Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,092 members, 7,807,265 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:43 AM

An Evolving Religion- Cc Deepsight, Viaro, Mavenbox, - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / An Evolving Religion- Cc Deepsight, Viaro, Mavenbox, (1756 Views)

New Poison Frog Species Evolving Before Our Eyes, Study Says / Creationist Mum Audits Evolving Earth Exihibit / A New Religion Is Evolving (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Evolving Religion- Cc Deepsight, Viaro, Mavenbox, by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:08am On Dec 18, 2009
In a response to the thread on the rudiments of salvation, I would like to ask your intellectual highness-es what chance the average christian has to understand these things. As an advocate of the KISS method, it seems as each day passes Christianity has evolved into this very complicated religion that takes loads and loads of exegesis, interpretations and so on. I don't even think King James knew about the bible as much as some of you do, there was a time on this forum when I used to be bothered about who said what and when it was said until someday I just realised that it was never going to end, these verses would be twisted and twisted and twisted until it would mean something to viaro and then mavenbox picks it up from there and begins her own analysis grin grin grin grin grin

Anyway back to being serious, I asked viaro on the other thread what chance a christian has in a very rural church in the amazon forest of south America, or maybe in the Himalayas. So I would like to understand how you see these issues.

Gracias.
Re: An Evolving Religion- Cc Deepsight, Viaro, Mavenbox, by DeepSight(m): 11:55am On Dec 18, 2009
The truth is that no amount of intellectualism can save anyone, if anything at all i am certain that it stands in the way. That simple rural person stands a much better chance of finding and understanding Truth in all its great simplicity than any erudition can muster.

That's why i despise the sort of christianity that requires people to accept dogma they know nothing about.

Why should anyone for eaxample have to know anything about ANY of the following rituals -

1. Supposed Adamic sin, via which the entire human race is labelled "guilty."

2. Animal Sacrifices (OT) for temporary freedom from that supposed guilt

3. The supposed incarnation of the Almighty GOD on earth as a Jewish man. . . (Olumba Olumba Obu. . . Guru Maharaji. . . similar claims. . .)

4. The supposed immaculate conception via which the said Jewish man entered the world without any prior act of copulation on the part of his supposed parents

5. The judicial murder of that Jewish man along with some criminals and the supposition that the murder in question amounts to "salvation" for the whole world

6. The paganistic Trinity Doctrine

Altogether you will agree that these things read similar to some psuedo oriental myth. But the force of history is such that these things are cherished as inviolable truth. A few days ago i told my colleague that the Bible does not teach that Jesus is God. She glared at me with wide eyed consternation and asked me to keep my distance, for such heresy. This same person will scoff at the claims of Olumba Olumba Obu to be God, forgetting that if a foreign nation invaded Nigeria today, and adopetd Olumba Obu's sect as its state religion, hundreds of years down the line many millions of people influenced by that foreign power would believe unconditionlly and dogmatocally that Olumba Olumba Obu is God.

It would have been comical if it were not so sad. The sad bit being that millions of people actually feel free to lead thoroughly sinful lives on the presupposition that Christ "has saved them" already on the cross.

Love, and only love is the way.
Re: An Evolving Religion- Cc Deepsight, Viaro, Mavenbox, by Tudor6(f): 12:23pm On Dec 18, 2009
The illiterates amongst us are just expected to believe without whether they understand or not. . .if they don't believe, they are doomed to hell.
Re: An Evolving Religion- Cc Deepsight, Viaro, Mavenbox, by Chrisbenogor(m): 1:11pm On Dec 18, 2009
I share your sentiments, all the interpretations that have been going on here is sometimes too complicated for me to follow and then I begin to wonder what it will be like for the rural man. I face that challenge most times, for instance an elderly aunt visits and asks me if I pray and when I say no she asks why, I say I do not believe in her God and she asks me why again, at that point I know explaining the TOE or whatever complicated reason I have would do no justice I have to try my best and tone the whole thing down to at least the rural way she is used to and that is a big task. So I wonder if someone who did not believe that we had to pay tithes was to explain to a villager, how would you go about it?

Furthermore it makes me wonder if certain parts of the "crucial" parts of their religion would not be missed by those who are not the elite, and as such these people are left to accept whatever version they find.

I am just wondering out aloud.
Re: An Evolving Religion- Cc Deepsight, Viaro, Mavenbox, by KunleOshob(m): 1:14pm On Dec 18, 2009
The truth is that the gospel that Jesus preached was a very simple one yet very deep. I think it is the church that complicated the religion by adding so many twists and turns to it. The gospel of Jesus christ is centred purely on the four gospels in the bible and it is explained and demonstrated by the writings and works of the apostles. The true christian reigion was beautifully summarized by James[the brother of Jesus] in his epistle and there is nothing complicated or evolving about it. The principles inherent in it remain evergreen forever. The christian religion is defined as thus:
James 1:27:
27 Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you.

It is very sad that main stream christianity has departed from this biblical fact and instead they focus on issues[like tithes] that have absolutely no bearing on true christianity or the doctrines Jesus and his apostles taught us. The voluminous nature of the bible itself does not help as there are to many distractions in it that pastors use to sway people away from the crux of the matter. As far as i am concerned christian doctrine should be taken purely from the teachings of christ, the teachings of the apostles are complimentary and when there is a seeming difference in the teachings like in the way to salvation, then the teachings of christ takes precedence. There is only one gospel and that is the gospel of the kingdom of God. All others being manufactured today like prosperity gospel are from the pits of hell and are being preached by agents of the devil who are trying to lead christians into marmon worship.
Re: An Evolving Religion- Cc Deepsight, Viaro, Mavenbox, by Krayola(m): 1:17pm On Dec 18, 2009
The Gospel of John 

The highest Christology

“Low Christology”/ “High Christology”

“Christology” – the theological understanding of “the Christ” – what Messiahship means.
“Low Christology” – a Christology “from below”: based on the understanding of the historical Jesus’ earliest followers.
Titles: messiah, rabbi, prophet, son of man, lord, son of God (the latter two without theological definition).
Characteristics of Jesus: a charismatic teacher, healer, worker of miracles, messiah, raised from death by God.
“Low Christology” is characteristic of the Synoptic tradition.

Matthew and Luke add a divine origin to Jesus’ birth: son of God from his conception – his virginal conception -- (but still without theological definition).

