Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,798 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:40 AM

Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. (12499 Views)

Who Wrote The Quran? / 'Be Like the People Of Aboo Bakr And Umar' / Secrets Of Quran 18,Surah Al-Kahf (The Cave) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by tintingz(m): 3:17pm On Mar 19, 2017
sino:

I already pointed it out to you that Ali (RA) was consulted, he approved of the actions of his predecessors, and if that isn't enough as proof, then the fact that Ali (RA) was also a Caliph and didn't have any contrary opinion or remarks proves that he is in total agreement with their actions of compilation and standardization of the Qur'an. Some evidences for you:

‘Ali –may Allah be pleased with him- said:

“I see that we bring people to a single Mushaf so that there is neither division nor discord”. And we said, “An excellent proposal.” (Ibn Abi Dawud’s Kitab al-Masahif, Hadith 62. Classified as Sahih by Ibn Hajr in Fath al-Bari)

With regards to Uthman’s endeavors to make all people follow one manuscript ‘Ali –may Allah be pleased with him- said: “By Allah, if I were in charge of the affairs, I would have done what has been done.” (Kitabul Masahif, Hadith 62. Classified as Sahih by Dr. Wa’iz)

Source

Now, if anyone be him a Shi'a or whatever, make a claim, the above makes it irrelevant!

Tafseer'e Ayyashi, volume 2 page 66/67; Al Ikhtesas, page 186.

When Hazrat Ali (a.s.) sent the message that,

"I have taken a promise that I will not step out of my house, except for Salat : till the time I collect the Quran"
the people remained silent for a few days.

When Hazrat Ali (a.s.) completed the Quran on cloth and put his (a.s.) seal on it, he brought it to the congregation of people in the Masjid of the Holy Prophet (s.a.w.a.). He (a.s.) announced to them in a loud voice,

"0 people! Since the demise of the Holy Prophet (s.a.w.a.) till this day, I was busy in his shrouding and burial and in collecting the Quran. The Quran, which I have compiled, is in this cloth. There is no verse revealed by Allah to His Prophet (s.a.w.a.), except that I have collected it. There is no verse, which the Holy Prophet (s.a. w.a.) taught me its meaning or its interpretation, but it is in this Quran. I have completed this so that tomorrow you do not get an opportunity to say that we were unaware of it. On the day of Qiyamat, you should not get an opportunity to claim that I did not call you for my help, or remind you of the fulfillment of my rights over you, and that, I did not invite you to the first and the last from the Book of Allah. "

Umar rejected this by saying,

"The Quran, which is with us, is better that what you are inviting us towards."

As far as Ali is involved in my thread, everything is relevant.

Mus’ab bin Sa’d reported: ‘Uthman delievered a sermon to the people and said: Your prophet did (just) fifteen years ago and you differ regarding Qur’an. Bring to me anything you have from the Qur’an that he heard from the Messenger of Allah –may Allah bless him. Then it started that a man would come to him with writing on pieces of board and shoulder-blades and parchments. So whoever came to him with something, he asked: “Did you hear this from the Messenger of Allah –may Allah bless him?” Then he asked, “Who is best in language among the people?” They said, “Sa’id bin al-‘As.” Then he asked, “Who is the best in writing among the people?” They said, “Zaid bin Thabit.” He said. “Then let Zaid write and Sa’id dictate.” And then he got the Musahif written and sent to various cities. And I did not see anyone objecting to it. (Kitabul Masahif, Hadith 67. Classified as Sahih by Dr. Muhibuddin Wa’iz)

The above narration shows that Uthman (RA) did consider everyone's writing of the Qur'an, it should be noted that Zaid bin Thabit(RA) was also one of the Prophet's (SAW) scribes and he had this to say:

Zaid bin Thabit -may Allah be pleased with him- who was in charge of both the endeavors testified that after making independent Mushaf during the time of ‘Uthman he compared it with what was prepared during Abu Bakr’s time and found them exactly similar. He said:

“I compared the Mushaf with those manuscripts; they did not differ in anything.” (Mushkil al-Athar, Hadith 2645)

When this was achieved, then other parchments and fragments of the Qur'an written by individuals became redundant, hence the burning.
I'm still not understanding, where are the original seven style revealed to the Prophet(SA)?

Is it the original Quran from the Prophet(SA) or the ones Abu Bakr compiled? Infact some hadith said goat ate some portion of the Quran.

Reported 'Aisha (RA): ‘the verse of stoning and of suckling an adult ten times was revealed, and they were (written) on a paper and kept under my pillow. When the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) expired and we were occupied by his death, a goat entered and ate away the paper.’ (Sunan Ibn Majah, Hadith 1944)

^^Can someone tell me this is not true?

You do not publish a book when you are still writing, therefore, during the course of revelation, the Qur'an can only be written and not compiled together.

