Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,843 members, 7,802,695 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:10 PM

"Statue Of Jesus In Anambra Drops Water Miraculously"(Photos Shared On Facebook) - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Statue Of Jesus In Anambra Drops Water Miraculously"(Photos Shared On Facebook) (63992 Views)

Abule Egba Explosion: RCCG Fellowship House Miraculously Didn't Burn (Video) / Michael Job: The 'Jesus' In Kenya Is An Evangelist (Photos) / Masquerade Uses Statue Of Jesus Christ For His Performance. See Reactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Statue Of Jesus In Anambra Drops Water Miraculously"(Photos Shared On Facebook) by Imaoima: 1:53pm On Mar 12, 2017
I pity those who boldly condemn other faiths and doctories. If u so much study d scripture & u sti do nt understand dt Image of Jesus is nt jst a statue den u need pray to God for devine enlightenment abt wat worshipping of craving images means. May God av mercy on those who dnt know wat Catholics do wt images.

1 Like

Re: "Statue Of Jesus In Anambra Drops Water Miraculously"(Photos Shared On Facebook) by Lsofdk(m): 1:55pm On Mar 12, 2017
Bumbae1:
Its a statue !!!!
This is a big sin .. and its simple science! Catholics always try find ways to keep deceiving their followers
More offerings ba
grin it is well
Though i like catholic church small only because they finish quick in my area

Nigerian stop acting like cavemen and fix up ! Water no commot out for d one in jerusalem na dat heat for nigeria cause am .. always looks for supernatural meaning when its not supernatural
So when mysteries happen in churches it's taken to be simple science… i bet you've not had a chance to witness some traditional festivities where 'complex' science is exploited. That said, not everything is science, there are things science can't explain.

To the topic, I'm not moved by those and never dismiss it as being staged to attract donations.
@emboldened always angry undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Statue Of Jesus In Anambra Drops Water Miraculously"(Photos Shared On Facebook) by Anythingelse: 1:58pm On Mar 12, 2017
kiddoiLL:
So na Jesus be that?? Idol worship.

4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any LIKENESS of any thing that is in HEAVEN ABOVE, or that is in the EARTH BENEATH, or that is in the water under the earth.

Yet these people form visual gods and revere it. Na God go deliver una

Christianity is like MMM, big scam

2 Likes

Re: "Statue Of Jesus In Anambra Drops Water Miraculously"(Photos Shared On Facebook) by mexxmoney: 1:58pm On Mar 12, 2017
Brainwashed and empty headed people. They don't even read their bibles and that is why they get carried away by stupid things like this
Re: "Statue Of Jesus In Anambra Drops Water Miraculously"(Photos Shared On Facebook) by nurusystem(m): 2:03pm On Mar 12, 2017
Noisence of highest order ,tar Ummurim the guy that tore bible must here this concotion.
Re: "Statue Of Jesus In Anambra Drops Water Miraculously"(Photos Shared On Facebook) by terrezo2002(m): 2:07pm On Mar 12, 2017
The time is coming and now is when the true worshippers will worship God in spirit and in truth.
Disregard that water from that statue. The bible says whosoever believes in Jesus, out of him shall flow the river of life. This is the true miraculous water who is the Holy Spirit
Re: "Statue Of Jesus In Anambra Drops Water Miraculously"(Photos Shared On Facebook) by Werehkpe: 2:11pm On Mar 12, 2017
kiddoiLL:

4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any LIKENESS of any thing that is in HEAVEN ABOVE, or that is in the EARTH BENEATH, or that is in the water under the earth.

I am sure u have a picture of your father, mother, spouse etc with you somewhere. Will u say u worship these because u have such a representation of them with you?

Idols and pictures are simply representations of people you love and miss and want around u all the time. the fact that u have these things does not mean u worship them.

Worshipping something or an idol is when you place that idol above God Himself. This means, if you place money above God, then you are worshipping money. If you place your house above God, then you are guilty of worshipping that house.

There is no catholic that places any statue above God rather we use them for worshipping God which God Himself recommended in the Bible. I will leave you with this Quote

[b]Anti-Catholic writer Loraine Boettner, in his book Roman Catholicism, makes the blanket statement, "God has forbidden the use of images in worship" (281). Yet if people were to "search the scriptures" (cf. John 5:39), they would find the opposite is true. God forbade the worship of statues, but he did not forbid the religious use of statues. Instead, he actually commanded their use in religious contexts!