“High Christology” – a Christology “from above”: based on visions, personal revelations, less (or not at all) on historical testimony.
Titles: Savior, Lord, Son of God, Word of God, Lamb of God, Equal to the Father, and finally, God.
Characteristics: divine figure in human form (incarnate God), absolute knowledge of others, power over life and death.
“High Christology” is characteristic of Paul and of Gospel of John.

The Fourth Gospel
A very different Jesus from the Synoptic gospels.
Written in opposition to the Synoptics?
Last written of the canonical gospels.
From perspective of Gospel of John, did the Synoptics get Jesus wrong?
Written in a culture with different philosophical, cultural expectations.
But also written in opposition to Gnosticism and gnostic Christology.
Jesus is human, has human flesh, but is essentially God.
Instead of pericopés of teaching that go back to the historical Jesus, long theological discourses --
-- mainly centering on Jesus’ identity and nature.

John and the Synoptics
About 90 percent different from Synoptics.
Most of that 10 percent overlap centers on Passion narrative (but even here significant differences).
Portrays overlapping ministries of Jesus and John the Baptist.
Chasing money changers from Temple happens at beginning of Jesus’ ministry.
Portrays three Passovers.
Gives Jesus a ministry in Judea (around Jerusalem) -- synoptics see Jesus centered in Galilee.
Puts the Last Supper before Passover.
Contains very few of the Synoptic miracles.
And hardly any of the Synoptic sayings.
Instead a different set of miracles.
And long discourses.

Least historical of the gospels

Because of its rejection of the Synoptic tradition, scholars are generally suspicious of its historical character.
The discourses don’t address the culture and context of the Jewish world of Jesus and disciples.
It seems rather a late and highly theologized account.

But there are some independent Palestinian traditions.
And it’s fairly accurate in its Palestinian geography.
So it may come from Syrian or northern Palestinian traditions.
And it may contain some historical traditions about the historical Jesus – may not be just a late and highly theologized account.
But it is a late and highly theologized account.
In effect, a “channeling” of the risen Jesus; the writer is giving us what he believes is the essential nature of Jesus

Who wrote John, and when?
Gospel not mentioned by anyone before 180 C.E.
Earlier biblical scholarship assumed it was written mid-second century.
But papyrus fragments of gospel dated 125-150 C.E. discovered in Egypt.
So gospel must have been written before this time.
Gospel is aware of the expulsion of Christians from synagogues, 85 to 90 C.E.
Written perhaps 90 to 100 C.E.
Irenaeus, c. 180 C.E. says gospel written by John, son of Zebedee – on the authority of Polycarp, bishop of Smyrna.
But does Mark 10: 39 imply John would be martyred, along with his brother James? (James, son of Zebedee, killed by Herod, around 44 – Acts 12: 1).

Who? 
There’s another John, John the Elder at Ephesus, circa 100 C.E., who is mention by Papias.
Gospel nowhere mentions authorship by a “John,” but at the end claims connection to “the beloved disciple”: “This is the disciple who is testifying to these things and has written them, and we know that his testimony is true.”
So the gospel (or an editorial appendix) connects the gospel in some way with the authority of “the beloved disciple.”
Who would have been extremely old in 90 to 100 CE, presumably too old in any case for literary endeavor.
Gospel wants to claim connection to the unnamed “beloved disciple.”
But the rejection of the Synoptic tradition makes this puzzling.
And the mystical character of the gospel makes authorship puzzling.
Writer seems to have more a mystical than historical connection with Jesus.
A writer with a visionary sense of the “real” Jesus, the Jesus whom the merely historical Synoptics got wrong?
In this sense someone like Paul, but two generations later, who links his mystical Christ to Palestinian traditions?
So, finally, an anonymous writer whom the text connects with “the beloved disciple.”

Narrative character of John

Another “reader challenging” gospel, like Mark (though otherwise very different from Mark).
No actual parables, but stories to be interpreted as parables, puzzles for the reader.
All centered on the identity, nature of Jesus.
Full of symbolic language: “light,” “truth,” “water,” “vine,” “spirit,” “flesh.”
Longer speeches, discourses by Jesus.
Punctuated by an essentially new set of miracles, arranged in ascending order.
Culminating in the raising of Lazarus.
And the puzzle of how one ingests, takes in, this divine figure.

John’s mystical prologue
Beginning of John: no infancy gospel.
Matthew and Luke begin with J’s birth, then through genealogies to Abraham (Matt.) and to Adam (Luke).
John pushes J’s origin back even further, “In the beginning” – echoing Genesis!
“Word” – Logos – Gk. means something like Reason, Speech, Thought.
So the true origin of the Christ is the pre-existent Logos of God; Jesus is the enfleshment (incarnation) of that Logos in human form.
All very philosophical, very Greek.
But relates to the idea of God’s Wisdom in Hebrew Scriptures.

Proverbs 8:22-31: the Wisdom of God

The Lord created me [Wisdom ] at the beginning of his work,

The first of his acts of long ago.

Ages ago I was set up,

At the first, before the beginning of the earth.

When there were no depths I was brought forth,

When there were no springs abounding with water.

Before the mountains had been shaped,

Before the hills, I was brought forth –

When he had not yet made earth and fields,

Or the world’s first bits of soil.

When he established the heavens, I was there,

When he drew a circle on the face of the deep,

When he made firm the skies above,

When he established the fountains of the deep,

When he assigned the sea its limit,

So that the waters might not transgress his command,

When he marked out the foundations of the earth,

Then I was beside him, like a master worker;

And I was daily his delight,

Rejoicing before him always,

Rejoicing in his inhabited world

And delighting in the human race. 

The idea of Wisdom (Sophia in Greek) is also developed in the Book of Wisdom in the Apocrypha.
John takes this Hebraic idea of Wisdom and translates it into the Greek philosophical terminology of Logos.
Then asserts that the human person of Jesus was the enfleshment of that divine principle.
It’s a long distance from the Synoptic “son of Man,” “Son of God.”
But see the Pauline letter to Colossians (1: 15-17):
“He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation; for in him all things in the heaven and in the earth were created, things visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions, or rulers or powers – all things have been created through him and for him.  He himself is before all things, and in him all things hold together . . .”

