Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,567 members, 7,809,066 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:12 PM

Hameed Ali Fails To Honour Senate’s Invitation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hameed Ali Fails To Honour Senate’s Invitation (22431 Views)

Photos Of Hameed Ali Answering Questions In The Senate Today / Senator Yayi Tells Hameed Ali: "Go Back And Wear Uniform" / Senators Hold Close Door Meeting With Customs Boss Hameed Ali. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hameed Ali Fails To Honour Senate’s Invitation by dre11(m): 12:00pm On Mar 15, 2017
Leke Baiyewu, Abuja

Comptroller General of Nigeria Customs Service , Col . Hameed Ali ( retd . ) , on Wednesday , failed to appear before the Senate.

Ali said he was bereaved .

“ I ’ ll make myself available whenever I ’ m needed in future, ” the Customs CG told the Senate in his second letter to the President of the Senate, Senator Bukola Saraki, which was read at the plenary on Wednesday.

Saraki also read a statement issued by the NCS , in which the service said the policy on payments of duties on old vehicles had been ‘ put on hold’.

The lawmakers have , however , expressed their dissatisfaction with Ali ’s excuses for his nonappearance.

Details later …

http://punchng.com/customs-cg-ali-fails-to-appear-before-senate/

Re: Hameed Ali Fails To Honour Senate’s Invitation by HungerBAD: 12:03pm On Mar 15, 2017
The Senate sef.

It is within your powers to invite him to the Senate floor to answer to your questions,but I am a bit confused with you guys trying to force him to put on a Custom Khaki.

Is that even legal?Where are the Law Scholars here?to the writer below me,how is he proud?

This means the Minister of Health,When called has to appear in the White Doctors Scrub,and,or the Agricultural Minister when called,has to appear in his farm work clothes.

The Senate should be serious for once,so that we can take them serious too.

--Modified--

It is very sad that a lot of people don't know the difference between a Political Appointment and a Professional Appointment. This is a Political Appointment,and he is not obligated in anyway to touch the Uniform.

This is a Political Appointment just the like Ministerial and Ambassadorial Positions. If the Senate had kicked earlier against the Appointment of an outsider,From the initial stage,I would have understood.

That is why I don't get this their new grand standing.

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Hameed Ali Fails To Honour Senate’s Invitation by thinkdip(m): 12:06pm On Mar 15, 2017
This man is too proud and irritating! Buhari government just showed us that subsequently we can actually demean the National Assembly. We've lost our democracy my people.
The poster above me forgot something important.
Then tell the IGP to stop wearing uniform.
Tell the COAS to stop wearing his uniform for Jean and shirt.
Tell the Air force chief to trow away his uniform
Tell the Navy chief to start wearing agbada.
He must have forgoten their job description.
A lot of people have being quoting me since, but all I can deduce is that they don't know custom job is also a military job. It seems thats why they are spilling nonsense
Ali also sworn to the same oath the other did, so he is biding to every custom rules.

91 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Hameed Ali Fails To Honour Senate’s Invitation by landinfo: 12:13pm On Mar 15, 2017
Cos he has the backing of his boss, Pmb....history will judge Nigeria cos it's shameful to defend ur certificate with 15 SANs inclusive of Falana, go abroad for health issues after banning ur surbodinates from doing so, silently keeping mute with the killings by herdsmen, favouring ur kinsmen over other tribes, etc
As they always say "time would judge/tell"

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Hameed Ali Fails To Honour Senate’s Invitation by Giddyperson: 12:13pm On Mar 15, 2017
cheesy
Re: Hameed Ali Fails To Honour Senate’s Invitation by datola: 12:13pm On Mar 15, 2017
Nigeria with daily drama

1 Like

Re: Hameed Ali Fails To Honour Senate’s Invitation by ChristyB(f): 12:13pm On Mar 15, 2017
See how people get away with things easily in this country. na wa ooo

6 Likes

Re: Hameed Ali Fails To Honour Senate’s Invitation by erico2k2(m): 12:13pm On Mar 15, 2017
HungerBAD:
The Senate sef.

It is within your powers to invite him to the Senate floor to answer to your questions,but I am a bit confused with you guys trying to force him to put on a Custom Khaki.

Is that even legal?Where are the Law Scholars here?
For a simple reason . By so doing they could pit him under oath.

4 Likes

Re: Hameed Ali Fails To Honour Senate’s Invitation by Nobody: 12:14pm On Mar 15, 2017
When some ppl thinks they can continue to disgrace democracy... this what happens

Things are fallinf apart quickely.

I expected this development.
Now i believe that he is a very disciplined man.

I also wont take it..... I wont wear a uniform i stopped wearing years back.

GOD BLESS PMB....

HE ENGAGED PPL WHO ARE GALLANT AND UNBENDING INTO HIS GOVERNMENT...

Assuming a certain president is still in power now... we all know the answer.

