Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,011 members, 7,799,453 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:38 PM

7 Healthy Ways To Fry Foods - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 7 Healthy Ways To Fry Foods (19792 Views)

You Couldn’t Cut The Pepper,” Man Decries His Girlfriend’s Inability To Fry Egg / How To Fry Groundnuts/peanuts With Garri On Stovetop / 7 Healthy Foods For A Growing Baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Healthy Ways To Fry Foods by Opinionated: 3:37pm On Mar 15, 2017
There has been much talk about fried foods generally being unhealthy, but we all know as Nigerians we really can’t but fry our foods from time to time. Thankfully, Jumia Travel, the leading online travel agency shares 7 ways to help make your fried foods healthier to eat. The goal here is to minimize oil absorption.

1. Choose Heart-Healthy Oil With A High Smoke Point

The sub-heading says it all. Heart-healthy oil with low cholesterol is what you should use when frying your foods. Also, different oils have different stabilities, also called the ‘smoke point’. The higher the smoke point the more stable your oil and the better suited it is for cooking at high temperatures.

2. Keep Your Oil Fresh

Please don’t wait till your frying oil is dark-brown or even black before you change it. The more oil is exposed to high temperature, the more readily it breaks down and releases free radicals etc into your food. It’s advisable to reuse your oil for about 3 or 4 times, after which you should change to a fresh one.

3. Keep Your Oil Clean

Make sure your oil is clean and be sure to remove the crumbs or debris that might be left in the pan after frying. It’s important to often remove this debris because they will continue to burn in the pan. The burned particles will cause the oil to discolor and eventually infuse it with an off flavor that will affect the taste of the food. Slotted spoons can easily be used to remove these crumbs.

4. Heat Your Oil To The Proper Temperature

Be sure to heat your cooking oil to the proper temperature before you start frying. Without doing this, your food will end up absorbing more oil than it should, defeating the goal of minimizing oil absorption and increasing the fat and calorie content of your food.

5. Maintain the Proper Temperature When Cooking

It’s not enough to heat to the proper temperature before cooking; you should also maintain the proper temperature when cooking the food. If this is not done, the food will absorb excess oil, not only adding fat and calories to it but also making it soggy and greasy. Typically, a greasy fried food is a badly fried food.

6. When Battering Food Before Frying…

When battering foods before frying, you should use carbonated liquids or a small amount of leavening (baking soda) or both in the batter. They help to release gas bubbles as the food cooks and further reduces oil absorption.

7. Drain Your Fried Foods Immediately After Frying

To prevent excess oil from clinging and soaking into the food, you should drain your fried foods on a paper towel, one to two minutes after frying.

source:http://www.opinions.ng/7-healthy-ways-fry-foods/

cc lalasticlala, mynd44

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Healthy Ways To Fry Foods by brunofarad(m): 3:58pm On Mar 15, 2017
Good write up

Stuffs can be baked in the oven as against frying.

It is much healthier

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Healthy Ways To Fry Foods by veekid(m): 3:58pm On Mar 15, 2017

thank you
Re: 7 Healthy Ways To Fry Foods by HottestFire: 3:58pm On Mar 15, 2017
cry The no.3 sha...
Re: 7 Healthy Ways To Fry Foods by PMWSpirit(m): 3:59pm On Mar 15, 2017
I hear

1 Like

Re: 7 Healthy Ways To Fry Foods by SweetestNma(f): 3:59pm On Mar 15, 2017
Ok. Bye
Re: 7 Healthy Ways To Fry Foods by 35000tons: 4:00pm On Mar 15, 2017
grin
Re: 7 Healthy Ways To Fry Foods by prettyjo(f): 4:01pm On Mar 15, 2017
nothing to comment,just know that prettyjo visited this thread.
bye
Re: 7 Healthy Ways To Fry Foods by Toluabigr8(m): 4:01pm On Mar 15, 2017
una still dey fry food for this kind recession period...u knw no how much oyel cost
Re: 7 Healthy Ways To Fry Foods by soberdrunk(m): 4:02pm On Mar 15, 2017
I doubt if the woman i buy fried yam and akara from follows any of these rules....... angry

