Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,694 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:32 PM

7 Effective Ways To Increase Your Blog’s Traffic - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 7 Effective Ways To Increase Your Blog’s Traffic (4485 Views)

3 Effective Ways Of Promoting Your Affiliate Products In 2019 / Most Effective Ways To Do SEO For A New Website Or Blog / 10 Cost-effective Ways To Promote Your Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Effective Ways To Increase Your Blog’s Traffic by Yarnvibes(f): 4:39am On Mar 16, 2017
We create blogs for people to visit and read our content. But most times, we find this is not the case and it seems like our blogs are not visible to our target audience. Kikiotolu shares 7 ways to help increase your blog’s traffic.

1. BE STRATEGIC WITH YOUR CONTENT MARKETING EFFORTS
Increasing your blog traffic is not just about creating quality content, it’s largely about being strategic about your content. This means you should ensure your content meets a specific need. It should be centered on your audience, what they love and what they want to read.

For ideas on this, you can check out Quora or any popular question-and-answer site to know the questions people want answered that relate to your blog’s focus. You can also try blog topic generators, keyword search tools or content marketing tools like Buzzsumo to learn more about what your target audience reads and what gets their attention. In all, be sure to incorporate appealing infographics and visual aids for your posts, to create content that people will want to read and share.

Also, to help your content marketing efforts you should ensure you post evergreen content on your blog, one that will remain relevant even after a long while. You should also ensure your headlines are catchy and useful enough to your target audience to get clicked.

2. TAILOR YOUR CONTENT TO AN AUDIENCE LIKELY TO SHARE
Try to tailor your content to and target communities that are active with content sharing. For example, great and useful infographics, interesting videos and remarkable collection of facts and articles that contain interesting information should be targeted at audiences who are potential content distributors (people who are sure to have accounts on multiple social networks) and heavy content sharers (people who are extremely active users that run blogs, sites or are growing their social network to influencer level).

3. FIND OUT WHERE A LARGE PORTION OF YOUR AUDIENCE IS
Google search can help you with this. You basically need to identify blogs, forums, websites and social media communities where active discussions and content about subjects within your blog’s focus are shared. A web-based tool like Google’s Display Planner can help you expand and be more definitive with your search.

Once you’ve identified the communities, you can start participating in them. But be careful not to rush into this participation, first attempt to understand the nature of the community and what is and isn’t appropriate in the community, to avoid mistakes when commenting and contributing.

4. INSTALL AN ANALYTICS SOFTWARE
One of the best and free analytics software to install is Google Analytics. This tool will help you see where visits originate, the sources that drive quality traffic and what others are saying about you and your content when they link over. The great insights gotten from this tool will help to define your marketing path and help you put more effort into effective marketing paths. It will also help you know where you are succeeding and where you have an opportunity.

5. JOIN SOCIAL SHARING COMMUNITIES
Social sharing sites present a great way to share your content. Aside the fact that they provide excellent inspiration for your blog posts, they also provide a platform that engages with other social sharing platforms and increase the likelihood of getting more fans and developing more links and traffic. You should be sure to be active on these platforms and engage with others, don’t just drop-by to simply leave links and upload posts and go.

6. GUEST BLOG (AND ALLOW OTHERS TO GUEST BLOG ON YOUR BLOG TOO)
No man is an island. You should entertain the idea of guest blogging on other blogs and allowing others to guest blog on yours. Friends and professional connections can help with this, especially if you are just starting out with your blog and don’t have much bloggers interesting in guest blogging on your blog or allowing you guest blog on theirs.

Guest blogging is a great way to spread your reach and increase your traffic. You should ensure you do not get discouraged when you get multiple ‘no’ responses. You should also send samples of your work along with your request to guest blog. In addition, rather than asking for a fresh contribution from someone with a ‘significant industry profile’, ask them for specific pieces they have written before that apply to your area.

7. OPTIMIZE YOUR BLOG FOR SPEED AND MOBILE
If your blog takes forever to load, it can discourage readers from visiting your blog. Google’s Page Speed Insight tool can help you analyze the speed of your blog site and give you tips on how to improve it.