John the Baptist
Interesting that the gospel begins by insisting that John the Baptist is not the Christ, but only bears witness to the Christ.
Why still a concern late in the first century?
Remember Acts 19 mentions the existence of a group that still followed John the Baptist's teachings in Ephesus.
All the gospels are concerned to show John the Baptist in a subordinate role to Jesus.
The first episode in John enacts the turn from John the Baptist and his teaching to Jesus as true light.
Note the conclusion in the two disciples of John leaving him and following Jesus.
One turns out to be Andrew, the brother of Peter, who becomes the link between Peter and Jesus.
Then the calling of Philip and Nathanael (who is not mentioned in the synoptics).
Jesus' first prediction here is not of suffering and death, as in Mark, but in a divine glorification (1:51)

www.english.ucsb.edu/faculty/oconnell/newtestament/John1.ppt
Re: An Evolving Religion- Cc Deepsight, Viaro, Mavenbox, by DeepSight(m): 1:18pm On Dec 18, 2009
Chris - Your thoughts are entirely valid.

And indeed it must make the thoughtful person wonder what exactly GOD would require of mankind. And by mankind i mean the WHOLE of mankind.

Methinks sincerity of heart and earnestness are the best that could be required.

Not subscription to improbable and outlandish foreign legends.
Re: An Evolving Religion- Cc Deepsight, Viaro, Mavenbox, by KunleOshob(m): 1:24pm On Dec 18, 2009
Deep Sight:

Altogether you will agree that these things read similar to some psuedo oriental myth. But the force of history is such that these things are cherished as inviolable truth. A few days ago i told my colleague that the Bible does not teach that Jesus is God. She glared at me with wide eyed consternation and asked me to keep my distance, for such heresy. This same person will scoff at the claims of Olumba Olumba Obu to be God, forgetting that if a foreign nation invaded Nigeria today, and adopetd Olumba Obu's sect as its state religion, hundreds of years down the line many millions of people influenced by that foreign power would believe unconditionlly and dogmatocally that Olumba Olumba Obu is God.

You see what brainwashiing causes. Yet if you ask the girl to show you one single scripture in the bible where Jesus claims to be God she would start adding 2+2 to get 10.
Re: An Evolving Religion- Cc Deepsight, Viaro, Mavenbox, by Tonyet1(m): 1:30pm On Dec 18, 2009
KunleOshob:

You see what brainwashiing causes. Yet if you ask the girl to show you one single scripture in the bible where Jesus claims to be God she would start adding 2+2 to get 10.

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: An Evolving Religion- Cc Deepsight, Viaro, Mavenbox, by Krayola(m): 1:32pm On Dec 18, 2009
I think people just need to stop accepting religious authority and seek for themselves with a sincere and open mind,heart. So much info is available out there that if people just stop blindly following the religious leaders they are familiar with and start to welcome information that does not necessarily agree with stuff they have grown up believing is true, then they will learn more. The issue, from my experience is that people are suspicious of anything different from what they are familiar with. So they equate difference with falsity. they dismiss what they hear not because they checked it out and it turned out to be false, but because it is different from what they have always believed.
Re: An Evolving Religion- Cc Deepsight, Viaro, Mavenbox, by noetic15(m): 1:46pm On Dec 18, 2009
Deep Sight:

The truth is that no amount of intellectualism can save anyone, if anything at all i am certain that it stands in the way. That simple rural person stands a much better chance of finding and understanding Truth in all its great simplicity than any erudition can muster.

That's why i despise the sort of christianity that requires people to accept dogma they know nothing about.

Why should anyone for eaxample have to know anything about ANY of the following rituals -

1. Supposed Adamic sin, via which the entire human race is labelled "guilty."

2. Animal Sacrifices (OT) for temporary freedom from that supposed guilt

3. The supposed incarnation of the Almighty GOD on earth as a Jewish man. . . (Olumba Olumba Obu. .  . Guru Maharaji. . . similar claims. . .)

4. The supposed immaculate conception via which the said Jewish man entered the world without any prior act of copulation on the part of his supposed parents

5. The judicial murder of that Jewish man along with some criminals and the supposition that the murder in question amounts to "salvation" for the whole world

6. The paganistic Trinity Doctrine

It would have been comical if it were not so sad. The sad bit being that millions of people actually feel free to lead thoroughly sinful lives on the presupposition that Christ "has saved them" already on the cross.

Love, and only love is the way.

1. You have NO understanding of the gospel and message of Jesus or His gospel at all. The most potent weapon of this gospel is the liberty to make a choice. . .and the most unfortunate reality here is the consequences of this choice. The liberty to accept the gospel of Jesus Christ and accept His gift of salvation. . .it is not forced on any one's throat. . . .

2. How can u believe in Jesus if u do not believe in His main mission? To believe that Adam is not the first man is not to believe in Jesus. .  .if u believe that Adam is the first man and you are as such a descendant of Adam . . .u would understand why adam's sin has a fore bearing on ur "guilt" as a person. . . . .thats he only way u can see the sacrifice of Jesus as a gift.

3. Guru maharaji and olumba are an alternative. I find it very jejune for anyone to mention the message of Jesus as a platform for analysing other beliefs. if u believe that Guru is God . . .what stops u from worshipping him? if u believe that Jesus is a myth and legend , . how then do u explain the revelations received world wide? what stops u from rejecting His gospel?

4. The copulation of Jesus relates to the sin of Adam. if Jesus had been born by the sperm/seed of Joseph. . . then He would have been born with the guilt of adam. . .thus making His sacrifices unacceptable.

5. Deepsight have u read the books of Exodus, leveticus, numbers, deuteronomy and John in the bible? These books give an appreciative understanding of the sacrifice of Jesus. the OT books tells u what sin means and the spiritual cleansing involved, the potency of such. if u juxtapose these books with the ancient jewish culture, u would understand how inpracticable and impossible it was for simple people to be reinstituted with God. now read the book of John to comprehend the significance of the sacrifice and purpose of Jesus coming. it is not rocket science and does not require intellectual deductions.

6. what part of trinity do u not understand? Jesus asked that we be baptised in the name of the father, son and holy spirit.
do u dispute the existence of any of these three?

7. Salvation is very contrary to ur dogmatic and watered down version.

Deep Sight:

Chris - Your thoughts are entirely valid.

And indeed it must make the thoughtful person wonder what exactly GOD would require of mankind. And by mankind i mean the WHOLE of mankind.

Methinks sincerity of heart and earnestness are the best that could be required.

Not subscription to improbable and outlandish foreign legends.

ur thoughts have no scriptural basis and are of such inconsequential in after life judgement with God.
Re: An Evolving Religion- Cc Deepsight, Viaro, Mavenbox, by VALIDATOR: 1:55pm On Dec 18, 2009
Well,whether we like it or not we must from the early years of our lives subscribe to some dogma. A little child learns only by listening to adults. But if when you are grown up and equipped with analytical abilities you still wish to believe in a talking snake in a fictitious garden its up to you.

