Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,861 members, 7,806,432 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:31 PM

Buhari Will Not Resume In A Dramatic Way – Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Will Not Resume In A Dramatic Way – Presidency (17218 Views)

Ekiti: APC Rally, A Dramatic Display Of Failure - PDP / Why I Won't Resume In Senate Now – Melaye / Dapchi Girls Abduction: My Dramatic Escape - 15-Year-Old Girl Recounts (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Will Not Resume In A Dramatic Way – Presidency by Sanchez01: 9:49am On Mar 13, 2017
- Presidential aide, Garba Shehu, explains that Buhari needs is a careful and slow resumption of duty following the president’s return to Nigeria from a medical vacation abroad

- Garba says Buhari will be fully in charge once the letter notifying the National Assembly of his resumption gets to the lawmakers

- The presidential aide, however, states that Buhari style of leadership right from inception does not dictate every detail in governance
The presidency has downplayed expectations from Nigerians that President Muhammadu Buhari will resume work in a “dramatic way” after spending 50 days in London, treating an undisclosed ailment.

The senior special assistant to the president on media, Mr. Garba Shehu, stated this during an interview with Arise News Network on Sunday, March 12, in Abuja.

Garba said the president needs is a careful and slow resumption of duty following his return to the country.

He said: “Let me first of all caution that he (Buhari) is not going to start in a dramatic way. He has been away from the country for nearly two months, so he needs to get into the temperature of the place.

“For instance, yesterday (Saturday), he went through the newspapers page by page, and he read everything that interested him.

“So he needs to get back to that place. The thing is that he’s basically human like all of us. He is coming out of an ailment and like he himself had said, he needs to start gradually.

“Don’t expect the president to be given neck-breaking schedules or punishing schedules like from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., or sometimes to 1a.m. to 2 a.m..”

Responding to the question whether Buhari would be fully in charge once he resumes, Garba said the moment the president’s letter goes to the National Assembly notifying the lawmakers of his return, that means the president is in full control.

The presidential aide explained that Buhari style of leadership right from inception does not dictate every detail in governance.

Garba said: “This is not a president, by his style of leadership, whose hands dictate every detail. People make the observation that perhaps ministers under this government are the most powerful ministers we have had in this Republic.

“He doesn’t call each month to say that a contract should go to Mr. A, B or C, or that road should be channeled through this or that.”

Garba further elaborated on the role of the vice-president, adding that “even before the president’s departure, the vice-president had a full plate”.

“He has again, on record, been one of the busiest vice-presidents in our country; the president has delegated so much to him."

Meanwhile, a report by The Punch indicates that President Buhari has no schedule on his itinerary as he resumes work on Monday, March 13.

According to the report, no assignment has been scheduled yet for Buhari as he formally resumes from his 51-day medical vacation.

The president had told state governors and top government officials at the Presidential Villa Abuja on Friday, March 10 that he would continue to rest over the weekend and allow Vice President Yemi Osinbajo to work.

The protocol unit of the presidency is saddled with the responsibility of preparing weekly scheduled assignments for the presiden

The itinerary is however open to amendments if the situation arises.

An unnnamed government official, who was quoted in the report attributed the “blank” nature of the president’s schedule for Monday to the fact that Buhari only returned to the country on Friday.

The source said the first draft of the president’s schedule for the week was always ready on the preceding Friday.

https://www.naij.com/1093299-buhari-resume-a-dramatic-presidency.html

Re: Buhari Will Not Resume In A Dramatic Way – Presidency by Sanchez01: 9:52am On Mar 13, 2017
The president should take a bow at this time since he would no longer be able to function as he used to. They shouldn't push him by forcing him to die on the seat. If he is not fully fit, healthwise, some other person should take over. After all, the person who would do so is also from the APC.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Will Not Resume In A Dramatic Way – Presidency by limeta(f): 9:54am On Mar 13, 2017
Fuvk buhari

9 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Not Resume In A Dramatic Way – Presidency by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 9:57am On Mar 13, 2017
that stock fish should just die and allow nigerians to live undecided

9 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Not Resume In A Dramatic Way – Presidency by XerXers: 9:59am On Mar 13, 2017
should i do it??

