Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,950 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:52 PM

5 Mistakes To Avoid When Applying For A USA Visa In Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 5 Mistakes To Avoid When Applying For A USA Visa In Nigeria (2581 Views)

Costly Mistakes To Avoid When Travelling Abroad / USA Visa Applicants To Submit 5 Years Of Social Media Activities / 11 Mistakes To Avoid When Boarding A Taxicab (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Mistakes To Avoid When Applying For A USA Visa In Nigeria by ComputerOperato: 2:56pm On Mar 16, 2017
I came back from an outing today and met two guys filling a United States visa application form with the help of one of my staff. I took a sneak peak of the application and withdrew to my own corner. Soon, one of them initiated a call to someone and says he is on so and so page and what should he type where ”address” is written on the webpage? Talk of “tele-form” filling. They had made several mistakes which hopefully they will be able to correct later.

Due to the fact that I have successfully filled the DS160 and applied for visa for some people before without any hassles, I think I am in a position to offer a few words of advice to intending applicants with my own little understanding.

1) Prepare your mind that you will not be given the visa:
Okay. You will probably hate me for saying this but I am only trying to help. It is better not to expect any positive result and for you to be granted the visa than for your hopes to be dashed after expecting so much. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.

2) If you are refused the visa, do not reapply until after the time given:
Like it or not, some peeps visa application will be refused. No matter the country. A friend once applied to the UK embassy for a tourist visa. Her application was refused and she was told not to re-apply until after six months. She was furious. I implored her to wait till after six months but she refused and reapplied almost immediately. She was slammed with a ten year ban. Need I say more?

3) If you can afford it, use the services of an expert:
Yes, You like doing things yourself. You are internet savvy and know what you are doing but please, when it comes to US visa applications in Nigeria, seek the services of an expert travel agent, provided you can afford it of course. It will save your time and money. You chances of success is also improved.

4) Have enough funds:
It is not a surprise that this is one of the main item in the visa application form. Unless you are being sponsored, you should have enough funds in your bank to sustain you for the period of your sojourn outside the country. This is so because your host country (in this case the United States) do not want you to become a liability and resort to illegal means of survival. If you are being sponsored, your sponsor should have enough funds also. Of course, This will be verified.

5) Get all relevant documents ready before applying:
You may think this is obvious until you discover how many people starts rushing around to get a birth certificate or some other vital document few days to their visa appointment. Some people have lost some of their important documents including academic results and won’t bother to get a replacement from the school until they are about to go for a visa interview. The eleventh hour syndrome.

Finally, the points above do not apply to when applying for a US visa alone, It applies to other countries as well. Your opinions and comments are welcome
Source:
http://mytechdiary.com.ng/5-mistakes-avoid-applying-usa-visa-nigeria/
Re: 5 Mistakes To Avoid When Applying For A USA Visa In Nigeria by elderken(m): 4:24pm On Mar 16, 2017
Well said. Gbam!!!
Re: 5 Mistakes To Avoid When Applying For A USA Visa In Nigeria by ComputerOperato: 5:55pm On Mar 16, 2017
elderken:
Well said. Gbam!!!

Thanks
Re: 5 Mistakes To Avoid When Applying For A USA Visa In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:15pm On Apr 04, 2017
My sister who is in Norway registered my visa application online but along the line she made a mistake of the place where my international passport was issued instead of warri she entered Asaba. She could not correct it again since it's a minor error, God so kind I have not submitted the documents. My question is can vfsglobal office in Lagos be able to correct it without demanding for huge amount of money? Where are the travel experts, Has anyone experience this before pls share your experience thanks
Re: 5 Mistakes To Avoid When Applying For A USA Visa In Nigeria by bubelahot: 6:23pm On Apr 09, 2017
I don't think you need anyone to fill your application form or"travel experts"".
I think one has to be very careful while filling your forms and cross check be4 d final submission.
Some of these agents sometimes compound your issues by giving wrong advice or fake documents and at the end of the day it comes around to bite the applicant. By then , the damage has been done.
Just be truthful and filled your application form with all sincerity
That my own opinion.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Need To Get My Iom Sputum Test Asap. Please Help. / Uk Visa Fees Changing On 6th April 2011 / Nigeria Plate Number Spotted In Lome Togo: Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.