Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,848 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:05 AM

Diary Of A Frustrated Graduate 1 By Heromaniaa - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Diary Of A Frustrated Graduate 1 By Heromaniaa (1017 Views)

A Walk With The Devil (Vol. 1) By Devilpen / Short Story Of A Frustrated UNIOSUN Undergraduate / Knowing Alpha (An Alpha And Beta Duology, Book 1) by D. L. Biranen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Diary Of A Frustrated Graduate 1 By Heromaniaa by Heromaniaa: 11:29am On Mar 11, 2017
DIARY OF A FRUSTRATED GRADUATE 1 and 2
FIRST SIGNS OF MADNESS

My name is Psalm. Yes, awkward right? But that’s the name my mamma called me when I was born. My Dad had wanted to call me Job, but my mamma would not have it.

“Have you seen any man called Job that wasn’t a carpenter or a bricklayer” she had fired at my dad. “All the people wey dey answer Job na so so suffer suffer!” Mamma certainly hadn’t heard of Steve Jobs (well, after he moved out of the garage). Plus my oldman had suffered much, having lived from hand to mouth since he lost his job thirty years ago, yet his name wasn’t Job. So there was more to suffering than being called an ordinary name.

“Let’s call him David” my mamma had suggested. “It is simple and short. And remember he killed Goliath.”

“David? The man who stole another man’s wife? I can’t call my son David. All the people wey dey answer David too like woman!”

Mamma had thought of it and the lives of a few people bearing David in my neighbourhood had been enough to convince her. In fact two days before I was named, two married men had fought over a woman on the street, and they were both called David.

After much dilly dallying, they called me Psalm. Popsy wasn’t so excited about the name; David and Psalm were like Bobrisky and bleaching - One and the same. But in the end he accepted it. So that was how I got my name, one would think after all the hair-splitting deliberations that gave birth to my name, my name would at least bring me luck. Far from it. I don suffer pass nyash. Yes. I have been peed on, shit on, sat on and what not…

Yesterday was the day kasala burst for my head. I was on my way to an interview. Since 5 years wey I graduate, bros, I never see real job. But that yesterday, something told me that was the end of my job search. My girlfriend had linked me to a friend that had friend who was the GM in a manufacturing company. When I contacted the so called GM, he picked the phone and answered me like a vampire had given him a Mouth Gig.

“Who be rat? He spat out.

“It’s me Psalm. A friend of Sarah, who is a friend to Akpan, your good friend. He said you are the GM of Green food Industries.”

I could hear him chuckling on the other end.

“Werin you wan make I ju for you?” he replied. I was already getting pissed.

“I want to submit my CV to your company. I was told you could help me get a job”

“Bring am tomorrow, I go help you give the GM”

“Are you not the GM?

“Bro e be like say you never ready. I be the Gateman, your friend no tell your friend to tell your friend to tell you?

My jaw dropped. But I had no choice; I tidied my white shirt and dusted my CV. I must get that job the next day...

As early as 8 AM the next day, I set out. My gf had made a delicious afang soup the other night. I quickly heated four wraps of fufu, devoured it and left feeling like a bouncer. It had rained the other night and the bad roads were still muddy. I did my best to avoid reckless drivers from splashing dirty water on me. My best, as usual, was not enough.

A man in a black prado Jeep zoomed past, emptying a pot hole of muddy water on me. I did what any other frustrated man would do.

I boarded a bike and chased after him. Who knows, he could settle me with something tangible. The okadaman was a skillful rider but the prado guy had no chill. After five minutes, I spotted his car parked right in front of my babe’s apartment. Fear catch me like politician wey receive alert from Dasuki. I paid off the bike man and cautiously peeped into my girlfriend’s one room apartment. What I saw shocked me.

Prado guy sat on the edge of the bed grinning like a child who has just got a new toy. My gf was wearing only the white lacy pant I had bought her at Oshodi. She started to twerk like a pole dancer. Then she drew closer to him and began to give him a lap dance.

I couldn’t take it anymore.

She had never given me a lap dance before.

I barged into the room like a herd of buffaloes. Perhaps, I had eaten too much fufu than I should. My blood was hot like ofada stew. I probably should have asked the man who he was or what was going on but at that time I wasn’t thinking. I would’ve given the wrong answer had you asked what my name was.

To cut it short, I grabbed a thick high heeled leather shoe and hit him as many times as I could. I have used that shoe to split coconut before so I knew its potential. My girlfriend jumped and grabbed me from behind, while I tried to wriggle out, Prado guy jumped off like a deer and scurried away. The next I heard was the voooooooom of his car and he was gone.

“You shouldn’t have done that” my girlfriend whispered. “I have something to tell you.”

“Whatever you have to tell me, can wait. I have an interview this morning and I must grab the job”.

“Don’t go, you won’t get the job” she replied.

But I was already on the street. I must get the job.