People who oppose religious statuary forget about the many passages where the Lord commands the making of statues. For example: "And you shall make two cherubim of gold [i.e., two gold statues of angels]; of hammered work shall you make them, on the two ends of the mercy seat. Make one cherub on the one end, and one cherub on the other end; of one piece of the mercy seat shall you make the cherubim on its two ends. The cherubim shall spread out their wings above, overshadowing the mercy seat with their wings, their faces one to another; toward the mercy seat shall the faces of the cherubim be"
(Ex. 25:18–20). [/b]
SOURCE: https://www.catholic.com/tract/do-catholics-worship-statues

LETS THINK ABOUT THE FOLLOWING
1. The Ark of the Covenant. Was it not a representation of God that ensured Jah was with any tribe that possessed it? Was this not responsible for the fall of Babylon?

2. Why do evils spirits, demons etc quiver at symbols or representation of God? You should watch exorcisms and you will understand what I am saying

1 Like

Re: "Statue Of Jesus In Anambra Drops Water Miraculously"(Photos Shared On Facebook) by Werehkpe: 2:11pm On Mar 12, 2017
Kondomatic:
Catholics and Idolatry

kiddoiLL:

I am sure u have a picture of your father, mother, spouse etc with you somewhere. Will u say u worship these because u have such a representation of them with you?

Idols and pictures are simply representations of people you love and miss and want around u all the time. the fact that u have these things does not mean u worship them.

Worshipping something or an idol is when you place that idol above God Himself. This means, if you place money above God, then you are worshipping money. If you place your house above God, then you are guilty of worshipping that house.

There is no catholic that places any statue above God rather we use them for worshipping God which God Himself recommended in the Bible. I will leave you with this Quote

[b]Anti-Catholic writer Loraine Boettner, in his book Roman Catholicism, makes the blanket statement, "God has forbidden the use of images in worship" (281). Yet if people were to "search the scriptures" (cf. John 5:39), they would find the opposite is true. God forbade the worship of statues, but he did not forbid the religious use of statues. Instead, he actually commanded their use in religious contexts!

People who oppose religious statuary forget about the many passages where the Lord commands the making of statues. For example: "And you shall make two cherubim of gold [i.e., two gold statues of angels]; of hammered work shall you make them, on the two ends of the mercy seat. Make one cherub on the one end, and one cherub on the other end; of one piece of the mercy seat shall you make the cherubim on its two ends. The cherubim shall spread out their wings above, overshadowing the mercy seat with their wings, their faces one to another; toward the mercy seat shall the faces of the cherubim be"

1. The Ark of the Covenant. Was it not a representation of God that ensured Jah was with any tribe that possessed it? Was this not responsible for the fall of Babylon?

2. Why do evils spirits, demons etc quiver at symbols or representation of God? You should watch exorcisms and you will understand what I am saying
Re: "Statue Of Jesus In Anambra Drops Water Miraculously"(Photos Shared On Facebook) by Horus(m): 2:15pm On Mar 12, 2017
Anythingelse:

Christianity is like MMM, big scam

Worse than MMM. With MMM you can realise that you have been scammed when your account got frozen

With Christianity you don't realise that you have been scammed because your mind got frozen

1 Like

Re: "Statue Of Jesus In Anambra Drops Water Miraculously"(Photos Shared On Facebook) by smogup: 2:16pm On Mar 12, 2017
LoremIpsum:
After they told us that statues of Jesus and Mary are idols, we see their pictures and that of their wives' in their churches...
After they told us rosaries are demonic, we see them selling wristbands and hand fans which are not even meant for prayer
After they told us free holy water was not Bible-based, we see them selling water to us at expensive prices (I better not mention 'anointing' oils)...
After they discouraged us from going for confession, they turn to take it and rename it 'counselling' wher people at times are charged
They demonized the use of incense, discouraged praying as Christ taught, discouraged kneeling to pray, discouraged our use of clerical titles and vestments but we see now that they wear our bishops' vestments and wield their crosiers but as usual, give them different names.
What about Good Friday, Holy Saturday and Easter Sunday. They always follow our leads.
Be proud of your Catholic faith and dont allow yourself to be deceived. And pray for the so called new Churches and pastors that they may know and appreciate the truth.