"The last verse that was revealed before the death of Prophet Muhammad (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) was {And be afraid of the Day when you shall be brought back to Allâh. …} [2: 281].
This issue is proved from Ibn Abu Hatim 's narration that reads: "The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) lived only for nine nights after revelation of these (above-mentioned) verses, and he died on Monday, the 2nd night of Rabi'" .
Allah knows best."
Source
This does not hold water, the Quran can be compiled as the Prophet(SA) was recieving revelation to save this hullabaloo that caused divisions today.

"Islam is a religion of common sense and appropriate reasoning guided by revealed knowledge"
ditto
This common sense is limited.

Like they say : Common sense is not common .

The Qur'an, the same revealed to the Prophet (SAW) as acknowledged by all the companions, including the trusted scribe of the Prophet (SAW).
undecided
Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by tintingz(m): 3:27pm On Mar 19, 2017
Empiree:
Quran is not subject to revision, hence the reason Muslims stood up to it. Where is it today being used as REVISED QURAN of Muslims?. None. Then you can not it is another version of Quran because Muslim authority reject it and even banned in India contrary to other versions of the Bible which are granted legitimacy.
A version is a version, you have claimed the bible has versions( the version that real Christians rejected.)

Amazon is there, if you wanna get a copy of Al furqan. smiley
Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by tintingz(m): 3:28pm On Mar 19, 2017
Standardcosting:

If you create this thread for Allah's sake may he reward you, if otherwise may he guide you to the right path
Amen, Thank you.
Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by Empiree: 3:44pm On Mar 19, 2017
tintingz:
A version is a version, you have claimed the bible has versions( the version that real Christians rejected.)

Amazon is there, if you wanna get a copy of Al furqan. smiley
you don't get it do you. All their versions have several things in common which is human being God, son of God, trinity but then with other different nonsense where they differ. Quran however is completely different. Muslims believe in whole of it as Divine revelation. Furqan book is direct opposite and is rejected by all Muslims. So that can not be version. Besides this is not the first time. They have printed a fake yoruba Quran in desperate attempt to get Muslims to convert.

In their 'Koran' there is a city named 'iyana paja' in it which the pastor brought to debate Muslim. It was printed in 1984 and was banned by Nigeria and Muslim authority in the country. So Allah has protected Quran from corruption.

The "true Christians" as you called them might reject only gay references but not the book itself. But muslims reject any nonsense books once it message is the opposite. There was another one long before Furqan printed by Boura. That was decimated as well. We don't hear anything about it anymore
Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by Empiree: 5:13pm On Mar 19, 2017
Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by tintingz(m): 7:31pm On Mar 19, 2017
Empiree:
you don't get it do you. All their versions have several things in common which is human being God, son of God, trinity but then with other different nonsense where they differ. Quran however is completely different. Muslims believe in whole of it as Divine revelation. Furqan book is direct opposite and is rejected by all Muslims. So that can not be version. Besides this is not the first time. They have printed a fake yoruba Quran in desperate attempt to get Muslims to convert.

In their 'Koran' there is a city named 'iyana paja' in it which the pastor brought to debate Muslim. It was printed in 1984 and was banned by Nigeria and Muslim authority in the country. So Allah has protected Quran from corruption.

The "true Christians" as you called them might reject only gay references but not the book itself. But muslims reject any nonsense books once it message is the opposite. There was another one long before Furqan printed by Boura. That was decimated as well. We don't hear anything about it anymore
You're confusing yourself.

- First you pointed out some contradictions in the bible that they are versions, I pointed out same contradiction in Quran and you quickly said it is a context thing that I should read scholars explanatory.

- You also pointed out ridiculous things about God in the bible, I pointed out same ridiculous things from the Quran, you again said they are metaphors.

- You said the Quran cannot be rewrite, I showed you it can be rewrite like every other books.

- You said there are bible versions that there is gay bible that support homosexuality, I showed you Quran version(Al furqan) that support non-muslims.

- You said Quran text cannot be changed, I said the original bible in it original language cannot be changed, you ask if the original bible still exist I told you to go to the Jewish land to confirm. In fact Constantine and Uthman share some things in common. They both rewrite the scriptures and burn scriptures.

- We have the Ahmadiyyas, their interpretation of Quran support their beliefs, we have Shias their interpretation of Quran support their beliefs and many other sects.

You said I should know the meaning of VERSION yet you're confusing yourself. Have you read the Al-furqan to know it content? The only two version of bible I know is the Roman catholic bible and Protestant bible that has chains with the ancient text any other bible are different interpretations. People interpret bible to fit their ways and you should know that today Christians are not strict like Muslims when it comes to scriptures, apostate and blasphemy.

So oga Empiree, what exactly does the word "version" means?
Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by Empiree: 8:04pm On Mar 19, 2017
tintingz:

So oga Em.piree, what exactly does the word "version" means?
How many Arabic Quran versions revealed to Nabi Muhammad(SAW) do we have?. You said ONE. So do we have other versions of Quran?

