Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,582 members, 7,809,112 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:34 PM

Best Nigerian Albums Of The Decade - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Best Nigerian Albums Of The Decade (10281 Views)

The 10 Best Nigerian Albums Of 2015 / Most Highly Anticipated Albums Of 2016 / Your Top 5 Nigerian Albums Of All Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Nigerian Albums Of The Decade by rapjunkie(m): 7:43am On Jan 03, 2010
Face 2 Face- Tuface Idibia

Thy Album Come - Ruggedman

These are without any doubt IMO the BEST albums outta naija in the last 10 years.
Re: Best Nigerian Albums Of The Decade by keldiddy: 7:02am On Jan 04, 2010
@ Rapjunkie,

I feel your name say a lot about you. U r classing ruggedy's "Album come" among the best this last decade. A junk album getting rated by a rapjunkie!
Re: Best Nigerian Albums Of The Decade by Genuflect(m): 7:24am On Jan 04, 2010
Dude, be objective for once. Thy Album Come was a hell of an album. Afro Hip Hop at its best
Re: Best Nigerian Albums Of The Decade by keldiddy: 7:38am On Jan 04, 2010
@Genuflect,

How do you mean by being objective. I can't be hommie, i mean to be optional, i would rather sound theoretical.
Re: Best Nigerian Albums Of The Decade by Genuflect(m): 7:50am On Jan 04, 2010
*sighs*
Re: Best Nigerian Albums Of The Decade by urfriend(m): 9:55am On Jan 04, 2010
Nigerian Music & Wanton Lyrics

A legionnaire never forgets the songs he sang when searing bullets and a homebound hope was all that existed. Songs written by music craftsmen who believed the words on a song should inspire, educate and also entertain. For us, could be the spreading lump in our educational system is contagious, enough to make the intellectual bones of the music industry slumber on pedestrian and wanton lyrics.

‘You write a hit the same way you write a flop.’ U.S. lyricist Alan Jay Lerner’s attribution emphatically strikes a note; songs that have skimmed the rims of years are cut with great lyrics. The lyrics of John Newton’s hymns and those of Fela Kuti may be ages apart, but share a unique factor – lyrics that have shaped the state-of-mind of generations. How then can it be that in Nigeria’s 21st century only few (very few) music artistes enjoy international reviews on content? A time machine malfunction will be a ridiculously good excuse to make after a sad account of lyrical junks that is noted on Nigeria’s musical worksheet. It seems most of our so-called songwriters are still clothed in animal skin, or mediocrity is paying the bills at the expense of creativity.

Trashing out the concerns of Nigeria’s music lyric meltdown is not a swing-by-the-block task, but indicators such as Professional Ineptitude, Cultural Threshold and Creative Hocus-pocus will underscore the literal extinction of good lines that makes great music.

READ MORE AT http://www.myhimagazine.com/?p=72

Re: Best Nigerian Albums Of The Decade by chic2pimp(m): 8:53pm On Mar 17, 2010
Mine Are

We Before Me - Lagbaja smiley

Body and Soul - Plantashun Boiz smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! / (DOWNLOAD MP3) Mohbad Ft. Naira Marley – Koma Jensun / Watch Official VIDEO| D’banj – Emergency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.