Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,519 members, 7,808,893 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:51 PM

He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him (41885 Views)

I NEVER KNEW: She Was The Boss And Not The Worker / I Was Mocked And Tagged 'stupid', Says Airport Security Who Returned Bag / See How My Ex Boss Rewarded Me For Being Loyal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by abike12(f): 9:25pm On Mar 13, 2017
Ajumobi o kan tanu. Take it as a lesson learned, and I pray your helper will locate you soon in Jesus name. sad
Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by uruuru: 9:25pm On Mar 13, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:
You are a graduate of engineering and your article reads like the write-up of an articulate bus conductor. Shame.
If I were 'Mr Ernest' I would not employ you either.
All u care about is the op's error. In fact, ur type are to be shot dead. God will punish u and ur generation for this comment u made. U bastard. Thousands of frustrations that op pass tru will visit u and ur children. Idiot... We don't need ur type where human lives. U are such an animal that deserves to live in thick forest. God punish u. U can't sympathise with him, all u do is to condemn is write up. How many ppl has good English or article gotten a good job or brought food to their table. U will rust in hell.

2 Likes

Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by michade(m): 9:26pm On Mar 13, 2017
Moral of the lesson
Don't put your hope in man and forget God the real employer Himself
Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by DESTINY41(m): 9:26pm On Mar 13, 2017
I did not even bother to read this long epistlr, but reading the comment makes me to understand what op is tryna
Say

Well my sympathy thou

1 Like

Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by Nobody: 9:30pm On Mar 13, 2017
profem1:

At last, someone thinking straight.

And you are the umpire, validating who thinks straight and who doesn't ? In life you need a little ignorance as well as the savvy to achieve contentment and happiness.

Evolve at your pace and allow others the luxury of evolving at their pace.

Let's avoid attitudinal malapropism. There are people who are honestly and sincerely here to learn. Learn to educate and offer your perspectives without scalding them with Holier-Than-Thou attitude.

Let's be guided.

4 Likes

Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by ipobbigot7: 9:35pm On Mar 13, 2017
Loyalty is rewarding only when it is well directed.

I was once also a victim of the same experience but God compensated me some years after i have left the man. Trust God, he allowed you to go through that to train you, He will compensate in due time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by TUBLEZ(m): 9:39pm On Mar 13, 2017
Eayahh

Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by vincentjk(m): 9:43pm On Mar 13, 2017
This is more than touching
Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by dabraska: 9:44pm On Mar 13, 2017
Baba your Mr Ernest didn't do anything wrong. You got paid and don't know it. The experience you got can get you a comfortable job elsewhere. Don't be naive. He added to you. It's a stepping stone.

Let A.Y tell you his story of how he was almost a house boy to Alibaba. Look at him now.
Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by ephi123(f): 9:47pm On Mar 13, 2017
Humans can be fickle and experience is the best teacher. You've learnt your lessons.

On a separate note, I have noticed how extended family members and friends abandon the immediate family & children when a person passes on. Well, God is the father to the fatherless and will never abandon them.

3 Likes

Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by Nobody: 9:49pm On Mar 13, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:
You are a graduate of engineering and your article reads like the write-up of an articulate bus conductor. Shame.

Hey pal. He just shared his story for us to learn from, Therefore you should atleast show some remorse i don't recall this being an interview.

1 Like

Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by Shigabs(m): 9:50pm On Mar 13, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:
Oga you harsh oo,
Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by francotunsco: 9:52pm On Mar 13, 2017
I thought the story was about Fayose and Obj.
Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by Antina(f): 9:53pm On Mar 13, 2017
Cutehector:
If I have ever learnt something in life, it will be never to depend of family relations/family friends for a job...

Its only God dat sends strangers to give u job

Bad one from Mr Earnest.

Something related to that happened to me some few years back, since then, I don't put my trust or hope in human again.
Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by NnaNna4(m): 9:54pm On Mar 13, 2017
Billyonaire:
From my experiences on the journey of life, I have to tell you this. The effort you dedicated to Mr. Ernest was not for him, it was for you. You were working on yourself, you were developing your skills and Mr. Ernest may not understand what he has done for you.