If you have "Revised Version" Of Quran kindly bring it forward

VERSION

Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by tintingz(m): 8:09pm On Mar 19, 2017
Empiree:
Listen to this evangelist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHLMchuc08w
Lol, brother Empiree ooo why you dey dull me. grin

Let me point out things from the video.

- Do you expect me to just believe in the drama in the video, that this evangelist was not paid to fake-act in public?

- The evangelist is not even exposed to Islamic/muslim world, he thinks Christians only have sect(denominations) and Muslims does not have? He doesn't know there are sect like Sufi, salafi, wahabi, Ahmadiyya, shia etc and this sects are not in unity.

- He's confusing translation with interpretation, he doesn't know that the Quran also has different translation and interpretations, there are interpretations that support each sect.

If I'm opportune to be at that event, I will climb that stage and tell things about Islam and Muslim world, many people in that event are not even exposed including that sheikh.
Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by Demmzy15(m): 8:29pm On Mar 19, 2017
This tintingz guy is something else and shouldn't be taken seriously, I can't believe he quoted from Tafsir Al Ayyashi to support a spurious claim. This is a book that claims Umm Mo'mineen Aisha and Hafsah were responsible for the death of the Prophet.

Very pathetic!

3 Likes

Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by tintingz(m): 8:34pm On Mar 19, 2017
Empiree:
How many Arabic Quran versions revealed to Nabi Muhammad(SAW) do we have?. You said ONE. So do we have other versions of Quran?

If you have "Revised Version" Of Quran kindly bring it forward

VERSION
Actually we have seven versions revealed to Prophet Muhammad (SA), Uthman burnt six.

Muslims today are reading Uthmantic copy of Quran.

So from the definition of "Version" you screenshot, what do you understand by it?
Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by tintingz(m): 8:39pm On Mar 19, 2017
Demmzy15:
This tintingz guy is something else and shouldn't be taken seriously, I can't believe he quoted from Tafsir Al Ayyashi to support a spurious claim. This is a book that claims Umm Mo'mineen Aisha and Hafsah were responsible for the death of the Prophet.

Very pathetic!
Everything concerning Ali in my thread is relevant, so kindly swerve.
Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by Empiree: 8:41pm On Mar 19, 2017
tintingz:
Actually we have seven versions revealed to Prophet Muhammad (SA), Uthman burnt six.

Muslims today are reading Uthmantic copy of Quran.

So from the definition of "Version" you screenshot, what do you understand by it?

There is no need to for me go back and forth on this. This is not version of dialect. He simply standardized the compilation of Quran. Even other 6 you talked about are still the same content but different dialect. I won't go over this again bcus my screenshot few days ago clarify
Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by Demmzy15(m): 8:45pm On Mar 19, 2017
tintingz:
Everything concerning Ali in my thread is relevant, so kindly swerve.
Come carry me commot na! angry undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by sino(m): 4:54pm On Mar 20, 2017
tintingz:

Tafseer'e Ayyashi, volume 2 page 66/67; Al Ikhtesas, page 186.

When Hazrat Ali (a.s.) sent the message that,

"I have taken a promise that I will not step out of my house, except for Salat : till the time I collect the Quran"
the people remained silent for a few days.

When Hazrat Ali (a.s.) completed the Quran on cloth and put his (a.s.) seal on it, he brought it to the congregation of people in the Masjid of the Holy Prophet (s.a.w.a.). He (a.s.) announced to them in a loud voice,

"0 people! Since the demise of the Holy Prophet (s.a.w.a.) till this day, I was busy in his shrouding and burial and in collecting the Quran. The Quran, which I have compiled, is in this cloth. There is no verse revealed by Allah to His Prophet (s.a.w.a.), except that I have collected it. There is no verse, which the Holy Prophet (s.a. w.a.) taught me its meaning or its interpretation, but it is in this Quran. I have completed this so that tomorrow you do not get an opportunity to say that we were unaware of it. On the day of Qiyamat, you should not get an opportunity to claim that I did not call you for my help, or remind you of the fulfillment of my rights over you, and that, I did not invite you to the first and the last from the Book of Allah. "

Umar rejected this by saying,

"The Quran, which is with us, is better that what you are inviting us towards."

As far as Ali is involved in my thread, everything is relevant.
I would give you the benefit of the doubt, since you are not a Shi'a. But note, the above narration and the book it is gotten from are not reliable. And this is also acknowledged by the Shi'a themselves.

Since you are more inclined to common sense, we shall put that to task.

Firstly, we do not have a copy of this Qur'an compiled by Ali (RA), secondly, Ali (RA) became the 4th Caliph, he didn't make reference to this Qur'an of his nor did he present it, rather he used the same Qur'an as his predecessors. Thirdly, I had presented authentic narrations in which Ali (RA) commended the work of his predecessors. Fourthly, there is no narration (Authentic) where Ali (RA) suggests a different Qur'an from what is in the hands of Muslims.