Protestants and confusion...

you have said it all bro. Even the temples in the Bible there were statues of Angels and other illustrations in it. These people don't read their bible. I don't have time to reply them, I just move on.
Re: "Statue Of Jesus In Anambra Drops Water Miraculously"(Photos Shared On Facebook) by od501: 2:17pm On Mar 12, 2017
Dts jst d main reason we can Neva move forward in ds country. religion!
Re: "Statue Of Jesus In Anambra Drops Water Miraculously"(Photos Shared On Facebook) by BattleofBritain: 2:21pm On Mar 12, 2017
dragonking2:
grin grin grin grin

From the comments in the image the OP posted, the gullibility of Catholic igbos in the east is high. I am a Christian but can't believe this crap.

Bigot.
Re: "Statue Of Jesus In Anambra Drops Water Miraculously"(Photos Shared On Facebook) by adellam16(f): 2:24pm On Mar 12, 2017
LoremIpsum:
After they told us that statues of Jesus and Mary are idols, we see their pictures and that of their wives' in their churches...
After they told us rosaries are demonic, we see them selling wristbands and hand fans which are not even meant for prayer
After they told us free holy water was not Bible-based, we see them selling water to us at expensive prices (I better not mention 'anointing' oils)...
After they discouraged us from going for confession, they turn to take it and rename it 'counselling' wher people at times are charged
They demonized the use of incense, discouraged praying as Christ taught, discouraged kneeling to pray, discouraged our use of clerical titles and vestments but we see now that they wear our bishops' vestments and wield their crosiers but as usual, give them different names.
What about Good Friday, Holy Saturday and Easter Sunday. They always follow our leads.
Be proud of your Catholic faith and dont allow yourself to be deceived. And pray for the so called new Churches and pastors that they may know and appreciate the truth.

my dear u get sense die abeg. Pot calling kettle black. U dey mind dem?
Re: "Statue Of Jesus In Anambra Drops Water Miraculously"(Photos Shared On Facebook) by prophetfire: 2:30pm On Mar 12, 2017
xstry:
Statue worshippers lipsrsealed
gullibility at its peak. Soon they ll begin pilgrimage to the place. Catholics n idol worship.
Re: "Statue Of Jesus In Anambra Drops Water Miraculously"(Photos Shared On Facebook) by prophetfire: 2:31pm On Mar 12, 2017
od501:
Dts jst d main reason we can Neva move forward in ds country. religion!
gbam!
Re: "Statue Of Jesus In Anambra Drops Water Miraculously"(Photos Shared On Facebook) by Eaugusta(f): 2:35pm On Mar 12, 2017
justman911:
I used to be a serious critique of the Catholic church and its statues stuff but I came across a priest on TV who defined worship to idols. He simply said if one should boldly walk up to a traditionalist's shrine and pick up an idol he will not get away with the calamity and troubles that may follow. However, if you walk into a cathedral and pick up a statue, you will see another one there the very next day. So there's really no reverence attached to those statues although many Catholics overdo the statue thing without really knowing the motive behind it.
The only sensible post I have seen on this thread, iam a Catholic not because I was born into it but I carried out my research, went to Ohum monastery and pray for nothing but the truth about the church, and also did person prayers where I got a clear answer in the dream. I hardly comment on thread like this but was moved by ur post. I only pray that God should help us all to understand this better. I seriously concur with the bold lines

2 Likes

Re: "Statue Of Jesus In Anambra Drops Water Miraculously"(Photos Shared On Facebook) by kiddoiLL(m): 2:36pm On Mar 12, 2017
Werehkpe:

So u do all these just to satisfy ur knowledge..did God ask u pple to carve images of him or Christ? u seen Christ before?
Re: "Statue Of Jesus In Anambra Drops Water Miraculously"(Photos Shared On Facebook) by prophetfire: 2:37pm On Mar 12, 2017
LoremIpsum:

protestants may be realy confused on their own but that does not justify idol worship. Two wrongs dnt make a right.
Re: "Statue Of Jesus In Anambra Drops Water Miraculously"(Photos Shared On Facebook) by Nobody: 2:40pm On Mar 12, 2017
Lsofdk:
So when mysteries happen in churches it's taken to be simple science… i bet you've not had a chance to witness some traditional festivities where 'complex' science is exploited. That said, not everything is science, there are things science can't explain.