One of the most stupid thing is the claim of being led by a single perfect omniscient holy spirit and yet contradictory interpretations. RRRRRRUBBISH
Re: An Evolving Religion- Cc Deepsight, Viaro, Mavenbox, by noetic15(m): 1:59pm On Dec 18, 2009
VALIDATOR:

Well,whether we like it or not we must from the early years of our lives subscribe to some dogma. A little child learns only by listening to adults. But if when you are grown up and equipped with analytical abilities you still wish to believe in a talking snake in a fictitious garden its up to you.

[b]One of the most silly thing is the claim of being led by a single perfect omniscient holy spirit and yet contradictory interpretations. [/b]RRRRRRUBBISH

u should simply ask urself. . .how does the holy spirit speak? and what does he say?. . .how then can there be numerous interpretations of what he says?

stop celebrating ur ignorance.
Re: An Evolving Religion- Cc Deepsight, Viaro, Mavenbox, by Krayola(m): 2:09pm On Dec 18, 2009
VALIDATOR:

I agree with you. I have to admit I used to do the same thing, even when i know I didn't really believe some of the stuff. But every time a debate came up I would find myself defending the possibility that some of that stuff really happened. But at some point I had to be honest with myself and admit those things were not things that I investigated and found to be true, or things that I thought could really have ever happened, but things I was taught as a child by people I trusted, and a culture I was soaked in.
Re: An Evolving Religion- Cc Deepsight, Viaro, Mavenbox, by Chrisbenogor(m): 2:19pm On Dec 18, 2009
Thank you all for your reply, lets not get carried away here, there are countless threads out there to start quoting biblical verses and interpreting.

Our main stay remains how would the illiterate person searching for religion going to go about it. I can imagine a rural village setting where noetic, viaro and mavenbox preach every alternating sunday, I mean not all of us have the intellectual ability to carry all these things, how the earth was created in millions of years and not days, and when the poor old carpenter looks at his bible what he can see is day.
Re: An Evolving Religion- Cc Deepsight, Viaro, Mavenbox, by toneyb: 2:32pm On Dec 18, 2009
noetic15:

u should simply ask urself. . .how does the holy spirit speak? and what does he say?. . .how then can there be numerous interpretations of what he says?

stop celebrating your ignorance.

You tell us how the holy spirit speaks, If your holy spirit actually enables you guys to understand the bible why are their so many brands of christians and christianity? Shouldn't the holy spirit be sending the same signal and communicating the same message to all of you? The YEC says that it is the holy spirit that tells him that the earth is 6000 years old, The OEC also says that it is the same holy spirit that tells him that the earth is millions of years old. Why are there so many versions of Christianity that hardly agree on any thing? The many different sects and versions of Christianity stand as pretty strong evidence against an "inspired understanding" that comes from a single source. There is no such thing. If we grant the hypothetical of a holy ghost or holy spirit existing, then this entity is doing a really shitty job and should have been fired centuries ago.
Re: An Evolving Religion- Cc Deepsight, Viaro, Mavenbox, by toneyb: 2:46pm On Dec 18, 2009
VALIDATOR:

One of the most silly thing is the claim of being led by a single perfect omniscient holy spirit and yet contradictory interpretations. RRRRRRUBBISH

And why is any kind of outside influence needed before being able to "understand" the writings of primitive people?  It seems like a very selective and elitist way of doing things.  A truly good and loving being would want all of humanity to understand its message, and would therefore distribute its message in very plain language that is easily understood by anyone who really wants to understand it. Not some appeal to some mythical or mysterious outside influence that has not and can not do anything at all. The appeal to the holy spirit is just a means to an end to help explain untenable positions. The idea that belief or faith is required before understanding is simply absurd and laughable.
Re: An Evolving Religion- Cc Deepsight, Viaro, Mavenbox, by VALIDATOR: 4:08pm On Dec 18, 2009
noetic15:

stop celebrating your ignorance.

You tell me brother. He speaks to you.
Re: An Evolving Religion- Cc Deepsight, Viaro, Mavenbox, by toneyb: 4:14pm On Dec 18, 2009
VALIDATOR:

His mind speaks to him and tells him to analyze or rationalize the stories written in the bible in this way or that way. grin
Re: An Evolving Religion- Cc Deepsight, Viaro, Mavenbox, by noetic15(m): 12:31am On Dec 19, 2009
You tell us how the holy spirit speaks, If your holy spirit actually enables you guys to understand the bible why are their so many brands of christians and christianity? Shouldn\'t the holy spirit be sending the same signal and communicating the same message to all of you? The YEC says that it is the holy spirit that tells him that the earth is 6000 years old, The OEC also says that it is the same holy spirit that tells him that the earth is millions of years old. Why are there so many versions of Christianity that hardly agree on any thing? The many different sects and versions of Christianity stand as pretty strong evidence against an \"inspired understanding\" that comes from a single source. There is no such thing. If we grant the hypothetical of a holy ghost or holy spirit existing, then this entity is doing a really shitty job and should have been fired centuries ago.

1. I dont have to tell u how the spirit speaks since u also can experience it urself. All u have to do is get saved . . . , . the rest will follow.

2. Toneyb, u are conveniently ignoring the point here. where did the YEC or OEC claim that they heard from the holy spirit? why are u so certain that everyone hears from the holy spirit? what are the chances they could be lying?

3. The numerous sects and denomination in xtianity have no connection with the words of the spirit or the true intent of the gospel. The gospel is centered around salvation, the gift of eternity and the establishment of God\'s kingdom. This is a universal doctrine in xtiandom.
The spirit asks a person to start a ministry. . .he/she is given a message. . . he/she\'s ability to interpret the message is what we see manifest.

4. what is it the xtians do not agree on?
Re: An Evolving Religion- Cc Deepsight, Viaro, Mavenbox, by noetic15(m): 12:42am On Dec 19, 2009

my brother. . .the holy spirit speaks the truth of God and searches all things. Not all who claim to hear from the spirit actually hear from him.
just like any virtue of man. . . . .deception is not nihilant.

And the holy spirit does NOT give contradicting messages. . .when u hear 2 contradicting messages whose source is claimed to be God. . . then u know one of the claimants is lying.
Re: An Evolving Religion- Cc Deepsight, Viaro, Mavenbox, by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:54am On Dec 19, 2009
This is for students of the Bible who are diligently seeking for the truth of the Word of God.

Interpreting the Bible
by Henry Morris, Ph.D.

"Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost." (2 Peter 1:20-21)

One basic reason why so many people seem to have trouble understanding the Bible is that they try to "interpret" it to fit their private opinions.  The Greek word for "private" (idios) is related to such English words as "idiom" and "idiosyncrasy," and this key passage warns us against any exposition of Scripture which is based on the teacher’s pet doctrinal or behavioural prejudices.  A reader or hearer of the Word of God whose  "heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing" will be unable to "understand" (Matthew 13:15) because he comes with his mind and heart already bound to his own opinions.

The Bible does not need to be "interpreted" at all.  In every other New Testament reference to "interpretation," except the one in our text (which means "explanation" or "exposition"wink, the meaning is simply "translation."  The Bible does, of course, need to be correctly translated from Greek and Hebrew into English and other national languages, but that is all.  God is able to say what He means, and He wants to communicate His authoritative Word to men and women of obedient hearts, who are willing to devote diligent study to all the Scriptures (2 Timothy 2:15; Hebrews 5:12-14), to obey them (James 1:22), and then teach them to others (2 Timothy 2:2, 24-26) carefully, and clearly, and graciously.

To such students of the Word, the promise is: "Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding; If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures; Then shalt thou understand the fear of the Lord, and find the knowledge of God" (Proverbs 2:3-5). HMM
Re: An Evolving Religion- Cc Deepsight, Viaro, Mavenbox, by mavenbox: 1:29am On Dec 19, 2009
Interesting thread. I am just seeing this right now!

@Chrisbenogor: I just deleted the response I had, at first, typed up. Let me straight to the point here, but I will use many Bible verses to make my points clearer.

2 Cor 3:18 is one of my own favourite verses in the Bible

2Co 3:16  But whenever a person turns [in repentance] to the Lord, the veil is stripped off and taken away.
2Co 3:17  Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty (emancipation from bondage, freedom). [Isa. 61:1, 2.]
2Co 3:18  And all of us, as with unveiled face, [because we] continued to behold [in the Word of God] as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are constantly being transfigured into His very own image in ever increasing splendor and from one degree of glory to another; [for this comes] from the Lord [Who is] the Spirit.

And just before KunleOshob's favourite Bible Verse about Christian religion (in green), we have
Jas 1:21  So get rid of all uncleanness and the rampant outgrowth of wickedness, and in a humble (gentle, modest) spirit receive and welcome the Word which implanted and rooted [in your hearts] contains the power to save your souls.
Jas 1:22  But be doers of the Word [obey the message], and not merely listeners to it, betraying yourselves [into deception by reasoning contrary to the Truth].
Jas 1:23  For if anyone only listens to the Word without obeying it and being a doer of it, he is like a man who looks carefully at his [own] natural face in a mirror;
Jas 1:24  For he thoughtfully observes himself, and then goes off and promptly forgets what he was like.
Jas 1:25  But he who looks carefully into the faultless law, the [law] of liberty, and is faithful to it and perseveres in looking into it, being not a heedless listener who forgets but an active doer [who obeys], he shall be blessed in his doing (his life of obedience).
Jas 1:26  If anyone thinks himself to be religious (piously observant of the external duties of his faith) and does not bridle his tongue but deludes his own heart, this person's religious service is worthless (futile, barren).
Jas 1:27  External religious worship [religion as it is expressed in outward acts] that is pure and unblemished in the sight of God the Father is this: to visit and help and care for the orphans and widows in their affliction and need, and to keep oneself unspotted and uncontaminated from the world.

And also somewhere around one of DeepSight's favourite love-themed verses (in blue) within Paul's LOVE-themed chapter,
1Co 13:9  For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
1Co 13:10  But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.
1Co 13:11  When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
1Co 13:12  For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
1Co 13:13  And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

We find references to the Bible being like a mirror. What does a mirror do? It acts as a kind of control system: regulating the input with the output, comparing and adjusting until the input equates to the output. Once that is done, the mission is accomplished.

What do I mean by a control system?
Examples: The first Bible reference compares the input (the old covenant with its glory, attempts at fulfilling the law) to the output required (the new covenant fulfilled in Christ, the more-excelling glory). The second reference compares the input of studying the Word of God to APPLYING it (the fields of application are described in Jas 1:27 as CHARITY and PURITY. Charity in this case is used to refer to the helpless, but in general it would indicate someone who needs help, like the good Samaritan story; and purity involves righteousness and holiness). Righteousness means a kind of blamelessness and lack of guilt and holiness means having been set apart for a purpose (dumbed down definition). One is pure BECAUSE they are holy, which is because they are righteous; and this purity is an output that the input of "One's Growth in God" yields. And for the third Bible reference, see how 1 Cor 13:11 describes growth from a child to a grown man, going through phases of speech, understanding and thought-processes, all the while discarding falsehood and embracing truth. UNTIL maturity, and there are many parameters that will delineate the growth, but the greatest of these is Love. So, for our control system, the readings from the "love valve" are the most important, they are the rate-limiting definitions of our growth. Do not also forget that Christ said the way people would know his disciples was that love was their trademark (my paraphrase).

Joh 13:35  By this shall all [men] know that you are My disciples, if you love one another [if you keep on showing love among yourselves].

My gist is that the Scriptures constitute a device like a mirror, a control system that helps to tune us to perfection. What is that perfection? Walking in Love, even as our Father is Love!

1Jn 3:14  We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.
1Jn 3:15  Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.
1Jn 3:16  Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.
1Jn 3:17  But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?
1Jn 3:18  My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.

1Co 8:1  NOW ABOUT food offered to idols: of course we know that all of us possess knowledge [concerning these matters. Yet mere] knowledge causes people to be puffed up (to bear themselves loftily and be proud), but love (affection and goodwill and benevolence) edifies and builds up and encourages one to grow [to his full stature].
1Co 8:2  If anyone imagines that he has come to know and understand much [of divine things, without love], he does not yet perceive and recognize and understand as strongly and clearly, nor has he become as intimately acquainted with anything as he ought or as is necessary.
1Co 8:3  But if one loves God truly [with affectionate reverence, prompt obedience, and grateful recognition of His blessing], he is known by God [recognized as worthy of His intimacy and love, and he is owned by Him].

