Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,189 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:23 AM

Sex And Consent In Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Sex And Consent In Marriage (3959 Views)

Indian Man To Sue His Parents For Giving Birth To Him Without His Consent / Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent / My Husband Donated His Sperm For IVF Without My Consent -nigerian Lady Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sex And Consent In Marriage by bukatyne(f): 5:12pm On Mar 13, 2017
This Keen & Tboss' scandal brought up the now popular 'no is no' in relation to sex generally and I came across a post today which reminded me of it. (A husband's spreadsheet flying around of a wife's rejection)

I am however concerned with marriage. Some peeps are of the thought that when a wife says no, no is no. Ditto a husband. Now I wonder, where is the place of persuasion and seduction in marriage?

If I tell my husband no at first, shouldn't he try to seduce me into making love to him? Will he just try twice & say ok, she's said no? I am truly not be in the mood initially however a little seduction can turn me on

I can't imagine my husband telling me no without a cogent reason (and i decide the reason that is grin) and I just let him be? Whatever happened to old good Mouth Gig? lipsrsealed

I am not encouraging forceful pentrations or violence where a party ends up with bruises; I nor dey dere.....
I am talking of seducing your partner and turning their no to yes...

Or just even doing it whether you are in the mood or not. Get lubricants and use it if you are not jn the mood.... might even enter the mood before the game is over.

Like I read once.... when your husband makes advances, say to yourself that you are not in the mood YET and let him work his magic. (If he has sha).

So for no is no proponents, if your wife/husband constantly says no, what do you do? (And cheating is not an option).
Re: Sex And Consent In Marriage by Rukkydelta(f): 5:15pm On Mar 13, 2017
At times I wonder why sex is a problem in marriage?
Cos when married his body is her's and her body is his
Don't know why couples deny each other of their conjugal rights
Doesn't make sense to me

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sex And Consent In Marriage by Cutehector(m): 5:17pm On Mar 13, 2017
Ladies be saying they want a God fearing man but don't fear d lord admonished them not to deny their husbands their bodies

1 Like

Re: Sex And Consent In Marriage by Cutehector(m): 5:18pm On Mar 13, 2017
Rukkydelta:
Cos when married his body is her's and her body his
dats d reason why I want to marry a woman who will even be begging me to do cheesy
Re: Sex And Consent In Marriage by Rukkydelta(f): 5:21pm On Mar 13, 2017
Cutehector:
dats d reason why I want to marry a woman who will even be begging me to do cheesy
Be careful in your search to avoid getting married to a nymph
Cos if you do OYO is your name

6 Likes

Re: Sex And Consent In Marriage by Cutehector(m): 5:22pm On Mar 13, 2017
Rukkydelta:

Be careful in your search to avoid getting married to a nymph
Cos if you do OYO is your name
na wetin I want sef. ..

1 Like

Re: Sex And Consent In Marriage by bukatyne(f): 5:23pm On Mar 13, 2017
Rukkydelta:
Cos when married his body is her's and her body is his
Doesn't make sense to me

As so sex sweet you two reach? Just kiddinggrin

I also wonder too and can relate to fornication more than adultery.

Too much bad blood, bad skills, cheating, tired, mismatched sex drive, hoarding it to keep the other submissive etc.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sex And Consent In Marriage by Nobody: 5:26pm On Mar 13, 2017
bukatyne:
This Keen & Tboss' scandal brought up the now popular 'no is no' in relation to sex generally and I came across a post today which reminded me of it. (A husband's spreadsheet flying around of a wife's rejection)

I am however concerned with marriage. Some peeps are of the thought that when a wife says no, no is no. Ditto a husband. Now I wonder, where is the place of persuasion and seduction in marriage?

If I tell my husband no at first, shouldn't he try to seduce me into making love to him? Will he just try twice & say ok, she's said no? I am truly not be in the mood initially however a little seduction can turn me on

I can't imagine my husband telling me no without a cogent reason (and i decide the reason that is grin) and I just let him be? Whatever happened to old good Mouth Gig? lipsrsealed

I am not encouraging forceful pentrations or violence where a party ends up with bruises; I nor dey dere.....
I am talking of seducing your partner and turning their no to yes...

Or just even doing it whether you are in the mood or not. Get lubricants and use it if you are not jn the mood.... might even enter the mood before the game is over.

Like I read once.... when your husband makes advances, say to yourself that you are not in the mood YET and let him work his magic. (If he has sha).

So for no is no proponents, if your wife/husband constantly says no, what do you do? (And cheating is not an option).

Feminist said we men should take NO as NO and anything further than that is rape, so you can blame us.

1 Like

Re: Sex And Consent In Marriage by bukatyne(f): 5:29pm On Mar 13, 2017
pcguru1:

Feminist said we men should take NO as NO and anything further than that is rapw, so you can blame us.

Which feminists?

Please note I am against rape. Just that my definition of rape might be different from no is no proponents.

If there are no bruises or signs of violence, well.

And like someone said, 'you can't rape the willing'.

