Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:41 AM

Poverty: The Ambition Killer - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poverty: The Ambition Killer (371 Views)

The Ambassadors Of Poverty. By Philip Umeh / The Killer's Guild(Sin City) / Ikádä(throne Of Love): War, Betrayal, Lust,ambition By Angelsss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Poverty: The Ambition Killer by Theqr(m): 1:29pm On Mar 13, 2017
Life is nothing but an ephemeral season laden with ups and downs: from the womb to the tomb - hustle and tussle and struggle! As growth and development occur to humans and various wars of existence are waged, ambition evolves as a covert and overt natural drive.

I need that...and those...
I want this...and that...
I want to be this...and that...
Eventually, we're all ambitious.

Ambition becomes an item of concern, though in varying degree from one person to another. Ambition knows no strata; the rich are also entitled to the nature's gift, engineered and designed for the poor especially, to uplift their status. So, the need for status uplift is thus necessary because nature by some means also created an ever-present psycho-physical enemy, known as Poverty, delimiting our perception and scope of live.

Now, what is Poverty?

Poverty is a true enemy and an unknown friend-family of many, delimiting human perceptions of his environment and of himself, thus, leaving man with under-realization of his natural or possible potentials. "The state of being inferior in quality or insufficient in amount" goes the definition of Poverty. Some other definitions include "the state of being poor" or "lack of money", right? To me, being poor or lacking money is no suitable definition for poverty, rather
both are mere descriptions of its usual out-views and perceived nature.

Poverty is more mental and psychological than physical, just like most man's problems are. Going by the first definition:

If you think your B.A/B.Sc., M.A etc. are all you need to make it, dear you dwell in poverty because your reasoning is poor.
If you keep telling yourself you don't have enough to make a business out of that beautiful ideas of yours, your reasoning is insufficient in amount. Why can't you start somewhere? Bill Gate started in high school. Do you think he had millions back then? No!
O friend, you're indeed a poor man to think your dreams are too big to be achieved.
You are a student, right? Please, it's poor to think all the passes and credits on your spreadsheet determine the end. You run the race not otherwise.
"O boy! The girl is so cute. I don't stand a chance with her, plus she kinda looks expensive too..." What a typical poor man reasoning! Most of the things we worried about never really happened to us. We act, most of the time, on self-doubt and hear-say.

Poverty makes a lot of friends by subjecting one to the state of believing that one can’t be what one envisages, possibly, because one's insecure financially, academically, emotionally and so forth. Poverty befriends the high class and the lower class consciously and unconsciously but I say this, nothing in this live can happen to us without our consent.

STAY TUNED TO YOUR DREAMS WITH UTMOST DEDICATION  AND MOTIVATION!

Courtesy: http://starxpressions..nl/?m=1

(1) (Reply)

[poem] Irreplaceable Diamond / Philanderer / "Funny War" In West Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.