1Jn 4:7  Beloved, let us love one another, for love is (springs) from God; and he who loves [his fellowmen] is begotten (born) of God and is coming [progressively] to know and understand God [to perceive and recognize and get a better and clearer knowledge of Him].
1Jn 4:8  He who does not love has not become acquainted with God [does not and never did know Him], for God is love.
1Jn 4:9  In this the love of God was made manifest (displayed) where we are concerned: in that God sent His Son, the only begotten or unique [Son], into the world so that we might live through Him.
1Jn 4:10  [b]In this is love: not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation (the atoning sacrifice) for our sins. [/b]
1Jn 4:11  Beloved, if God loved us so [very much], we also ought to love one another.
1Jn 4:12  No man has at any time [yet] seen God. But if we love one another, God abides (lives and remains) in us and His love (that love which is essentially His) is brought to completion (to its full maturity, runs its full course, is perfected) in us!
1Jn 4:13  By this we come to know (perceive, recognize, and understand) that we abide (live and remain) in Him and He in us: because He has given (imparted) to us of His [Holy] Spirit.

Gal 5:6  For [if we are] in Christ Jesus, neither circumcision nor uncircumcision counts for anything, but only faith activated and energized and expressed and working through love.

The Love of God is the ultimate message: that is the Gospel! The Scriptures provide a control system of reference to tune up to that message of Love, seeing everything through God's eyes and Man's eyes up until the point where both views coincided in the Son of God = Son of Man, the man now known as Jesus Christ. So, as much as I agree with Pastor AIO and DeepSight on the whole Love message, disregarding the Scriptures backing up that message of Love IS ITSELF A SORT OF DOGMA! Why do I say so? You can't tell people to walk in love when they do not understand what that kind of Love entails! You can't force a message of Love down people's throats from a God that, as far as they are concerned, has not demonstrated the kind of love he expects from them! If they knew of the sacrifice of Christ, they would appreciate the epitome of love, that bulls' eye mark:

Joh 15:13  No one has greater love [no one has shown stronger affection] than to lay down (give up) his own life for his friends.

But in our case as mankind, it was even worse, we were his enemies due to our sin and His own altogether Righteousness! But Jesus took us as friends since he himself preached showing love to your enemies.

Rom 5:10  For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, it is much more [certain], now that we are reconciled, that we shall be saved (daily delivered from sin's dominion) through His [resurrection] life.

So, for those brethren in the rural area or Kalahari desert or Deep Amazon Jungle, the Gospel of the Love of God is the message. "Okay so you are telling me that God expects me to love Him without restraint, and also to love my fellow man unconditionally? Why should I? I may like to learn by example! These guys are not all nice, some of them are my enemies, why should I love them?" And the scriptures would shed light on the matter: Even YOU were God's enemy when he gave HIS OWN SON to die for you. THAT is an example. If he could do that to save you, what will it cost you to love your fellow man, and to love the one who saved you?

So, seeing that the Word of God is like a mirror, preaching to such a congregation is only a matter of relating the input (current state of the heart) to the desired output (Walking in Love). The tools employed MAY vary across civilizations, and methods MAY vary as well. In fact, change those two MAYs to WILLs because what each one sees when they peer into the mirror is different from DeepSight, Viaro, Chrisbenogor or anyone else will see / saw at their own initial point of revelation (and that's just because our pre-Love experiences were varied!). I definitely would not, for instance, go into these kinds of treatises with the entire congregation. Okay, maybe with the exception of some few people who require further insight. All things are possible by the help of the Holy Spirit, so there is no "Evolving Religion" that He cannot handle.

*YAWN* Long and tiring day  sad. I hope you make sense out of my post  smiley. I may return later to make edits.
Re: An Evolving Religion- Cc Deepsight, Viaro, Mavenbox, by mavenbox: 1:34am On Dec 19, 2009
Interesting thread. I am just seeing this right now!

@Chrisbenogor: I just deleted the response I had at first, typed up. Let me go straight to the point here, but I will use many Bible verses to make my points clearer.

2 Cor 3:18 is one of my own favourite verses in the Bible

2Co 3:16 But whenever a person turns [in repentance] to the Lord, the veil is stripped off and taken away.
2Co 3:17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty (emancipation from bondage, freedom). [Isa. 61:1, 2.]
2Co 3:18 And all of us, as with unveiled face, [because we] continued to behold [in the Word of God] as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are constantly being transfigured into His very own image in ever increasing splendor and from one degree of glory to another; [for this comes] from the Lord [Who is] the Spirit.

And just before KunleOshob's favourite Bible Verse about Christian religion (in green), we have
Jas 1:21 So get rid of all uncleanness and the rampant outgrowth of wickedness, and in a humble (gentle, modest) spirit receive and welcome the Word which implanted and rooted [in your hearts] contains the power to save your souls.
Jas 1:22 But be doers of the Word [obey the message], and not merely listeners to it, betraying yourselves [into deception by reasoning contrary to the Truth].
Jas 1:23 For if anyone only listens to the Word without obeying it and being a doer of it, he is like a man who looks carefully at his [own] natural face in a mirror;
Jas 1:24 For he thoughtfully observes himself, and then goes off and promptly forgets what he was like.
Jas 1:25 But he who looks carefully into the faultless law, the [law] of liberty, and is faithful to it and perseveres in looking into it, being not a heedless listener who forgets but an active doer [who obeys], he shall be blessed in his doing (his life of obedience).
Jas 1:26 If anyone thinks himself to be religious (piously observant of the external duties of his faith) and does not bridle his tongue but deludes his own heart, this person's religious service is worthless (futile, barren).
Jas 1:27 External religious worship [religion as it is expressed in outward acts] that is pure and unblemished in the sight of God the Father is this: to visit and help and care for the orphans and widows in their affliction and need, and to keep oneself unspotted and uncontaminated from the world.

And also somewhere around one of DeepSight's favourite love-themed verses (in blue) within Paul's LOVE-themed chapter,
1Co 13:9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
1Co 13:10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.
1Co 13:11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
1Co 13:12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
1Co 13:13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

We find references to the Bible being like a mirror. What does a mirror do? It acts as a kind of control system: regulating the input with the output, comparing and adjusting until the input equates to the output. Once that is done, the mission is accomplished.

What do I mean by a control system?
Examples: The first Bible reference compares the input (the old covenant with its glory, attempts at fulfilling the law) to the output required (the new covenant fulfilled in Christ, the more-excelling glory). The second reference compares the input of studying the Word of God to APPLYING it (the fields of application are described in Jas 1:27 as CHARITY and PURITY. Charity in this case is used to refer to the helpless, but in general it would indicate someone who needs help, like the good Samaritan story; and purity involves righteousness and holiness). Righteousness means a kind of blamelessness and lack of guilt and holiness means having been set apart for a purpose (dumbed down definition). One is pure BECAUSE they are holy, which is because they are righteous; and this purity is an output that the input of "One's Growth in God" yields. And for the third Bible reference, see how 1 Cor 13:11 describes growth from a child to a grown man, going through phases of speech, understanding and thought-processes, all the while discarding falsehood and embracing truth. UNTIL maturity, and there are many parameters that will delineate the growth, but the greatest of these is Love. So, for our control system, the readings from the "love valve" are the most important, they are the rate-limiting definitions of our growth. Do not also forget that Christ said the way people would know his disciples was that love was their trademark (my paraphrase).