My advise is that you regret nothing. What did you learn from Mr. Ernest ? You learnt, no to trust anyone, not even yourself. You learnt not to rely on anyone, but yourself. What should you rather learn ? Learn to read meaning from people's actions, not their words. You did not pay attention to Ernest's body language and his actions. I am very sure there were countless signs, but you trusted him, you relied on him.

But let me tell you the good news. The skills, knowledge, interactions, distrust, unreliability on others and your doggedness, even the patience but not excluding the sweat, tears and blood are the parameters on the road to success.

What you should learn from your experience with Mr. Ernest, that nothing is given, but taken. Study his business model and his business modules. Register a business name, and search for a partner. Replicate that business with a touch of class and your ingenuity and there is nothing stopping you.

How do I know you will succeed in this ? Well, I do not know. I just remember that many people had bad bosses, and you must learn to call them teachers of life. You can use the knowledge and the experiences you got from these Ernests and his likes to further your drive to becoming a greater version of your self in the journey through life.

I LOVE YOUR REASONING. Your response is close to the parable of the ten virgins. My reasoning usually come from two places from the head and from the heart, from street sense and from scriptures while both have different ending I take time to chose one.
Street sense: Continue playing the fool until you unleash what is called COLLATERAL damage or Do me I do you.

Scripture: Submit the Ernest name to Baba God with 3days dry fasting (only). If the man no call you 5am in the morning with back dated appointment letter with apologies ...Baba God don pick your call be that.
Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by luminouz(m): 9:55pm On Mar 13, 2017
wapadunk:
Thats not LOYALTY. That's selling your self on the cheap. There is a difference.Thats because you see no worth in yourself. You think you can only be hired through connection like some others.

No Self-esteem
When you didn't value yourself
Too much Humility sometimes relegate you, cause some egocentric people wants you to continue rubbing their ego while they relegate you to the dogs.
I can never hire someone that doesn't value himself. Definitely he will sell my company on a cheap. I might just send him to secure a contract in another company, and the team from the other company will send him to buy snacks for them, while he runs around shamelessly, definely they wouldn't place him anywhere and negotiate with another person. They might even take him for a messenger. Knowing where you belong isn't pride.

Never sell yourself cheap all in the name of humility and loyalty.
Do me a favour.... Shut d fvck up!
There is a difference between loyalty n sycophancy! He was loyal!

1 Like

Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by Krisddon: 9:57pm On Mar 13, 2017
wapadunk:
Thats not LOYALTY. That's selling your self on the cheap. There is a difference.Thats because you see no worth in yourself. You think you can only be hired through connection like some others.

No Self-esteem
When you didn't value yourself
Too much Humility sometimes relegate you, cause some egocentric people wants you to continue rubbing their ego while they relegate you to the dogs.
I can never hire someone that doesn't value himself. Definitely he will sell my company on a cheap. I might just send him to secure a contract in another company, and the team from the other company will send him to buy snacks for them, while he runs around shamelessly, definely they wouldn't place him anywhere and negotiate with another person. They might even take him for a messenger. Knowing where you belong isn't pride.

Never sell yourself cheap all in the name of humility and loyalty.
In Nollywood's manner.
* clears throat *.... Mazi Okeke, u've said it all.
Igwe cuts in.... Ehmmm...,,, my people that is the end of Solomon Grandy.
Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by Bishop(m): 9:58pm On Mar 13, 2017
That was not loyalty rather it was stupidity. i would not employ you too if i were in his shoes. you had already let your self esteem down by washing cars and doing house chores for your supposed boss, like boi boi, son, keep your head up, you made him treat you like that because that is the way you chose to appeal to him.
Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by Krisddon: 9:59pm On Mar 13, 2017
luminouz:

Do me a favour.... Shut d fvck up!
There is a difference between loyalty n sycophancy! He was loyal!
Shiiii....! He was simply cheap and stupid.
No matter the degree of poverty, don't lose your self-esteem!
Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by boyo123(m): 10:04pm On Mar 13, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:
i am not use to doing this but honestly i have to say this FVCK YOU!!!!

