Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,256 members, 7,807,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:27 PM

Hidden Desire By Blair - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Hidden Desire By Blair (43433 Views)

"Desire" By John Mfon / The Perfect Match(a Short Story By Blair) / Hidden Diamonds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Desire By Blair by blair01(f): 8:29am On Aug 17, 2017
Ralupresh:
over confidence jus dey worry Raymond....

onome there's sth like once beaten twice shy...Abeg no fall this time around
nice story Blair

Thanks dr
Re: Hidden Desire By Blair by blair01(f): 8:30am On Aug 17, 2017
Jane1234f:
You're doing a good work, op, waiting for more update

Thanks dr

1 Like

Re: Hidden Desire By Blair by SalJay(m): 8:40am On Aug 17, 2017
Just wandering why it takes you a while before you normally update(just thinking out loud)

1 Like

Re: Hidden Desire By Blair by Chummypinky(f): 9:32am On Aug 17, 2017
SalJay:
Just wandering why it takes you a while before you normally update(just thinking out loud)
abi oo lol..... you have a great story here....please update soon.....more MB too ur phone o
Re: Hidden Desire By Blair by EllaGold35(f): 1:34pm On Aug 17, 2017
Wait oh,Raymond shouldn't try anything stupid,o
Re: Hidden Desire By Blair by blair01(f): 9:21pm On Aug 17, 2017
glad you guys are now commenting. Am encouraged to write now,thank you all.I try to update more frequently

Ehimare
I walked 'Mariposa'back to her office,If it were left for me I wouldn't mind spending the whole day with her but she had to return back to work.
Thanks for spending your lunch break with me,It was awesome.I told her.
I should be thanking you instead she said smiling sweetly.

Her secretary interrupted our moment and informed her she had an appointment.

Appointment? I thought I had none till 2pm she said staring at her wristwatch.

Yes ma,but I just fixed one since it very important. Am sorry ma.

Yes ma..she said and left.

I got the message and gave her a brief hug.

Thanks again I said.

Call me when you are at your office

I will.

I opened the door and met Raymond been led by Mariposa's secretary.. Was he the appointment she was talking about? He stopped when he saw me with a questioning look.

What are you doing here?he asked waving the secretary off.

I should be asking you that ,I said with a clenched fist.What did he want again?was he not satisfied breaking her heart,what kind of man was he?

Well If you wanna know..I came to see my girlfriend but I must warn you to stay clear from her,there are thousands of fishes out there we don't have to share one.

He made to walk away but I held him back.

Am not letting you in there,I won't sit back and watch you hurt the woman I love the third time..it's either you walk away or I will do something we'll both regret.

Bravo!I thought you were my best friend but I never knew you went behind my back hitting on my lady'..

I wanted to say something but stopped when I saw Mariposa staring at us with surprise written all over her face.

I can explain

You two no each othershe asked confused.

Yes,His m shameless best friend.,look I don't know what lies his been telling you about me but I can explain 'Mine' let talk about 'us'.Raymond said moving closer to her.

Mariposa look,I want you to calm down let me explain everything please.

I told you everything,You acted like you knew nothing ..covering your friend tracks.I thought I could confide in you..how dare you pretend to me.You two should get the hell outta this premises before I call the security on you...and I don't ever want to see your faces again.

I could see the tears hanging in her eyes..I knew I had hurt her but I was only waiting for the right time to tell her.
Mariposa don't...

Just shut the hell,I was stupid for trusting you she said and walked out of me .

The last thing I would have wanted was falling for my bestfriend ex but we could never tell the heart who to love.And for that I was gonna protect her from getting hurt even if she hates me for it.I took a glance at my friend who was becoming a stranger and left.
Onome
After my encounter with those 'two',the rest of the day was bad although I tried not to act unprofessional while handling my remaining assignment for the day.
After work,I drove to the beach Ehis had taken me the day before.I couldn't understand the peace I found there.I pulled of my shoes and blazer placed them at the passenger seat and left after ensuring my car was locked.