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Will Not Resume In A Dramatic Way – Presidency by faithugo64(f): 10:01am On Mar 13, 2017
grin grin

Why is it that some persons with "born to rule mentality" dont wana admit that Baba is no longer capable of holding the office of the presidency?

They keep pushing the poor man beyond his limit just to remain in power
Even when its obvious Baba needs to take a bow
For his own good and so he can live longer

Chai grin grin

Baba sorry you hear?
But it seems you too chose power over your health/life

Goodluck Mr president

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Not Resume In A Dramatic Way – Presidency by Luckylife(m): 10:02am On Mar 13, 2017
health is wealth, born to rule is very dangerous. A wise man will take care of his health above material things .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Will Not Resume In A Dramatic Way – Presidency by Jabioro: 10:08am On Mar 13, 2017
Let him rest..
Re: Buhari Will Not Resume In A Dramatic Way – Presidency by hisgrace090: 10:11am On Mar 13, 2017
Mr president, you need rest simple.
Re: Buhari Will Not Resume In A Dramatic Way – Presidency by DropShot: 10:12am On Mar 13, 2017
Sanchez01:
The president should take a bow at this time since he would no longer be able to function as he used to. They shouldn't push him by forcing him to die on the seat. If he is not fully fit, healthwise, some other person should take over. After all, the person who would do so is also from the APC.
Mba!

The sickness he's suffering from is not a terminal disease!. PMB will attain full recovery and will complete his term and possibly another term.

Check history book and you'd discover that many presidents of great countries of the world have fallen sick while in office. The sickness didn't make them be impeached or resign.

From USA to UK to France to Germany, their leader suffered different sickness from stroke to polio, from heart attack to Crohn's disease, from bone disease to severe diabetes, yet they all served their term and many even were re-elected.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Will Not Resume In A Dramatic Way – Presidency by tinsel: 10:16am On Mar 13, 2017
You are on your own on another term. I would have loved it but we need to pray let him finish this one and go take care of his health.
Re: Buhari Will Not Resume In A Dramatic Way – Presidency by Sanchez01: 10:19am On Mar 13, 2017
DropShot:

Mba!

The sickness he's suffering from is not a terminal disease!. PMB will attain full recovery and will complete his term and possibly another term.

Check history book and you'd discover that many presidents of great countries of the world have fallen sick while in office. The sickness didn't make them be impeached or resign. From USA to UK to France to Germany, their leader suffered different sickness from stroke to polio, from heart attack to Crohn's disease, from bone disease to severe diabetes, yet they all served their term and many even were re-elected.

A sickness is a disease and vice-versa. What matters is the duration of such sickness/disease. As much as your exhibition of loyalty is impressive, I'd like to ask you a genuine question; does that man look like someone who can spend six more years on that seat to you?

SR earlier reported the President is suffering from Crohn's disease, and Crohn's is a terminal disease. It can only be managed. You don't compare other world leaders to ours because two things are wrong with him, as it stands;

1. Old age.
2. The many illnesses and diseases.

First it was his prostrate, then ears, then prostrate again and now Crohn's disease. An old man's body is like an old watch/mechanism. One after the other, every part breaks down, even after thinking he had been cured. It's like fixing an old, tired balloon.

15 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Not Resume In A Dramatic Way – Presidency by DropShot: 10:20am On Mar 13, 2017
Sanchez01:

A sickness is a disease and vice-versa. What matters is the duration of such sickness/disease. As much as your exhibition of loyalty is impressive, I'd like to ask you a genuine question; does that man look like someone who can spend six more years on that seat to you?
You may re-quote my modified post.
Re: Buhari Will Not Resume In A Dramatic Way – Presidency by Nobody: 10:21am On Mar 13, 2017
So Nigerians will keep waiting until they forward their letter to National Assembly ?. Why did he come back for the first since he's yet to be physically stable to run the affairs of the country. The way I am seeing things now, nothing would make this man to step aside for his second to take over.
Re: Buhari Will Not Resume In A Dramatic Way – Presidency by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 10:21am On Mar 13, 2017
DropShot:

Mba!