Most people who visit your blog are likely to do so with their mobile devices; you should therefore seek for ways to optimize your blog site for mobile. Consider using plugins like WordPress plugins to execute this.

http://www.kikiotolu.com/2017/03/7-effective-ways-to-increase-your-blogs.html

Lalasticlala Mynd44 seun Dominique

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Effective Ways To Increase Your Blog’s Traffic by fineyemi(m): 5:14am On Mar 16, 2017
Hmmmmm
Re: 7 Effective Ways To Increase Your Blog’s Traffic by neonly: 7:12am On Mar 16, 2017
Ok noted
Re: 7 Effective Ways To Increase Your Blog’s Traffic by kateskitty(f): 7:12am On Mar 16, 2017
kk
Re: 7 Effective Ways To Increase Your Blog’s Traffic by talkofnaija: 7:12am On Mar 16, 2017
sad
Re: 7 Effective Ways To Increase Your Blog’s Traffic by ipreach: 7:13am On Mar 16, 2017
Who brought this recycled post to the front page?

2 Likes

Re: 7 Effective Ways To Increase Your Blog’s Traffic by osjoshua(m): 7:14am On Mar 16, 2017
all my friends own a blog..

bloggers are now more than readers..

making money is their ultimate goal

enough of this blogging shit

I think we Nigerians need something new

that's how MMM stole our cash cos we like anything money

and we are ready to kill it

everyone I'd be in MMM now if it didn't go down, even grannies and primary school kids

I know for sure that 70% nairalanders own a blog

and what annoy me most is the creepy same stile like ' 10 celebrity you don't know existed' , 10 this 10 that..

and when you click on them you won't see the article and pics in one place

but rather you need to click next to see the next pics and articles..Yuck..

Nigerians need to stop this style...

its not all about blogging..

go into something new( cooking, Graphic designing, and many more stuff)

if you must blog please stop the rampant and annoying style of blogging

Good morning...

4 Likes

Re: 7 Effective Ways To Increase Your Blog’s Traffic by samijay8(m): 7:14am On Mar 16, 2017
Isorite
Re: 7 Effective Ways To Increase Your Blog’s Traffic by Progressive01(m): 7:14am On Mar 16, 2017
8. Lie like LiePob.
Re: 7 Effective Ways To Increase Your Blog’s Traffic by Samanza89: 7:14am On Mar 16, 2017
K
Re: 7 Effective Ways To Increase Your Blog’s Traffic by aragon4realz(m): 7:15am On Mar 16, 2017
advice taken
Re: 7 Effective Ways To Increase Your Blog’s Traffic by iDROID: 7:16am On Mar 16, 2017
OP, you forgot the most important one, cooking up fake stories and posting on Nairaland. Guaranteed traffic for your blog! angry

1 Like

Re: 7 Effective Ways To Increase Your Blog’s Traffic by rolams(m): 7:25am On Mar 16, 2017
Hmmmm!
Re: 7 Effective Ways To Increase Your Blog’s Traffic by ednut1(m): 7:25am On Mar 16, 2017
Said nothing new na
Re: 7 Effective Ways To Increase Your Blog’s Traffic by Heromaniaa: 7:29am On Mar 16, 2017
Visit my blog to read crazy stories... No wonder it's called the madman's blog. Click below
Re: 7 Effective Ways To Increase Your Blog’s Traffic by sakalisis(m): 7:29am On Mar 16, 2017
Atigbo
Re: 7 Effective Ways To Increase Your Blog’s Traffic by Constilo4u(f): 8:11am On Mar 16, 2017
Nice one cool
Re: 7 Effective Ways To Increase Your Blog’s Traffic by kaymart: 8:29am On Mar 16, 2017
Anti-ponzi topic will increase traffic from what I've observed.
lol
Re: 7 Effective Ways To Increase Your Blog’s Traffic by dante57: 8:35am On Mar 16, 2017
A one-file PHP script to send email to lists

The key to a successful online business, blog, forum, or a webpage is massive publicity. But these can't be done without a paid advert on Google, Facebook, Bing etc which can be very expensive. Using this powerful php mailer is a cost effective way to generate huge traffic to your website through bulk email marketing, also perfect for click traffic.