Now with all the above, what does your common sense tell you?!

Let me give you another authentic narration from Ali (RA):

Ali (RA) said;

‘Concerning Musahif (codices) the greatest reward will be for Abu Bakr. May Allah have mercy on Abu Bakr for; he is the first one to gather (the Book of Allah) between two bindings.’ (Ibn Abu Dawud’s Al-Masahif 1/16-20 Hadith 8-12)

Al-Suyuti quoted and authenticated it in Al-Ittiqan 1/144 Section 18 calling it Hasan.

tintingz:

I'm still not understanding, where are the original seven style revealed to the Prophet(SA)?

Is it the original Quran from the Prophet(SA) or the ones Abu Bakr compiled? Infact some hadith said goat ate some portion of the Quran.

Reported 'Aisha (RA): ‘the verse of stoning and of suckling an adult ten times was revealed, and they were (written) on a paper and kept under my pillow. When the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) expired and we were occupied by his death, a goat entered and ate away the paper.’ (Sunan Ibn Majah, Hadith 1944)

^^Can someone tell me this is not true?
The Qur'an was revealed to the Prophet (SAW) and was written in a specific style under the supervision of the Prophet (SAW), the Prophet (SAW) requested to learn other styles and was taught 7 by Jubril (AS). This does not suggest 7 different Qur'ans, just different ways of rendering one Qur'an. Empiree had brought some examples for you already. Abu Bakr (RA) did not formulate another different Qur'an, all what he did was gather the Qur'an between two bindings. This is simple and straight forward.

On the goat eating parts of the Qur'an, read this: http://www.letmeturnthetables.com/2010/10/myth-quran-verses-eat-goat.html

tintingz:

This does not hold water, the Quran can be compiled as the Prophet(SA) was recieving revelation to save this hullabaloo that caused divisions today.

This common sense is limited.

Like they say : Common sense is not common .

undecided
First, the divisions you see today are not as a result of the Qur'an, All Muslims believe in one single Qur'an. I would suggest you put your common sense to use, I asked if it was possible for a writer to publish what he is still writing?! You should learn more about the revelation of the Qur'an, the Qur'an was revealed in stages, spanning 23 years, there were abrogated verses, there were long chapters that were revealed bit by bit, some verses were revealed addressing specific situations Muslims found themselves in, how do you expect that while all these were going on, the Prophet (SAW) should compile the Qur'an? When it is yet to be complete?! What was most important was that the Prophet (SAW) delivered the message completely, and that he did, he supervised the proper writing and there were companions who had also memorized the whole Qur'an. The Qur'an was confirmed complete as a result of the Prophet's death, which signifies that no further revelation is coming. Thus the companions had to do the needful, making use of their God given intuition and the understanding of revealed knowledge guiding them to achieve what was necessary according to divine plan.

Being guided is not being limited. If you drive on a road without being guided, then you will get into trouble with the law!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by tintingz(m): 6:43pm On Mar 20, 2017
sino:

I would give you the benefit of the doubt, since you are not a Shi'a. But note, the above narration and the book it is gotten from are not reliable. And this is also acknowledged by the Shi'a themselves.

Since you are more inclined to common sense, we shall put that to task.

Firstly, we do not have a copy of this Qur'an compiled by Ali (RA), secondly, Ali (RA) became the 4th Caliph, he didn't make reference to this Qur'an of his nor did he present it, rather he used the same Qur'an as his predecessors. Thirdly, I had presented authentic narrations in which Ali (RA) commended the work of his predecessors. Fourthly, there is no narration (Authentic) where Ali (RA) suggests a different Qur'an from what is in the hands of Muslims.

Now with all the above, what does your common sense tell you?!

Let me give you another authentic narration from Ali (RA):

Ali (RA) said;

‘Concerning Musahif (codices) the greatest reward will be for Abu Bakr. May Allah have mercy on Abu Bakr for; he is the first one to gather (the Book of Allah) between two bindings.’ (Ibn Abu Dawud’s Al-Masahif 1/16-20 Hadith 8-12)

Al-Suyuti quoted and authenticated it in Al-Ittiqan 1/144 Section 18 calling it Hasan.
According to Shia books Ali's compilation of Quran and exegesis was rejected, Albaqir also gave his explanations.

Whether they are the same or not, the main issue is the compilation of Quran compiled by Ali was rejected.

The Qur'an was revealed to the Prophet (SAW) and was written in a specific style under the supervision of the Prophet (SAW), the Prophet (SAW) requested to learn other styles and was taught 7 by Jubril (AS). This does not suggest 7 different Qur'ans, just different ways of rendering one Qur'an. Empiree had brought some examples for you already. Abu Bakr (RA) did not formulate another different Qur'an, all what he did was gather the Qur'an between two bindings. This is simple and straight forward.
I'm tired of repeating same thing. The Prophet (SA) does not have problem with Quran style, Abu bakr didn't have problem with the styles, when it comes to Uthman he ordered Quran to be rewrite and burnt other copies. What copies? Story books?