5 Likes

Re: 7 Healthy Ways To Fry Foods by Chuukwudi(m): 4:08pm On Mar 15, 2017
Nice one
Re: 7 Healthy Ways To Fry Foods by fufuNegusi(m): 4:08pm On Mar 15, 2017
I dont cook
i repeat....
I dont cook

so whats my bizness with this...

we talking economy and oil money
you talking cooking oil ??
undecided undecided

this is not for me
maybe i should invite my girlfriend here grin

1 Like

Re: 7 Healthy Ways To Fry Foods by Flexherbal(m): 4:14pm On Mar 15, 2017
Nice post !
Re: 7 Healthy Ways To Fry Foods by obynocute(m): 4:16pm On Mar 15, 2017
get urslf electric deep fryer nd save urslf all this stress. .
Re: 7 Healthy Ways To Fry Foods by Hayormeah(f): 4:18pm On Mar 15, 2017
I think the healthiest type of frying for now is air frying. #i may be wrong though.
Re: 7 Healthy Ways To Fry Foods by Chukazu: 4:26pm On Mar 15, 2017
all these na ten commandments of "donts" bu t you never tell us how to do it. e.g how do we know the right temp?

1 Like

Re: 7 Healthy Ways To Fry Foods by Nobody: 4:27pm On Mar 15, 2017
vegetable oil is a better oil for frying...am i right op?
Re: 7 Healthy Ways To Fry Foods by Sanchez01: 4:31pm On Mar 15, 2017
1. AVOID DEEP FRYING!
2. Avoid unbranded oils
3. Use oils with little or no cholesterol.

Those the only way to live long with vegetable oils.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Healthy Ways To Fry Foods by agulion: 4:35pm On Mar 15, 2017
had it been this thread is about Tonto Dike it could been filled up by now
Re: 7 Healthy Ways To Fry Foods by Sanchez01: 4:38pm On Mar 15, 2017
Hayormeah:
I think the healthiest type of frying for now is air frying. #i may be wrong though.
A major disadvantage of dry frying method is the development of acrylamide. When you use grilling or roasted method for cooking meat, you will find blackened crusts in the meat. This compound is found in this area and is not at all safe for health as it can lead to cancer.

It is almost worse than other frying means.
Re: 7 Healthy Ways To Fry Foods by alabi484(m): 4:54pm On Mar 15, 2017
Nice info
Re: 7 Healthy Ways To Fry Foods by Soljaboi44(m): 5:18pm On Mar 15, 2017
I want to fry beans undecided
Re: 7 Healthy Ways To Fry Foods by titiakins: 5:24pm On Mar 15, 2017
So we should change the oil after 2 or three fries

This is not for Nigerians

Check the price of oil
Re: 7 Healthy Ways To Fry Foods by ezewealth(m): 5:53pm On Mar 15, 2017
1. To you have to know oil that are meant for cooking and oil that are meant for deep frying. Eg soy bean oil, corn oil, olive oil are meant for cooling while ground nut oil, are meant for swallow frying, then for deep frying use palm kernel oil or palm oil because they have high stability number
Re: 7 Healthy Ways To Fry Foods by AreaFada2: 3:17am On Mar 16, 2017
brunofarad:
Good write up

Stuffs can be baked in the oven as against frying.

It is much healthier

Lots of food like potato chips need not be fried.

Just put it in the oven.

In addition, most food need no oil, especially red palm oil. Tomato paste/puree will give it almost same red colour.
Re: 7 Healthy Ways To Fry Foods by hypnotic(m): 4:28pm On Dec 06, 2017

(1) (Reply)

Favorite Chocolate Bar! / Urhobo Delicacies (pictures) / Kindly Contact Us For Quality Shrink Wrapping Nylon Contact: 07039545778

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.