Perhaps couples should be more willing to make love to each other.

2 Likes

Re: Sex And Consent In Marriage by bukatyne(f): 5:41pm On Mar 13, 2017
Cutehector:
Ladies be saying they want a God fearing man but don't fear d lord admonished them not to deny their husbands their bodies

Lol!
Re: Sex And Consent In Marriage by bukatyne(f): 5:58pm On Mar 13, 2017
Cc: Acidosis. ..

This and wives putting up their husbands on their DP will stop killing marriages abi?

Just yanking your chain tongue
Re: Sex And Consent In Marriage by Acidosis(m): 6:22pm On Mar 13, 2017
bukatyne:
Cc: Acidosis. ..

This and wives putting up their husbands on their DP will stop killing marriages abi?

Just yanking your chain tongue

Absolutely!! I agree with you

In fact, intimacy would be sweeter when one party isn't in the mood but willing to allow the other have his/her way through gentle seduction.

I think the word r. ape needs to be defined properly in marriage. For the singles who aren't in any relationship, they should learn to accept No as No!
Re: Sex And Consent In Marriage by tosyne2much(m): 6:40pm On Mar 13, 2017
It baffles me when people get married and one party starves the other party of his or her conjugal right, cos I used to think such thing only happens in "boyfriend and girlfriend relationship"

Some ladies naturally do not enjoy sex and they will end up frustrating their husbands with konji.. That's why every man should try to know the sexually capacity of the lady he wants to marry so that he will not be starved of sex in marriage

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sex And Consent In Marriage by snakebeat: 6:44pm On Mar 13, 2017
tosyne2much:
It baffles me when people get married and one party starves the other party of his or her conjugal right, cos I used to think such thing only happens in "boyfriend and girlfriend relationship"

Some ladies naturally do not enjoy sex and they will end up frustrating their husbands with konji.. That's why every man should try to know the sexually capacity of the lady he wants to marry so that he will not be starved of sex in marriage
Good one
Re: Sex And Consent In Marriage by Cutehector(m): 6:47pm On Mar 13, 2017
tosyne2much:

what if she wants to know ur sexual capacity before marriage? grin

1 Like

Re: Sex And Consent In Marriage by tosyne2much(m): 6:49pm On Mar 13, 2017
Cutehector:
what if she wants to know ur sexual capacity before marriage? grin
I never bleep before and will never do that until wedding night cool

1 Like

Re: Sex And Consent In Marriage by Cutehector(m): 6:50pm On Mar 13, 2017
tosyne2much:
lwkmd...

1 Like

Re: Sex And Consent In Marriage by tosyne2much(m): 6:51pm On Mar 13, 2017
Cutehector:
lwkmd...
You dey laugh ni? cheesy
Re: Sex And Consent In Marriage by Cutehector(m): 6:54pm On Mar 13, 2017
tosyne2much:
You dey laugh ni? cheesy
Ehen na.... How will u be able to know where the kitty is grin

1 Like

Re: Sex And Consent In Marriage by tosyne2much(m): 7:00pm On Mar 13, 2017
Cutehector:
Ehen na.... How will u be able to know where the kitty is grin
Omo name true oooo... E go Use style hard ooo... Make i ask this babe

Cc
Bukatyne
Re: Sex And Consent In Marriage by Cutehector(m): 7:02pm On Mar 13, 2017
tosyne2much:
Omo name true oooo... E go Use style hard ooo... Make i ask this babe

Cc
Bukatyne
so dat u don't go insert ur dick into d anus.... grin u have to take a torchlite to find d exact hole u know grin
Re: Sex And Consent In Marriage by Olu317(m): 7:20pm On Mar 13, 2017
tosyne2much:

perfect truth

2 Likes

Re: Sex And Consent In Marriage by bukatyne(f): 8:21pm On Mar 13, 2017
Acidosis:

Absolutely!! I agree with you

In fact, intimacy would be sweeter when one party isn't in the mood but willing to allow the other have his/her way through gentle seduction.

I think the word r. ape needs to be defined properly in marriage. For the singles who aren't in any relationship, they should learn to accept No as No!

I just knew you would agree grin
Re: Sex And Consent In Marriage by Acidosis(m): 8:23pm On Mar 13, 2017
bukatyne:

I just knew you would agree grin
grin grin grin grin
Re: Sex And Consent In Marriage by jashar(f): 8:28pm On Mar 13, 2017
Hmmm...
Re: Sex And Consent In Marriage by bukatyne(f): 8:33pm On Mar 13, 2017
tosyne2much:

1. Some ladies naturally do not enjoy sex and they will end up frustrating their husbands with konji.. That's why every man should try to know the sexually capacity of the lady he wants to marry so that he will not be starved of sex in marriage

1. I doubt there is any lady who do not naturally enjoy sex; God intended sex to be very pleasurable and created the male & female sex.ual organs to drive pleasure.