To the topic, I'm not moved by those and never dismiss it as being staged to attract donations.
@emboldened always angry undecided
Gave my opinion
U entitled to yours smiley

1 Like

Re: "Statue Of Jesus In Anambra Drops Water Miraculously"(Photos Shared On Facebook) by sabi99(m): 2:41pm On Mar 12, 2017
kiddoiLL:
Call God n ask him..cus i dnt knw what u want to hear again aftr admitting u knw God gave him d revelation..u think Solomon added his own soft touch to it?
lols; funny guy.
Re: "Statue Of Jesus In Anambra Drops Water Miraculously"(Photos Shared On Facebook) by yankeypha: 2:48pm On Mar 12, 2017
Pentecostal churches has kill the faith of Christianity, you will see their pastors face in there sign bored smiling like a He goat, with there wife open her hair, collecting money from poor people in the name of paying tight, a miracle of God that teaches us he still with us that you can't believe, you have pictures of your pastors in your church, let the drop of water come from it, when Jesus heal the blind men where are you? When he arose from death where are you, do you ask him how he did it, hypocrisy people, you will see them worshipping there pastor as God, that why there useless pastors are forking there wives in the name of deliverance,
Re: "Statue Of Jesus In Anambra Drops Water Miraculously"(Photos Shared On Facebook) by Ubenedictus(m): 2:54pm On Mar 12, 2017
oluwasheun94:
can i ask you one question? is purgatory a biblical principle? hv a nice sunday!!!!
Ofcuz
Re: "Statue Of Jesus In Anambra Drops Water Miraculously"(Photos Shared On Facebook) by Ubenedictus(m): 2:57pm On Mar 12, 2017
Tabh:
Nonsense, it could have dripped blood.
Status have dripped blood before...you can search the net, i am sure that even if it drips blood u still wont believe, i hope u arent a scoffer
Re: "Statue Of Jesus In Anambra Drops Water Miraculously"(Photos Shared On Facebook) by loopman: 2:59pm On Mar 12, 2017
Reading those Umu-Igbo comments on the FB page, you will understand why there is so much ignorance in that part of Nigeria.
Re: "Statue Of Jesus In Anambra Drops Water Miraculously"(Photos Shared On Facebook) by loopman: 3:00pm On Mar 12, 2017
Ubenedictus:
Status have dripped blood before...you can search the net, i am sure that even if it drips blood u still wont believe, i hope u arent a scoffer

This one must be ibo.
Bad English plus ignorance
Re: "Statue Of Jesus In Anambra Drops Water Miraculously"(Photos Shared On Facebook) by Ubenedictus(m): 3:01pm On Mar 12, 2017
kiddoiLL:
So u do all these just to satisfy ur knowledge..did God ask u pple to carve images of him or Christ? u seen Christ before?
If he did wil u believe it?
Re: "Statue Of Jesus In Anambra Drops Water Miraculously"(Photos Shared On Facebook) by loopman: 3:05pm On Mar 12, 2017
Horus:

Worse than MMM. With MMM you can realise that you have been scammed when your account got frozen

With Christianity you don't realise that you have been scammed because your mind got frozen

A big fraud

1 Like

Re: "Statue Of Jesus In Anambra Drops Water Miraculously"(Photos Shared On Facebook) by kiddoiLL(m): 3:09pm On Mar 12, 2017
Ubenedictus:
If he did wil u believe it?
Humour me
Re: "Statue Of Jesus In Anambra Drops Water Miraculously"(Photos Shared On Facebook) by kiddoiLL(m): 3:12pm On Mar 12, 2017
loopman:

This one must be ibo. Bad English plus ignorance
Lmao
Re: "Statue Of Jesus In Anambra Drops Water Miraculously"(Photos Shared On Facebook) by Nobody: 3:12pm On Mar 12, 2017
Ubenedictus:
Believe what? Keep decieving yourselves.
Re: "Statue Of Jesus In Anambra Drops Water Miraculously"(Photos Shared On Facebook) by Yarduni: 3:19pm On Mar 12, 2017
See stupidity
Re: "Statue Of Jesus In Anambra Drops Water Miraculously"(Photos Shared On Facebook) by Lsofdk(m): 3:32pm On Mar 12, 2017
Bumbae1:

Gave my opinion
U entitled to yours smiley
haoba cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. / To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. / A Pastor, 14 Others Accepted Islam In OFFA, Kwara State(acadip)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.