Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,557 members, 7,809,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:26 PM

How To Remove/delete Stubborn Files From Your Computer - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Remove/delete Stubborn Files From Your Computer (1272 Views)

How Do I Retrieve Files From Hard Drive Infected With Shortcut Virus? / Common Uses Of Function Keys F1 To F12 On Your Computer Keyboard / 5 Signs Your Computer Network Has Been Hacked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Remove/delete Stubborn Files From Your Computer by ComputerOperato: 3:14pm On Mar 16, 2017
If you have ever come across a file or folder that you finds impossible to delete, then you will understand the frustration that comes with such cases. For those who have never experienced such, the fact is that this happens more often than you think.

In my own case,this is how it happened.

I downloaded a file some months back. After viewing the contents (it was a PDF file) I wanted to delete the whole folder to create space on my hard drive, but lo and behold the file couldn’t be deleted.
At first, I was told it is open in another program; so I shut down the computer and restarted it. I tried to delete again. It got deleted. I heaved a sigh of relief and continued with my daily activities.

A few days later, I came across the same folder at the previous location with all the contents still intact. My patience has been tested with this file so on this particular day, I instantly pressed “Shift + delete” to permanently delete it off my computer and it got deleted. I heaved a sigh of relief thinking I have seen the last of the issue.

Fast forward to two weeks after the event above. I was searching for a document when I stumbled upon the file I thought had been deleted. This is when I decided that enough is enough and pressing ordinary delete won’t cut it anymore.

The last time I experienced something like this, I used a small program called unlocker to unlock and delete. But right now, I stared at the file with a mildly surprised look on my face. Which brings us to the present topic: How can you delete/remove stubborn files from your computer after you have tried everything?

There are two methods that I have used both of which are outlined below:

1) File Shredder method: Whenever you delete a file from your computer, it doesn’t get deleted in the real sense. At least not immediately It can still be recovered using a file/disk recovery utility. This is where a file shredder comes in. A file shredder securely and permanently removes data from your computer without any hope of restoration.

In my own case, I downloaded a free program simply called “file shredder”, installed it and opened the stubborn folder from right inside the program. Then I hit shred. Cest fini! At last, I got to remove the obnoxious and stubborn file.

2) Unlocker Method: There is a small program for windows called unlocker. What it does is that it helps to remove or unlock stubborn files from your computer. All you have to do is right click on the file/folder you want to remove, click unlocker and choose whatever action you want. These actions include copy, move or delete.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Remove/delete Stubborn Files From Your Computer by Nobody: 3:20pm On Mar 16, 2017
grin
Re: How To Remove/delete Stubborn Files From Your Computer by YUSUPH1986(m): 12:15pm On Mar 17, 2017
9ce one there

(1) (Reply)

Windows 7 Or Windows 10 / TOSHIBA DYNABOOK CORE I3 Laptop 3 For Sale / Pls Help Oo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.