Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,167 members, 7,807,543 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:03 PM

Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty (26666 Views)

Hammed Ali's Handshake With A Female Customs Officer (Pictured) / Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform / Senate Summons Hammed Ali, Customs DG, To Appear In Uniform (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by AfroSamurai: 11:50am On Mar 11, 2017
Ishilove:

'Poetry' farm? undecided undecided
Goddamn I miss your doucheness Ishi. grin

1 Like

Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by Ishilove: 12:11pm On Mar 11, 2017
AfroSamurai:
Goddamn I miss your doucheness Ishi. grin
Lwkmd cheesy cheesy cheesy

Character grin
Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by ruffDiamond: 12:26pm On Mar 11, 2017
Fucck The SINate ,a den of glorified penrobbers thieves and criminalz
men without a single shred of integrity,men without honor and principle .garullous noisy useless lot lawmaker my ass more like lawbreaker and that sh#tface sarathief and his fellow bandits can t do Ali poo the dude is WORKING !that all we ask for unlike those fat fool bench warmerz engaging in childish uselesss discourse on the floor wasting tax payers 's money while busy doing nada!those goons can shove the uniform BS up their narrow ass if dem see am mitchewww NONSENSE AND INGREDIENT
Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by FactualSpeech: 12:36pm On Mar 11, 2017
Anything done in this country is always against the igbos in the words of my Igbo brothers..............nawa to u o

1 Like

Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by leanalyst: 12:38pm On Mar 11, 2017
koma1:
Abeg they should let the man be. Must he put on uniform, the question they should ask is " is he performing or not?
Peforming or not he should put on his uniform and stop this nonsense. In a sane country, will the CG of customs have the balls to say this to the Congress or Parliament? This is gross indiscipline.
Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by Taiwo20(m): 12:53pm On Mar 11, 2017
They are just trying to cover their ass. Most of the cars and suvs bought by this senators and politicians over there don't have custom papers because the vehicle through cotonou-portnovo down to Northern Nigerian.
Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by numericalguy(m): 12:56pm On Mar 11, 2017
The senate should remove that arrogant fool called Hamid Ali. The man is underperforming and to top it all has refused to dress in the appropriate atire.

If he's is too big to put on the a uniform of the federal republic of Nigeria, them he's too big for the position he currently occupies.
Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by Taiwo20(m): 12:56pm On Mar 11, 2017
leanalyst:

Peforming or not he should put on his uniform and stop this nonsense. In a sane country, will the CG of customs have the balls to say this to the Congress or Parliament? This is gross indiscipline.

Majority of the custom officers don't wear their uniform. I know a few of them that I have only seen on uniform once.
Make them free the guy
Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by agabusta: 1:05pm On Mar 11, 2017
vertueptime:
Should he fail to show up in uniform, they should by their powers, resolve to immidiately remove him from office, if he does nto abide, then they should unite with the lower chambers to freeze any allocation due to customs

The senate does not have the power to sack customs Boss.
Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by me69: 1:16pm On Mar 11, 2017
Senate can't remove anybody appointed by the President
Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by brojoshua: 1:26pm On Mar 11, 2017
The house of corruption should first remove log in their eyes before they can see well to the speck in the eyes of another person.
Let them first remove the corrupt ones among them including their leaders.
Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by AfroSamurai: 1:48pm On Mar 11, 2017
Ishilove:

Lwkmd cheesy cheesy cheesy

Character grin
Na you sabi. tongue
Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by linusbnn(m): 1:51pm On Mar 11, 2017
koma1:
Abeg they should let the man be. Must he put on uniform, the question they should ask is " is he performing or not?

Let me ask you,is he performing? Mumu.
Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by Nobody: 2:17pm On Mar 11, 2017
`
Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 2:33pm On Mar 11, 2017
Blue3k:
I would mind them removing the insolent man. He knew full well job required wearing uniform and accepted post. Now he wants to bring up millitary tradition. I doubt the have will to remove him over this issue.

Btw everyone this isn't just about uniform. Read the article

How's market grin you celebrate old headline now look. I told you what he's doing is illegal. Laws trump exuactive orders. Go take a college level government instead of talking out of your neck.

Oga sorry nothing you or those useless senator can do about this, He was appointed by the President and only the President can sack him..

That useless Dino Melaye knows more of his fleets of cars are without duty..

This must come to stay..
Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 2:45pm On Mar 11, 2017
Blue3k:

Cut funding. Impeachment not likely. Anyway if there's no legal base for car how's court going to enforce rule? They are going to be acting outside of law.

Cut funding like it's the senate that release the fund in the first place hahaha joke on the senators..
Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by Blue3k(m): 2:49pm On Mar 11, 2017
ISTANDWITHBUHAR:

Cut funding like it's the senate that release the fund in the first place hahaha joke on the senators..

Lol I'm just going to watch this drama play out. See if the senate selling wolf tickets or they really going follow through. I heard buhari is charging his debit card for another trip to London.
Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 3:06pm On Mar 11, 2017
Blue3k:

Lol I'm just going to watch this drama play out. See if the senate selling wolf tickets or they really going follow through. I heard buhari is charging his debit card for another trip to London.

