Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,273 members, 7,807,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:39 PM

Removable Vs Non-removable Battery Phones; Which One To Choose? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Removable Vs Non-removable Battery Phones; Which One To Choose? (17122 Views)

Between Infinix And Tecno Phones Which Is Better / Between Infinix And Xiaomi Phones, Which One Is Better / What Do You Do When Your Phone With A Non Removable Battery Falls Into Water?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Removable Vs Non-removable Battery Phones; Which One To Choose? by Gsmbasics: 6:56am On Mar 14, 2017
It has often been a complication while choosing a smartphone. The confusion intensifies whenever we are simply asked to choose between a mobile device with a removable battery and a mobile phone with non-removable battery.

Formerly very few Smartphones had a removable battery, but nowadays phones like Infinix Tecno InnJoo that has non-removable batteries are growing in number. This has resulted in a big issue in the head of the customer's.

The smartphones with non-detachable batteries do offer very high-end performance, whereas the smartphones with a detachable battery can possibly be changed when weakened. Although, it provides high functionality but we just can not neglect the reality how easily the device could be rebooted with a non-detachable battery when it hanged.

Let us imagine your device mistakenly slips into water. And then you won't be able to open its components and allow it get dried up. Or perhaps when your smartphone battery runs out, you can't just insert your extra battery and continue with your task. A couple of your actions are definitely restricted when it involves mobile phones with non-removable batteries.

On the other hand, when a phone with a detachable battery drops into water, you would simply take out the battery, dry out all the parts and if it works then great otherwise you could utilize other things. I still keep that in mind for quite some time, any issue relating to your mobile phone can be fixed by taking out the battery and placing it once again. So do you prefer a removable battery or a non-removable battery? let us know which one you prefer.
http://gsmbasics.com.ng/513/removable-vs-non-removable-battery-which-one-to-choose.html

1 Like

Re: Removable Vs Non-removable Battery Phones; Which One To Choose? by DeBlessedOne(m): 6:58am On Mar 14, 2017
I dedicate this FTC to Apostle Suleman.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Removable Vs Non-removable Battery Phones; Which One To Choose? by Cutehector(m): 7:01am On Mar 14, 2017
Removable

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Removable Vs Non-removable Battery Phones; Which One To Choose? by Tenkobos(m): 7:01am On Mar 14, 2017
A faulty charging port on phones with no removable battery renders the entire phone useless

18 Likes

Re: Removable Vs Non-removable Battery Phones; Which One To Choose? by SweetBoyFriend(m): 7:19am On Mar 14, 2017

Non removable

Phones with removable batteries were used in 1934

You can change the battery in non battery removable phones if they get faulty

5 Likes

Re: Removable Vs Non-removable Battery Phones; Which One To Choose? by gloryman91: 7:20am On Mar 14, 2017
Stronger Battery is the best.

6 Likes

Re: Removable Vs Non-removable Battery Phones; Which One To Choose? by rawpadgin(m): 7:21am On Mar 14, 2017
i prefer removable battery
Re: Removable Vs Non-removable Battery Phones; Which One To Choose? by Samanza89: 7:23am On Mar 14, 2017
It all depends on the advantages and disadvantages involve.... For me I prefer the removable but am presently using a non removable battery and I have never regretted it for once...

Also note constantly pulling out a phone's battery also reduces the phones life span, and also one problem with a removable battery is that you have to get ready in using paper to pack the battery firmly in due course..

It's a two way coin...

14 Likes

Re: Removable Vs Non-removable Battery Phones; Which One To Choose? by techycontents(m): 7:24am On Mar 14, 2017
Non is Better ..Solar power is Bette
Re: Removable Vs Non-removable Battery Phones; Which One To Choose? by Trybes(m): 7:24am On Mar 14, 2017
I won't accept a non removable battery phone for free

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Removable Vs Non-removable Battery Phones; Which One To Choose? by eleojo23: 7:24am On Mar 14, 2017
Removable is better because it is easier to 'reset' the phone when it is misbehaving by just removing the battery and putting it back.
But for non-removable battery phones, the only way to do that is to press almost all the buttons on the phone simultaneously in order to bring the phone back to it's senses and this can make you loose some files.