This is a singlefile PHP script (so you can upload it to your web server) that allows you to send HTML emails to mail lists.

It's also password protected (you choose the password) and includes features to bypass some security measures from mail servers, avoiding your messages from going to spam folder (note that if the server where you hosted it is blacklisted somewhere, there's really nothing we can do about it).

hit me up on bbm D608381E

Enjoy! cheesy
Re: 7 Effective Ways To Increase Your Blog’s Traffic by Africanpoint(m): 8:51am On Mar 16, 2017
nice strategy
www.abtech.com.ng
Re: 7 Effective Ways To Increase Your Blog’s Traffic by errigdee: 8:58am On Mar 16, 2017
good try visiting my site
www.errigdee..com
Re: 7 Effective Ways To Increase Your Blog’s Traffic by Nobody: 10:12am On Mar 16, 2017
For premium Blogger design and logo, pm me. Delivery time is awesomely fast.
Re: 7 Effective Ways To Increase Your Blog’s Traffic by preshwrites(f): 11:12am On Mar 16, 2017
osjoshua:

everyone I'd be in MMM now if it didn't go down, even grannies and primary school kids

and what annoy me most is the creepy same stile like ' 10 celebrity you don't know existed' , 10 this 10 that..

Good morning...

True, I agree with you. That's why I neither like nor follow conventional gossip blogs which carry the same news, do copy and paste or even promote fake news. It can be very annoying.
Personally, am a creative writer, content developer and blogger. I do something entirely different. I believe it's not about the money at the beginning, but one's originality, quality services and earned trust from clients and people over time.

This is my blog www.onuohaprecious.com Look at it and give me your sincere feedback.
Re: 7 Effective Ways To Increase Your Blog’s Traffic by Sakasitay(m): 11:37am On Mar 16, 2017
Even though blogs are now proliferated, there are still knowledgeable people who come up with educative stuff. One blogger advised me to target readers from other African countries like - Ghana, Tanzania, Kenya, and so on, citing that they are hungry to read, and are under-served, in terms of information. There are now many blogs, but genuine content and inspirational writing, is what will set them apart. Kindly read the contents on http://www.24naira.com and tell me how it looks. Thank you. smiley
osjoshua:

Good morning...
Re: 7 Effective Ways To Increase Your Blog’s Traffic by Dajugba: 11:40am On Mar 16, 2017
osjoshua:

Good morning...

like Home Articles For Nobles. First of it kind.
Re: 7 Effective Ways To Increase Your Blog’s Traffic by Sakasitay(m): 11:45am On Mar 16, 2017
Hi Precious, Your blog looks good, and it seems you are doing well to set yourself apart. The pink outlook makes one to feel that it's for women only.
preshwrites:

True, I agree with you. That's why I neither like nor follow conventional gossip blogs which carry the same news, do copy and paste or even promote fake news. It can be very annoying.
Personally, am a creative writer, content developer and blogger. I do something entirely different. I believe it's not about the money at the beginning, but one's originality, quality services and earned trust from clients and people over time.

This is my blog www.onuohaprecious.com Look at it and give me your sincere feedback.

1 Like

Re: 7 Effective Ways To Increase Your Blog’s Traffic by preshwrites(f): 10:44am On Mar 17, 2017
Sakasitay:
Hi Precious, Your blog looks good, and it seems you are doing well to set yourself apart. The pink outlook makes one to feel that it's for women only.
Thanks Sakasitay. Yes, you observed rightly, am doing something different. I chose a pink background because am a lady and I love pink, but trust me, the color has nothing to do with the gender of my blog visitors and followers. The blog is for all, male and female, young and old, educated and non-educated. It's way beyond the color, but involves the professionalism, originality and quality services.
Re: 7 Effective Ways To Increase Your Blog’s Traffic by ludot(m): 1:16am On Mar 22, 2017

(1) (Reply)

Why Is My Traffic Droping / Google's Brother Grimm's Dooddle / Web Design Live On Nairaland, Professional / Forum Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.