Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,398 members, 7,808,430 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:50 AM

3,000-year-old Statue Of Pharaoh Ramses II Found Buried In Cairo Slum(Photos). - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 3,000-year-old Statue Of Pharaoh Ramses II Found Buried In Cairo Slum(Photos). (61727 Views)

George Floyd Buried In Houston (Photos) / Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Statue: India To Unveil World’s Tallest Statue / Russia Unveils A Statue In Honour Of Kalashnikov, AK-47 Inventor (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3,000-year-old Statue Of Pharaoh Ramses II Found Buried In Cairo Slum(Photos). by AngelicBeing: 11:52am On Mar 11, 2017
Almighty God is greater than the greatest, to him belong all knowledge, mysteries & wisdom, everything we see in creation is pointing to the truth that behind creation is a wonderful, perfectly & extremely creative mind, many believe in HIM while many others says he does not exist but he allows the sun / rain to shine on the good & the bad until the day of accountability cool

5 Likes

Re: 3,000-year-old Statue Of Pharaoh Ramses II Found Buried In Cairo Slum(Photos). by SuperBlack: 11:52am On Mar 11, 2017
Cutehector:
Abeg what is the name of the Pharaoh that dealt with the Israelites ? grin
He will found in 4000 years time
Re: 3,000-year-old Statue Of Pharaoh Ramses II Found Buried In Cairo Slum(Photos). by amazon14: 11:53am On Mar 11, 2017
Cutehector:
Abeg what is the name of the Pharaoh that dealt with the Israelites ? grin

Or may be the one that God sunk under the mod below Red Sea
Re: 3,000-year-old Statue Of Pharaoh Ramses II Found Buried In Cairo Slum(Photos). by bignero: 11:53am On Mar 11, 2017
Explorers:

I learnt Israelites spent about 400yrs of slavery in Egypt.

During this period, lots of Pharaohs have ruled.

But according to ask&quora, i learnt moses approached Pharaoh Thutmose III 'let my people go'.

i doubt that

i believe it was during ramseys reign....
Re: 3,000-year-old Statue Of Pharaoh Ramses II Found Buried In Cairo Slum(Photos). by Cutehector(m): 11:53am On Mar 11, 2017
bignero:

i think its ramsey
even me sef... Or rahl... What of tutankhamon.. Infact I am going to Google to dig up names
Re: 3,000-year-old Statue Of Pharaoh Ramses II Found Buried In Cairo Slum(Photos). by Beremx(f): 11:54am On Mar 11, 2017
Okuda:
If na nigeria now them for don kill the statue start to dey chop am cheesy
grin grin
Re: 3,000-year-old Statue Of Pharaoh Ramses II Found Buried In Cairo Slum(Photos). by Cutehector(m): 11:55am On Mar 11, 2017
MichaelSokoto:

Pharaoh Buhari da 1st grin grin
hahahhahahha grin I dey tell u . Buhari just resemble pharaoh.. He no wan let the people of Biafra to go . sotey he capture the leader... Kanu grin .. God don send am first plague, sickness, he no gree listen..

3 Likes

Re: 3,000-year-old Statue Of Pharaoh Ramses II Found Buried In Cairo Slum(Photos). by nepapole(m): 12:11pm On Mar 11, 2017
bignero:

i think its ramsey
I think its giroud.
Re: 3,000-year-old Statue Of Pharaoh Ramses II Found Buried In Cairo Slum(Photos). by davidif: 12:12pm On Mar 11, 2017
Cutehector:
mehn... How possible it is that they know the name? Because we are talking tens and tens of thousands of years ago...