Sickness is not a desease!. PMB will attain full recovery and will complete his term and possibly another term.

Check history book and you'd discover that many presidents of great countries of the world have fallen sick while in office. The sickness didn't make them be impeached or resign. From USA to UK to France to Germany, their leader suffered different sickness from stroke to polio, from heart attack to Crohn's disease, from bone disease to severe diabetes, yet they all served their term and many even were re-elected.
BMC nla tongue

11 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Not Resume In A Dramatic Way – Presidency by Sanchez01: 10:22am On Mar 13, 2017
tinsel:
You are on your own on another term. I would have loved it but we need to pray let him finish this one and go take care of his health.
There is nothing to love. The damage he has done is enough. I pray he attains full recovery and resigns, but being a typical, power drunk Nigerian, if he wants to make a mess of himself on the seat and become a spinach soaked in hot water, then who am I to say otherwise?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Not Resume In A Dramatic Way – Presidency by ZirdoRoray(m): 10:22am On Mar 13, 2017
For an elderly man such as Buhari to be so sick and recuperate very slowly under one of the best medical care in the world shows that death is around the corner. It's inevitable that he will wind up dead but not soon.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Not Resume In A Dramatic Way – Presidency by DropShot: 10:24am On Mar 13, 2017
Sanchez01:

Your question is childish.

No one knows who will live till tomorrow talk-less of six years.

Many younger known and unknown persons have died since PMB left for London for treatment.

As healthy as you may appear today, you're not sure of seeing tomorrow. Same goes for all of us.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Will Not Resume In A Dramatic Way – Presidency by momentarylapse: 10:27am On Mar 13, 2017
Buhari sef no get sense! Na by force to rule? Leave this job and go and get well so that your last days on earth can at least be spent in peace watching cartoon network or even with your family! The fools pushing him to commit political suicide are all stinking rich! He is also filthy rich! What else do they all need? Just tell them.."awon goons, osibanjo will take care of all of you..I am out!".....simple!

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Not Resume In A Dramatic Way – Presidency by vedaxcool(m): 10:29am On Mar 13, 2017
DropShot:

Many younger known and unknown persons have died since PMB left for London for treatment.

As healthy as you may appear today, you're not sure of seeing tomorrow. Same goes for all of us.

Gbam
Re: Buhari Will Not Resume In A Dramatic Way – Presidency by bedspread: 10:31am On Mar 13, 2017
IT BETTER BE UNDRAMTIC!!

WHO CARES...

Na RESULTS WE NEED
Re: Buhari Will Not Resume In A Dramatic Way – Presidency by Sanchez01: 10:36am On Mar 13, 2017
DropShot:

Why not answer my question based on the many health challenges plaguing the President? Anyone can live for so long, but managing a complex society as Nigeria with old age and an unstable health, coupled with an alleged terminal disease is like looking for a stream in desert. We are not GOd, true, but then again, it is not rocket science. We all know how plumpy Jonathan looked as the VP and how he grew grey hair all over after four years.

10 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Not Resume In A Dramatic Way – Presidency by zaimeg: 10:38am On Mar 13, 2017
DropShot:

Mba!

Check history book and you'd discover that many presidents of great countries of the world have fallen sick while in office. The sickness didn't make them be impeached or resign.

From USA to UK to France to Germany, their leader suffered different sickness from stroke to polio, from heart attack to Crohn's disease, from bone disease to severe diabetes, yet they all served their term and many even were re-elected.
Is your loyalty to Nigeria or PMB? PMB should complete his term and rest please. Anyone wishing him a second tenure does not love him.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Not Resume In A Dramatic Way – Presidency by izombie(m): 10:39am On Mar 13, 2017
DropShot:

you are right. Anyone can die at any time but we are talking about the president of nigeria here. Not just anyone. You what that office entails. Now tell me, does buhari look like someone who can run that office effectively?
Re: Buhari Will Not Resume In A Dramatic Way – Presidency by izombie(m): 10:42am On Mar 13, 2017
faithugo64:
grin grin

Why is it that some persons with "born to rule mentality" dont wana admit that Baba is no longer capable of holding the office of the presidency?

