Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,860 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:46 AM

Silent Scandal: Another Big Nollywood Hit Premiers In Lagos - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Silent Scandal: Another Big Nollywood Hit Premiers In Lagos (10004 Views)

Chika Ike's Miss Teacher Premiers In Enugu (photos) / The Next Titan Reality Show Premiers In Nigeria / The Tenant Premiers In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Silent Scandal: Another Big Nollywood Hit Premiers In Lagos by AloyEmeka9: 1:28am On Dec 17, 2009
[size=14pt]The Next Big Nollywood Hit: Silent Scandals premieres in Lagos
[/size]

Nollywood is definitely taking steps to revitalize itself after its recent slump.

Movies such as last year’s megahit Reloaded, Stephanie Okereke’s Through The Glass, The Figurine and Guilty Pleasures have helped bring Nollywood fans back to the cinemas and video stores.

Silent Scandals is a new movie from Producer/Writer Vivian Ejike. The movie stars Genevieve Nnaji, Majid Michel, Uche Jumbo, Ebele Okaro-Onyiuke, newcomer Chelsea Ada Ezerioha and a host of other talented actors.

According to the movie synopsis, Silent Scandals tells the tale of “Jessy, a pretty, young and very successful but uptight lady struggles with life as a career woman and single mother to a wild and free-spirited teenage daughter. Just as she learns to enjoy the new but fragile peace with her daughter who finally sobers up, a dark shadow rears its ugly head, threatening to destroy everything in its path.

Jessy suddenly finds herself locked in the battle of her life… a silent battle against her daughter… for a common purpose
She must fight with everything she has and to protect, loyalties are tested and emotions are hurt, leaving everyone and everything shaken to the very root of their being and foundation.”

The movie has been getting positive reviews and recently sold-out at the Silverbird cinema in Accra when it opened last week.
Check out a few photos from the Lagos premiere which was held at the Oriental Hotel (more photos from the premiere will be added soon) as well as the trailer and movie poster.

[flash=425,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kG2rHUx7hz4&hl=en_US&fs=1&">[/flash]

http://news.onlinenigeria.com/templates/?a=11724&z=31
Re: Silent Scandal: Another Big Nollywood Hit Premiers In Lagos by puskin: 3:45am On Dec 17, 2009
mMm. . .I think Im gonna start watching Nollywood muvees again.
Re: Silent Scandal: Another Big Nollywood Hit Premiers In Lagos by AloyEmeka9: 7:56am On Dec 17, 2009
Nice move.
Re: Silent Scandal: Another Big Nollywood Hit Premiers In Lagos by nethacker(m): 11:33am On Dec 17, 2009
the picture quality alone go make me watch am, Oh jesus!!!! this genevive babe is beautiful grin grin
Re: Silent Scandal: Another Big Nollywood Hit Premiers In Lagos by Nobody: 11:58am On Dec 17, 2009
i luv genny in this pix
Re: Silent Scandal: Another Big Nollywood Hit Premiers In Lagos by sayso: 12:15pm On Dec 17, 2009
The same story line will surely surfice in this captivating movie poster,the fact remains the Actors/Actresses will never make it real cause of our culture,it will not just click but the picture quality might be in HD and that alone will help suck out those ever wanting satisfaction we want,just my thought am not hating plaese.
Re: Silent Scandal: Another Big Nollywood Hit Premiers In Lagos by tems777: 1:00pm On Dec 17, 2009
Please sign up to this website.
Kind regards,
Tope for:
NaijaSquare

1 Like

Re: Silent Scandal: Another Big Nollywood Hit Premiers In Lagos by azeeza(f): 2:26pm On Dec 17, 2009
cant wait 2 watch it 2.i hope it a block buster.genny look geogous kiss
Re: Silent Scandal: Another Big Nollywood Hit Premiers In Lagos by candylips(m): 2:27pm On Dec 17, 2009
another nollywood crap
Re: Silent Scandal: Another Big Nollywood Hit Premiers In Lagos by koolchicco: 2:52pm On Dec 17, 2009
You again?