I got to the office some minutes before nine. A doll faced secretary asked what I had come to do and I told her I had come to take my job. She understood my desperation and checked my name in the appointment book.

“You don’t have an appointment. You have to book an appointment to see the HR.” She replied innocently.

“I have an appointment today. Please could you check one last time?”

While she bent down to crosscheck I tiptoed away and located the interview room. I knocked and entered. It was then I realized why my girlfriend had said I wouldn’t get the job. There were three interviewers sitting across the table in the massive office; two fierce looking ladies and one man with plasters on his face – you guessed right! The Prado guy!

I walked in and sat calmly. Prado guy recognized me. I could see the shock on his face. He stood up instantly like a wasp stung him, grabbed a flower vase close by and shattered it on my head. My vision faded and I blanked out.

When I woke up, my girlfriend and biggie were sitting close to me.
I was lying on my girlfriend’s bed, the same bed where Prado guy had sat. I shuddered.

“Did I get the job?” I asked, unsure of what was happening around me.

My girlfriend replied, “I told you, you won’t get the job.”

It doesn't end here. Click to read the next frustrating episode that drew me closer to my current state of madness. It is titled "scammed." comment below and tell me what you think. Read more http://9jachannel..com.ng/2017/03/diary-of-frustrated-graduate-3.html

Abeg who get rotten bread make him give me make I chop.

cc: lalasticlala ishilove humbledbygrace

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of A Frustrated Graduate 1 By Heromaniaa by Heromaniaa: 11:30am On Mar 11, 2017

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Frustrated Graduate 1 By Heromaniaa by Babacele: 12:30pm On Mar 11, 2017
amicable09 I need you here ,pls.

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Frustrated Graduate 1 By Heromaniaa by Heromaniaa: 12:36pm On Mar 11, 2017
(Ensure you read part 1 before reading this)
I paid off the bike man and cautiously peeped into my girlfriend’s one room apartment. What I saw shocked me.

Prado guy sat on the edge of the bed grinning like a child who has just got a new toy. My gf was wearing only the white lacy pant I had bought her at Oshodi. She started to twerk like a pole dancer. Then she drew closer to him and began to give him a lap dance.
I couldn’t take it anymore.

She had never given me a lap dance before.

I barged into the room like a herd of buffaloes. Perhaps, I had eaten too much fufu than I should. My blood was hot like ofada stew. I probably should have asked the man who he was or what was going on but at that time I wasn’t thinking. I would’ve given the wrong answer had you asked what my name was.

To cut it short, I grabbed a thick high heeled leather shoe and hit him as many times as I could. I have used that shoe to split coconut before so I knew its potential. My girlfriend jumped and grabbed me from behind, while I tried to wriggle out, Prado guy jumped off like a deer and scurried away. The next I heard was the voooooooom of his car and he was gone.

“You shouldn’t have done that” my girlfriend whispered. “I have something to tell you.”

“Whatever you have to tell me, can wait. I have an interview this morning and I must grab the job”.

“Don’t go, you won’t get the job” she replied.

But I was already on the street. I must get the job.

I got to the office some minutes before nine. A doll faced secretary asked what I had come to do and I told her I had come to take my job. She understood my desperation and checked my name in the appointment book.

“You don’t have an appointment. You have to book an appointment to see the HR.” She replied innocently.

“I have an appointment today. Please could you check one last time?”

While she bent down to crosscheck I tiptoed away and located the interview room. I knocked and entered. It was then I realized why my girlfriend had said I wouldn’t get the job. There were three interviewers sitting across the table in the massive office; two fierce looking ladies and one man with plasters on his face – you guessed right! The Prado guy!

I walked in and sat calmly. Prado guy recognized me. I could see the shock on his face. He stood up instantly like a wasp stung him, grabbed a flower vase close by and shattered it on my head. My vision faded and I blanked out.

When I woke up, my girlfriend and biggie were sitting close to me.
I was lying on my girlfriend’s bed, the same bed where Prado guy had sat. I shuddered.

“Did I get the job?” I asked, unsure of what was happening around me.

My girlfriend replied, “I told you, you won’t get the job.”

It doesn't end here. check back for the next frustrating episode that drew me closer to my current state of madness. It is titled "scammed." comment below and tell me what you think.

Abeg who get rotten bread make him give me make I chop, life don tire me.

READ MORE http://9jachannel..com.ng/

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Frustrated Graduate 1 By Heromaniaa by Heromaniaa: 12:39pm On Mar 11, 2017
cc: lalasticlala ishilove humbledbygrace
Re: Diary Of A Frustrated Graduate 1 By Heromaniaa by amicable09(f): 6:21am On Mar 12, 2017
Babacele:
amicable09 I need you here ,pls.
Lol. Good morning Babacele cheesy
This one is fiction abi? I'll follow and read later.
Happy Sunday

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of A Frustrated Graduate 1 By Heromaniaa by Babacele: 6:04pm On Mar 12, 2017
amicable09:

Lol. Good morning Babacele cheesy

This one is fiction abi?
I'll follow and read later.