Written records I guess. Some ancient civilizations had written records.
Re: 3,000-year-old Statue Of Pharaoh Ramses II Found Buried In Cairo Slum(Photos). by uzoexcel(m): 12:13pm On Mar 11, 2017
Good one explorer
Re: 3,000-year-old Statue Of Pharaoh Ramses II Found Buried In Cairo Slum(Photos). by Nobody: 12:15pm On Mar 11, 2017
Oh God please..I have always been fascinated with Egyptian and Grecian myths and culture..Make my dreams of wanting to visit these places come true...
Re: 3,000-year-old Statue Of Pharaoh Ramses II Found Buried In Cairo Slum(Photos). by Ishilove: 12:18pm On Mar 11, 2017
Okuda:
Lol. Funny but true
Re: 3,000-year-old Statue Of Pharaoh Ramses II Found Buried In Cairo Slum(Photos). by theSpark(m): 12:20pm On Mar 11, 2017
Cutehector:
see how u dey yarn as if say its not that long ago... How many years did Methuselah live first.. Den start counting.. The time of the kings.. Years of exile in Babylon... Oga I go open Bible for u ooo

Lol

Cutehector:
I just want u to understand that the pharaoh am talking about is a lot older than the pharaoh whose idol was found in the op's pic.. Please try to understand.

Lol at Idol..
I get you now, in that case I'll just say such history was passed orally until it could be written.
Re: 3,000-year-old Statue Of Pharaoh Ramses II Found Buried In Cairo Slum(Photos). by Tjohnnay: 12:21pm On Mar 11, 2017
Okuda:
Chop am ke? Abi dm go don sell am gv white ppl
Re: 3,000-year-old Statue Of Pharaoh Ramses II Found Buried In Cairo Slum(Photos). by freshkik(m): 12:22pm On Mar 11, 2017
Okuda:

Lol..like " how my brother and his friends butchered Pharaoh's status like grasscutter and use it to prepare peppersoup and yam" cheesy cheesy
Re: 3,000-year-old Statue Of Pharaoh Ramses II Found Buried In Cairo Slum(Photos). by humberjade: 12:24pm On Mar 11, 2017
Okuda:

grin grin

Guy, u no well...What are taking Nigerians 4 now; Gluttons or hungry pple?
Re: 3,000-year-old Statue Of Pharaoh Ramses II Found Buried In Cairo Slum(Photos). by Arielle: 12:24pm On Mar 11, 2017
SuperBlack:
Tell me about it

My goodness!!!!!
Re: 3,000-year-old Statue Of Pharaoh Ramses II Found Buried In Cairo Slum(Photos). by ClintonDal(m): 12:29pm On Mar 11, 2017
This is how they come and loot our history and treasure with the guise of curating or analyzing it. Go to the Uk and see a lot of african treasures lying around in their museums. Criminals
Re: 3,000-year-old Statue Of Pharaoh Ramses II Found Buried In Cairo Slum(Photos). by seyila2(m): 12:31pm On Mar 11, 2017
ALKAHU AKBAR
Re: 3,000-year-old Statue Of Pharaoh Ramses II Found Buried In Cairo Slum(Photos). by seyila2(m): 12:32pm On Mar 11, 2017
ALLAHU AKBAR
Re: 3,000-year-old Statue Of Pharaoh Ramses II Found Buried In Cairo Slum(Photos). by Nobody: 12:40pm On Mar 11, 2017
Boleyndynasty2:
Go to Benin you'll see statutes lipsrsealed
how old are those ones
Re: 3,000-year-old Statue Of Pharaoh Ramses II Found Buried In Cairo Slum(Photos). by musicwriter(m): 12:40pm On Mar 11, 2017
Explorers:
It was pulled from the mud and groundwater by a bulldozer.

Once the statue has been analysed, it will be moved to the entrance of the Grand Egyptian Museum, which is expected to open in 2018.

There are probably much more artifacts buried underground in ancient Kmt region, especially Egypt. In 1798, when the French army led by Napoleon Bonaparte, captured Egypt they went on a mass campaign of destroying statues in public places, cause they were envious a black civilization could be capable of such magnificent designs. They stole as many artifacts as they could and the heavy ones they buried or threw into the sea.