Joh 13:35 By this shall all [men] know that you are My disciples, if you love one another [if you keep on showing love among yourselves].

My gist is that the Scriptures constitute a device like a mirror, a control system that helps to tune us to perfection. What is that perfection? Walking in Love, even as our Father is Love!

1Jn 3:14 We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.
1Jn 3:15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.
1Jn 3:16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.
1Jn 3:17 But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?
1Jn 3:18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.

1Co 8:1 NOW ABOUT food offered to idols: of course we know that all of us possess knowledge [concerning these matters. Yet mere] knowledge causes people to be puffed up (to bear themselves loftily and be proud), but love (affection and goodwill and benevolence) edifies and builds up and encourages one to grow [to his full stature].
1Co 8:2 If anyone imagines that he has come to know and understand much [of divine things, without love], he does not yet perceive and recognize and understand as strongly and clearly, nor has he become as intimately acquainted with anything as he ought or as is necessary.
1Co 8:3 But if one loves God truly [with affectionate reverence, prompt obedience, and grateful recognition of His blessing], he is known by God [recognized as worthy of His intimacy and love, and he is owned by Him].

1Jn 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is (springs) from God; and he who loves [his fellowmen] is begotten (born) of God and is coming [progressively] to know and understand God [to perceive and recognize and get a better and clearer knowledge of Him].
1Jn 4:8 He who does not love has not become acquainted with God [does not and never did know Him], for God is love.
1Jn 4:9 In this the love of God was made manifest (displayed) where we are concerned: in that God sent His Son, the only begotten or unique [Son], into the world so that we might live through Him.
1Jn 4:10 [b]In this is love: not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation (the atoning sacrifice) for our sins. [/b]
1Jn 4:11 Beloved, if God loved us so [very much], we also ought to love one another.
1Jn 4:12 No man has at any time [yet] seen God. But if we love one another, God abides (lives and remains) in us and His love (that love which is essentially His) is brought to completion (to its full maturity, runs its full course, is perfected) in us!
1Jn 4:13 By this we come to know (perceive, recognize, and understand) that we abide (live and remain) in Him and He in us: because He has given (imparted) to us of His [Holy] Spirit.

Gal 5:6 For [if we are] in Christ Jesus, neither circumcision nor uncircumcision counts for anything, but only faith activated and energized and expressed and working through love.

The Love of God is the ultimate message: that is the Gospel! The Scriptures provide a control system of reference to tune up to that message of Love, seeing everything through God's eyes and Man's eyes up until the point where both views coincided in the Son of God = Son of Man, the man now known as Jesus Christ. So, as much as I agree with Pastor AIO and DeepSight on the whole Love message, disregarding the Scriptures backing up that message of Love IS ITSELF A SORT OF DOGMA! Why do I say so? You can't tell people to walk in love when they do not understand what that kind of Love entails! You can't force a message of Love down people's throats from a God that, as far as they are concerned, has not demonstrated the kind of love he expects from them! If they knew of the sacrifice of Christ, they would appreciate the epitome of love, that bulls' eye mark:

Joh 15:13 No one has greater love [no one has shown stronger affection] than to lay down (give up) his own life for his friends.

But in our case as mankind, it was even worse, we were his enemies due to our sin and His own altogether Righteousness! But Jesus took us as friends since he himself preached showing love to your enemies.

Rom 5:10 For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, it is much more [certain], now that we are reconciled, that we shall be saved (daily delivered from sin's dominion) through His [resurrection] life.

So, for those brethren in the rural area or Kalahari desert or Deep Amazon Jungle, the Gospel of the Love of God is the message. "Okay so you are telling me that God expects me to love Him without restraint, and also to love my fellow man unconditionally? Why should I? I may like to learn by example! These guys are not all nice, some of them are my enemies, why should I love them?" And the scriptures would shed light on the matter: Even YOU were God's enemy when he gave HIS OWN SON to die for you. THAT is an example. If he could do that to save you, what will it cost you to love your fellow man, and to love the one who saved you?

So, seeing that the Word of God is like a mirror, preaching to such a congregation is only a matter of relating the input (current state of the heart) to the desired output (Walking in Love). The tools employed MAY vary across civilizations, and methods MAY vary as well. In fact, change those two MAYs to WILLs because what each one sees when they peer into the mirror is different from DeepSight, Viaro, Chrisbenogor or anyone else will see / saw at their own initial point of revelation (and that's just because our pre-Love experiences were varied!). I definitely would not, for instance, go into these kinds of treatises with the entire congregation. Okay, maybe with the exception of some few people who require further insight. All things are possible by the help of the Holy Spirit, so there is no "Evolving Religion" that He cannot handle.

*YAWN* Long and tiring day sad. I hope you make sense out of my post smiley. I may return later to make edits.
Re: An Evolving Religion- Cc Deepsight, Viaro, Mavenbox, by baby4u2(f): 2:40am On Dec 19, 2009
KunleOshob i dont know why your co-worker was unable to quote a Bible verse where it said Jesus is God. Lets clarify with these verses.

Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given, and the government shall be upon his shoulder and His name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, MIGHTY GOD, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

2 Peter 1:1 Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

Philippians 2:5-7 Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bond-servant, and coming in the likeness of men.

1 Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifested in the flesh, Justified in the Spirit, Seen by angels, Preached among the Gentiles, Believed on in the world, Received up in glory.

There are indeed many more that show that Jesus is God. I am believing, correct me if am wrong, that you where making a point that your co-worker does not really understand the word as she claims not that Jesus is not really God!!!
Re: An Evolving Religion- Cc Deepsight, Viaro, Mavenbox, by mazaje(m): 9:45am On Dec 19, 2009
noetic15 link=topic=368196.msg5143879#msg51
43879 date=1261179079:

1. I dont have to tell u how the spirit speaks since u also can experience it urself. All u have to do is get saved . . . , . the rest will follow.

Let me come in here. . . .If the holy spirit truly communicates to people as you are claiming then why are you unable to tell us how he communicates to you personally? You should be able to do that no? Or only are is the person that is making the claim about the holy spirit the only person that is able to understand the "deeper" truths christians claim exist within the holy spirit entity?