They keep pushing the poor man beyond his limit just to remain in power
Even when its obvious Baba needs to take a bow
For his own good and so he can live longer

Chai grin grin

Baba sorry you hear?
But it seems you too chose power over your health/life

Goodluck Mr president
abeg you people should stop saying "they" who is the "they". Does buhari not own his life? No one can force him to do what he doesn't want to do. If they are pushing him too far he has the right to say no. Buhari should just resign and take care of himself but he has refused to do so.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Not Resume In A Dramatic Way – Presidency by Sanchez01: 10:43am On Mar 13, 2017
zaimeg:

Is your loyalty to Nigeria or PMB? PMB should complete his term and rest please. Anyone wishing him a second tenure does not love him.
I think it is obvious.
Re: Buhari Will Not Resume In A Dramatic Way – Presidency by faithugo64(f): 10:45am On Mar 13, 2017
izombie:
abeg you people should stop saying "they" who is the "they". Does buhari not own his life? No one can force him to do what he doesn't want to do. If they are pushing him too far he has the right to say no. Buhari should just resign and take care of himself but he has refused to do so.
did you read the last part of my post?
Re: Buhari Will Not Resume In A Dramatic Way – Presidency by ngeneukwuewuGOAT: 10:45am On Mar 13, 2017
Nigeriaaaaaa!!!!

See as dey just take this old sick man dey make yeyeundecided

Today you go hear '' we are bringing buhari to the country by weekend'''

Tomorrow again you hear '' we decided to tarry his coming because his wife went to Saudi to seek spiritual solution.

Nest you go hear again, '' His doctor told us to allow him to rest for another two weeks''.

Before you know it you go hear another on '' We will bring him in but he will not resume work because Osinbade is doing a good job''.

But Buhari i'm sure be like " Oga Maman, i for like make una leave me for UK make i get myself well first before i resume Abeg"

Mamman be like " No way sir! You want them NA to impeach you And besides, some Nigerians will think you are dead. You must do as i say sir"

The bottom line, Buhari is ever willing to go and rest, but his handlers would not let him be.

We are been ruled/led under the apc government by some few idiots who acts, speak, do and undo for Buhari. We are in trouble

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Not Resume In A Dramatic Way – Presidency by zaimeg: 10:47am On Mar 13, 2017
Sanchez01:

I think it is obvious.
Giving the benefit of doubt.
Re: Buhari Will Not Resume In A Dramatic Way – Presidency by Nobody: 11:14am On Mar 13, 2017
Resting President-- Buhari
Acting President-- Osibanjo

Kwatinue
Re: Buhari Will Not Resume In A Dramatic Way – Presidency by Eazybay(m): 11:15am On Mar 13, 2017
DropShot:

Mba!

The only thing keeping Buhari on dat seat is d same reason he contested 4 times! Born to rule mentality.. The other countries u mentioned closely monitor d sick President to make sure his health does not interfere wit state affairs.. In Nigeria, EVERY single detail is shrouded in secrecy and further compounded by d lack lustre and deceitful nature of d govt of d day!! The uncoordinated statements are mind boggling!
First he says VP should keep acting,
Later dey say he would resume
Now it is "non dramatic resumption"

I don't envy u tho

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Will Not Resume In A Dramatic Way – Presidency by BrutusOj(m): 11:46am On Mar 13, 2017
Sanchez01:
Don't let the cabals and BMC seen this post oo.. you want spoil show for them?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pressure Mounts On Buhari To Sack Monguno, Magu / Feminist Coalition Reacts To Allegation Of Misappropriation Of EndSARS Donations / Nigeria: Fear Grips Benin Residents Over Upsurge In Crime Rate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.