I let my feet enjoy the romance from the water wishing my life was as peaceful as the evening breeze..Recently everything seemed to be falling apart,I thought been that reserved lady was gonna save me from headaches but I was wrong. I felt broken not because of Raymond but for Ehis who betrayed me..To think that I always felt secured with him was what I couldn't understand. I let out the tears I had withheld the whole day screaming at the top of my voice..If there was one thing I learnt from him,was to let it all out but never to cry for that same thing again.

I left the beach quite late,I saw several misscalls from Ehis and mum.I knew mum was gonna worry,I never stay out late except on rare occasions. I hit the road immediately after texting her on my way home.

parked my car at it spot and hurried upstairs only to meet the worried faces of my parents.
Dad,mum am sorry I should have called earlier..I got carried away,I didn't know I will stay that long.

Its alright honey, we were just worried mum said giving me a brief hug.

I would like to rest now,excuse me.

Baby, remember I told you I was gonna tell you something before you left this morning.

Can't it wait till tommorow mum,am exhausted.

We know that Onome and we wouldn't have bothered you about it if it wernt important because we know how tired you are..Dad said a little more convincing.
I bit my lower lip,giving them that questioning look before seating on my favourite sofa beside them.

You have to promise us this isn't gonna change what you feel about us mum said pleadingly

Come on mummy ,nothing is gonna change my love for you two...I was sure of that,they were all I had.

You're a twin ,Dad said counting his every word.

A twinhow is that possible. how come I haven't heard anything about this twin of mine.

Mum was already shedding tears,I hate to see mum sad.She was my weakpoint.
We had nothing when we had you two in our second year of marriage. We couldn't even cater for ourselves properly and a good neighbour introduced us to a couple who had been childless for 14years.They were ready to do anything to have even just one child They confronted us about selling one of our twins for a huge sum of money at that time..we never wanted to do it,but at some point your twin fell very Ill and after running a test on her,we found out that she had pneumonia and she needed special attention so we had no choice than to exchange her.we didn't want to lose her..mum said crying uncontrollably.

I couldn't control my tears..what If I was the one that had been sold?

So where Is she now?

The couples left for U.s after paying us and we never heard anything from them until last
month your mother came across the neighbour that introduced us to those couples and she told us our daughter was in the country.
Where is she now? have you seen her?

Yes but she had vowed not to have anything to do with us.

I didn't know what moved me but I found myself running upstairs were I broke down on my bed'.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Desire By Blair by eitsei(m): 9:27pm On Aug 17, 2017
Hmmmm
Re: Hidden Desire By Blair by Rodriguez12(m): 9:39pm On Aug 17, 2017
Hmmm breathtaking..... nice Wrk blair...oya kwantunu

1 Like

Re: Hidden Desire By Blair by Gabriella1710(f): 9:55pm On Aug 17, 2017
tnx for d update ,nice story ,poor Onome !!

1 Like

Re: Hidden Desire By Blair by SalJay(m): 10:47pm On Aug 17, 2017
so if I did not comment and Chummypinky quote my comment, u wudn't update?

We have known your password.
Chummypinky come and quote me again so dat she can come and complete this suspense filled story ooo

1 Like

Re: Hidden Desire By Blair by vivienD: 4:13pm On Aug 18, 2017
Twin Ke i think the twin is jessica
Re: Hidden Desire By Blair by Jane1234f(f): 10:19pm On Aug 19, 2017
Your story is a good one, please continue don't give up, we will always support you with our comments
Re: Hidden Desire By Blair by blair01(f): 10:59am On Aug 20, 2017
SalJay:
so if I did not comment and Chummypinky quote my comment, u wudn't update?

We have known your password.
Chummypinky come and quote me again so dat she can come and complete this suspense filled story ooo

Lol..comments are writer's fuel you should know that
Re: Hidden Desire By Blair by blair01(f): 11:00am On Aug 20, 2017
Jane1234f:
Your story is a good one, please continue don't give up, we will always support you with our comments

Thanks dear,am cooking an update
Re: Hidden Desire By Blair by seanaddy(m): 11:36am On Aug 20, 2017
blair01:

Thanks dear,am cooking an update

Okay. Taking too long sha o
Re: Hidden Desire By Blair by blair01(f): 8:40pm On Aug 20, 2017
Goodevening my people??how una dey.I wrote this since morning.Have been quite busy to post that's all.

