Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,521 members, 7,808,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:59 PM

Can I Share My Idea With My Employer? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can I Share My Idea With My Employer? (7551 Views)

Why ‘can I Sue My Employer?’ Is Often The Wrong Question / My Employer Does Not Want Me To Leave - Please Advice Me / My Employer Is Taking Advantage Of Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Share My Idea With My Employer? by herrdeustch: 10:49am On Mar 17, 2017
Yteflon:
I have an idea of a viable online web platform business and i currently work for an online magazine website . i have a good relationship with my boss who is the owner of the company. I am skeptical of what will happen if i inform him of my idea. I don't know if it will still be my idea or the company's. I am a final year student so i don't have the money but i have the skills to start up. Should i wait till i have the money or look for other ways to raise money instead of giving my idea out.
Abi. what relationship will exist between me and my boss if i tell him my idea? Is it partnership or employer/employee?
Please people with experience should enlighten me
In all honesty, I advise you to keep developing your idea in secret while learning from the business except if you are 100% sure that historically your boss/organisation have actually implemented ideas they have received from staff. Sharing your ideas in the workplace can be a very dangerous affair indeed. After learning fully about how to run your own business, pull out and implement all ideas.
Re: Can I Share My Idea With My Employer? by 1metre: 10:56am On Mar 17, 2017
AshawoGirl:
If your boss is a female pls have serx with her so anything u say she will obey thanks
na so u dey take fall mugu?
Re: Can I Share My Idea With My Employer? by xbtuzyborg(m): 11:44am On Mar 17, 2017
Ideas rule the world.

If you have an ideas, keep it until you are able to implement it by yourself.

Ideas cure poverty.

If you share it, it's no more yours. It belongs to the person that implements it and you will never be recognised for the idea.

Brother, wise up.
Re: Can I Share My Idea With My Employer? by Nobody: 11:26am On Jun 15, 2017
It's funny how many of ya'll think Idea - Business - Revenue - Profit is child play shocked cheesy cheesy

You are confused, inexperienced or misled to say this least.

No, I don't think the OP on his/her own has what it takes to pull it off! This is not me trying to shoot you down. I'd just try and share my experience with you.

Unless you have very rich family like the MainOne CEO/Founder or some Angel Investor, good seed investment, or some other source of good and significant finance from God knows where, then you stand a better chance letting your boss partner in on the project.

If you are reading this and you think you have an idea, think again then go back to work. Work here is hard work. It may be you continuing on your job or pursuit where you'd earn enough to see the idea turn into business, it may be you working on the product, it may be you tracking down means of finance. But in all you do, loose that illusion that an idea is enough. It never is, never was, never will be!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Staff Of News Agency Of Nigeria Protest Over Non-Payments (Photos) / Nigeria Prison Service Current Replacement Excercise / Which Company Is Better, Nlng Or Total?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.