From the hadith I presented in this thread, It shows Muslims were having various copies of Quran that differs during Uthman era.

On the goat eating parts of the Qur'an, read this: http://www.letmeturnthetables.com/2010/10/myth-quran-verses-eat-goat.html
Lol, so it is now a "myth" interesting. cheesy

First, the divisions you see today are not as a result of the Qur'an, All Muslims believe in one single Qur'an. I would suggest you put your common sense to use, I asked if it was possible for a writer to publish what he is still writing?! You should learn more about the revelation of the Qur'an, the Qur'an was revealed in stages, spanning 23 years, there were abrogated verses, there were long chapters that were revealed bit by bit, some verses were revealed addressing specific situations Muslims found themselves in, how do you expect that while all these were going on, the Prophet (SAW) should compile the Qur'an? When it is yet to be complete?! What was most important was that the Prophet (SAW) delivered the message completely, and that he did, he supervised the proper writing and there were companions who had also memorized the whole Qur'an. The Qur'an was confirmed complete as a result of the Prophet's death, which signifies that no further revelation is coming. Thus the companions had to do the needful, making use of their God given intuition and the understanding of revealed knowledge guiding them to achieve what was necessary according to divine plan.

Being guided is not being limited. If you drive on a road without being guided, then you will get into trouble with the law!
The Quran can be compiled during Muhammad (SA)'s era, even while on sick bed he ordered for pen and book but Abu bakr stopped prophet Muhammad from writing any document. This alone shows the Quran can be compiled during his time no excuse. It can be written down on a book as He was recieving the revelations not after his death.

And to the division among muslims, Quran is part of it, can Quran interpret itself? Are humans not the ones interpreting the Quran to support thier whims and desire.? The Ahmadiyyas said "Ahmad" in the Quran was referring to their master Ahmad Ghulam, Shia said some verses in the Quran was referring to Ali and many other interpretations. You can see Quran is not left out.
Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by Empiree: 7:34pm On Mar 20, 2017
tintingz:
I keeo telling you that translation(tafsir) and interpretation(tawil) are not versions of Quran. Quran is in Arabic. So Yusuf Ali, Musin Khan, Pickthall etc are translations of the meaning. For example

Yusuf Ali

In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

MUhammad Pickthall

In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.

Sahih International

In the name of Allah, the Entirely Merciful, the Especially Merciful

These translations are CHOICES used by translators. They are not versions of Quran

But original arabic Quran reads Bismillah Rahman Rahim

That arabic ^ is the same in ALL Quran worldwide. So bring me evidence otherwise if any. As for interpretation, Quran itself speaks about methodology in sura Imran. It says some verses are PLAIN and CLEAR which many of us can understand. The other verses are tobe interpreted by well grounded and firm believers. They are called "MUTASHABIAT" i:e not entirely clear. These verse need tawil (interpretation). Doesnt mean it a version of Quran.

For instance in sura 41:30, Indeed, those who have said, "Our Lord is Allah " and then remained on a right course - the angels will descend upon them, [saying], "Do not fear and do not grieve but receive good tidings of Paradise, which you were promised.

You see where it says "saying" in parenthesis?, some people understand the verse and place in bracket "at the time of death". Some say both at the time of death and in haqiqa. These are interpretations. They are not versions.

So in order to substantiate your point, you will have to bring evidence that there other versions of Arabic Quran. You can't provide "evidence" in the absence of evidence itself. Thats not acceptable. As for why Sayyidina Uthman burnt other dialects if nabi(SA) did nt have problem with it, thisis simply part of wisdom Allah bestowed on him. It is part of protecting Quran which Allah promised in sura Hijr 9. Those different dialects exist today as I pointed out to you earlier.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by tintingz(m): 7:59pm On Mar 20, 2017
Empiree:
I keeo telling you that translation(tafsir) and interpretation(tawil) are not versions of Quran. Quran is in Arabic. So Yusuf Ali, Musin Khan, Pickthall etc are translations of the meaning. For example

Yusuf Ali

In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

MUhammad Pickthall

In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.

Sahih International

In the name of Allah, the Entirely Merciful, the Especially Merciful

These translations are CHOICES used by translators. They are not versions of Quran

But original arabic Quran reads Bismillah Rahman Rahim

That arabic ^ is the same in ALL Quran worldwide. So bring me evidence otherwise if any. As for interpretation, Quran itself speaks about methodology in sura Imran. It says some verses are PLAIN and CLEAR which many of us can understand. The other verses are tobe interpreted by well grounded and firm believers. They are called "MUTASHABIAT" i:e not entirely clear. These verse need tawil (interpretation). Doesnt mean it a version of Quran.

