Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,785 members, 7,802,450 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:39 PM

Austin Eguavoen To Lead NPFL U17 All-star To South Africa - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Austin Eguavoen To Lead NPFL U17 All-star To South Africa (549 Views)

Nigeria Vs Netherlands: FIFA U17 World Cup (1 - 3) On 6th November 2019 / NFF Appoints Kanu, Okocha & Babangida As Scouts, Eguavoen Reacts / Kanu, Eguavoen, Siasia, Akanni To Play Fund-raising Match For Distressed Oruma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Austin Eguavoen To Lead NPFL U17 All-star To South Africa by cheapgoals(m): 2:58pm On Mar 16, 2017
Ex- Super Eagles coach, Austin Eguavoen, will lead a select group of the Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) U-17 team to South Africa to partake in a 7-day football tourney.

The team is comprised of 20 players chosen from various NPFL youth academies such as Remo Stars, Kano Pillars, Nasarawa United, Wikki Tourists, FC IfeanyiUbah, Gombe United, and Shooting Stars.

Read more on

http://cheapgoals.com/austin-eguavoen-to-lead-npfl-u17-all-star-to-south-africa
Re: Austin Eguavoen To Lead NPFL U17 All-star To South Africa by Icon4s(m): 3:24pm On Mar 16, 2017
cheapgoals:
Ex- Super Eagles coach, Austin Eguavoen, will lead a select group of the Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) U-17 team to South Africa to partake in a 7-day football tourney.

The team is comprised of 20 players chosen from various NPFL youth academies such as Remo Stars, Kano Pillars, Nasarawa United, Wikki Tourists, FC IfeanyiUbah, Gombe United, and Shooting Stars.

Read more on

http://cheapgoals.com/austin-eguavoen-to-lead-npfl-u17-all-star-to-south-africa

A good one.

At least we can start building up the next crop of Flying Eagles from here.

TheGoodJoe what do u think about this development?

1 Like

Re: Austin Eguavoen To Lead NPFL U17 All-star To South Africa by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:59pm On Mar 16, 2017
Icon4s:

A good one.

At least we can start building up the next crop of Flying Eagles from here.

TheGoodJoe what do u think about this development?

I think Eguavoen deserves a chance. However, I am not sure of his philosophy of the game. I am more a fan of the possessive, expansive, pressing and demanding game. I do not know if Eguavoen tick these boxes.

I think after his work with the Mikel U17 team, he deserves another chance.
Re: Austin Eguavoen To Lead NPFL U17 All-star To South Africa by Icon4s(m): 8:06pm On Mar 16, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

I think Eguavoen deserves a chance. However, I am not sure of his philosophy of the game. I am more a fan of the possessive, expansive, pressing and demanding game. I do not know if Eguavoen tick these boxes.

I think after his work with the Mikel U17 team, he deserves another chance.

Well, that is from the coaching angle.
Recall Eguavoen coached the Super Eagles to a bronze medal in Egypt 2006 AFCON - losing 1-0 to a Didier Drogba led CIV in that semi.

I personally do not have issues with Eguavoen as d coach. Seems Manu will remain as the next U17 coach. We need to hive him(manu) that chance to redeem his image.

Now, my major concern is in players selection. It was mentioned as the NPFL U17 all stars team but i hope the 2016/17 Eaglets would be called for selection also. I want an all inclusive team. We need the best crop.
Re: Austin Eguavoen To Lead NPFL U17 All-star To South Africa by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:13pm On Mar 16, 2017
Icon4s:

Well, that is from the coaching angle.
Recall Eguavoen coached the Super Eagles to a bronze medal in Egypt 2006 AFCON - losing 1-0 to a Didier Drogba led CIV in that semi.

I personally do not have issues with Eguavoen as d coach. Seems Manu will remain as the next U17 coach. We need to hive him(manu) that chance to redeem his image.

Now, my major concern is in players selection. It was mentioned as the NPFL U17 all stars team but i hope the 2016/17 Eaglets would be called for selection also. I want an all inclusive team. We need the best crop.

I hope the other players from Manu Garba's team get their chances too. Let us see how it goes and how Eguavoen handles the final selection of the team.
Re: Austin Eguavoen To Lead NPFL U17 All-star To South Africa by Icon4s(m): 6:36am On Mar 17, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

I hope the other players from Manu Garba's team get their chances too. Let us see how it goes and how Eguavoen handles the final selection of the team.

My point exactly.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

FIFA Hands Ghanaian Referee Life Ban / The Big Tree / Aaron Lennon Detained Under The Mental Health Act

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.