Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,715 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:46 AM

Whatsapp Reintroduces The Old Text Status In The Latest Update - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whatsapp Reintroduces The Old Text Status In The Latest Update (34232 Views)

You Dont Want Your Ex To See Your "Last Seen" Status In Whatsapp. Do This / Whatsapp Introduces Search Group Members To Its Latest Update- (photos) / Why You May Prefer The Old Whatsapp To The Recently Updated One (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whatsapp Reintroduces The Old Text Status In The Latest Update by lawalosky(m): 7:56am On Mar 15, 2017
I am gradually shunning whatsapp,,, there own is getting too much...

2 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Reintroduces The Old Text Status In The Latest Update by MSCollections: 8:03am On Mar 15, 2017
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Whatsapp Reintroduces The Old Text Status In The Latest Update by bukiboy(m): 8:13am On Mar 15, 2017
Oscarpraise:
Nice one from whatsapp, please let the old status bar be introduced, can't wait to use it on my itel S31

What phone is itel S31
Re: Whatsapp Reintroduces The Old Text Status In The Latest Update by Audrinakane(f): 8:15am On Mar 15, 2017
Nice move. I love and miss the old status so I like the idea that it is coming back and that they also kept the video status. At least I won't have unnecessary videos in my phone. I just watch your story and after 24hrs, it will just go.
Re: Whatsapp Reintroduces The Old Text Status In The Latest Update by Riduane: 8:17am On Mar 15, 2017
I prefer this new one to the old one though undecided
Re: Whatsapp Reintroduces The Old Text Status In The Latest Update by maasoap(m): 8:21am On Mar 15, 2017
superfelix:
Whatsapp should address d Contact List too.. if i check a contact, i should stil be in d contact list and not chat, just like d previous versions
Yeah, you right on that one. You check any contact under contact lists, immediately you click back button, you would just find yourself in chat history.
Re: Whatsapp Reintroduces The Old Text Status In The Latest Update by Thedruggist: 8:25am On Mar 15, 2017
I love this
Re: Whatsapp Reintroduces The Old Text Status In The Latest Update by mcstan18(m): 8:28am On Mar 15, 2017
Mustay:
You only need to read the review comments on PlayStore to know how unpopular this move was. I had fears that Facebook's takeover would affect the likeability of the app. The product is unique because it's simple. Trying to be an Instagram, FB, We chat, BBM in one package may spell ⬇ doom. The developers need to take customer inputs seriously.

You forgot to add skype
Re: Whatsapp Reintroduces The Old Text Status In The Latest Update by Godsage(m): 8:32am On Mar 15, 2017
bobbybrown007:
if i were to be him ehn, i would have allowed whatsapp to work on all phones. The more it supports all phones the more money he has

WhatsApp can't work on all phones because of memory capacity of some phones and RAM.
Re: Whatsapp Reintroduces The Old Text Status In The Latest Update by bestspoke: 8:39am On Mar 15, 2017
izzy4shizzy:
What is whatsapp

An app for playing WHOT game

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Reintroduces The Old Text Status In The Latest Update by mohiozua(m): 8:48am On Mar 15, 2017
bestspoke:

An app for playing WHOT game

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Re: Whatsapp Reintroduces The Old Text Status In The Latest Update by KelvinC1(m): 8:52am On Mar 15, 2017
izzy4shizzy:
What is whatsapp
its an APP that has WHAT'S
Re: Whatsapp Reintroduces The Old Text Status In The Latest Update by UncutSk(m): 8:55am On Mar 15, 2017
Noo let them continue with that trash update angry I used to like WhatsApp for simplicity

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Reintroduces The Old Text Status In The Latest Update by bobbybrown007: 8:59am On Mar 15, 2017
Godsage:

WhatsApp can't work on all phones because of memory capacity of some phones and RAM.
dont you no that if it work, people who cannot afford to buy an expensive phone they will be able to use the phone that is compatable to whatsapp.
Re: Whatsapp Reintroduces The Old Text Status In The Latest Update by UncutSk(m): 9:01am On Mar 15, 2017
Riduane:
I prefer this new one to the old one though undecided
childish
Re: Whatsapp Reintroduces The Old Text Status In The Latest Update by Gpac123(m): 9:23am On Mar 15, 2017
Goahead:
That video story or whatever sucks angry
Too childish for my liking, and to even compound my utmost fatuity, the video will disappear after 24 hours like WTF?
So what u are saying now is dat u want the video to there for so long... Haba... Think nau
Re: Whatsapp Reintroduces The Old Text Status In The Latest Update by Timijo(m): 9:45am On Mar 15, 2017
I don't even understand the feature they are referring to. Excuse me, I have a question. How is whatsapp owner making his money?
Re: Whatsapp Reintroduces The Old Text Status In The Latest Update by encryptjay(m): 10:08am On Mar 15, 2017
KennyID17:

As in grin cheesy, how much them dey pay them? Lemme too b hyping iTel like this grin
Asin, their ads dey funny.
"I wanted to eat so I received a call on my Itel S31."
"Just checked today's date on my Itel S31."
grin
Re: Whatsapp Reintroduces The Old Text Status In The Latest Update by Reediano(m): 10:16am On Mar 15, 2017
encryptjay:

Asin, their ads dey funny.
"I wanted to eat so I received a call on my Itel S31."
"Just checked today's date on my Itel S31."
grin

This really cracked me up grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Reintroduces The Old Text Status In The Latest Update by CellTabRepairs: 10:24am On Mar 15, 2017
Technology evolves and undergoes reviews and testing with user experience as priority...it's in order!

