Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,659 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:02 PM

UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw (71669 Views)

UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Fixtures / Full UEFA Champions League & Europa League Quarter Final Fixtures / UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw On 16th March 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw by Sanchez01: 2:36pm On Mar 17, 2017
Your initial post.

nuelzz04:
which real

U want to compare dat real wit dis real in d same breath

Dis real surely will discombobulate dat Lyon grin

And then this
nuelzz04:
how many UCL did dis real win .

How many has dis current crop won ??

Oga na name u just pack full der ..n mind u wen Lyon were dumping real out of d UCL a whole lot of dese guys were way past d peak of der powers

You clearly started following football recently. 2002 was the peak of the Florentino Perez' Galaticos which defined the club's goal for the millennium, even though signing world class players have always been the priority of the club.

Between 2001/2 - 2005, the guys that were 'way past their peak' won two Champions League
trophies, the same as the present. So what are you saying?
Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw by FunkyMetahuman: 2:36pm On Mar 17, 2017
haymekus:
LYON V BESIKTAS
AJAX V SCHALKE
CELTA VIGO V GENK
ANDERLECHT V MANCHESTER UNITED!
dem don do wuruwuru for man u again

Why not man u vs ajax ? grin
Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw by Drienzia: 2:37pm On Mar 17, 2017
Sanchez01:

Semi-finals? Lol! It was always Liverpool or Man United at the time. Besides, I'm talking final here. How many finals have all the English teams featured in in the past 10 years?
5finals...in 10yrs... Them try
Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw by imarrpopson: 2:37pm On Mar 17, 2017
Sanchez01:

And the el Clasico still remains the most watched football match in the world. Don't argue with EPL/BPL folks. They have nothing to argue over. grin

Get your facts right. Man united vs Liverpool is the most watched club football game in the world...
Google is your friend
Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw by Geestunnar(m): 2:37pm On Mar 17, 2017
purplekayc:
sure you are a barca fan

#GGMU
Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw by monerozi5590: 2:39pm On Mar 17, 2017
Sanchez01:

Then you obviously never knew the Real Madrid of the Millenium

Iker Casillas
Álvaro Mejía
Cicinho
Carlos Diogo
Iván Helguera
Míchel Salgado
Miñambres
Pavón
Raúl Bravo
Roberto Carlos
Jonathan Woodgate
David Beckham
Guti
Zinédine Zidane
Antonio Cassano
Júlio Baptista
Raúl
Robinho
Ronaldo

So you want to tell me that the present Madrid is better than the players above who were constantly being thumped by a Juninho-led Lyon? SMH grin
Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw by frankobinna(m): 2:39pm On Mar 17, 2017
Leicester to win the league to complete their football history

UP LEICESTER,
THEY ARE ONE OF US.
AM A CHELSEA FAN
Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw by nuelzz04(m): 2:40pm On Mar 17, 2017
Sanchez01:
Your initial post.

And then this

You clearly started following football recently. 2002 was the peak of the Florentino Perez' Galaticos which defined the club's goal for the millennium, even though signing world class players have always been the priority of the club.

Between 2001/2 - 2005, the guys that were 'way past their peak' won two Champions League
oh it was 2001/02 Madrid dat lost to Lyon shey

B twisting history u hear

From dat 2001/2-2005 did Lyon oust real
Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw by merchantsecured(m): 2:41pm On Mar 17, 2017
Eazie351:
Merchantsecured....athletico vs leicester city . TAKE NOTE
. At last......atletico e yaf qualify

1 Like

Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw by monerozi5590: 2:44pm On Mar 17, 2017
[quote author=Sanchez01 post=54679055]
Then you obviously never knew the Real Madrid of the Millenium

Iker Casillas
Álvaro Mejía
Cicinho
Carlos Diogo
Iván Helguera
Míchel Salgado
Miñambres
Pavón
Raúl Bravo
Roberto Carlos
Jonathan Woodgate
David Beckham
Guti
Zinédine Zidane
Antonio Cassano
Júlio Baptista
Raúl
Robinho
Ronaldo

So you want to tell me that the present Madrid is better than the players above who were constantly being thumped by a Juninho-led Lyon? SMH grin[/quote..Yes, exception of Zidane, Raul, Guti, Ronaldo, Casillas and Beckham. The rest of them are shit.
Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw by Sanchez01: 2:48pm On Mar 17, 2017
nuelzz04:
oh it was 2001/02 Madrid dat lost to Lyon shey

B twisting history u hear

From dat 2001/2-2005 did Lyon oust real
You clearly started watching football until recently. undecided

Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw by Nature8(m): 2:50pm On Mar 17, 2017
haymekus:
ATLETICO MADRID V LEICESTER CITY

I don't like how they put these two teams (ATLETICO MADRID Vs LEICESTER CITY) together.. I was praying for the both teams so that one of them'll win the UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE, but now they've put both of them together, Ayam confuse.. cry
Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw by Nobody: 2:51pm On Mar 17, 2017
imarrpopson:

Get your facts right. Man united vs Liverpool is the most watched club football game in the world...
Google is your friend

Man u vs liverpool most watched game in the world...man you're high on sapele water, google is your friend also.