I am speaking based on my own experience.

3 Likes

Re: Removable Vs Non-removable Battery Phones; Which One To Choose? by Nobody: 7:25am On Mar 14, 2017
Non-removable of course. No tampering with the battery, no risk of battery theft.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Removable Vs Non-removable Battery Phones; Which One To Choose? by kherlly(m): 7:26am On Mar 14, 2017
Following like tortoise shell

This will surely help me in deciding the fone i will get soon
Re: Removable Vs Non-removable Battery Phones; Which One To Choose? by Nobody: 7:27am On Mar 14, 2017
Non removable battery phones are very prone to hanging....and toba lo hang lasan grin....probably gone wait for the phone to strip off to the last bar

1 Like

Re: Removable Vs Non-removable Battery Phones; Which One To Choose? by IbBarham(m): 7:30am On Mar 14, 2017
Removable battery is better...
Re: Removable Vs Non-removable Battery Phones; Which One To Choose? by elitejosef: 7:30am On Mar 14, 2017
Any one apple (iPhone) feels it's better to me is the best

5 Likes

Re: Removable Vs Non-removable Battery Phones; Which One To Choose? by dardon: 7:32am On Mar 14, 2017
Non removable is often the best... Ask iPhone and Sony

1 Like

Re: Removable Vs Non-removable Battery Phones; Which One To Choose? by sakalisis(m): 7:33am On Mar 14, 2017
non removable
Re: Removable Vs Non-removable Battery Phones; Which One To Choose? by damoneymag(m): 7:37am On Mar 14, 2017
I think the removable battery does it for me.
Re: Removable Vs Non-removable Battery Phones; Which One To Choose? by apoti(m): 7:38am On Mar 14, 2017
The concept of non removable battery started because most phone manufacturers are moving towards water resistant phones. There's no way you can have a water resistant phone with a removable battery.

Whether you like it or not in few years time all phones will have a non removable battery compartment. The water resistant technology is already out there and in high end phones. , More research is just being done to make cheaper then it will become a standard feature in all phones.

6 Likes

Re: Removable Vs Non-removable Battery Phones; Which One To Choose? by Mustack: 7:39am On Mar 14, 2017
I have said withing myself. Removable all the way

1 Like

Re: Removable Vs Non-removable Battery Phones; Which One To Choose? by texazzpete(m): 7:45am On Mar 14, 2017
The trend these days is for phones to be waterproof. A non-removable battery helps with that.

eleojo23:
Removable is better because it is easier to 'reset' the phone when it is misbehaving by just removing the battery and putting it back.
But for non-removable battery phones, the only way to do that is to press almost all the buttons on the phone simultaneously in order to bring the phone back to it's senses and this can make you loose some files.

2undexy:
Non removable battery phones are very prone to hanging....and toba lo hang lasan grin....probably gone wait for the phone to strip off to the last bar

I had to check to be sure we were still in 2017. This type of problem went away years ago...unless you're buying some of the very cheap chinese clones.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Removable Vs Non-removable Battery Phones; Which One To Choose? by BeardedTraveler: 7:50am On Mar 14, 2017
Tenkobos:
A faulty charging port on phones with no removable battery renders the entire phone useless

How does it render it useless? All batteries are removable, it just takes more specialization when it comes to "Non-removable" batteries.

1 Like

Re: Removable Vs Non-removable Battery Phones; Which One To Choose? by pinkhill(f): 7:50am On Mar 14, 2017
I disagree

I used my blackberry Q5 for two years and i never experienced hanging and today i still use a non-removable battery phone.

I hate using paper to shock the battery...
2undexy:

1 Like

Re: Removable Vs Non-removable Battery Phones; Which One To Choose? by femi4: 7:51am On Mar 14, 2017
apoti:
The concept of non removable battery started because most phone manufacturers are moving towards water resistant phones. There's no way you can have a water resistant phone with a removable battery.

