10, 2017
Ibadan, Love that place.
Re: Ibadan Set To Have Master-Plan 188 Years After by pope1477(m): 8:33am On Mar 10, 2017
Ibadan... The city that has the highest number of rusted roof.....

4 Likes

Re: Ibadan Set To Have Master-Plan 188 Years After by sotall(m): 8:34am On Mar 10, 2017
Nice view of the city from above

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ongoing Repair Works On Anthony-Oworonshoki Road In Lagos (Photos) / Nwankwo Nicky Odira is a scammer( BRITISHNAIJA ) / Okada & Bus Drivers Collide In Anambra, 2 Die On Spot, Others Injured (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.