Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:54 AM

Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award (6175 Views)

Van Vicker And Wife Celebrate 12th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) / Tonto Dike Caught Sleeping With Van Vicker! / Genevieve Says Van Vicker Can't Act (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by smile4kenn(m): 10:01pm On Dec 17, 2009
Van Vicker has emerged the Actor of The Year at the yearly 'MODE MEN OF THE YEAR 2009 AWARDS held recently at the Federal Palace Hotel, Victoria Island, Lagos.

Organized by Mode Men magazine, the award was designed to celebrated men, who have profoundly affected lives in their society within the current year.

The Handsome Ghanaian actor won the award disappointing some big names like Ramsey Noah, Mike Ezuronye, Nonso Diobi and Desmon Elliot who were also nominated in the same category.

'I am honored to receive this award and I want to dedicate it to my mother, wife and kids for being strong, supportive and a source of inspiration. I thank God for his blessings. I thank my fellow Ghanaian brothers and sisters for their love, my fans around the world and members of vanvickerlive family, VVF.

Last but not the least, I thank Nigerians for appreciating my work. Thank You’, Van appreciated.

Some other winners at the event include Basketmouth who won the Comedian of the Year. J Martins was not left out in the winning list as the Musician of The Year.

http://www.kennynaija.com/2009/12/van-vicker-wins-man-of-year-award.html

Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by mamagee3(f): 1:05am On Dec 18, 2009
Good for him. tongue
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by THEAMAKA1: 1:16am On Dec 18, 2009
bullshit.
should have went to a lot of people other than him.
shallow world. tongue
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by amebono1: 1:52am On Dec 18, 2009
the dude is sexyyyyyyyyyyyyyy congrats
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by oyinda3(f): 9:44am On Dec 18, 2009
he's quite hansome
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by Nobody: 9:58am On Dec 18, 2009
That dwarf! lipsrsealed
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by THEAMAKA1: 2:32pm On Dec 18, 2009
im not surprised that he would get this award based on looks.
what has he brought to the industry? ehh?
his acting is terrible and he always acts in the same dry movie roles.
loverboy loverboy loverboy, yawn yawn yawn
i stopped watching any movie with him in it because its usually the SAME THING.
i really dont see how he got this award.
tufia!
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by Nobody: 2:34pm On Dec 18, 2009
am happy for Van he has make a name for himself in quit a short
time. but acting wise, the guy called Mike Ezuronye should have got it
damn he was good in the celebrity never the less, my Van deserve it as well.
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by ifyalways(f): 4:11pm On Dec 18, 2009
@Poster,Van is NOT a ghanaian please.Hes from Liberia.
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by THEAMAKA1: 4:12pm On Dec 18, 2009
ifyalways:

@Poster,Van is NOT a ghanaian please.Hes from Liberia.
LMFAO!! what?
he even said so himself (in this video that i watced on youtube way back when) that he was ghanaian/liberian/dutch
but he was raised in ghana.
where are you getting your "facts" from?
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by ifyalways(f): 4:15pm On Dec 18, 2009
Amaka u are fast ooo,i just read where he said thanks to his Ghanaina bros and sisters but the truth is that hes from Liberia,married to a ghana lady.End of tori.
He can say hes from Ghana though,his life to live.I only commented cos i thot it was the posters conception.
Now go LMFAO somewhere else.
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by THEAMAKA1: 4:18pm On Dec 18, 2009
actually, no. lol ill "LMFAO" right here.
his MOTHER is ghanaiana and liberian and his father is dutch.
he was raised in ghana cause thats where his mom was living.
so at the end of the day he is more ghanaian than anything else.
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by shetani: 6:06pm On Dec 18, 2009
why was majid Michel not nominated for the same category?
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by Borat1: 6:12pm On Dec 18, 2009
THE.AMAKA:

actually, no. lol ill "LMFAO" right here.
[b]his MOTHER is ghanaiana and liberian [/b]and his father is dutch.
he was raised in ghana cause thats where his mom was living.
so at the end of the day he is more ghanaian than anything else.

Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by THEAMAKA1: 11:32pm On Dec 18, 2009
shetani:

why was majid Michel not nominated for the same category?
i believe him and a few others deserved it more.
he has been taking on more challening roles and DIFFERENT kinds at that.
van does the same thing; crying and being a loverboy.
majid has acted in some of the best movies such as Guilty Pleasures, Emerald, Shakira, Heart of Men, ect ect. . .
hm! some people sef.

~Borat~:

why are you confused? he said so himself.
his mother is half liberian and half ghanaian and his father is dutch.
his mother was raised and got married in ghana and thats where van was as well raised.
whats so confusing about that?
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by Nobody: 11:36pm On Dec 18, 2009
I don't see what women see in that guy. He is just a midget yellow sisi.
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by africhika(f): 1:30am On Dec 19, 2009
^me two!!!!!

van proudly reps Ghana, not liberia.

i hear a lot of nollywood actors are upset about this. folks don't think van can act. Mike Ezeruonye def. should have got it.
Van and Ramsey-- i refuse to watch their films tongue
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by THEAMAKA1: 1:33am On Dec 19, 2009
africhika:

^me two!!!!!

van proudly reps Ghana, not liberia.

i hear a lot of nollywood actors are upset about this. folks don't think van can act. Mike Ezeruonye def. should have got it.
Van and Ramsey-- i refuse to watch their films tongue

thats exactly why i said this is a shallow world!!
everything is because of looks? nowadays people win based on what they look like. so many talentless jargons taking over the entertainment industry. and not just nollywood but the west included (well at least with music)
i remember back then whether you were ugly or not, you got what you deserved based on your talent.
HE CANNOT ACT. im actually kinda pissed at this, so let me vent here.

i know that others were probably thinking "wtf" when he won.
he obviously didnt deserve it, LET ALONE BE NOMINATED!
when he can start taking on more movie roles like majid michel (and be good at it) then we can talk about winning awards.