2. Toneyb, u are conveniently ignoring the point here. where did the YEC or OEC claim that they heard from the holy spirit? why are u so certain that everyone hears from the holy spirit? what are the chances they could be lying?

Have you read any of OLAADEGBU's post? He even makes the claim that accepting that the earth and the universe are both 6000 years old gives a person a proper foundation for believing in Jesus. . .He makes reference to the holy spirit and claims it is the one that is communicating to him with regards to this things on so many occasions. . . .Have you watch any of Ken Ham's debates? He evokes the holy spirit as his source of inspiration with regards to the age of the earth as 6000 all the time. . . . .

3. The numerous sects and denomination in xtianity have no connection with the words of the spirit or the true intent of the gospel. The gospel is centered around salvation, the gift of eternity and the establishment of God\'s kingdom. This is a universal doctrine in xtiandom.
The spirit asks a person to start a ministry. . .he/she is given a message. . . he/she\'s ability to interpret the message is what we see manifest.

The numerous sects of christianity is an evidence that shows that the holy spirit is non existent. . . .The so called road to salvation is not even accepted by all christians, some believe that grace alone will save, some believe that grace and work will save, some believe that it is only god's will that can save a person etc. . . there is NO universal christian doctrine with regards to salvation every sect has his or her own interpretation and opinion. . . .Why does the holy spirit tell people to start different ministries?. . . .

4. what is it the xtians do not agree on?

The nature of Jesus is still in dispute. . . some believe he is the same person as god while others believe that he is not. . . .
Re: An Evolving Religion- Cc Deepsight, Viaro, Mavenbox, by noetic15(m): 12:43pm On Dec 19, 2009
@ mazaje

Let me come in here. . . .If the holy spirit truly communicates to people as you are claiming then why are you unable to tell us how he communicates to you personally? You should be able to do that no?  Or only are is the person that is making the claim about the holy spirit the only person that is able to understand the \\\"deeper\\\" truths christians claim exist within the holy spirit entity?

The HS communicates with me via LITERAL WORDS and dreams

Have you read any of OLAADEGBU\\\'s post? He even makes the claim that accepting that the earth and the universe are both 6000 years old gives a person a proper foundation for believing in Jesus. . .He makes reference to the holy spirit and claims it is the one that is communicating to him with regards to this things on so many occasions. . . .Have you watch any of Ken Ham\\\'s debates? He evokes the holy spirit as his source of inspiration with regards to the age of the earth as 6000 all the time. . . . .

Anyone can make any claim on the HS. . . . I could also claim that mazaje told me toneyb is a gay. . .does that mean u, mazaje said so?
does that also mean that toneyb is gay?. . .  .anyone can make any claim.

but as for the age of the earth,  .based on biblical evidences and accounts that we have. . . . the age of the earth is 6000 + differences between the first two verses of Genesis.

The numerous sects of christianity is an evidence that shows that the holy spirit is non existent. . . .The so called road to salvation is not even accepted by all christians, some believe that grace alone will save, some believe that grace and work will save, some believe that it is only god\\\'s will that can save a person etc. . . there is NO universal christian doctrine with regards to salvation every sect has his or her own interpretation and opinion. . . .Why does the holy spirit tell people to start different ministries?. . . .

1. have u ever read romans 6:1? it tells u that grace cannot abound while there is sin. I cannot start explaining people\\\'s doctrines. . . thats their business with God.

2. The HS tells people to start different ministries in obedience to the injunction of Christ that the gospel be preached throughout the earth,

The nature of Jesus is still in dispute. . . some believe he is the same person as god while others believe that he is not. .

And those who do not see Jesus as God, what do they see Him as?
Re: An Evolving Religion- Cc Deepsight, Viaro, Mavenbox, by Mavenb0x(m): 3:13pm On Dec 19, 2009
This is still Maven, with a new account.

I took a lot of time to type out my views as a response to Chrisbenogor but Nairaland believed it was SPAM, so I lost my posting privileges and I have tried to get it restored to no avail; I had to register a new account. I'm really tired of this place now and I don't think I can bother typing it out again since I dislike typing.

I am out.

-Mavenbox
Re: An Evolving Religion- Cc Deepsight, Viaro, Mavenbox, by Tudor6(f): 7:14pm On Dec 19, 2009
^^
Serves you right. . . .next time try and convey your ideas without spamming.

Your posts are extremely long and boring. . .a course in effective communication woulda done you much good rather than the wasted hours you spent in bible college.
Re: An Evolving Religion- Cc Deepsight, Viaro, Mavenbox, by Mavenb0x(m): 7:43pm On Dec 19, 2009
@Tudor: undecided undecided Serves me right? What are you, exactly? sad

And what is spamming? My internet connection temporarily failed, so the message was posted twice. Can happen to anyone, so just keep your sandals on. Extremely long and boring because I am often too busy to organize my thoughts before I post, I just type it out very fast 'cos I am often juggling many things at the same time. I guess my oral conversation is far less verbose and circuitous. But, whichever way, I think my posts often serve their purposes because most people understand my perspective at the end of the day.

And for the record, my part-time study at the Bible College was just on the side, a simple add-on to my college degree in Engineering and my certification studies in programming and application development (juggling many things as usual). I have never seen how the theological studies ever constituted wasted hours. Or maybe you can see something that I can't. Whatever bakes your beans, Tudor.

Cheers.
Re: An Evolving Religion- Cc Deepsight, Viaro, Mavenbox, by Tudor6(f): 8:30pm On Dec 19, 2009
Your Posts are unnecessarily long and boring. . . .conduct a poll and you'd find out most pple think so too. . .

It wouldn't kill you present thoughts/ideas in short and clear terms. This is a social networking discussion forum and not a site for your theisis.

I still think your auxilliary bible courses were a waste of time, a single class in human communication woulda changed your life for the better.
Re: An Evolving Religion- Cc Deepsight, Viaro, Mavenbox, by Mavenb0x(m): 8:55pm On Dec 19, 2009
Tudór:

Your Posts are unnecessarily long and boring. . . .conduct a poll and you'd find out most pple think so too. . .

Will do just that. See below:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-369016.0.html

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Pastor & Wife :- Daddy & Mummy Trend In Lagos: / Dealing With Mockers And Scoffers - Annoy, Goshen And All Brethren Please Read / YESHUA Is Christ's Name While Jesus Is A Pagan Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 221
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.