Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,875 members, 7,802,810 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:19 PM

FG Bans Helicopter Shuttle From Kaduna To Abuja - PUNCH - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FG Bans Helicopter Shuttle From Kaduna To Abuja - PUNCH (24462 Views)

FG Bans EU Flights From Nigeria / New Images From Kaduna Urban Renewal Project / Cargo Train Services From Lagos To Kaduna To Commence In April (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Bans Helicopter Shuttle From Kaduna To Abuja - PUNCH by okoisubra(m): 9:36am On Mar 13, 2017
Re: FG Bans Helicopter Shuttle From Kaduna To Abuja - PUNCH by MrSegunAdewole: 9:36am On Mar 13, 2017
UrennaNkoli:
Which kind government be this.
the same government you supported grin
Re: FG Bans Helicopter Shuttle From Kaduna To Abuja - PUNCH by DWJOBScom(m): 9:36am On Mar 13, 2017
i thought the Abuja project was suppose to create a million jobs

the helicopter is one of the promised jobs

1 Like

Re: FG Bans Helicopter Shuttle From Kaduna To Abuja - PUNCH by Nyaknor(m): 9:36am On Mar 13, 2017
UrennaNkoli:
You think say una get government
Re: FG Bans Helicopter Shuttle From Kaduna To Abuja - PUNCH by Jabioro: 9:37am On Mar 13, 2017
Simple, for those who desired to use helicopter shuttle can land at nearby town then take road which will be less than twenty minutes drive.. I supported the decision we have no adequate gadget to monitor our aerial security
Re: FG Bans Helicopter Shuttle From Kaduna To Abuja - PUNCH by lakesider(m): 9:39am On Mar 13, 2017
Wailers don't wail .
This will affect less than 100 Nigerians
Pls wail about
Bad education
Hunger
Unemployment
And decayed infrastructure
Re: FG Bans Helicopter Shuttle From Kaduna To Abuja - PUNCH by Scatterscatter(m): 9:40am On Mar 13, 2017
SageTravels:
what kind nonsense is this na. No wonder foreign airlines pulled out..

I'm disappointed in you based on the comment you just made, considering your moniker. Only wonder where your "sage travels" will carry people to. I can't trust your judgment

1 Like

Re: FG Bans Helicopter Shuttle From Kaduna To Abuja - PUNCH by oobinna: 9:40am On Mar 13, 2017
three:
The National Security Adviser, Babagana Munguno, has banned the planned helicopter shuttle service from Kaduna to Abuja by some helicopter companies.

In a memo banning the move, Munguno said, “In view of the closure of the airport, air travelers will be required to travel by road/train to Abuja from Kaduna International Airport. This will undoubtedly cause constraints on the movement of some passengers who will aim to travel using other means, notably the use of commercial ferry helicopters.

“Please be reminded that the airspace over the Federal Capital Territory Abuja is controlled and only security flights or those with the requisite security clearance from the Presidency are granted overhead clearance for obvious security reasons. Consequently, you are to note and ensure that no charter or commercial helicopter ferry flights are allowed to fly within Abuja airspace.”

http://punchng.com/fg-bans-helicopter-shuttle-from-kaduna-to-abuja/
Lalasticala
Re: FG Bans Helicopter Shuttle From Kaduna To Abuja - PUNCH by jaymejate: 9:40am On Mar 13, 2017
maclatunji:
In a country with limited aerial defence capacity, it is a wise move.

My bros

1 Like

Re: FG Bans Helicopter Shuttle From Kaduna To Abuja - PUNCH by oobinna: 9:41am On Mar 13, 2017
DWJOBScom:
i thought the Abuja project was suppose to create a million jobs

the helicopter is one of the promised jobs

Sorry bro
Re: FG Bans Helicopter Shuttle From Kaduna To Abuja - PUNCH by VULCAN(m): 9:44am On Mar 13, 2017
Your statement is evidence that you have lost hope of ever joining their ranks.

Sorry.

raphton:
Nice development, let the wealthy feel the pain a little bit

1 Like

Re: FG Bans Helicopter Shuttle From Kaduna To Abuja - PUNCH by VULCAN(m): 9:49am On Mar 13, 2017
Don't be angry at the wealthy as That's a sign you will always be poor.

If you were worth N300m, you also would be looking for a faster and more convenient way to get to Abuja from Kaduna. Time is the most valuable asset to the extremely wealthy.

That is life.

NOC1:
good let everybody suffer it. imagine some people have registered with Bristow, if the fly from Lagos to Minna they will use there chopper to Abuja.

2 Likes

Re: FG Bans Helicopter Shuttle From Kaduna To Abuja - PUNCH by raphton(m): 9:49am On Mar 13, 2017
VULCAN:
Your statement is evidence that you have lost hope of ever joining their ranks.

Sorry.

You are entitled to your opinion but I'll simply put it this way, I will stand for anything that will bridge the gap between the rich and the poor.

