Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,248 members, 7,807,839 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:29 PM

Forex Traders' Discussions - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Forex Traders' Discussions (11787 Views)

DiamondBank Marketer Flees With Lagos Traders’ Deposits / Breaking: 1000 Pips For Forex Traders This Week!!! / Bill Gates Loan To Nigeria Forex Traders? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Forex Traders' Discussions by mabsam(m): 12:51pm On Dec 18, 2009
Good day, if you trade forex, you can drop any ideas, strategies, systems, signals etc, please no advertisements.

Any information seen here is taken at your risk and are all meant for educational purposes, thank you.
Re: Forex Traders' Discussions by emyworld: 2:16pm On Dec 18, 2009
my broda, heard so much abt forex. what do you guys mean when you say a forex trader has drawdowns
Re: Forex Traders' Discussions by Kashif(m): 2:30pm On Dec 18, 2009
emyworld:

my broda, heard so much abt forex. what do you guys mean when you say a forex trader has drawdowns

It is when a trader experiences a streak of losses. It is not a good time for a trader.

1 Like

Re: Forex Traders' Discussions by emyworld: 2:44pm On Dec 18, 2009
is there hope of bouncing back for the trader?
Re: Forex Traders' Discussions by Kashif(m): 2:45pm On Dec 18, 2009
Mabsam,

I guess you should lead the way with the ideas. You day-trade?
Re: Forex Traders' Discussions by Kashif(m): 2:47pm On Dec 18, 2009
emyworld:

is there hope of bouncing back for the trader?

Sure there is hope if the trader has the following:

1. Education

2. Discipline

3. Patience

He must not double up. He must not try to get back at the market.
Re: Forex Traders' Discussions by emyworld: 2:47pm On Dec 18, 2009
no i dont, my trader said he had drawdowns?
Re: Forex Traders' Discussions by emyworld: 2:48pm On Dec 18, 2009
pls do u trade and where is ur location?
Re: Forex Traders' Discussions by Kashif(m): 2:50pm On Dec 18, 2009
The question was actually for babsam.

emyworld, if somebody is managing your account then I guess he should be good. Drawdown could happen to even George Soros. Strict money management should be employed.
Re: Forex Traders' Discussions by Kashif(m): 2:52pm On Dec 18, 2009
Yeah I trade and in Lagos. Is there any issues?
Re: Forex Traders' Discussions by emyworld: 3:00pm On Dec 18, 2009
do u trade on behalf of pple? if yes, hw many %
Re: Forex Traders' Discussions by Kashif(m): 3:13pm On Dec 18, 2009
no I don't. I wount advise leaving ur acct mgr because of a temporal drawdown unless it has bcome regular.
Re: Forex Traders' Discussions by emyworld: 3:24pm On Dec 18, 2009
pls do u have an idea of how long it takes one to bounce back
Re: Forex Traders' Discussions by Kashif(m): 3:30pm On Dec 18, 2009
It depends on the % of account balance lost, and how good your trader is.
Re: Forex Traders' Discussions by emyworld: 3:34pm On Dec 18, 2009
he told me it would take him 90-120 days to bounce back. if am to start on my own pls wat are the critical things needed? heard so much about the training here in abuja, but really dont know how real they are in terms of impacting the knowledge on forex
Re: Forex Traders' Discussions by Kashif(m): 3:52pm On Dec 18, 2009
So you don't have any idea regarding the size of depletion on your account? Anyway, conservatively, it means he could have lost up to 60% of the account, more or less.

With your current state of mind, if you rush to learn forex now, you are SURE going to finish the remaining balance in just one or two weeks. Forex hates to be rushed so beware - that is the mistake most people make and turn back to say forex is the worst demon out there.

If he is sure it will take him 90 to 120 days to get back then you are better off allowing him run it instead of you trying to do it yourself.

Looking at it realistically, it would take you up to four months (if you are smart), to be able to learn how to make money from trading forex. First, you must learn how not to lose money before learning how to make it. But as it is now, all you are concerned with is to make money. That way brother, you'll lose whatever is left in your account.

Please thread carefully.
Re: Forex Traders' Discussions by emyworld: 3:57pm On Dec 18, 2009
ok thanks a bunch for the advice. i appreciate.
Re: Forex Traders' Discussions by Kashif(m): 3:59pm On Dec 18, 2009
Welcome.
Re: Forex Traders' Discussions by lender(m): 4:53pm On Dec 18, 2009
There is no perfect trading system but good discipline and emotion make a good trader.
Re: Forex Traders' Discussions by Ibiamu(m): 9:02pm On Dec 18, 2009
The dollar is gaining strength since last two weeks
Re: Forex Traders' Discussions by Ibiamu(m): 9:04pm On Dec 18, 2009
I am a forex trader based in Unwana, Afikpo north, Ebonyi state
Re: Forex Traders' Discussions by Ibiamu(m): 9:06pm On Dec 18, 2009
The ability to learn emotional and money management is what you need to succeed in forex trading?
Re: Forex Traders' Discussions by Kashif(m): 8:44am On Dec 19, 2009
Posts are missing here. Moderators, what's the problem?
Re: Forex Traders' Discussions by honeric01(m): 1:13pm On Dec 19, 2009
money management is really something simple yet very hard to adhere to, right now i have a deficit of $755 from my account, my pos are in red but i believe in patience and i am trying to learn how to be more patience, don't ever double your pos when you are losing except when you are close to a retrace.

one more thing, do not trade forex with money you can't lose.
Re: Forex Traders' Discussions by Kashif(m): 9:53pm On Dec 19, 2009
honeric01:

money management is really something simple yet very hard to adhere to, right now i have a deficit of $755 from my account, my pos are in red but i believe in patience and i am trying to learn how to be more patience, don't ever double your pos when you are losing except when you are close to a retrace.

one more thing, do not trade forex with money you can't lose.

Don't double even when you think you have a reversal. Get used to this and you'll be good. Learn when to use a SL. Most times, prices get back from losses to profit but when they don't, they threaten accounts. If you don't us SL then know when reversal is an impossible in a couple of days or even weeks, and cut your losses.

On which pair are you picking the losses? If you are on EURGBP then be careful.
Re: Forex Traders' Discussions by korogba: 12:14pm On Dec 20, 2009
Hi peeps.

Kashif, U seem to have a sound knowlegde of FOREX. How does sum1 start learnin this thing from the scratch. Please can u recommend any particular training centres here in Lagos, manuals, or websites one can use to get a grip of it.

Cheers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Exposed: Buy @ #385 Using Debit/credit Card And Sell @ #450 / Import Ban On 41 Items Remains In Force – CBN / I Need Business IDEAS To Earn 1k Or 2k Daily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.