For instance in sura 41:30, Indeed, those who have said, "Our Lord is Allah " and then remained on a right course - the angels will descend upon them, [saying], "Do not fear and do not grieve but receive good tidings of Paradise, which you were promised.

You see where it says "saying" in parenthesis?, some people understand the verse and place in bracket "at the time of death". Some say both at the time of death and in haqiqa. These are interpretations. They are not versions.

So in order to substantiate your point, you will have to bring evidence that there other versions of Arabic Quran. You can't provide "evidence" in the absence of evidence itself. Thats not acceptable. As for why Sayyidina Uthman burnt other dialects if nabi(SA) did nt have problem with it, thisis simply part of wisdom Allah bestowed on him. It is part of protecting Quran which Allah promised in sura Hijr 9. Those different dialects exist today as I pointed out to you earlier.

The Al-furqan. undecided

The burnt six Quran style. undecided
Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by Empiree: 8:22pm On Mar 20, 2017
tintingz:
The Al-furqan. undecided

Sorry, the so called "al furqan" is not Quran revealed to nabi(SAW). It is a complete different content. The evil book "the true furqan" was written in the way of the bible and it will never be acceptable by those whose heart are immersed in Iman. Imagine the book was in existence since 1999 but in 2017 it is not even recognized.

Version ko fashion ni cheesy undecided
Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by Empiree: 8:45pm On Mar 20, 2017
tintingz:

With respect to burning copies,

Imam al-Bukhari narrates in his Sahih (6:183-184) from Anas ibn Malik (RA) that Hudhayfa ibn al-Yaman came to `Uthman at the time the people of Sham were battling for the conquest of Armenia and Azerbaijan [~year 25H] with the people of Iraq. Their divergences in Qur'anic reading had alarmed Hudhayfa, so he said to `Uthman: "O Commander of the Believers! Rescue (adrik) this Umma before they differ over the Book the way the Jews and Christians differed." Whereupon `Uthman wrote to Hafsah: "Send us the folios (suhuf) so that we copy them then we shall return them to you." Hafsa then sent them to `Uthman who ordered Zayd ibn Thabit, `Abd Allah ibn al-Zubayr, Sa`id ibn al-`As, and `Abd Allah ibn al-Harith ibn Hisham who copied those folios into the volumes (masahif). `Uthman said to the group - the three Qurayshis: "If you find yourselves differing, [the three of] you and Zayd ibn Thabit in anything of the Qur'an, write it in the tongue of the Quraysh. For it was not revealed but in their tongue." They did [as instructed] and when they finished copying the folios into the volumes, `Uthman returned the folios to Hafsa, sent one mushaf to each region from those they had copied, then ordered that all other [copies] of the Qur'an in each and every folio or volume be burnt.

So clearly, their is no question of version here. You simply made up your own. It is rather dealing with dialects

1 Like

Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by tintingz(m): 9:03pm On Mar 20, 2017
Empiree:
With respect to burning copies,

Imam al-Bukhari narrates in his Sahih (6:183-184) from Anas ibn Malik (RA) that Hudhayfa ibn al-Yaman came to `Uthman at the time the people of Sham were battling for the conquest of Armenia and Azerbaijan [~year 25H] with the people of Iraq. Their divergences in Qur'anic reading had alarmed Hudhayfa, so he said to `Uthman: "O Commander of the Believers! Rescue (adrik) this Umma before they differ over the Book the way the Jews and Christians differed." Whereupon `Uthman wrote to Hafsah: "Send us the folios (suhuf) so that we copy them then we shall return them to you." Hafsa then sent them to `Uthman who ordered Zayd ibn Thabit, `Abd Allah ibn al-Zubayr, Sa`id ibn al-`As, and `Abd Allah ibn al-Harith ibn Hisham who copied those folios into the volumes (masahif). `Uthman said to the group - the three Qurayshis: "If you find yourselves differing, [the three of] you and Zayd ibn Thabit in anything of the Qur'an, write it in the tongue of the Quraysh. For it was not revealed but in their tongue." They did [as instructed] and when they finished copying the folios into the volumes, `Uthman returned the folios to Hafsa, sent one mushaf to each region from those they had copied, then ordered that all other [copies] of the Qur'an in each and every folio or volume be burnt.

So clearly, their is no question of version here. You simply made up your own. It is rather dealing with dialects

They differ in Quran reading which means, they read different types of Quran(whether dialects or version) just like the Jews and Christians, so Uthman sent for Quran with Hafsah(which ever version it was), appointed some folks to rewrite the Quran and burn other copies(am yet to know what this copies are).
Simple, shikena!
Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by tintingz(m): 9:12pm On Mar 20, 2017
Empiree:
Sorry, the so called "al furqan" is not Quran revealed to nabi(SAW). It is a complete different content. The evil book "the true furqan" was written in the way of the bible and it will never be acceptable by those whose heart are immersed in Iman. Imagine the book was in existence since 1999 but in 2017 it is not even recognized.