Ehimare
Mum!I exclaimed. She was looking more fleshy than the last time I saw her..her light skin glowing as usual.Truthfully I hadn't set my eyes on her for 6months,since the last time she invited a pastor over to conduct deliverance for me not having a girlfriend or any intentions for marriage. But today I had come on my sister's insistence to make mum happy.

Omome(my child)she said hugging me tightly

Mummy',you're looking good.Dad is doing a good job I teased.

Osenobuan,finally you have decided to come home.

Mum,let's leave that aside,am really famished here I said rubbing my stomach.
Your sister and her friend are in the kitchen,that reminds me that girl is very beautiful and can make for a good wife why dont you..

Mum please I cut her short.Not again.

What exactly are you scared of?you are 34,well to do.just what do you want..if you want your wedding to be the talk of the town so be it,am reading to do anything.Just go out there and pick any lady of your choice.I want to see my grandchildren,all my mates have grandchildren except me.

Mummmmm.just stop,okay fine.There's someone I love,all I need is just time to make it right with her.

You mean you love someone, mum smilled happily.

Yes mum..but give me time.My mind went to
my heartbeat "Mariposa". I hadn't spoken to her in days,she had refused picking my calls and seeing me but I wasn't giving up until she hears me out.

Hi bro,my sis greeted with ESE who seemed to be avoiding my gaze.

Lil sis what's up?hi ESE can I have a word with you?I said to her when I noticed how uncomfortable my presence was to her.

We moved to the balcony before I asked her what was wrong.

Nothing.. It just you promised to make it up to me and you never did since then.

Am sorry about that,have been really busy but If it's okay with you.. Can we go out after lunch?we could go to any place of your choice.
Yea..There's this movie they are showing tonight and I would love to watch it..her mood had lightened.

That's great,movie it is then.

We went back inside when mum started complaining the food was getting cold.

Onome

After What my parents told me,I tried as much as I can not to act awkward around them.Especially mum who was depressed about the whole thing.I wasn't mad at them,I knew the kind of parents I had..they were the type that could do anything for a child.And the situation they found themselves was what they couldn't handle..there was no reason to harbour anger towards them.Somehow I found myself smiling at the thought of a sister,SoI talked to mum about us going to convince her further,just maybe she could accept knowing her desperately I want to be in her life.

All through the ride mum was crying,I could handle anything but not seeing my mum cry.I put the car to an halt at the side of the road and held her hands.

Mum,you dont have to be scared.Am here for you.. I know you made a mistake of which you had no choice,You didn't want to watch her die so you gave her to safer hands although there was a money exchange. We are going to explain to her and If she fails to understand we'll give her time .But I want you to put yourself together and I promise you,no matter how things turn out am here for you.

She envoloped me in a hug while I patted her back.I turned on the ignition when I noticed she was better

Pull over,the next gate is her's.

I parked the car and ensured it was locked before going in with mum.

My eyes wandered around the compound, It seemed preety cool.Though they were lots of flats in it..I wondered why she wasn't staying with her supposed parents and why did she return anyway??I took a deep breath as my supposed sister came out on a towel..it was obvious she just had a shower.

My mouth flew open

"Jessica"

You?she screamed.

Please dont tell me this is my suppose twin'..she said to no one in particular with disgust in her eyes".
You two no each other?mum asked me.

Yeah mum,I do know her.Images of the day she humiliated played in my head.

Get the hell out of here both of you'..she said and slammed the door to our faces.

Jessica please you've got to listen to our explanation... I beg you. Even if you hate me,please give mum a chance..I promise you she'll be the best mum you'v ever had.

All my pleas were turned deaf ears as she never opened up.

I turned to see mum crying.

Mum it okay I promise,let's just give her time.

The ride back home was quite,no movement was made..I know we were both fighting with our thoughts..how on earth should I have known jess was my twin! The first day I saw her,I had wanted to be in her shoes..be the woman for Raymond! That bastard I cursed.So we actually loved one man....the world was such a small place.

