Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,117 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:25 AM

Buhari Okays N4,500 Subsidy For N-power Graduates To Buy Tablets - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Buhari Okays N4,500 Subsidy For N-power Graduates To Buy Tablets (21294 Views)

Five Million Applied For N-power Batch C - Sadiya Umar Farouq, Minister / FCT N-power Graduates 106 Trainees / N-Power Graduates In Kaduna Undergoing Verification Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Okays N4,500 Subsidy For N-power Graduates To Buy Tablets by Nobody: 9:38pm On Mar 14, 2017
ABUJA-Federal government has approved the sum of N4,500 for each of the 200,000 beneficiaries of N-Power Volunteer Corps jobs for the purchase of an enhanced electronic device.
The device would be loaded with different applications that would further improve the skills of the beneficiaries and afford them additional training opportunities during the two-year duration of the job program.
Also, a total of 149, 669 Nigerian graduates of the 200,000 are now collecting their monthly stipends of N30,000 monthly having been physically verified and deployed across the 36 states and FCT.
Mr. Laolu Akande, the Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity to Vice President Yemi Osinbajo made the disclosure while giving update on the Social Investment Programmes of the present administration.
According to Akande who issued a statement, the device grant was in conjunction with the Bank of Industry (BoI) which has extended an asset finance of 20 months to each of the 200,000 N-Power beneficiaries.
He explained: “While each of the beneficiaries after being verified would select their choice of device amongst nine different BOI pre-approved vendors, the price ranges from N3,000 to N6,700 monthly deductions for the next 20months.
“Therefore in some cases the N4,500 device grant would cover the full monthly deduction cost while in other cases the graduate authorizes BOI to deduct the additional differential cost from their monthly stipends depending on the device chosen.”
The Vice President’s Spokesman also noted that “6 of the 9 BOI pre-approved vendors are indigenous local brands in pursuit of the Buhari administration’s push for Local Content.”
He said “almost 100,000 graduate N-Power beneficiaries have completed their orders for the devices, adding that the Bank of Industry is in charge of affecting the orders made. The plan is to conduct the order of the devices in two batches of 100,000 each, one after the other.
“It was further disclosed that all the 149,669 N-Power beneficiaries now collecting their stipends have been physically verified and deployed, while their given bank account information have also been matched with the Bank Verification Number.”
The SSA said that “in December, about 112,475 of the N-Power graduate beneficiaries received the N30,000 monthly stipends, and the number came close to 150,000, both in January and February meaning about that number are now receiving their up-to-date stipends from the N-Power Volunteer Corps.”
Akande also noted “that now beneficiaries across the 36 States of the Federation, and the FCT have been verified, totaling the 150,000 figure. He said the balance 50,000 of the 200,000 beneficiaries engaged by the FG are those who so far could not be paid for various reasons.
“This includes those who were disqualified during verification on the basis of age-over 35, and inadequate academic qualification. The N-Power is for university, polytechnics and College of Education graduates only. There were also some of the selected 200,000 who were ‘no shows’ meaning they simply did not report for verification at all.
Others who could not be paid were those whose personal information details were faulty, including those whose marital status have changed. There are also those who used different names and differing personal information. And lastly there are also those whose banking information simply do not match with their BVN banking records.
In the case of those whose marital status have changed, Akande explained that their information is now being updated through the various States and FCT Focal Persons and then they would be represented for payment.
He also disclosed that those who have sought redeployment to other states are among the 50,000 and in such cases, they will be considered alongside those to be replaced from the N-Power waiting list where necessary.
“The process for the replacement of those who did not show up and those disqualified would also resume shortly to bring the number back to 200,000 for the first batch of the 500,000 promised by the Buhari administration”, he said.
Re: Buhari Okays N4,500 Subsidy For N-power Graduates To Buy Tablets by Nobody: 9:38pm On Mar 14, 2017
Re: Buhari Okays N4,500 Subsidy For N-power Graduates To Buy Tablets by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 9:39pm On Mar 14, 2017
#4,500 for Panodol tablet abi which tablet them they talk undecided

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Okays N4,500 Subsidy For N-power Graduates To Buy Tablets by Vickiweezy(m): 9:42pm On Mar 14, 2017
undecided
Re: Buhari Okays N4,500 Subsidy For N-power Graduates To Buy Tablets by Wackyrichy(m): 9:46pm On Mar 14, 2017
Yeye dey smell

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Okays N4,500 Subsidy For N-power Graduates To Buy Tablets by Nobody: 9:46pm On Mar 14, 2017
baba, just do the right thing and make Nigeria great.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Okays N4,500 Subsidy For N-power Graduates To Buy Tablets by odogwubiafra: 10:23pm On Mar 14, 2017
Scam everywhere! The father of scam at I again. Investigate and punish the subsidy participants accordingly, start the payment of fuel and kerosene subsidy to the right importers and alleviate the sufferings in the land, rather than provide for your cronies.

This government is a colossal failure.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Okays N4,500 Subsidy For N-power Graduates To Buy Tablets by honestivo(m): 4:24am On Mar 15, 2017
So when are they going to balance the payment for those that have not received the December stipend but have received subsequent one ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Okays N4,500 Subsidy For N-power Graduates To Buy Tablets by AutosBay(m): 6:42am On Mar 15, 2017
Lies, lies, lies flying everywhere, the hell fire wey this Akande go enter na special one

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Okays N4,500 Subsidy For N-power Graduates To Buy Tablets by naija1stpikin: 7:37am On Mar 15, 2017
which tablet are we talking here? Paracetamol or Artesunate or Lonart? #4500 subsidy? This government is a joke

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Okays N4,500 Subsidy For N-power Graduates To Buy Tablets by Donald7610: 7:38am On Mar 15, 2017
Good
Re: Buhari Okays N4,500 Subsidy For N-power Graduates To Buy Tablets by sham8co(m): 7:39am On Mar 15, 2017
I have not even receive any thing since the commencement of the program and I already reported.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Okays N4,500 Subsidy For N-power Graduates To Buy Tablets by dessz(m): 7:39am On Mar 15, 2017
OK
Re: Buhari Okays N4,500 Subsidy For N-power Graduates To Buy Tablets by itiswellandwell: 7:39am On Mar 15, 2017
Good.