So na hia u come dey yan opanka? tongue
Re: Silent Scandal: Another Big Nollywood Hit Premiers In Lagos by candylips(m): 2:54pm On Dec 17, 2009
are u talkin to me koolchicco if i nab you for youtube ehn grin
Re: Silent Scandal: Another Big Nollywood Hit Premiers In Lagos by THEAMAKA1: 3:08pm On Dec 17, 2009
some people are so ridiculous!!
i have to agree with paroy_frey on this one (even though i cant stand her)
why are nigerians so quick to start talking crap about their own? ehh?
you havent even seen the movie yet, and youre already badmouthing.
if it was an american movie now everyone would be highly "anticipating" the arrival of this new movie.
as soon as they see nollywood its "blah blah blah blah blah blah"
like i said times without number, nollywood is trying especially coming from a country like Nigeria.
had nollywood been from a country like the US, there would be no excuse, but they are trying.
so thats why i try and support our own film industry so it can get better, who knows where it might land in the next 10-15 years. Rome wasnt built in a day.
so lets at least try and support (or not badmouth) if youre not really a fan of nollywood.
most of the producers are using their own money to do these projects.
saw a nollywood movie in the making (some documentary) and its not as suave as it may seem.

but anyway
@ topic
CANT WAIT!!! IVE BEEN LOOKING FOR THIS MOVIE EVERYWHERE.
i didnt know that isnt wasnt out yet, i really cant wait.
Majid has been in a lot of my recently good/favorite movies in nollywood. love his acting (Guilty Pleasures, Emerald, Shakira, just to name a few).
genny girl, hahaha!! you already know. she looks pretty in that first pic cool
i will be on the prowl for this movie.
--one love.  smiley
Re: Silent Scandal: Another Big Nollywood Hit Premiers In Lagos by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:07pm On Dec 17, 2009
It is a good thing that Nollywood is finally maturing to a stellar industry. all the noise about cheap, immature scripts and poor acting is starting to die out and quality is now a trend that must be followed. i was starting to get tired of Hollywood and Bollywood movies
Re: Silent Scandal: Another Big Nollywood Hit Premiers In Lagos by Iyineda(m): 4:24pm On Dec 17, 2009
Genevieeeeveeee!!! *fanboy squeeling*
Re: Silent Scandal: Another Big Nollywood Hit Premiers In Lagos by THEAMAKA1: 4:25pm On Dec 17, 2009
Iyineda:

Genevieeeeveeee!!! *fanboy squeeling*
that was cute and funny. hahahaha cheesy
Re: Silent Scandal: Another Big Nollywood Hit Premiers In Lagos by desthan(m): 4:44pm On Dec 17, 2009
wateba
Re: Silent Scandal: Another Big Nollywood Hit Premiers In Lagos by SmashingM(f): 4:49pm On Dec 17, 2009
I'll surely watch this one.
Re: Silent Scandal: Another Big Nollywood Hit Premiers In Lagos by NSNA: 7:08pm On Dec 17, 2009
The sound is not so good, 
from the little dialogue here, the script is not well polished or bad acting,
Re: Silent Scandal: Another Big Nollywood Hit Premiers In Lagos by africhika(f): 7:47pm On Dec 17, 2009
[size=13pt]@Aloy Emeka,
how do you post youtube videos[b]?!!![/b] u always do it and i've been trying to figure it out.
help a sistah out[/size]  cool
Re: Silent Scandal: Another Big Nollywood Hit Premiers In Lagos by TmeD0(m): 9:26pm On Dec 17, 2009
@ africhika, it's pretty easy to embed your youtube, dailymotion (though i haven't tried it yet), and vimeo videos.  here's how:

1. at the site, copy the "embed" code (not the primary url code)

2. tab back to NL (almost nearly all browsers now have the tabbed browsing feature, thanks to FF) and click on the flash button (first button under the bold button

3. insert the code in between the open and closed "flash" tag and delete everything before the "http" and everything after the complete url:
[s]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="[/shttp://www.youtube.com/v/kG2rHUx7hz4&hl=en_US&fs=1&[s]"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="[/s]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kG2rHUx7hz4&hl=en_US&fs=1&[s]"type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/s]

NOTE: you can delete either one of the urls because they are both the same

4. change the video dimension from the default 200,200 to 425,344 (actual youtube video size) and your code should look like this:
[flash=425,344]http://insert the rest of the url here [/flash]

5. and voila, bob's ya uncle!   grin

[center][flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kG2rHUx7hz4&hl=en_US&fs=1&[/flash][/center]

hope this helps.  Peace!
Re: Silent Scandal: Another Big Nollywood Hit Premiers In Lagos by hauler: 10:16pm On Dec 17, 2009
THE.AMAKA:

some people are so ridiculous!!
i have to agree with paroy_frey on this one (even though i cant stand her)
why are nigerians so quick to start talking crap about their own? ehh?
you havent even seen the movie yet, and youre already badmouthing.
if it was an american movie now everyone would be highly "anticipating" the arrival of this new movie.
as soon as they see nollywood its "blah blah blah blah blah blah"
like i said times without number, nollywood is trying especially coming from a country like Nigeria.
had nollywood been from a country like the US, there would be no excuse, but they are trying.
so thats why i try and support our own film industry so it can get better, who knows where it might land in the next 10-15 years. Rome wasnt built in a day.
so lets at least try and support (or not badmouth) if youre not really a fan of nollywood.
most of the producers are using their own money to do these projects.
saw a nollywood movie in the making (some documentary) and its not as suave as it may seem.

