Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:07 AM

Honda Pilot 2010 Has Some Engine Oil Leak - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda Pilot 2010 Has Some Engine Oil Leak (1151 Views)

Honda Pilot 2010 / The All New 2019 Honda Pilot Is Finally Here (photos) / Reasons You Always Have Engine Oil Shortage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honda Pilot 2010 Has Some Engine Oil Leak by Anticannibal(m): 7:21pm On Mar 14, 2017
what are the likely solution to engine oil burning in a honda pilot 2010

Re: Honda Pilot 2010 Has Some Engine Oil Leak by nurey(m): 1:08pm On Mar 15, 2017
nobody will answer you, your query isn't correct, but if your vehicle is burning fuel, then the internal components in the engine are weak (spoilt, not functioning well) we need more reason that led to this, only a certified technician with experience can tell you what to do. If you are financially buoyant, just change the engine completely. If you are cash crunched, let the technician look at the engine if its something he can rebuild for you at a lesser cost but with good quality materials and no i am not a qualified Technician just an auto enthusiast.
Re: Honda Pilot 2010 Has Some Engine Oil Leak by MARKone(m): 1:21pm On Mar 15, 2017
OP same thing with my Accord. Consumes excess oil, yet without any form of visible oil leak or smoke. My mechanic said changing rings might stop that, else Na to change Engine. Recession dey, no be engine we go chop, sha dey top the oil.
Re: Honda Pilot 2010 Has Some Engine Oil Leak by Anticannibal(m): 7:47pm On Mar 15, 2017
MARKone:
OP same thing with my Accord. Consumes excess oil, yet without any form of visible oil leak or smoke. My mechanic said changing rings might stop that, else Na to change Engine. Recession dey, no be engine we go chop, sha dey top the oil.
i was advised never to make attempt of changing the ring as some of the oil are escaping into the combustion chambers as a result of worn or faulty rings or piston.. so the only option left is one to change the complete engine which would cost one not less than 1.3m... i am talking about the honda pilot

1 Like

Re: Honda Pilot 2010 Has Some Engine Oil Leak by MARKone(m): 8:08pm On Mar 15, 2017
Anticannibal:

i was advised never to make attempt of changing the ring as some of the oil are escaping into the combustion chambers as a result of worn or faulty rings or piston.. so the only option left is one to change the complete engine which would cost one not less than 1.3m... i am talking about the honda pilot

That is some serious money to dole out now, check some Honda forum, changing rings worked for some people with similar issue with my Accord, dunno sha, 1.3m is a lot of money for an Engine, maybe the recession no reach ur side.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Used Astro Chevrolet And American Ford GMC At Giveaway Prices / Car Actually / High Influx Of Vehicles Involved In Accidents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.