Nice points

Are you a student? This below link might be of interest to
you. Check the link and take advantage of the ongoing
promo.

https://www.nairaland.com/3657298/low-start-up-capital-
business
Re: Buhari Okays N4,500 Subsidy For N-power Graduates To Buy Tablets by Nobody: 7:39am On Mar 15, 2017
4,500 shocked

Na panadol abi procold tablets them wan use am buy

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Okays N4,500 Subsidy For N-power Graduates To Buy Tablets by themonk(m): 7:40am On Mar 15, 2017
cheesy
Re: Buhari Okays N4,500 Subsidy For N-power Graduates To Buy Tablets by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 7:41am On Mar 15, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:

I guess you are talking from experience, Is that what GEJ share for you guys during the SURE-P days?

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Okays N4,500 Subsidy For N-power Graduates To Buy Tablets by Bj5all(m): 7:42am On Mar 15, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:

Before commenting y not read the full story first?

It's a monthly deduction from their salary.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Okays N4,500 Subsidy For N-power Graduates To Buy Tablets by Proffdada: 7:42am On Mar 15, 2017
Before dem finish the deduction better tab go Don come out grin

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Okays N4,500 Subsidy For N-power Graduates To Buy Tablets by Sebastine1994(m): 7:42am On Mar 15, 2017
Wash or bribe
Re: Buhari Okays N4,500 Subsidy For N-power Graduates To Buy Tablets by Ifeconwaba(m): 7:43am On Mar 15, 2017
this administration stupid die

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Okays N4,500 Subsidy For N-power Graduates To Buy Tablets by freddie82(m): 7:43am On Mar 15, 2017
Pls no China products abeg
Re: Buhari Okays N4,500 Subsidy For N-power Graduates To Buy Tablets by Princefrankie1(m): 7:44am On Mar 15, 2017
odogwubiafra:
Scam everywhere! The father of scam at I again. Investigate and punish the subsidy participants accordingly, start the payment of fuel and kerosene subsidy to the right importers and alleviate the sufferings in the land, rather than provide for your cronies.

Dundee United. Read you no fit read. Illiterate claiming intellect

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Okays N4,500 Subsidy For N-power Graduates To Buy Tablets by Sebastine1994(m): 7:44am On Mar 15, 2017
If you give me I will sell it oh. I will even steal people's own and sell. Na hunger dey kill me.
Re: Buhari Okays N4,500 Subsidy For N-power Graduates To Buy Tablets by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 7:44am On Mar 15, 2017
odogwubiafra:

hahaha when they launch the N-Power you and your likes are shouting it's a scam until people started collecting their stipend and now you still call this a scam... I hope you won't bite your finger in future for not taking advantage of it based on hatred..

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Okays N4,500 Subsidy For N-power Graduates To Buy Tablets by Sebastine1994(m): 7:45am On Mar 15, 2017
They want to finish the destiny of my nigerian brother's. This one that some people's phone control their brains already.

This government is doing everything up side down. Who even advice the president. Is this supposed to be a step in the right direction or what? To what purpose is this? When nigerian youths already have phones or tablet that is biggerthan my head.

Buhari. Buhari. Buhari. How many times I call you?
Re: Buhari Okays N4,500 Subsidy For N-power Graduates To Buy Tablets by dahunsy(f): 7:45am On Mar 15, 2017
Coughs*** clears throat# to buy or to be supplied ? Trust me d contract as been awarded already angry
Re: Buhari Okays N4,500 Subsidy For N-power Graduates To Buy Tablets by askjohnprosper: 7:45am On Mar 15, 2017
Others received yesterday but I'm yet to received mine. Abeg papa God. This is Rivers state.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Okays N4,500 Subsidy For N-power Graduates To Buy Tablets by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 7:45am On Mar 15, 2017
honestivo:
So when are they going to balance the payment for those that have not received the December stipend but have received subsequent one ?

No balance for them since they did not verify themself then...
Re: Buhari Okays N4,500 Subsidy For N-power Graduates To Buy Tablets by remiopash: 7:45am On Mar 15, 2017
odogwubiafra:

I THINK YOU ARE ONE OF THE PEOPLE BADLY AFFECTED BY THE SANITATION GOING IN THE PETROLEUM SECTOR,ESPECIALLY AS RELATED TO SUBSIDY SCAM?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Okays N4,500 Subsidy For N-power Graduates To Buy Tablets by Princefrankie1(m): 7:46am On Mar 15, 2017
I pity the future of our country Nigeria. Most of our youths can not read a short epistle of at least 5 paragraphs. Yet they will rush to comment on what they don't understand.

The comments I have seen here are heartbreaking. I hope those commenting this way are just kids of about 15 to 17 years of age, else Nigeria as a country has no future with this citizenry of ignoramuses.

It's just pathetic.

12 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can I Still Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree In Accounting? / How Would You Answer This Interview Question / Apply For Nigeria Bottling Company Latest Job Recruitment (4 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.