Version ko fashion ni cheesy undecided
Was gay bible revealed to the Jewish prophets? undecided
Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by Empiree: 9:29pm On Mar 20, 2017
tintingz:
They differ in Quran reading which means, they read different types of Quran(whether dialects or version) just like the Jews and Christians,
That's clearly you view not the view of ENTIRE muslims.

so Uthman sent for Quran with Hafsah(which ever version it was), appointed some folks to rewrite the Quran and burn other copies(am yet to know what this copies are).
YOu keep saying "version". It is OBVIOUS you appear to have your ulterior motives. What is being discussed here is "Mushaf"

What is Mushaf?.

The Islamic term al-Qur'ān means 'the Recitation', denoting its content. When referring to the physical bound volume, some use the term mushaf. ... The literal meaning of mus'haf is "The manuscript bound between two boards".

Again, no question of "version" here. Thse different "mushaf" exist today but Quran is standardized with one whihc is Qurayshi.

Quran's challenge stands, produce those "other versions" of Quran and let's see.
Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by Empiree: 9:32pm On Mar 20, 2017
tintingz:
Was gay bible revealed to the Jewish prophets? undecided
You should rather ask which of the Bible today was revealed to Jesus and i will gladly tell you none of them was.
Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by tintingz(m): 10:22pm On Mar 20, 2017
Empiree:
You should rather ask which of the Bible today was revealed to Jesus and i will gladly tell you none of them was.

The gospel was revealed to Jesus and we can only find it in the Jewish book called the new testament bible or where is the gospel revealed to Jesus in the Quran?
Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by tintingz(m): 10:28pm On Mar 20, 2017
Empiree:
That's clearly you view not the view of ENTIRE muslims.

YOu keep saying "version". It is OBVIOUS you appear to have your ulterior motives. What is being discussed here is "Mushaf"

What is Mushaf?.

The Islamic term al-Qur'ān means 'the Recitation', denoting its content. When referring to the physical bound volume, some use the term mushaf. ... The literal meaning of mus'haf is "The manuscript bound between two boards".

Again, no question of "version" here. Thse different "mushaf" exist today but Quran is standardized with one whihc is Qurayshi.

Quran's challenge stands, produce those "other versions" of Quran and let's see.
We will Keep going in circle.

There were various versions of the Quran, if there wasn't Abu Bakr wont reject Ali's compilation, Uthman won't bother rewriting and burning other copies of Quran.
Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by Empiree: 10:45pm On Mar 20, 2017
tintingz:
We will Keep going in circle.

There were various versions of the Quran, if there wasn't Abu Bakr wont reject Ali's compilation, Uthman won't bother rewriting and burning other copies of Quran.
Very simple question that will bring this to an end is DO YOU BELIEVE THAT QURAN WE HAVE TODAY is NOT thw WORD OF ALLAH and it is DISTORTED?

The above ^ question ^ kills thw whole back n forth one time so that i can get where you stand. But for record, you seems to want to interject "SuShi" differences into this but unfortuantely, there differences are SECTATIRIA and historic hatred that has nothing to do with Quran compilation. So i see nowhere Abu Abkr reject's Ali's unless, perhaps some nutjobs write whatever they want on internet

The Period of Abu Bakr 1st Compilation:

Ali ibn Abi Talib compiled a book arranging the verses of the Quran, which was completed shortly before the death of the Prophet, in the order that they were revealed. [33> He did not go out until he finished writing that book except for prayer. That narration is present in the answer when Abu Bakr summoned Ali to ask why he had not given allegiance to him: ‘I thought something might be added to the book of Allah and I decided not to put on my clothes except prayer until I finished writing it. Abu Bakr said, ‘You thought very nice.’

The Period of Ali ibn Abi Talib:

If the Quran that Uthman duplicated had been different from that of Prophet, the successor of Uthman, the Caliph Ali, would have made his private Quran the official Quran. The difference of the Mushaf of Ali is that it is arranged in the order of revelation. There is no difference except the use of a few synonyms, which does not cause any change in the meaning.

Do you know this was exactly what Constantine did to the bible?
Whether or not Bible corruption and distortion is feasible today and there are physical evidences for this.

Dont forget to answer the question o oga tintingz
Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by Empiree: 10:50pm On Mar 20, 2017
tintingz:

The gospel was revealed to Jesus and we can only find it in the Jewish book called the new testament bible or where is the gospel revealed to Jesus in the Quran?
Oga, me no know which Gospel you de talk. Too Many of them but they ALL have one thing in common and that is confusion about Jesus identity. Being God, Son of God and the Holy Spirit at the same time. If that is the Gospel you believe was revealed to Jesus, then Bible or Gospel's message about Jesus is in conflict with Quran's message about him. You either stick to Quran or tell us who Jesus is accordiing to ay of those Gospel

Lobatan
Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by tintingz(m): 11:15pm On Mar 20, 2017
Empiree:
Oga, me no know which Gospel you de talk. Too Many of them but they ALL have one thing in common and that is confusion about Jesus identity. Being God, Son of God and the Holy Spirit at the same time. If that is the Gospel you believe was revealed to Jesus, then Bible or Gospel's message about Jesus is in conflict with Quran's message about him. You either stick to Quran or tell us who Jesus is accordiing to ay of those Gospel

Lobatan
There is nowhere Jesus called himself God in the bible, son in Jewish people means friend of God. There is nothing like trinity in the bible. Some Christians don't believe Jesus is God, while some believe he's God from that same bible. You have seen how interpretations differ?