Those that wasted there lives along that route are not animals while the government is doing little or nothing to improve the infrastructures that is beneficial to the common man.
Re: FG Bans Helicopter Shuttle From Kaduna To Abuja - PUNCH by HonabFaj(m): 9:56am On Mar 13, 2017
Why are we pain,same people that will use the Helicopter shuttle are those people in govt ,the ministers ,senates and so on.Not all of us here can afford that ,there is a free air conditioned bus provided ,why must we allow them to waste our constituency money on air shuttle again all in the name of going for sitting,let them use the train or bus abeg
Re: FG Bans Helicopter Shuttle From Kaduna To Abuja - PUNCH by erico2k2(m): 9:58am On Mar 13, 2017
slimthugchimee:
hmmm i see, well no average nigerian can use any form of helicopter shuttle apart from security agencies, so this will only affect the wealthy nigerians
You.are.not.a sharp Nigerian . These idiots are targeting a certain person and that person is limited to go by road where they will end . I thought it was the ground they where resurfacing . I never k e they ha e to resurface the Air too.
Re: FG Bans Helicopter Shuttle From Kaduna To Abuja - PUNCH by Adayi1(m): 9:58am On Mar 13, 2017
TippyTop:
But shuttle from Abuja to Daura remains.

The ban does not affect President Mamman Daura certainly.
can you chartered a flight? They said, for security reasons... Why dont you try to find out what the security reasons are.
Re: FG Bans Helicopter Shuttle From Kaduna To Abuja - PUNCH by HonabFaj(m): 10:00am On Mar 13, 2017
UrennaNkoli:

Why are we pain,same people that will use the Helicopter shuttle are those people in govt ,the ministers ,senates and so on.Not all of us here can afford that ,their are free air conditioned bus provided ,why must we allow them to waste our constituency money on air shuttle again all in the name of going for sitting,let them use the train or bus abeg
Re: FG Bans Helicopter Shuttle From Kaduna To Abuja - PUNCH by Wisebird22(m): 10:16am On Mar 13, 2017
TippyTop:
But shuttle from Abuja to Daura remains.

The ban does not affect President Mamman Daura certainly.
it is only in nigeria dt we dnt respect our president,hw can u even think the ban should affect the president there are pple wit high clearance level that the ban would not affect abeg leave the president alone smal na.
Re: FG Bans Helicopter Shuttle From Kaduna To Abuja - PUNCH by leanalyst: 10:18am On Mar 13, 2017
I dont have any problem with this policy if this is for security reasons. But i will ask a question why didnt PMB set the example by using train or road?
Re: FG Bans Helicopter Shuttle From Kaduna To Abuja - PUNCH by leanalyst: 10:19am On Mar 13, 2017
Wisebird22:
it is only in nigeria dt we dnt respect our president,hw can u even think the ban should affect the president there are pple wit high clearance level that the ban would not affect abeg leave the president alone smal na.
It should affect everybody o. He is serving us, so whatever affects us should affect him. Shikena.
Re: FG Bans Helicopter Shuttle From Kaduna To Abuja - PUNCH by mamuzoOMAH(m): 10:23am On Mar 13, 2017
leanalyst:
I dont have any problem with this policy if this is for security reasons. But i will ask a question why didnt PMB set the example by using train or road?
he is a sick man. u want him to die?
Re: FG Bans Helicopter Shuttle From Kaduna To Abuja - PUNCH by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:23am On Mar 13, 2017
What is the job of those monitoring the airspace?
Re: FG Bans Helicopter Shuttle From Kaduna To Abuja - PUNCH by nwabudan25: 10:29am On Mar 13, 2017
They are planing to kill some people on the road ooooo

1 Like

Re: FG Bans Helicopter Shuttle From Kaduna To Abuja - PUNCH by Nobody: 10:31am On Mar 13, 2017
Its not fair, why are they hell bent on frustrating air travel in naija?

Helicopters are portable flight vehicles, you can even land one in your house if you have the space to accommodate it.

1 Like

Re: FG Bans Helicopter Shuttle From Kaduna To Abuja - PUNCH by TheGreatIYANU: 10:33am On Mar 13, 2017
Scatterscatter:
Nice move but the sad thing is that our youths won't take their time to analyse the move before calling PMB and his administration names.

The truth is, for security reasons things can't just fly over Abuja airspace as it is the seat of power and it houses the president and the country's representatives.

Nice move once again

My brother it does not make sense. Abuja is not 1cm in Length or Breadth. There is no excuse for this absurd policy because as expansive as the land is, Government could have given Chopper Pilots coordinates that would take their route far away from Aso Rock and other sensitive buildings.

Even in Washington DC, Commercial Chatter Helicopters still fly so please don't support this senseless directive.

1 Like

Re: FG Bans Helicopter Shuttle From Kaduna To Abuja - PUNCH by joinnow: 10:33am On Mar 13, 2017
Why are the govt always doing things that will make other countries mock us.

Why.
This Govt second name na BAN

1 Like

Re: FG Bans Helicopter Shuttle From Kaduna To Abuja - PUNCH by xtremeidea(m): 10:35am On Mar 13, 2017
raphton:
Nice development, let the wealthy feel the pain a little

Its so sad!!! you're so short sighted. This is the reason why we can't grow in Nigeria.

Yet you wonder why no foreign wants to operate in Nigeria!!! whats wrong with having charter flights

1 Like

Re: FG Bans Helicopter Shuttle From Kaduna To Abuja - PUNCH by SalamRushdie: 10:41am On Mar 13, 2017
NOC1:
good let everybody suffer it. imagine some people have registered with Bristow, if the fly from Lagos to Minna they will use there chopper to Abuja.

The package cost just 150k so don't say it's just for the rich..you too can afford it when it's very necessary

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Water Transportation In Lagos State: Lagosians Speak - Photos / Roadside Hawkers: My Experience From Lagos To East. / LASTMA Impounds Indian Man's Car On 3rd Mainland Bridge Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.