Happy Sunday
same to you ma. it sounds fictional but you never can tell what real life experiences can be hidden under the mask of fiction. Events don overtake our project ...lols. I heared your Period holiday policy is already being adopted somewhere....if I remember the name I ll tell you. What do you think about the numbers of hours mothers spend away from home and how it affects grooming and the society? Was gisting with an old man and he said the more mothers stay away from home their natural office, the more society would build prisons and rehab centres....so if person wife na banker nko with a bigger salary needed by the family and the husband na factory worker earning small money?
Re: Diary Of A Frustrated Graduate 1 By Heromaniaa by amicable09(f): 7:41pm On Mar 12, 2017
Babacele:
same to you ma. it sounds fictional but you never can tell what real life experiences can be hidden under the mask of fiction.
You're right. Fiction writing more often than not are real life happenings, twisted in a way as to shade the identity of the individuals in the story.

Events don overtake our project ...lols. I heared your Period holiday policy is already being adopted somewhere....if I remember the name I ll tell you.
Wow! Lovely!!!
I hope it's in Nigeria or closer to Nigeria. Such good news! I'm happy to hear cheesy.

Please remember and tell me.

What do you think about the numbers of hours mothers spend away from home and how it affects grooming and the society? Was gisting with an old man and he said the more mothers stay away from home their natural office, the more society would build prisons and rehab centres....so if person wife na banker nko with a bigger salary needed by the family and the husband na factory worker earning small money?
I hate to admit that the old man spoke wisely. But balance is key. And when it comes to raising children, it isn't tied to a single parent only - the mum. Growing up, I had my dad around more than my mum. If a female banker marries a businessman who runs his own enterprise, then I think to a large extent, they are headed in the right direction if they understand their collective responsibility well enough.

A banker can marry a lecturer (I pray for this earnestly cheesy ). In this case too, you see balance especially in time management. Let me state clearly also that there are teachers married to stay at home mums who do not give attention to their children. They are many! Very many. So I think it's a personal thing and has very little to do with one's profession. I can give examples, real life instances, but I'll stop here.

Men who are fathers should be present also, physically and emotionally in the upbringing of their children. My dad attended all my PTA meetings in Primary and Secondary school. He did my laundry until I finished SSCE. It's no biggie. When I call him my model grin, I make no mistakes. And there are still such men today. Though sadly, very few.
Re: Diary Of A Frustrated Graduate 1 By Heromaniaa by Babacele: 10:41pm On Mar 12, 2017
amicable09:

You're right. Fiction writing more often than not are real life happenings, twisted in a way as to shade the identity of the individuals in the story.

Wow! Lovely!!!
I hope it's in Nigeria or closer to Nigeria. Such good news! I'm happy to hear cheesy.

Please remember and tell me.

I hate to admit that the old man spoke wisely. But balance is key. And when it comes to raising children, it isn't tied to a single parent only - the mum. Growing up, I had my dad around more than my mum. If a female banker marries a businessman who runs his own enterprise, then I think to a large extent, they are headed in the right direction if they understand their collective responsibility well enough.

A banker can marry a lecturer (I pray for this earnestly cheesy ). In this case too, you see balance especially in time management. Let me state clearly also that there are teachers married to stay at home mums who do not give attention to their children. They are many! Very many. So I think it's a personal thing and has very little to do with one's profession. I can give examples, real life instances, but I'll stop here.

Men who are fathers should be present also, physically and emotionally in the upbringing of their children. My dad attended all my PTA meetings in Primary and Secondary school. He did my laundry until I finished SSCE. It's no biggie. When I call him my model grin, I make no mistakes. And there are still such men today. Though sadly, very few.
gbam! Amicable you hit the nail on the head pretty well. The law of balance is a natural law that must be obeyed if we want to have a happy life. The Creator knows why he wants 2 adults to be responsible for nurturing a child but circumstances like death, divorce etc created by man or fate often bring about certain changes that affect the original plan. Where the two parents are around , it is pertinent thay they [b]understand their collective responsibility well enough[b]such that a young person gets quality attention from one or both parents.

Yea, I agree that planning by the parents is key here. Spousal roles ain't cast in stones but can be adapted to fit in into realities in different homes. Bad mothers make bad sons, don't you think?

Oh your dad should be proud that you are proud of him! God bless him. We still have the tribe of your dad! I have seen many in my generation who really behave like the " wife" while at the same time at leading their homes. May we all find joy,cooperation and love with the true love of God in our mates. amen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Diary Of A Frustrated Graduate 1 By Heromaniaa by samwise180(m): 4:54pm On Mar 13, 2017
Mr Heromaniaa help us with the update. i checked your blog,there was no story or anything related to it.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Must Catch Up In Modern Journalism / I Am Bobolaiyefa! / Very Painful, Indeed Painful

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.