There is no gospel in the Quran, Quran only mention Gospel and narrate some stories. The gospel of Jesus were accounted by Luke, John, Mathew, Mark, Peter and Paul and these are found in the bible, you can provide your gospel for us if you have another.
Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by tintingz(m): 11:24pm On Mar 20, 2017
Empiree:
Very simple question that will bring this to an end is DO YOU BELIEVE THAT QURAN WE HAVE TODAY is NOT thw WORD OF ALLAH and it is DISTORTED?

The above ^ question ^ kills thw whole back n forth one time so that i can get where you stand. But for record, you seems to want to interject "SuShi" differences into this but unfortuantely, there differences are SECTATIRIA and historic hatred that has nothing to do with Quran compilation. So i see nowhere Abu Abkr reject's Ali's unless, perhaps some nutjobs write whatever they want on internet

The Period of Abu Bakr 1st Compilation:

Ali ibn Abi Talib compiled a book arranging the verses of the Quran, which was completed shortly before the death of the Prophet, in the order that they were revealed. [33> He did not go out until he finished writing that book except for prayer. That narration is present in the answer when Abu Bakr summoned Ali to ask why he had not given allegiance to him: ‘I thought something might be added to the book of Allah and I decided not to put on my clothes except prayer until I finished writing it. Abu Bakr said, ‘You thought very nice.’

The Period of Ali ibn Abi Talib:

If the Quran that Uthman duplicated had been different from that of Prophet, the successor of Uthman, the Caliph Ali, would have made his private Quran the official Quran. The difference of the Mushaf of Ali is that it is arranged in the order of revelation. There is no difference except the use of a few synonyms, which does not cause any change in the meaning.
Bla bla bla... All i know is that there were various versions of Quran that existed. Whether dialects or versions. If not there won't be clashes among those ancient Arab folks.

Whether or not Bible corruption and distortion is feasible today and there are physical evidences for this.

Dont forget to answer the question o oga tintingz
Tell me more how bible is/was corrupted.
Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by Empiree: 11:30pm On Mar 20, 2017
tintingz:
There is nowhere Jesus called himself God in the bible, son in Jewish people means friend of God. There is nothing like trinity in the bible. Some Christians don't believe Jesus is God, while some believe he's God from that same bible. You have seen how interpretations differ?

There is no gospel in the Quran, Quran only mention Gospel and narrate some stories. The gospel of Jesus were accounted by Luke, John, Mathew, Mark, Peter and Paul and these are found in the bible, you can provide your gospel for us if you have another.
Obviously you are confused. Dont let trinitarians here @bold. That's no longer interpreatation. That's believe system if some one believes a man is God and nother one says no he is not. That's complete different doctrines.

And you said Bible didnt call him God?. Maybe you have been reading very well. Those who believe Jesus is God gave their references

Isaiah 9:6 - For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Revelation 1:17-18; Revelation 2:8 - (Jesus is the First and the Last)

1 Timothy 3:16 - And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifested in the flesh,

These are few of the references of those who believe in man is God.

And you open the same book, you see unitarian who believe otherwise.

Does this happen with islam that nabi is God?. Stop deceiving yourself my friend

1 Like

Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by Empiree: 11:43pm On Mar 20, 2017
tintingz:
Bla bla bla... All i know is that there were various versions of Quran that existed. Whether dialects or versions. If not there won't be clashes among those ancient Arab folks.

Now, this is becoming blind argument without any proof. "All I know is". That's not scholarship at all.

@uunderlined does not relate with @bold.
Re: Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. by Empiree: 11:50pm On Mar 20, 2017
tintingz:
Bla bla bla... .
Now this is going to be a knockout.

Let's see if you can refute this.

From what you have said earlier, that why Abu Bakr rejected Ali's "version" of Quran, let's assume Abu Bakr did reject it. If he rejected Ali's, do you have any evidence that he seized Ali's version and banned it?.

If not, the implication is that Ali MUST have his copy in his possession until he gained power after Uthman. So why didn't Ali get rid f Uthman and replace it with his version if it was different from what was revealed to nabi(SA) and standardized by Uthman?.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Can A Muslim Skip Fasting If He Has Nothing To Eat Before And After The Fast? / Different Religion And Tribe: How Do I Balance The Wedding / Islamic Ruling On Family Planning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.