Organized by Mode Men magazine, the award was designed to celebrated men, who have profoundly affected lives in their society within the current year.
and i wonder how he did that? ehh? did i miss somethig?   undecided
wasnt it one of the best actors, majid michel, that went to LIBERIA with jackie, rita dominic, desmond elliott, and nonso diobi to help out with the children and what not?
all of them did charity work this year, and van is nowhere to be found.
kai, some people sef.
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by freecocoa(f): 3:17am On Dec 19, 2009
The dude is cool,u guyz dnt have 2 hate.
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by THEAMAKA1: 3:25am On Dec 19, 2009
i knew someone would come in here with a "hating" comment.
lol
and i bet he's "cool" based on his looks right? or i know we arent talking about his acting here, are we? LOLOLOL!!!
please, lets be honest here, he cant act for shizz.
have you watched any of his movies at all? dont you ever get tired of watching the same crap he acts in all the time? crying and being heartbroken or getting married and cheating, yawn yawn yawn. . .
tell me one challenging role that he did (and did well) in which he deserved the award over better candidates like mike ezuronye, majid michel, and possibly even desmond.  undecided
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by BeBlessed2: 4:57pm On Dec 19, 2009
Congrate to Him
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by CarlosVent(m): 5:06pm On Dec 19, 2009
hmmm well since he won kudos to him but it shouldn't be him shaaaaa
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by bixbite: 5:15pm On Dec 19, 2009
hey amaka take it easy i agree wit the dude who says u shd stop hating,like it or not this guy is the hotest tin in nollywood.and as for the roles he b plays,he isnt to b blamed 4 it the industry is made up of up traders lookin 4 fast bucks. smiley
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by THEAMAKA1: 5:49pm On Dec 19, 2009
bixbite:

hey amaka take it easy i agree wit the dude who says u shd stop hating,like it or not this guy is the hotest tin in nollywood.and as for the roles he b plays,he isnt to b blamed 4 it the industry is made up of up traders lookin 4 fast bucks. smiley
first of all, do you know the definition of "hating" ?? huh??
and second of all he is the "hottest" thing based on looks. and dont even make me start with acting.
tell me one movie he did that put him out in front of others, and i will leave this alone.
totally unfair.
@ the bolded part
and thats an excuse? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! just admit he sucks as an actor and siddon jare.

let me quote myself.  tongue

THE.AMAKA:

thats exactly why i said this is a shallow world!!
everything is because of looks? nowadays people win based on what they look like. so many talentless jargons taking over the entertainment industry. and not just nollywood but the west included (well at least with music)
i remember back then whether you were ugly or not, you got what you deserved based on your talent.
HE CANNOT ACT. im actually kinda pissed at this, so let me vent here.

i know that others were probably thinking "wtf" when he won.
he obviously didnt deserve it, LET ALONE BE NOMINATED!
when he can start taking on more movie roles like majid michel (and be good at it) then we can talk about winning awards.

and i wonder how he did that? ehh? did i miss somethig?   undecided
wasnt it one of the best actors, majid michel, that went to LIBERIA with jackie, rita dominic, desmond elliott, and nonso diobi to help out with the children and what not?
all of them did charity work this year, and van is nowhere to be found.
kai, some people sef.
cool
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by manny4life(m): 6:19pm On Dec 19, 2009
I agree with you, I mean if they were referring to the award based upon community service work and he hasn't done any, then yes he did not deserve it. However, he looks cute no offense y'all, but I think we have far better diverse actors with different skills and talent than him. Anyway congratulations to him.
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by SmashingM(f): 6:42pm On Dec 19, 2009
Looks fake, even in pictures.
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by oge4real(f): 6:47pm On Dec 19, 2009
Van Vicker, best actor? What a joke!
He should have contested most handsome, but his acting is very annoyingingly predictable and boring too.
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by londoner: 7:41pm On Dec 19, 2009
Are you kidding me? There is no way he is even half as good as
Mike, they just dashed him the award. Anyhoo, he is ok I guess.
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by Eaglebabe: 7:51pm On Dec 19, 2009
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by daisies: 7:54pm On Dec 19, 2009
[email][/email]  i dont know how a ghanian will be winning awards in our own country. its really sad!
Re: Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award by daisies: 7:57pm On Dec 19, 2009
as far as daises is concerned, its bull to the shit!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

“i’m Still A Virgin” – Chidinma Cries Out / HOT: Unbelievable; Nengi Goes Naked In Bedroom / South African Local Artists Celebrate "World Naked Hiking Day" Nude (PIX)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.