If there's one thing you should do jess is to use this opportunity to fight back, she stole your man from you,and because of her you never got the opportunity to know your real parents..dont you think you should put her in her place instead of crying over spilled milk.

Her girlfriend advised.

It not that easy baby,Is just so hard to believe.I so hate that girl right now,I wish I could strangle her to death.

You got to take charge here..move into that house and take your rightful position.
Uhmm..I will think about it.

There's nothing to think about..come here baby' she smacked her on her buttocks.

Stop turning me on ,am in no mood for i t jess said standing up.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Desire By Blair by seanaddy(m): 7:37pm On Aug 21, 2017
blair01:
Goodevening my people??how una dey.I wrote this since morning.Have been quite busy to post that's all.

Ehimare
Mum!I exclaimed. She was looking more fleshy than the last time I saw her..her light skin glowing as usual.Truthfully I hadn't set my eyes on her for 6months,since the last time she invited a pastor over to conduct deliverance for me not having a girlfriend or any intentions for marriage. But today I had come on my sister's insistence to make mum happy.

Omome(my child)she said hugging me tightly

Mummy',you're looking good.Dad is doing a good job I teased.

Osenobuan,finally you have decided to come home.

Mum,let's leave that aside,am really famished here I said rubbing my stomach.
Your sister and her friend are in the kitchen,that reminds me that girl is very beautiful and can make for a good wife why dont you..

Mum please I cut her short.Not again.

What exactly are you scared of?you are 34,well to do.just what do you want..if you want your wedding to be the talk of the town so be it,am reading to do anything.Just go out there and pick any lady of your choice.I want to see my grandchildren,all my mates have grandchildren except me.

Mummmmm.just stop,okay fine.There's someone I love,all I need is just time to make it right with her.

You mean you love someone, mum smilled happily.

Yes mum..but give me time.My mind went to
my heartbeat "Mariposa". I hadn't spoken to her in days,she had refused picking my calls and seeing me but I wasn't giving up until she hears me out.

Hi bro,my sis greeted with ESE who seemed to be avoiding my gaze.

Lil sis what's up?hi ESE can I have a word with you?I said to her when I noticed how uncomfortable my presence was to her.

We moved to the balcony before I asked her what was wrong.

Nothing.. It just you promised to make it up to me and you never did since then.

Am sorry about that,have been really busy but If it's okay with you.. Can we go out after lunch?we could go to any place of your choice.
Yea..There's this movie they are showing tonight and I would love to watch it..her mood had lightened.

That's great,movie it is then.

We went back inside when mum started complaining the food was getting cold.

Onome

After What my parents told me,I tried as much as I can not to act awkward around them.Especially mum who was depressed about the whole thing.I wasn't mad at them,I knew the kind of parents I had..they were the type that could do anything for a child.And the situation they found themselves was what they couldn't handle..there was no reason to harbour anger towards them.Somehow I found myself smiling at the thought of a sister,SoI talked to mum about us going to convince her further,just maybe she could accept knowing her desperately I want to be in her life.

All through the ride mum was crying,I could handle anything but not seeing my mum cry.I put the car to an halt at the side of the road and held her hands.

Mum,you dont have to be scared.Am here for you.. I know you made a mistake of which you had no choice,You didn't want to watch her die so you gave her to safer hands although there was a money exchange. We are going to explain to her and If she fails to understand we'll give her time .But I want you to put yourself together and I promise you,no matter how things turn out am here for you.

She envoloped me in a hug while I patted her back.I turned on the ignition when I noticed she was better

Pull over,the next gate is her's.

I parked the car and ensured it was locked before going in with mum.

My eyes wandered around the compound, It seemed preety cool.Though they were lots of flats in it..I wondered why she wasn't staying with her supposed parents and why did she return anyway??I took a deep breath as my supposed sister came out on a towel..it was obvious she just had a shower.

My mouth flew open

"Jessica"

You?she screamed.

Please dont tell me this is my suppose twin'..she said to no one in particular with disgust in her eyes".
You two no each other?mum asked me.

