Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,990 members, 7,799,407 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:33 PM

Nouns Are Cheap; Go For Adjectives!!! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nouns Are Cheap; Go For Adjectives!!! (508 Views)

Nouns Are Cheap; Go For Adjectives!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nouns Are Cheap; Go For Adjectives!!! by VirtueDigest: 3:33pm On Mar 13, 2017
This isn’t a grammar class, so I won’t bore you with definitions of nouns and adjectives. But I assume that you know that adjectives qualify nouns. A noun is also referred to as a naming word; meaning that it gives identification. How does this apply to your life?

What do I mean when I say ‘nouns are cheap?’ Often times in life, you don’t have to struggle to get your nouns. Nouns are ordinary, cheap, and common. For instance, you could be a man, woman, wife, husband, nurse, doctor, pastor, soldier, student or father. Anybody can be any of these!

But to be exceptional, you have to work for the adjectives that qualify your nouns! Which could be good or bad. However, it takes hard work to earn good adjectives. Yes, you’re a lady; there are many ladies. What kind of a lady are you? Decent, intelligent, smart, purposeful, gifted, principled, gentle etc. Or unrefined, lazy, beggarly, dull, hostile, arrogant etc.
Average/ordinary people are satisfied with their nouns but great/extraordinary people are more concerned about their adjectives. It’s not enough to be a student, pastor, doctor, psychologist, wife, husband, writer, actor, teacher, or whatever it is you may be. The point is: what adjectives qualify you?

You may argue that everyone cannot be extraordinary; and I’ll tell you that it’s a matter of choice. I don’t want to be an ordinary noun. I go for adjectives; that’s why I don’t pursue whatever I’m not passionate about. My life is a noun, but I care about the adjectives that qualify it. I want it to be purposeful, passionate, fulfilling, abundant, adventurous, and meaningful!

Hey! Do you want to be extraordinary? Then be exceptional! This can only happen if you don’t settle for cheap nouns! Be ready to work for your adjectives! What adjectives do you want to be qualified with?

Olu Mabel

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nouns Are Cheap; Go For Adjectives!!! by bukatyne(f): 8:50am On Mar 14, 2017
Interesting piece.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Nouns Are Cheap; Go For Adjectives!!! by tuscani: 10:16am On Mar 14, 2017
Very educative, this should be in front page already.

1 Like

Re: Nouns Are Cheap; Go For Adjectives!!! by Nobody: 4:05pm On Mar 14, 2017
Nice one.
Re: Nouns Are Cheap; Go For Adjectives!!! by twosquare(m): 6:36pm On Mar 14, 2017
Lalasticlala...oya...gbeera
Re: Nouns Are Cheap; Go For Adjectives!!! by Nobody: 6:40pm On Mar 14, 2017
This is instructive and unique.
Thanks op.

(1) (Reply)

Make Your Perceived Enemy Sign For You. / What Does A Father Feel When His Daughter's Menstrual Cycle Starts? / Easter Eggciting Deals!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.