What happen to the SGF, EFCC boss, CCB Chairman, AGF etc.. All the senate can do is bark and continue barking..
Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by Blue3k(m): 3:08pm On Mar 11, 2017
ISTANDWITHBUHAR:

What happen to the SGF, EFCC boss, CCB Chairman, AGF etc.. All the senate can do is bark and continue barking..

They need majority support. If they don't have numbers it won't happen. It's the same reason exuactive orders are hardly overturned by legislature.
Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 3:29pm On Mar 11, 2017
Blue3k:

They need majority support. If they don't have numbers it won't happen. It's the same reason exuactive orders are hardly overturned by legislature.

Exactly, So many senators are loyal to Buhari and it's only the aggrieved once that are wailing and ranting... What can Dino do? he is only trying to protect his fleet of cars with no duties hahha..
Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by Blue3k(m): 3:37pm On Mar 11, 2017
ISTANDWITHBUHAR:

Exactly, So many senators are loyal to Buhari and it's only the aggrieved once that are wailing and ranting... What can Dino do? he is only trying to protect his fleet of cars with no duties hahha..

They already changed law so the exuactive order is out window. The NCS has no legal backing.

1 Like

Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by Dedetwo(m): 3:38pm On Mar 11, 2017
The dumbass's appointment to the position of DG of Customs is abuse of office of the presidency.
Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by armadeo(m): 4:11pm On Mar 11, 2017
Customs want to then to police to be asking for custom duty paper on the streets on naija.

Imbeciles.

How did the cars get inside naija in the first place.

For those of you shouting that th he senators don't want to pay custom duties for thier exotic vehicles have shown your buffoonery in the public space. Those guys can afford anything they want to. Their cars are bought brand new from the major dealers who comply with duties.

It's us who but tokunbo cars that would suffer. Do you think the customs guy would harass dino on the road or you.

This children of these days.

1 Like

Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 4:13pm On Mar 11, 2017
Blue3k:

They already changed law so the exuactive order is out window. The NCS has no legal backing.

LOL don't underestimate the power of presidency and a retire soldier for that matter, OBJ comes to mind..
Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by dustydee: 5:14pm On Mar 11, 2017
SBG04:

Please quote the section of the Act that grants them the power to Mount road blocks in the street and check import duty documents. The National assembly, the custodians of our constitution, cannot be wrong when they say its illegal. Except you're privy to a hidden section of the act that grant them that authority. Please share if you're indeed privy.
As soon as you quote the act that says the Police should intercept robbers after they have left the scene of the crime.
Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by Xano(m): 7:26pm On Mar 11, 2017
The Senate need to come hard on this man. He is President Buhari's stooge. He talks as he likes, same with SGF. They don't care. To them, Nigerians must obey and shut up. Senate needs to affirm their power and authority on him.

The vehicle is of 2016 rebate of 60% is interesting, because the cost would be huge if you people don't know. Some their vehicle papers including Customs documents are complete, but I heard there additional dues which was not there before, now included to get more revenue(money), which may never get to FG.
Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by NemzySeries(m): 9:22pm On Mar 11, 2017
saintmark88:

All you are saying is rubbish, the senators can only wail and rant, that's all they can do, dey dnt have d powers to sack him....... Weda legal backing or shit backing the order still stands......lemme ask u, if d customs still go ahead with d order, what will d senators do??
if senate fit remove president who kon b hameed, d post hiz holding requires a uniform & Rwnk so y is he not wearing it? do u write examz in sch without identification card?...... i sha blame it all on buhari
Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by NemzySeries(m): 9:26pm On Mar 11, 2017
ISTANDWITHBUHAR:

funny guy..... bliv it or not ordinary civilian dey drive car 10yrs no paper, no license or duty & nofin dey happen talkmore of Dino.... oga dunt equate Dino to ur landlord oooo
Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by OJU1(m): 9:51pm On Mar 11, 2017
D NCS should be reasonable and considerate. Where were they when dis vehicles were brought into d country? Another way to estort money from motorist and leach hardship on citizens that are struggling to survive. Dis got to stop.
Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by femiranking28(m): 10:00pm On Mar 11, 2017
koma1:
must a copper put on the uniform
Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by Mobsync(m): 10:12pm On Mar 11, 2017
slimfit1:

No the issue is he has respect for those that have gone through the custom training he should not wear it because he didn't go through there system. We have military taking orders from President should the President wear military uniform too no.

The president can and does wear the uniform of any of the three branches of the armed forces with the rank of a Field Marshal, Admiral of the Fleet or Marshall of the Air Force, depending on the service that owns the uniform.

The so called Ali should not even head the customs in the first place since he is not a customs officer.

But now that he's there, he should respect the rules of the service and wear the DAMN.ED uniform. If he cannot, he should quickly find his way back to his village.
Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by ifdaeg(m): 10:27pm On Mar 11, 2017
Let me rush and pay my duty before them impound my pickup jeep

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ademola Adeleke: I Will Be Osun State Governor By Next Friday / Soldier Killed By Boko Haram In Bosso Town Of Niger/Nigerian Border Buried(pics) / Buhari To Grant Presidential Pardon To Ambrose Alli

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.