1 Like

Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by serendipityF: 10:09pm On Mar 13, 2017
Cutehector:
u can make me ur personal pastor cheesy
Apostle cutehector grin lemme coman be going b4.....
Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by luminouz(m): 10:14pm On Mar 13, 2017
Krisddon:

Shiiii....! He was simply cheap and stupid.
No matter the degree of poverty, don't lose your self-esteem!
Really? For ur dad's closest friend who promised to get u a job in his company with a discipline related to what u read in SKUL? U didn't think d guy did it to have experience instead of sitting down at home?
Think bro.....Think!!!!! undecided
Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by luminouz(m): 10:17pm On Mar 13, 2017
boyo123:
i am not use to doing this but honestly i have to say this FVCK YOU!!!!
Seconded!!!!! grin
Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by ashala(m): 10:21pm On Mar 13, 2017
That man just wanted to ruin you
Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by uchelsea(m): 10:22pm On Mar 13, 2017
Thanks for sharing your experience.
Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by dejavuh0007(m): 10:22pm On Mar 13, 2017
u deserved what u got dumbass op
Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by Nobody: 10:31pm On Mar 13, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:
shut up
Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by graphiti: 10:33pm On Mar 13, 2017
Nwanne, ds is an eye opener 2 me o!
Right now I can relate to ur predicament.
I work as a maths teacher in one of the semi-top schools in Lagos. I'm so good at what I do dt I'm d apple of the proprietress' eyez. I even earn morecthan most of my ogas as a result. A situation that causes silent beefs/grudges .......but dhur, dts dr cup of cappuccino!

Late last year I got an offer in a multinational shipping company with a pay twice my wages. As a result of d rapport I have with d woman I brought her 2 speed about my offer. She was really downcast even though she wished me d best in my future endeavor. She asked me 2 get a competent replacement to fill my spot. After interviews upon interviews, none of d prospective candidates met d required standard. I knew it won't be easy to get someone of my calibre as, apart from being well grounded in the subject matter, I had close 2 two decades experience under my belt!

In pity and majorly as a sign of loyalty/appreciation for d manner she stood by me when i had a quarrel with d principal who subsequently wanted me sacked, I made her an offer of first refusal, ie, pay me what d new company wants to pay me (or at least something reasonably close to it). She promise to look into it.
The next month after this, my pay was increased by 40%........and since then, ny pay was reverted to my initial pay;

undecided kiss

Nna meeeen, that was how,thru 'loyalty', I lost d opportunity of working in a multinational company with twice d pay. Moreover, I had a highly great chance of overseas training -na dis one pain me pass;

But nothing spoil sha, cuz I believe my action is a seed which is bound 2 yield fruits in due course- from experience, i have always laugh last. It may take time, but I'll surely reap d dividend of my loyalty.

OP, I want u 2 look at things from dt angle too. As "matter is neither created nor destroyed but transmuted to other forms of energy", be rest assured dt ur ''bread" will surely come back 2 u multiple folds

Ecclesiastes 11:1 Cast thy bread upon the waters: for thou shalt find it after many days.

So, kimmon cheer-up!!!

grin grin

1 Like

Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by facealone05(m): 10:53pm On Mar 13, 2017
My bro it have happen to me too that is how I wasted 2yrs in port Harcourt serving my bro and loyal to him in everything am doing including in cleanings of his house,sending me errand like a small piking infact to the extend that those that is working in that company they will telling me that me know get problem to get job here that everything depend on my bro but anytime I try to remind him he will continue telling me that it remain small time may God help us
Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by zeezeegal(m): 10:56pm On Mar 13, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:
And U Think That U Re Better Off Than Him.. Huh? Mumu
Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by zeezeegal(m): 11:00pm On Mar 13, 2017
dejavuh0007:
u deserved what u got dumbass op
Ppl Like U No Dy Ever Learn...
Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by WINDSOW(m): 11:15pm On Mar 13, 2017
Only the rugged survive with the grace from God. Me no send my popsy talkless of Uncle in the UK bt today nko, my life don soft n still getting softer.
Moral lesson: Send no Babylon!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Salary Bank Statement In Kogi For 2015 & Last Promotion Letter (pics) / 8 Nigerian Jobs That May Cause Marital Delay To Guys / Musah Mufeedah, Kogi Lady Painter Who Sponsors Her Education With Her Skills

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.