Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,699 members, 7,802,065 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:37 AM

A Poem On Pride - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / A Poem On Pride (604 Views)

Poem On Rape By E_poetry / Inspirational Poem On Cruelty Of Life / A Poem On Dysmenorrhea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Poem On Pride by Okoroyvonne: 10:00pm On Mar 13, 2017
The word “pride” can mean positively “a sense of one’s worth, noble self esteem and proud delight _ in good sense” but it means negative when it becomes “the state of being proud, an unreasonable conceit of one’s own superiority in talents, beauty, wealth, rank, etc which manifests itself in distance and often contempt of other.” It is good to have a sense of pride in yourself but when it causes you to neglect people (like the rich man in the Bible that never helped Lazarus), it becomes a problem. Being proud has caused people to lose somethings that are precious to them, it is a bad adjective to use in qualifying someone (negatively).

This poem is written by me to reflect the bad sides of ‘Pride’
http://www.okoroyvonne.com/2017/03/13/i-am-pride/

(1) (Reply)

M/v Jesus / a Poem For A Nairalander's Son,J.J / H.i.v

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.