Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,472 members, 7,808,701 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:38 PM

"The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy (55587 Views)

Still On The Wedding Party / Revamping Nollywood: Could This Be A Sure End To Piracy In Nigeria? / Man Says Northerners Were Excluded From The Wedding Party Movie, Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by Codes151(m): 10:38pm On Mar 10, 2017
Princefrankie1:

Lol. I have the movie already in my mobile phone. It's online for over a couple of months now.
is it worth watching?? Rather not waste my time like I did with that Ay akpos shitty movie
Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by Nobody: 10:38pm On Mar 10, 2017
lol, ALMOST EVERYTHING IN NIGERIA IS PIRATED, INFACT 99% OF WINDOWS OFFICE, MICROSOFT WORD & OTHER POPULAR SOFTWARES ARE ONLY USE IN PIRATED FORM 4 NIGERIA. talkless of movies way guys just dey download & pump for external hard drive
Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by wristbangle: 10:40pm On Mar 10, 2017
Film whey e don reach my laptop. Next time put it on Netflix first after making much money at film house/cinemas before counting your eggs.
Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by kuuljay(m): 10:41pm On Mar 10, 2017
Things are not working right we all know and The same alaba and upper iweka boys who reap off this hardworking artists will come on line and shout Nigeria is a zoo
Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by Amustical(m): 10:42pm On Mar 10, 2017
Bros no say that again oooooo. The producer of hakkunde is my blood brother. He invested all his hard earn money on that movie.

SouthWestBlood:
That means Hakkunde will also be pirated. That's another great movie I'm waiting to watch.

Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by Skyken99(m): 10:44pm On Mar 10, 2017
ABUZINZU:
Govt should take down all this free download site

Even the free download is not free
Assuming the movie is 750mb.. It will cost 500NAIRA mtn subscription

1 Like

Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by Nobody: 10:46pm On Mar 10, 2017
IS IT A NOLLYWOOD MOVIE? IF YES..... THEN THERE'S NO DIFFERENCY FROM THE PLAY WE ACTED IN OUR PRIMARY 6 GRADUATION
Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by Zetra(m): 10:46pm On Mar 10, 2017
I am against Piracy but Nigeria economy will not allow it to be stopped.
Imagine someone on minimum wage (minus the unemployed) going to watch just a movie in the few cinemas.

It's not just a Nigerian problem but a worldwide issue just that Africa case is different.
Do you know that Computer Programs/ Software makers don't count Africa as a market place because they know it's bad market.
Original MS Office pro= $500, business ver = $300 plus you will be renewing it yearly. What about subscription of anti virus, Operating System (windows /Mac) nko
How many businesses even FG firms uses Original Officesuites let alone buy original Nigerian Movie.

If you are watching any season film, N200 movie, xender/flashed movies, download/torrent without pay then you are guilty "will be guilty " because you are boutique to download / share someone mp3 you didn't pay for

1 Like

Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by FTBOY: 10:46pm On Mar 10, 2017
nollywood should learn from hollywood and up their game. i only need to see a nollywood movie poster to know the whole story. it's a shame.
Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by holycuriousity(m): 10:49pm On Mar 10, 2017
.... 1k for ticket? Silver Bird Cinema sold tickets for 2k in December when we went to c the movie!
Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by frugal(m): 10:50pm On Mar 10, 2017
Cry me a fking river. Piracy is everywhere - not exclusive to Nigeria. Same peeps who download Holywood movies on torrents...
Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by Zetra(m): 10:53pm On Mar 10, 2017
Skyken99:

Even the free download is not free Assuming the movie is 750mb.. It will cost 500NAIRA mtn subscription
did you pay the site that uploaded it.. No then it's illegal. You are an accomplice.
Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by eduevolutionnow(m): 10:54pm On Mar 10, 2017
Skyken99:

Even the free download is not free
Assuming the movie is 750mb.. It will cost 500NAIRA mtn subscription
But the proceed doesn't go to the film producers, it goes straight to Mtn purse, why not just go to the cinema and watch it for that 500. Use your head
Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by Opakan2: 10:58pm On Mar 10, 2017
End Piracy now!

Those lazy flatrons at alaba and other parts should go and do labour or start farming.
It's not fair seeing one's sweat reap nothing cos of some useless people without conscience

Death to all pirates regardless of tribe. Hope PMB sees this
#Enoughisenough
Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by omenkaLives(m): 11:03pm On Mar 10, 2017
HungerBAD:
This is serious.

We know where these pirates are in Alaba. If the Government sends in the Calvary to clean them out now ,some certain people will start shouting that nobody wants their success.

But nobody is talking about those,whose sweat and livelihood is being stolen by these pirates.

I say The Government should go to Alaba in Lagos,and Upper Iweka in Onitsha to take back our movie gains from these pirates.

2 Likes

Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by SouthWestBlood(m): 11:05pm On Mar 10, 2017
Amustical:
Bros no say that again oooooo. The producer of hakkunde is my blood brother. He invested all his hard earn money on that movie.