2 Likes

Re: 3,000-year-old Statue Of Pharaoh Ramses II Found Buried In Cairo Slum(Photos). by Nobody: 12:41pm On Mar 11, 2017
bignero:

i doubt that
i believe it was during ramseys reign....
The same problem Plaugues Arsenal till this day lipsrsealed
Re: 3,000-year-old Statue Of Pharaoh Ramses II Found Buried In Cairo Slum(Photos). by campusflavour: 12:43pm On Mar 11, 2017
Pharaoh has a cone head(like afonjas) he didn't let the children of Isreal( biafrans) go, history!! Are you trying to repeat ur self in Nigeria again?

1 Like

Re: 3,000-year-old Statue Of Pharaoh Ramses II Found Buried In Cairo Slum(Photos). by emvico(m): 12:53pm On Mar 11, 2017
Explorers:
Researchers found the bust of the statue and the lower part of the head (pictured) yesterday.

It is believed to be of Ramses the Great, the most powerful and celebrated ruler of ancient Egypt, who ruled from 1279 to 1213 BCE.

Egyptian minister of antiquities Khaled el-Anani poses for picture with workers next to the head of a statue with a team of German-Egyptian archeologists in Cairo's Mattarya district.
1279 to 1213 una go kill person one day.
Re: 3,000-year-old Statue Of Pharaoh Ramses II Found Buried In Cairo Slum(Photos). by Chukazu: 12:54pm On Mar 11, 2017
a future proof in the authenticity of the Bible
Re: 3,000-year-old Statue Of Pharaoh Ramses II Found Buried In Cairo Slum(Photos). by Abagworo(m): 12:55pm On Mar 11, 2017
I'm still very much interested in the shape of the nose. Most of these antiques have their nose chopped off for unknown reason.
Re: 3,000-year-old Statue Of Pharaoh Ramses II Found Buried In Cairo Slum(Photos). by tosinjay(m): 12:57pm On Mar 11, 2017
SalC:
People were existing on earth before Jesus Christ, all those years as far as recorded before Christ are termed BC or BCE, and all the years after his existence are termed AD or ACE.
So we are in 2017AD or ACE.

So probably that statue existed some 1000 years before Christ's existence.
Isn't AD indicating years after the death of Christ
Re: 3,000-year-old Statue Of Pharaoh Ramses II Found Buried In Cairo Slum(Photos). by Nobody: 12:58pm On Mar 11, 2017
Na dis king wey no let isrealites go....Em and water na freinds for sure
Re: 3,000-year-old Statue Of Pharaoh Ramses II Found Buried In Cairo Slum(Photos). by Chukazu: 1:00pm On Mar 11, 2017
Arabs reaping where they didn't sow. these were handiwork of black nation, but Arabs conquered and laid claim
Re: 3,000-year-old Statue Of Pharaoh Ramses II Found Buried In Cairo Slum(Photos). by goldfish80(m): 1:05pm On Mar 11, 2017
This is interesting.
Ramses II was arguably the greatest black Pharaoh in history and probably one of the most influential rulers the planet has ever known. His military success was legendary. It was believed his death emboldened Moses to come back and fight for the Israelites freedom.
Ironically, it was Ramses II who married the Ethiopian goddess, Queen Nefiteri,who historians believed crowned herself Pharaoh at a point.
Egyptian mythology and history is really interesting to study.

1 Like

Re: 3,000-year-old Statue Of Pharaoh Ramses II Found Buried In Cairo Slum(Photos). by SalC: 1:06pm On Mar 11, 2017
tosinjay:

Isn't AD indicating years after the death of Christ
From his birth supposedly. He died in 33AD as assumed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Russia Positions Missiles, Heavy Military Equipment On Finland Border (Pics) / Wikileaks: Boko Haram Is A CIA Covert Operation / Woman Follows Trump's Motorcade On Bicycle And Gives Him The Middle Finger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.