but anyway
@ topic
CANT WAIT!!! IVE BEEN LOOKING FOR THIS MOVIE EVERYWHERE.
i didnt know that isnt wasnt out yet, i really cant wait.
Majid has been in a lot of my recently good/favorite movies in nollywood. love his acting (Guilty Pleasures, Emerald, Shakira, just to name a few).
genny girl, hahaha!! you already know. she looks pretty in that first pic cool
i will be on the prowl for this movie.
--one love.  smiley

THE FAT BLACK AMAKA belives Nollywood needs to be more like hollywood, SMH undecided Make up your damn mind !!!
Re: Silent Scandal: Another Big Nollywood Hit Premiers In Lagos by africhika(f): 10:50pm On Dec 17, 2009
@ T@meD0 cheesy
since ur deleting everything b4 and after the URL in the embed code, why not just copy the primary URL since it's the same? anyway, thanks

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXMLHdjXJwY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"[/flash]
Re: Silent Scandal: Another Big Nollywood Hit Premiers In Lagos by oYaTo(m): 11:23pm On Dec 17, 2009
Thanks T@medo. .me sef don dey find way 2 do am tay tay. . cool
Re: Silent Scandal: Another Big Nollywood Hit Premiers In Lagos by TmeD0(m): 11:24pm On Dec 17, 2009
@ africhika, nope, they're not the same! 

the embed code url is different from the primary url because it contains additional characters at the end of it.

for instance the primary url for the Silent Scandal video look like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kG2rHUx7hz4

while the embed code url look like this:
http://www.youtube.com[b]/v/[/b]kG2rHUx7hz4[b]&hl=en_US&fs=1&[/b]

note the additional characters as well as the address modification after the .com in bold   wink

if u feeling adventurous u can try to insert the primary url in the flash tag and see if it works (i doubt it)
Re: Silent Scandal: Another Big Nollywood Hit Premiers In Lagos by TmeD0(m): 11:26pm On Dec 17, 2009
oYaTo:

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfjRKkgVlZI[/flash]

oops! looks like someone followed africhika's suggestion  grin
Re: Silent Scandal: Another Big Nollywood Hit Premiers In Lagos by oYaTo(m): 11:30pm On Dec 17, 2009
^^yup, i did grin didn't work. .

you're right. .the "embed" code contains additional characters. .

fixed it tho. . cool
Re: Silent Scandal: Another Big Nollywood Hit Premiers In Lagos by TmeD0(m): 11:30pm On Dec 17, 2009
oYaTo:

Thanks T@medo. .me sef don dey find way 2 do am tay tay. . cool

no yawa! i see say u don sharp sharp fix am.  

u fit post any other site's videos as long as you make sure say u dey use the correct dimension wey the site take host the video
Peace!
Re: Silent Scandal: Another Big Nollywood Hit Premiers In Lagos by oYaTo(m): 11:34pm On Dec 17, 2009
T@meD0:

u fit post any other site's videos as long as you make sure say u dey use the correct dimension wey the site take host the video
Peace!

what if the site no get the embed code?  undecided
Re: Silent Scandal: Another Big Nollywood Hit Premiers In Lagos by TmeD0(m): 11:44pm On Dec 17, 2009
oYaTo:

what if the site no get the embed code?  undecided

most of the video hosting sites dey get am.  here's one i uploaded on dailymotion. . .

hope noone finds this offensive cause na still pics wey i put into a slideshow. . .i don't know what part of africa be dis but i hope say no be naija sha. 

enjoy (well, sort of)  grin

Updated 09.12.18:  Removed the video; and moved it to a new thread to preserve OP's topic
Re: Silent Scandal: Another Big Nollywood Hit Premiers In Lagos by skfa1: 11:48pm On Dec 17, 2009
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Silent Scandal: Another Big Nollywood Hit Premiers In Lagos by TmeD0(m): 11:48pm On Dec 17, 2009
@ OP, sorry o as we don derail ya thread

abeg, not intentional o. . .just trying to share knowledge ni  grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria's Nollywood Eclipsing Hollywood In Africa / Igbo People Are Killing Nollywood With Tribalism ––actress Halima Abubakar / Nollywood Actress Geraldine Ekeocha Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.