Good that you are his brother. It'll be so painful to see the pirated copies on the street! Please strategise on how to arrest anyone found selling the CDs on the street.
Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by Princefrankie1(m): 11:05pm On Mar 10, 2017
Codes151:
is it worth watching?? Rather not waste my time like I did with that Ay akpos shitty movie

It depends on your taste. For most Nollywood lovers, the movie is dope. For me, I rate it 2 star ×× out of 5.

Overrated#

3 Likes

Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by einsteine(m): 11:09pm On Mar 10, 2017
Inasmuch as we understand that piracy is bad, the producers are being clever by half when they say they lost 200 million Naira. Firstly, they did not introduce any Dvd into circulation for people to buy. Secondly, the 200 million Naira wasn't taken out of their pockets and so can't technically be called a loss.

That said, the only way to combat piracy has always been to make the product CHEAP and WIDELY AVAILABLE.

Excessive windowing of films by letting the film be in the cinema for too long before introducing in other formats allows pirates to thrive.

An idea would be to introduce the DVD early at a price of say 200 naira and make it widely available. It is a digital product with a minimal marginal cost so the producer would still make profit at a low price. If they price their film cheap and make it widely available, Pirates would pack up.

However, if they keep doing three month long cinema only runs for their film, those who do not have access to cinema would patronize pirates.

6 Likes

Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by dragonking2: 11:14pm On Mar 10, 2017
Thank God say I downloaded it from YouTube sharp sharp. grin
Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by Nobody: 11:20pm On Mar 10, 2017
helovesme:
the movie is rubbish.
lame story line. very fake acting too undecided
Wack ending too undecided

1 Like

Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by ekanDamie: 11:31pm On Mar 10, 2017
jloga:
that movie na the bomb... boko haram dey learn
can I watch it from u Biko?

1 Like

Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by nairascores: 11:32pm On Mar 10, 2017
This is what happens when u do big owanbe wedding parties. Aso ebi for baba, mama, friends, uncles, aunties etc. Ppl must learn to cut their coat accordingly.
Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by girl4rmspace(f): 11:48pm On Mar 10, 2017
Negotiate:
kAI
kick against indiscipline
Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by girl4rmspace(f): 11:50pm On Mar 10, 2017
helovesme:
the movie is rubbish.
you are joking right?
Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by girl4rmspace(f): 11:50pm On Mar 10, 2017
helovesme:
the movie is rubbish.
you are joking right?
Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by deebsman1(m): 12:03am On Mar 11, 2017
This entertainers themselves thou! After showing a movie for like the first few weeks, roll out CDs yourselves and don't sell for exorbitant rates like 2k/CD, basic 100 naira would do, volume will do the magic in this kind of situation than allowing some people that doesn't share in the brunt of working to take unnecessary advantage.

1 Like

Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by Epatty(f): 12:26am On Mar 11, 2017
helovesme:
the movie is rubbish.
How many have you produced?

1 Like

Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by Nobody: 12:32am On Mar 11, 2017
Wow! This piracy thing is no joke shocked
Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by dotman081(m): 12:36am On Mar 11, 2017
Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by tunesoft(m): 12:45am On Mar 11, 2017
What's all this talk about piracy sef...we all know it's a problem in Nigeria.... And its yet to be solved.... The producers of the movie knew too..... So what did they think... That theres will be an exception? Or the boys will just decided to let there own slide. Abeg...am sure they did their calculations too... Make your money fast before it. Get pirated.... Which I believe they did. They should thank their stars it was pirated the Same day it premiered.... Shio......na naija we still dey.... Find solution to problems and stop complaining.
Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by Nobody: 1:01am On Mar 11, 2017
Infringement of intellectual property a.k.a piracy happens all over the world even the United States and Western Europe. So content creators in Nigeria should just shut up.
Re: "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy by Nobody: 1:23am On Mar 11, 2017
einsteine:
Inasmuch as we understand that piracy is bad, the producers are being clever by half when they say they lost 200 million Naira. Firstly, they did not introduce any Dvd into circulation for people to buy. Secondly, the 200 million Naira wasn't taken out of their pockets and so can't technically be called a loss.

That said, the only way to combat piracy has always been to make the product CHEAP and WIDELY AVAILABLE.

Excessive windowing of films by letting the film be in the cinema for too long before introducing in other formats allows pirates to thrive.

An idea would be to introduce the DVD early at a price of say 200 naira and make it widely available. It is a digital product with a minimal marginal cost so the producer would still make profit at a low price. If they price their film cheap and make it widely available, Pirates would pack up.

However, if they keep doing three month long cinema only runs for their film, those who do not have access to cinema would patronize pirates.

EXACTLY. Nigerians and other Africans who can't get to a Nigerian cinema have been crying for a streaming version for MONTHS. You hype a movie internationally for five months and then selectively make it available in one country--what the hell did they think would happen??

Paid YouTube movies is there. iROKOTv is there. Netflix is there. But the greedy bastards insisted on only showing it in Silverbird Cinemas.

Even Big Brother Naija is being streamed live on YouTube by someone in the U.K.

The distributors are the cause of this and they deserve it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

BBNaija 2019: N60 Million Grand Prize For Winner. The Breakdown / BBNaija: Kaisha Says All Relationships In The House Are Fake, Dorathy Will Win / Gulder Ultimate Search (GUS) Is Back In 2021 (Everything You Should Know)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.