Yeah mum,I do know her.Images of the day she humiliated played in my head.

Get the hell out of here both of you'..she said and slammed the door to our faces.

Jessica please you've got to listen to our explanation... I beg you. Even if you hate me,please give mum a chance..I promise you she'll be the best mum you'v ever had.

All my pleas were turned deaf ears as she never opened up.

I turned to see mum crying.

Mum it okay I promise,let's just give her time.

The ride back home was quite,no movement was made..I know we were both fighting with our thoughts..how on earth should I have known jess was my twin! The first day I saw her,I had wanted to be in her shoes..be the woman for Raymond! That bastard I cursed.So we actually loved one man....the world was such a small place.

If there's one thing you should do jess is to use this opportunity to fight back, she stole your man from you,and because of her you never got the opportunity to know your real parents..dont you think you should put her in her place instead of crying over spilled milk.

Her girlfriend advised.

It not that easy baby,Is just so hard to believe.I so hate that girl right now,I wish I could strangle her to death.

You got to take charge here..move into that house and take your rightful position.
Uhmm..I will think about it.

There's nothing to think about..come here baby' she smacked her on her buttocks.

Stop turning me on ,am in no mood for i t jess said standing up.

Really!!!... Wow... I foresee danger..

1 Like

Re: Hidden Desire By Blair by Jane1234f(f): 9:09pm On Aug 21, 2017
Ride on

1 Like

Re: Hidden Desire By Blair by bobostykah(m): 9:48pm On Aug 21, 2017
Please keep up the good work. Awaiting more updates

1 Like

Re: Hidden Desire By Blair by Rodriguez12(m): 11:07pm On Aug 22, 2017
Blair is it comments u need b4 u update or a lot of viewers?
Any1 u nid jus say the word
Re: Hidden Desire By Blair by vivienD: 10:50am On Aug 23, 2017
Hmmmmmmmmmm I foresee danger.. blair01 Biko protect onome for me o embarassed
Re: Hidden Desire By Blair by blair01(f): 3:40pm On Aug 23, 2017
Rodriguez12:
Blair is it comments u need b4 u update or a lot of viewers?
Any1 u nid jus say the word

I need both o.Your comments are like my energy booster that's why I will appreciate them if they keep coming
Re: Hidden Desire By Blair by blair01(f): 3:41pm On Aug 23, 2017
vivienD:
Hmmmmmmmmmm I foresee danger.. blair01 Biko protect onome for me o embarassed

Can't promise anything o..

I will update before 10pm,till then let's keep our fingers crossed.

Thank you all
Re: Hidden Desire By Blair by Osman1996(m): 5:07pm On Aug 23, 2017
Lurkinq!!!
Re: Hidden Desire By Blair by Ralupresh(f): 11:15pm On Aug 23, 2017
blair01:

Can't promise anything o..
I will update before 10pm,till then let's keep our fingers crossed.
Thank you all
please its 11:16 still waiting for the update
Re: Hidden Desire By Blair by blair01(f): 12:13am On Aug 24, 2017
Am sorry guys..the network has been bad .I had to sleep and wake up.

Onome

I had been sitting in the confrence room for 2hours delibrelating with my colleagues for a contract which wasnt forthcoming but they seemed too blind to see.Atlas my prayers were answered the board meeting had been postponed. The recent happenings in my life had made me loss concentration on my job.I wished for the umpteenth time everything would be alright.My mind kept drifting to Ehis,I missed him though. I had known him for a few days but a part of me was already affected by his absence.All I wanted was for my sis to accept us in her life..love could wait.

The vibration on my phone interrupted my thoughts .
"Am coming back next week".

Fear ran down my spine as I read the message again.

Another trouble on my part.. David was coming back.

Ehimare

I waited patiently for her in my car,I knew she was coming out anytime soon .I had missed her terribly,I hadn't seen her in 3days.
" Mariposa".
My mouth flew open when I saw her,she was looking more beautiful but distressed as well.
Something wasn't well at all.
I came out as fast as I could

What are you doing here?she asked without staring me a glance..hastening her footsteps.