Whether you like it or not in few years time all phones will have a non removable battery compartment. The water resistant technology is already out there and in high end phones. , More research is just being done to make cheaper then it will become a standard feature in all phones.
liar....bring your non removable battery, let me put it inside water. In fact water will enter it from the screen

1 Like

Re: Removable Vs Non-removable Battery Phones; Which One To Choose? by Abudu2000(m): 7:51am On Mar 14, 2017
Non removable batteries makes it easier to make water resistant phones, also their batteries are well packed and that increases the battery life as well. However, most phone companies feels that space is wasted when removable batteries are used coz the the little space can be used for much more innovative breakthroughs without making the phone thicker than normal.

That's why the nano sim tech was introduced, coz those little space covers can change the entire tech world, but like the blacks, its very difficult for us adapting to change, we like to stick to the old fashion that's why you still see guys that argue that manual cars are far better than auto drive, give those same people 10 more years then they will come to appreciate auto cars and by then, a newer technology has emerged and then they start to critisize it just the way they did the one they are now using....

Tests are normally carried out for reputable companies(not those chinkos infinix and co) so before a battery is made non-removable, they can garrantee that the battery is probably gonna last more than the phone itself or they might die almost the same time.....

5 Likes

Re: Removable Vs Non-removable Battery Phones; Which One To Choose? by miketayo(m): 7:52am On Mar 14, 2017
eleojo23:

Lolzz there is always a reset button for both removable and non removable battery, just google it.

1 Like

Re: Removable Vs Non-removable Battery Phones; Which One To Choose? by Horlufemi(m): 8:07am On Mar 14, 2017
depends on end user personality.

If you can't afford your phone dying and you like to be prepared for the inevitable and you don't like taking chances or you want to be able to adapt (like . Removable is the way.

If you just wanna live life as it comes and you don't need to be prepared, then non-removable is the way.
Re: Removable Vs Non-removable Battery Phones; Which One To Choose? by blackweaver(m): 8:14am On Mar 14, 2017
miketayo:

Lolzz there is always a reset button for both removable and non removable battery, just google it.

I remember an instance when I flashed a custom rom via twrp on my phone with a non-removable battery. When I restarted the phone it entered a bootloop and I couldn't power it down and it wouldn't enter recovery either . The first time that happened I had to let the battery run down before I could enter recovery and restore my backup.
Later on I found out I could have flashed another rom with spflashtool.
Even then flashing with spflashtool takes a longer time and I will still have to flash back my previous rom. With a removable battery I can just remove the battery, put it back, boot into recovery and restore backup.

I remember another instance where a friends phone had hung and he hadn't been able to power it down. It turned out he needed to put it under a certain amount of illumination before holding the power button long enough would work.

Personally I don't believe one is better than the other, people just have preferences. I prefer removable so I don't have to press a button for a certain amount of time before I can power down a phone.
Re: Removable Vs Non-removable Battery Phones; Which One To Choose? by bongolistik(m): 8:15am On Mar 14, 2017
See the 5 major reasons why people hate phones with non removable battery

http://highteknology.com/2015/03/5-reasons-why-most-people-distaste.html
Re: Removable Vs Non-removable Battery Phones; Which One To Choose? by sajmark(m): 8:20am On Mar 14, 2017
I once bought infinix zero1 and whenever it hangs(hooks) I would wait for like 20 minutes for it to unhang just because I can't remove battery.
REMOVABLE BATTERY is better

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Removable Vs Non-removable Battery Phones; Which One To Choose? by Yorobastard(m): 8:21am On Mar 14, 2017
Removable batteries are better while you are stuck when a non removable battery wears out

Fact is non-removable battery are used to spy on you, remember that your phone can still send out signals even when you think the battery is dead (those who switch off their phones without removing battery during jamb can testify cheesy)

I know those people who use IPhones 4's and 5's willl wish they could change their battery

The only good thing about non removable battery is that it's going to spoil the business for those people selling fake batteries.....shikena

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

7 Things You Should Take Note Of While Shopping For A Phone In Aba / NCC, NIPOST To Verify SIM Card Owners' Addresses / Thanks To Infinix, I Saw Davido Concert Live At 02 Arena

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.