1 Like

Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw by Sanchez01: 2:52pm On Mar 17, 2017
monerozi5590:
Yes, exception of Zidane, Raul, Guti, Ronaldo, Casillas and Beckham. The rest of them are poo.
Just say you are only familiar with those names grin
So Casillas, Cicinho, Iván Helguera, Míchel Salgado, Roberto Carlos, Cassano and Baptista are 'poo'? Na real wa undecided
Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw by juliuscapps(m): 2:56pm On Mar 17, 2017
Ayblaize:

Sure

I see us winning Juve

1 Like

Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw by Sanchez01: 2:58pm On Mar 17, 2017
imarrpopson:

Google is your friend
True! But you would agree the figure was recorded just once for the English sides. The Premier League contest is the more popular, with as many as 700 million viewers - but then it is being screened in nearly four times as many countries.

Liverpool vs Manchester United (El Vitriol): 600-700million
Barcelona vs Real Madrid (El Clasico): 400-500million

SonOfAfonja:

Man u vs liverpool most watched game in the world...man you're high on sapele water, google is your friend also.
The most watched no? All time record for being the most watched club match, yes! The el clasico still remains the most watched annually.
Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw by metallisc(m): 3:02pm On Mar 17, 2017
nursennenny:
jumping round the internet

Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw by FunkyMetahuman: 3:03pm On Mar 17, 2017
Segadem:

...can a tree make a forest? EPL have derby or derbies not a single el clasico that will be played once in a season
abeg stop quoting all these 2liga fans. They knew nothing.
Most of them started watching football in when pep guridiola took over barca

In england alone, you have Manchester derby, london derby, north london derby, like a lot of derbies you wanna watch.
Classic games.

One is even comparing athletico bibao with manchester united ( 3 times champions league winner) imagine the insult. Winning couple of games makes you a better team to 2 liga fans grin

You wonder where these kids were when english teams dominated europe 7-8 years ago downward. Complete domination. With english teams meeting in finals on different occasion and you hardly see a semi final you won't find english team.
Most of the players they flaunt in laliga today came from england.

While I admit the quality of english dropped couple of seasons ago, it is still the most exciting and best league in the world.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw by karleone(m): 3:05pm On Mar 17, 2017
Ruggedpen:

Some people are claiming the best league in the world but they have only one representative, for many years they are always behind while the league is for the champions.

UCL Nations always have their prime period. It's in this period/time that their teams make it to the S/Final or Final, year in year out. No doubt it's the Spanish teams' period. Remember, from 1978 to 1982, it was only the English teams that won the Champions League. Also, from 2005 to 2012, the English teams reached the UCL finals, except in 2010. From 2007 to 2009, they had 3 teams in the Q/Finals and 2-3 teams in the S/Final.
Fortunately, this is the era of Spanish teams. Let them enjoy it. Power can change hand tomorrow.
Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw by karleone(m): 3:08pm On Mar 17, 2017
Sanchez01:

Correction:
Between 99/2000 and 2001/2002.
Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw by Segadem(m): 3:09pm On Mar 17, 2017
FunkyMetahuman:
abeg stop quoting all these 2liga fans. They knew nothing.
Most of them started watching football in when pep guridiola took over barca

In england alone, you have Manchester derby, london derby, north london derby, like a lot of derbies you wanna watch.
Classic games.

One is even comparing athletico bibao with manchester united ( 3 times champions league winner) imagine the insult. Winning couple of games makes you a better team to 2 liga fans grin

You wonder where these kids were when english teams dominated europe 7-8 years ago downward. Complete domination. With english teams meeting in finals on different occasion and you hardly see a semi final you won't find english team.
Most of the players they flaunt in laliga today came from england.

While I admit the quality of english dropped couple of seasons ago, it is still the most exciting and best league in the world.
Oga mi, 1 trillion likes for u
Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw by seyema(m): 3:09pm On Mar 17, 2017
HalaMadrid
Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw by imarrpopson: 3:10pm On Mar 17, 2017
SonOfAfonja:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11662/9985539/manchester-united-v-liverpool-the-biggest-game-in-football

I don't have figures for this season's first leg.but u can use the link above for last season.