I want to talk to you,you've refused picking my calls.. At least hear me out first.

Am not intreasted.

Mariposa"

She entered her car and zoomed off.

No..I wasn't going to let her go like that,I wanted my sleep and peace of mind.3days without her has been hell.

I waited for her to drive out before following suit.

After a few minutes,I watched her come down pacing around furiously.The cloud had gathered, there was no doubt it was going to rain in few
I knew her car must have broken down,I came down and went to her aid.

Smiling mischievously I asked'
You need help?
No I don't. She replied coldly dailing the number mechanic.

Come on Mariposa,before your mechanic get here you are definitely gonna get drenched.

None of your business.

I walked back to my car and rested on it..thankfully there was no vehicle on the road.

After few minutes, It started to rain heavily,I pleaded with her to get Inside my car but she refused.I never knew she could be that stubborn. I pulled my jacket and placed it over her.
But she brushed it away'..seeing her angry even made her more beautiful '

I couldn't let her get drenched.. So I did the unthinkable. Before I could say jack'..I fastened my lips on hers.It was embarrassing to admit I was kissing a lady for the first time.But my tongue knew the way in and out..I her lips tasted sweater than I had even imagined.I pulled away after sometime breathing heavily but surprisingly she wrapped her hands over my neck..allowing me to explore her mouth.The rain was now heavy didn't seem to bother us...I felt fulfilled hugging her after the kiss.Her clothes were stucked to her body'..making me lust after her shamelessly.

She followed me to the car thereafter,I explained everything to her and atlas she believed me.

I wasn't distant because I thought you betrayed me,there's been so much going on in my life recently'

What exactly Mariposa?

Am a twin...I could see unshed tears in her eyes.

You're a twin?How come.I asked suprised

She brushed her falling hair behind her ears and cleared her throat..while all my attention was focused on her.

Am a twin Ehis, mum and dad sold my twin while we were babies because they weren't able to cater for us and my twin was the weaker one.

What??my goodness.I held her hands in mine..and urged her to continue

I was shocked,I knew that feeling. And when she told me it was Jessica I was speechless.

I know jess,she wasn't stone hearted.All she needed was time.

I pulled her to my arms,while she sobbed louder.

The world was such a small place.I didn't want her catching cold..so I took her home.

I had pulled in front of her house,when we got lost staring at each other.

She was everything I wanted..and I wasted no time before spilling the words.

Be my girl'..I can't promise not to hurt you but I will make you happy..

She was quiet for what seemed like ages.

I know now is the wrong timing considering ur family issues..but am always gonna be here if you aren't ready'

Yes.

I had thought I heard her wrongly'

You sayI asked again.

I said yes!I will be your lady are you deaf she shouted.

I couldn't help but laugh as we hugged.she looked more Beautiful when upset.

We shared a quick kiss and I went out to open the door as the gentleman I was.

Take care Mariposa.

Call me when you get home she said walking in.

I drove home like the happiest man alive smiling sheepishly.

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Desire By Blair by Jane1234f(f): 5:11am On Aug 24, 2017
Wow..nice
Re: Hidden Desire By Blair by Jasminelove(f): 6:37am On Aug 24, 2017
Nice one dear
Re: Hidden Desire By Blair by vivienD: 4:59pm On Aug 24, 2017
Biko who is David
Re: Hidden Desire By Blair by blair01(f): 5:27pm On Aug 24, 2017
vivienD:
Biko who is David

The guy she was dating that manipulated everything about her...but had travelled to meet his sick mother in the village.
Re: Hidden Desire By Blair by Eniqurl(f): 5:33pm On Aug 24, 2017
Hm sweeeet!
Re: Hidden Desire By Blair by kolatobs(m): 6:18pm On Aug 24, 2017
Madam Blair

hmm well done ooooo shocked shocked shocked. Don't worry excuse will soon finish. I hope by then we would be getting constant Update.

Anyway i am enjoying the story ride on. grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Hearts Of Steel / Boy Approaches Wole Soyinka During Train Ride, Asks For His Autograph (Video) / Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.