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
Are U looking for a job? Between 18-50 yrs?Are U a graduate or secondary school leaver?Are U retired, sacked or tired of salary work? U want a biz with high returns, skill as capital, lowest startup costs? ■Make average10k ($30-$50)or more daily■Meet high net worth individuals[opportunities in people]■Grow in IT knowledge■Be highly sought after [Money looking for U].■Employ others! Just get "Mobile Phones & Tablets Repairs : A Complete Guide for Beginners and Professionals" from Amazon marketplaces, Barnes & Noble, eBay etc today & LEARN HOW TO EARN thru this bestselling book! Don't waste 1 WHOLE yr waiting for a (THAT) job !

Click My Name & View That Resource You Need!
Re: Whatsapp Reintroduces The Old Text Status In The Latest Update by Nobody: 10:29am On Mar 15, 2017
why would they even want to copy snap chat in the first place? the simplicity of whatsapp is what makes people love it. facebook people had better not bring bad luck to whatsapp
Re: Whatsapp Reintroduces The Old Text Status In The Latest Update by oluwadubem: 11:08am On Mar 15, 2017
Godsage:

Manny I think it can work in all phone that support internet,not that china phones,I mean symbian,java and more,don't 4get that whatsapp has support symbian/java phones b4 if not bcuz of the madness that came over them and they start to copy some some app like imo/snap and others and one of the feature was video call and all phone does not support secondary camera,but apart from that if they still want it to support phone with row ram and phone without secondary camera what they need to do is to build version by version,doh 2go chat was not that interesting nawadaiz but the chat is one of the chat I respect 100%,when 2go was first lunch there is nothing like andriod phone and the chat support both java/symbian os/blackberry/i os,they build it version by version when andriod device start to gain ground in tech market they also build 2go version for andriod and when you view those version you will notice they are not desame with java/symbia version that 2go chat for andriod have more features than java/symbia,even uptill today is still like that,they did it bcuz they don't want to loose users,assuming that 2go back in the days only support symbian phones how many people will used it,now that whatsapp have end support in some phones don't you know how many users that have lost access to whatsapp,when whatsapp was first introduce it was said to be a simple messaging app but now all am seeing is to turn it to social media,mayb soon they will even start selling ads

#peace#

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Reintroduces The Old Text Status In The Latest Update by NarnieSnyper(m): 11:29am On Mar 15, 2017
What kinda rubbish is this na undecided I just wasted about 25mb downloading the stupid version days back and now they've returned to the old one. With which person data kwanu undecided
Mtscheww!

#cursing under his breath....typing "whatsapp" on play store.......downloading app#
Re: Whatsapp Reintroduces The Old Text Status In The Latest Update by McRalph(m): 12:45pm On Mar 15, 2017
superfelix:
Whatsapp should address d Contact List too.. if i check a contact, i should stil be in d contact list and not chat, just like d previous versions
Can't agree less ooo
Re: Whatsapp Reintroduces The Old Text Status In The Latest Update by Nobody: 2:41pm On Mar 15, 2017
Goahead:
That video story or whatever sucks angry
Too childish for my liking, and to even compound my utmost fatuity, the video will disappear after 24 hours like WTF?
Chai shocked That grammar's got my dog sneezing grin
Re: Whatsapp Reintroduces The Old Text Status In The Latest Update by Nobody: 3:46pm On Mar 15, 2017
OCTAVO:
Cool.
The only reliable data seller on Nairaland

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Reintroduces The Old Text Status In The Latest Update by Reediano(m): 6:00pm On Mar 15, 2017
QuitNotice:
Chai shocked That grammar's got my dog sneezing grin

Hahahaha grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Reintroduces The Old Text Status In The Latest Update by forbisi: 7:54am On Mar 16, 2017
Mustay:
You only need to read the review comments on PlayStore to know how unpopular this move was. I had fears that Facebook's takeover would affect the likeability of the app. The product is unique because it's simple. Trying to be an Instagram, FB, We chat, BBM in one package may spell ⬇ doom. The developers need to take customer inputs seriously.

The new version is so irritating. I don't know why they can't just leave it as a simple chat app. Who cares about their stupid 24hr video status? It's really horrible they took away the contract list. They are more concerned about making money then the needs of their customers. I wanted to lodge a complain and saw in their FAQs they stated that "it is impossible to bring back the contract list" idiots
Re: Whatsapp Reintroduces The Old Text Status In The Latest Update by Nobody: 9:54am On Mar 16, 2017
NarnieSnyper:
What kinda rubbish is this na undecided I just wasted about 25mb downloading the stupid version days back and now they've returned to the old one. With which person data kwanu undecided
Mtscheww!

#cursing under his breath....typing "whatsapp" on play store.......downloading app#
grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Samsung Galaxy S6's Earphones [Pictures] / Infinix Hot 7 And Infinix Hot 7 Pro Specs : Upcoming Infinix Smartphone In 2019 / How Do I Fix Terribly Slow Glo Internet Connection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.