And don't forget la liga is broadcasted in 136 countries and premier league is broadcasted in over 190 countries.

In 2015 the second leg of man-liverpool had more viewers than the UCL final bar-juve

Again, Google is your friend.
Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw by karleone(m): 3:12pm On Mar 17, 2017
Sanchez01:

Bros, it was from 2005 that Olympique Lyon started winning Real Madrid. They never won them during the 1998-2002 era. Moreover, Lyon was a big club then, winning 7 Ligue Un titles in a row.
Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw by nuelzz04(m): 3:14pm On Mar 17, 2017
Sanchez01:

lol.....u won dat battle... But if I may ask

Dat Lyon wud v beaten dis real

Mind 2005 Madrid ended d season trophy less no liga no copa so....wit d Ronaldos n zidanes of dis world it still didn't change d fact dat dey were abysmal if memory serves me right 2005 real lost 0-3 to Barcelona at d Santiago ....sorry bra...I watched 1998 world cup cool
Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw by Sanchez01: 3:15pm On Mar 17, 2017
karleone:

Correction:
Between 99/2000 and 2001/2002.
Thanks for this!
karleone:

Bros, it was from 2005 that Olympique Lyon started winning Real Madrid. They never won them during the 1998-2002 era. Moreover, Lyon was a big club then, winning 7 Ligue Un titles in a row.
You're still reiterating my points. At no time did I mention 1998. And last I checked, I already mentioned to the other person that Lyon was a force; one which he found funny.
Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw by Akaujaa(m): 3:17pm On Mar 17, 2017
What if LEICESTER win the the UEFA champions league...lol. I know that some people will say its impossible but remember it was also "impossible" in the premiere league.
Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw by Jammiiee(m): 3:21pm On Mar 17, 2017
Baba, seems u've forgotten so soon angry

Man city qualified to semifinal last season ucl against madrid under pellegrini angry

Pellegrini was fired for ' almighty Guardiola ', and where is the Guardiola

He chickened out of round 16, serves them tongue kiss
kcowen:
I noticed something Barcelona always qualify whenever they play "AWAY" in the lst Leg of the quarter Final,The Nou camp is just an Abattoir
Then Atletico Madrid is something else,for the past 5 season they are always here,ATM against Leicester City forget the fairly tales,Experience counts here..Ask why Manchester City hasn't been able to qualify to this level/Semi final
Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw by karleone(m): 3:21pm On Mar 17, 2017
Sanchez01:

Thanks for this!

You're still reiterating my points. At no time did I mention 1998. And last I checked, I already mentioned to the other person that Lyon was a force; one which he found funny.

Yeah, I just noticed.
Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw by Sanchez01: 3:22pm On Mar 17, 2017
nuelzz04:
lol.....u won dat battle... But if I may ask

Dat Lyon wud v beaten dis real

Mind 2005 Madrid ended d season trophy less no liga no copa so....wit d Ronaldos n zidanes of dis world it still didn't change d fact dat dey were abysmal if memory serves me right 2005 real lost 0-3 to Barcelona at d Santiago ....sorry bra...I watched 1998 world cup cool
There is no team that can beat this present Madrid, season in, season out. It is not possible. The problem with the Galaticos of then was that they were bunch of talents but never played together as a team. Everyone trusted in his abilities at the time, which went on to almost prove that the Galaticos policy is a disaster.

Many even criticized Perez, particularly in 2005, when Ronaldinho came on to the scene to torment us. That was what forced Madrid to sack almost every manager that was employed at the time.
Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw by nuelzz04(m): 3:27pm On Mar 17, 2017
Sanchez01:

There is no team that can beat this present Madrid, season in, season out. It is not possible. The problem with the Galaticos of then was that they were bunch of talents but never played together as a team. Everyone trusted in his abilities at the time, which went on to almost prove that the Galaticos policy is a disaster.

Many even criticized Perez, particularly in 2005, when Ronaldinho came on to the scene to torment us. That was what forced Madrid to sack almost every manager that was employed at the time.
den u v supported me in wat I said initially.... As in team mentioning both in d same breath is criminal

BTW barca n ATM until d last game u guys played...beats dis ur new set of galaticos...add val too at least in front of der fans grin
Re: UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw by Ayblaize(m): 3:30pm On Mar 17, 2017
juliuscapps:

I see us winning Juve
Yay Baba.. It's like you are a cule... If you wanna join any Prestigious barca group on whatsapp.. Lemme know

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 / Manchester United Vs Liverpool (2 - 4) On 13th May 2021 / Chelsea Vs Villarreal: UEFA Super Cup - 6 - 5 On Penalties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.