Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,962 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:17 AM

Senate Declines Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Declines Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman (1022 Views)

Magu's Confirmation: Senate Unfazed By Presidency’s Decision To Head To S’court / Senate Rejects Ibrahim Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman Again / Osinbajo Sends Onnoghen’s Name To Senate For Confirmation As CJN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate Declines Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman by Cambells: 1:49pm On Mar 15, 2017
Ibrahim Magu's nomination and confirmation as Chairman of the EFCC has been rejected by majority of Senators....

The Senate rejected the nomination following a letter by the Department of State Security (DSS) which upheld an earlier letter that Magu failed the integrity test and was unfit for the office.

The letter read "In the light of the foregoing, MAGU has failed the integrity test."

The DSS letter which was sent to the Senate on Wednesday stressed that Mr Magu would constitute “a liability to the anti-corruption fight of the present administration”.

Meanwhile, Senator Ndume rose up to oppose the rejection of Magu.

He agreed that Majority will have its way but minority must have its say..

Details soon...

http://www.cambellsblog.com/2017/03/senate-declines-magus-confirmation.html

Re: Senate Declines Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman by martin123: 1:49pm On Mar 15, 2017
true??

1 Like

Re: Senate Declines Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman by ican2020: 1:53pm On Mar 15, 2017
Thank God

1 Like

Re: Senate Declines Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman by DropShot: 1:53pm On Mar 15, 2017
On what grounds?
Re: Senate Declines Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman by DropShot: 1:54pm On Mar 15, 2017
ican2020:
Thank God
For what?

So that corruption can thrive?
Re: Senate Declines Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman by Cambells: 1:55pm On Mar 15, 2017
Lalasticlala, Mynd44
Re: Senate Declines Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman by Pierohandsome: 1:56pm On Mar 15, 2017
Only God knws who Magu offended.
Re: Senate Declines Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman by OlujobaSamuel: 1:56pm On Mar 15, 2017
Magu, continue in Acting capacity, dem never chichumchin. come tell me say rule of law, make i e-break your head.

1 Like

Re: Senate Declines Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman by omenkaLives(m): 1:58pm On Mar 15, 2017
The more they fight against this man, the more I am convinced he is the right man for the job. They just want Baba to present someone alot more malleable to them that's all.

Bunch of incorrigible thieves.

1 Like

Re: Senate Declines Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman by adioolayi(m): 1:59pm On Mar 15, 2017
The man called Magu appears unruffled, highly confident... He will continue in Acting Capacity and jail all corrupt politicians!

#CoruptionMustBeWiped in totality

1 Like

Re: Senate Declines Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman by Ajibel(m): 1:59pm On Mar 15, 2017
It'll be really dramatic if Buhari nominates this man again.

The senators mean him so well cheesy

1 Like

Re: Senate Declines Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman by talktrue1(m): 2:01pm On Mar 15, 2017
double wahala!!!
Re: Senate Declines Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman by Raziii(m): 2:02pm On Mar 15, 2017
The president wants Magu, but the cabals don't. The cabals are using an agency under the control of the president to achieve their aim.

Phew! This plot doesn't even make any sense to me the writer but its the reality.

In the past, I know of DSS being used to frustrate the opposition but here we have the DSS frustrating the govt its working for. This is a new one o.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Declines Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman by Cambells: 2:03pm On Mar 15, 2017
Why he was disqualified...

Re: Senate Declines Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman by ZombieTERROR: 2:06pm On Mar 15, 2017
When it comes to NATIONAL politics, Buhari is a learner
This sectional corruption fight won't take us anywhere

1 Like

Re: Senate Declines Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman by DrDeji20(m): 2:08pm On Mar 15, 2017
there are breach of conduct in the way EFCC sometimes operates . i believe all these faults are related to his rejection.

1 Like

Re: Senate Declines Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman by Elnino4ladies: 2:09pm On Mar 15, 2017
Let him continue in acting capacity

Nonsense Senate
Re: Senate Declines Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman by Raziii(m): 2:14pm On Mar 15, 2017
Elnino4ladies:

Nonsense Senate
Nonsense Senate yes but how about the DSS? How about the president who didnt call anyone to order for submitting conflicting reports on Magu.

1 Like

Re: Senate Declines Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman by ammyluv2002(f): 2:15pm On Mar 15, 2017
I'm speechless oh! Don't know what to think anymore
Re: Senate Declines Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman by Jessestunch: 2:16pm On Mar 15, 2017
One week one drama...

Nigeria we hail thee
Re: Senate Declines Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman by Jessestunch: 2:17pm On Mar 15, 2017
Elnino4ladies:
Nonsense Senate

There is a limit to how long he can do this

1 Like

Re: Senate Declines Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman by ifyalways(f): 2:17pm On Mar 15, 2017
Bubu will resend his name to them again.
Re: Senate Declines Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman by Elnino4ladies: 2:18pm On Mar 15, 2017
Jessestunch:

There is a limit to how long he can do this

What is the limit pls?
Re: Senate Declines Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman by Jessestunch: 2:18pm On Mar 15, 2017
Raziii:
The president wants Magu, but the cabals don't. The cabals are using an agency under the control of the president to achieve their aim.

Phew! This plot doesn't even make any sense to me the writer but its the reality.

In the past, I know of DSS being used to frustrate the opposition but here we have the DSS frustrating the govt its working for. This is a new one o.

AM telling you.. Heads will roll in DSS soon
Re: Senate Declines Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman by Lescalier: 2:23pm On Mar 15, 2017
Divided Country

1 Like

Re: Senate Declines Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman by ican2020: 2:36pm On Mar 15, 2017
Great news

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Gov Rochas Okorocha Pictured On Bicycle During Project Inspection In Imo (photo) / Sanusi Tells Kano To Tax Every Resident N1,000 Monthly / OBJ, IBB, Abdulsalami Discuss Buhari’s Ill Health - The Punch Newspaper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.