EVER VIBRANT ALLI.... U ARE MY MAN

PMB... WALK AND NEVER SLIP

drabeey was HERE

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hameed Ali Fails To Honour Senate’s Invitation by burkingx(f): 12:14pm On Mar 15, 2017
angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hameed Ali Fails To Honour Senate’s Invitation by Factfinder1(m): 12:14pm On Mar 15, 2017
It will go quiet as all other Nigerian cases has gone quite .....for 3days there would be soo much noise about this and it will go down the drain on the Fourth day... Just Watch

8 Likes

Re: Hameed Ali Fails To Honour Senate’s Invitation by ylaa(f): 12:14pm On Mar 15, 2017
Why oga?
Re: Hameed Ali Fails To Honour Senate’s Invitation by soberdrunk(m): 12:14pm On Mar 15, 2017
This baba face dey fear me ooo!! He just keep face like retribution....... angry angry

6 Likes

Re: Hameed Ali Fails To Honour Senate’s Invitation by saraki2019(m): 12:14pm On Mar 15, 2017
W
Re: Hameed Ali Fails To Honour Senate’s Invitation by godonzoki(m): 12:14pm On Mar 15, 2017
Hmmm. Dis man stubborn like him boss Bubu.
Re: Hameed Ali Fails To Honour Senate’s Invitation by Nobody: 12:15pm On Mar 15, 2017
Amazing failure grin grin
Re: Hameed Ali Fails To Honour Senate’s Invitation by fratermathy(m): 12:15pm On Mar 15, 2017
This guy is looking for trouble though...

There are expectations of every public office. You cannot be heading a paramilitary body that requires officers to be on uniform always when you are not on uniform. He even refused honouring the Senate of the nation. Things like this cannot float in standard democracies.

If he is too big for the position, he should RESIGN!

17 Likes

Re: Hameed Ali Fails To Honour Senate’s Invitation by jieta: 12:15pm On Mar 15, 2017
without being emotional this man need to be dealt with, this is an insult to the Senate.

5 Likes

Re: Hameed Ali Fails To Honour Senate’s Invitation by paragon40(m): 12:15pm On Mar 15, 2017
HungerBAD:
The Senate sef.

Is that even legal?Where are the Law Scholars here?
hence everybody should start wearing agbada in custom...

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hameed Ali Fails To Honour Senate’s Invitation by Nobody: 12:15pm On Mar 15, 2017
Imagine an ordinary Nigerian who fail to honour a court warrant.This man is known to be in one of the most discipline force,which is the army.
Modified
He is even a former military police officer who enforce law and order on other soldiers.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hameed Ali Fails To Honour Senate’s Invitation by FriendNG: 12:15pm On Mar 15, 2017
What is your own business with his uniform. Is the uniform working or the person behind the uniform.

2 Likes

Re: Hameed Ali Fails To Honour Senate’s Invitation by SexyNairalander: 12:15pm On Mar 15, 2017
booked

1 Like

Re: Hameed Ali Fails To Honour Senate’s Invitation by actright2(m): 12:15pm On Mar 15, 2017
Ali 1: Nigerian Senate 0

2 Likes

Re: Hameed Ali Fails To Honour Senate’s Invitation by ademoladeji(m): 12:15pm On Mar 15, 2017
The man should be JAILED
Re: Hameed Ali Fails To Honour Senate’s Invitation by Atro(m): 12:15pm On Mar 15, 2017
Na so
Re: Hameed Ali Fails To Honour Senate’s Invitation by Ahmed0336(m): 12:16pm On Mar 15, 2017
Appearing on khaki is not my concern.
These are my concerns.
1. Increase revenue to TSA.
2. Reduce corruption in NCS to the bearest minimum.
3. NCS should be more user friendly e.g lemme clear my goods and pay import duties online without necessarily visiting their office. cool

4 Likes

Re: Hameed Ali Fails To Honour Senate’s Invitation by collitexnaira(m): 12:16pm On Mar 15, 2017
Why appoint a retired military man as a custom boss, when there re many capable people who has not done any federal job before,, this country just tire me

3 Likes

Re: Hameed Ali Fails To Honour Senate’s Invitation by psucc(m): 12:16pm On Mar 15, 2017
This man is becoming too much, if Senate will be Senate, he will not survive the next 24hrs
Re: Hameed Ali Fails To Honour Senate’s Invitation by ipreach: 12:16pm On Mar 15, 2017
Wetin concern me

anyway,

LIKE if you want him to visit senate in custom outfit.

SHARE if you believe that senate just want to tarnish his image

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hameed Ali Fails To Honour Senate’s Invitation by realoscar84(m): 12:16pm On Mar 15, 2017
dre11:

Details later …

let them do their worst. Useless Senate. Is this what Nigerian voted them to do?

2 Likes

Re: Hameed Ali Fails To Honour Senate’s Invitation by Mutuwa(m): 12:16pm On Mar 15, 2017
dre11:

Details later …

tactical withdrawal I presume.
some policies coming from the FGN sounds terrible.You ask a poor man who barely makes up to 5k daily to pay up balance of his hire purchase,to buy new tyres,upgrade his car license plates, and finally pay duty for the same car which is 6th hand?Maybe such ideas were conceived while defecting.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

President Jonathan To Ring NYSE Closing Bell / No 5 Million Votes For Buhari In Kano - PDP Mock APC, Buhari For Renting Crowds / Minimum Wage: FG In Dilemma Over Inadequate Budgetary Allocation To Pay N30,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.