Any lady who does not enjoy sex has underlying issues ranging from rape to abuse to medical issues to not loving/feeling the husband to a selfish lover. Such a lady needs to work with her husband to resolve whatever issues she has.

Unfortunately, testing sexual 'compatibility' before marriage does not solve the issue.... infact, most people who have sex before marriage do so for pleasure or check the fertility of both parties. I have never heard of someone who wants to have se.X with an intended to find out if they are sexually compatible.

What if a lady knows her intended wants to test how compatible they are and she pretends to like sex and even moans in pleasure and after marriage locks up? What if the guy likes ana.l and pretends till they I do? What if the guy wants se.X 50 times a month and pretends to be satisfied with 20?

What if they are truly compatible and after 2 kids, a lost job and dwindling finances, the libido disappears?

Besides, you have to realize that what turns you on at 20 will not turn you on at 30 or 35. You both need to continually discover yourselves sexually to have a sexually fulfilling marriage

So my friend, pre-martial se.x is not the answer.

Cc: Olu317 and snakebeat

8 Likes

Re: Sex And Consent In Marriage by bukatyne(f): 8:35pm On Mar 13, 2017
jashar:
Hmmm...

Spill it out

What are you thinking?
Re: Sex And Consent In Marriage by bukatyne(f): 8:36pm On Mar 13, 2017
Acidosis:

grin grin grin grin

So what's your definition of rape in marriage?
Re: Sex And Consent In Marriage by tosyne2much(m): 8:52pm On Mar 13, 2017
bukatyne:

1. I doubt there is any lady who do not naturally enjoy sex; God intended sex to be very pleasurable and created the male & female sex.ual organs to drive pleasure.

Any lady who does not enjoy sex has underlying issues ranging from rape to abuse to medical issues to not loving/feeling the husband to a selfish lover. Such a lady needs to work with her husband to resolve whatever issues she has.

Unfortunately, testing sexual 'compatibility' before marriage does not solve the issue.... infact, most people who have sex before marriage do so for pleasure or check the fertility of both parties. I have never heard of someone who wants to have se.X with an intended to find out if they are sexually compatible.

What if a lady knows her intended wants to test how compatible they are and she pretends to like sex and even moans in pleasure and after marriage locks up? What if the guy likes ana.l and pretends till they I do? What if the guy wants se.X 50 times a month and pretends to be satisfied with 20?

What if they are truly compatible and after 2 kids, a lost job and dwindling finances, the libido disappears?

Besides, you have to realize that what turns you on at 20 will not turn you on at 30 or 35. You both need to continually discover yourselves sexually to have a sexually fulfilling marriage

So my friend, pre-martial se.x is not the answer.

Cc: Olu317 and snakebeat
Very insightful comment... I think you got me wrong by thinking that I advocated premarital sex as the way forward in my comment.. I never said that

I was only trying to say that there are various ways a dude can at least know if a lady has a boring sex life. It might just be through intimate conversations, through cuddling and perhaps, through other areas
Re: Sex And Consent In Marriage by Acidosis(m): 8:52pm On Mar 13, 2017
bukatyne:

So what's your definition of rape in marriage?
Hmnn

I think it is forceful/hurtful s .ex, absence of seduction.
Re: Sex And Consent In Marriage by Nobody: 9:22pm On Mar 13, 2017
Consent in marriage is delicate, I feel if there is no physical hurt, bruise or harm whatsoever_ there isn't much cause for alarm.
I am not entirely a no-is-no ambassador. I would definitely try to seduce. I love to turn his NO to YES and I love when he does same. Sometimes the 'chase' makes it more fun. Now, if a man or woman seduces the spouse, climbs atop or any position they want and the other doesn't respond favourably, there are deeper issues that should be looked into by the couple(s). Issues deeper than CONSENT. In such a situation, one should naturally let the other be.

There is no strong comparison between boyfriend-girlfriend relationship and marriage. In a bf/gf relationship, you most times don't live together, she isn't expected to be submissive or all those laid down rules. In an average marriage, a woman is expected to cook, clean, handle the kids, home...work, manage in-laws, finance, pray against karashikas_ it's not easy. No gf does this, that's the difference.
A man on his part,is thinking of projects, nuclear and extended family finance/expenditures...work, kids...etc. Not easy on his part too.
There comes the disconnect, couples are so busy chasing things that should ordinarily better the home at the expense of the 'home'
I advise we deviate a little from the stereotypical roles, help each other, spice up our marital love life, go on dates, vacations...etc. It definitely gets boring with time, that's when consent (disconnect) starts becoming an issue in marriage.
Instead of advising the man to get a sidechick or telling the wife to focus on her kids_ they should be more focused on rediscovering their sex life.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sex And Consent In Marriage by Nobody: 9:40pm On Mar 13, 2017
tosyne2much:
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Infact sef,
Rihanna na virgin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Doctor In USA Abandon Family,rushed Down To His Village To Farm. / A Touching Letter From A Sex-starved Husband To His Wife / Please I Need Help. I Think Im Being Too Harsh On Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.