Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,103 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:11 PM

Getting Married This Year (advice Please) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Getting Married This Year (advice Please) (1595 Views)

They Met On Twitter, Now They Are Getting Married / Joro Olumofin: Why A Lot Of Ladies Didn't Get Married This Year / Nigerian Man Getting Married This Weekend, Called Out For Sleeping Around(photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Getting Married This Year (advice Please) by Kenshinmunac(m): 9:37pm On Mar 16, 2017
Hello nairalanders, good evening to you all.

Please i have a lil issue I need you guys to help me out on.

I Am Quite a young dude, I will be turning 24 this year, I have a gf that I am currently dating, very beautiful lady, chemistry between us is amazing, we understand ourselves perfectly.

My gf is 23, she is a working class lady, I also work as well, my earning a month is very okay, I don't have to tell the exact figures cheesy but it's okay to sustain a home comfortably.

I already talked to my gf about the marriage stuff and she said she is very ready to spend her life with me and she is ready to get married to me anytime anyday.

We have barely dated for a month though but believe me guys it's like we have known each other for years, she is so calm and very loving that in a day she calls up to 8 times, we are always talking lol.
She is always there for me, when ever I need her she delivers, she is one of a kind.

But due to the fact we just started dating not too long, we both decided to wait another 6 months before tieing the knot but I kind of feel that this is going a bit tooo fast guys.

so please i need you all to advise me, married couples most especially here, i really love her but I am wondering if i should wait at least a year or more before going ahead with this stuff??

Please no insults Abeg grin
Re: Getting Married This Year (advice Please) by HungerBAD: 9:38pm On Mar 16, 2017
Interesting.

I know a lot of 24 yr old,that are more mature than some 50 yr olds that I have come across in life.

At 24,you are not young for marriage.

The way a lady is created,Is that they are more mature in thinking than their age,and their male age mates.

So your 23 yr old girlfriend,has the maturity of some one older,which itself is a good thing.

One month dating some one is a short time to decide about marriage.

Some things to think about:

(A)Are you mentally mature?

( B) Have you given this a deep thought?marriage is totally different from dating and or you guys meeting once in a while,or talking on phone.

(C) is your finances in order?that means,do you think your salary or her salary would be enough to take care of you and the kid(s),just in case if God forbid, one of you loses their job?

(D)Are you guys compartable In like 90% of things?which includes spiritual,character,medically and sometimes,but not limited to sexual compartability(you will be surprised what sexually unsatisfied spouses do)?

(E) Have you looked at her family background very well?as a young man,you don't want to start life with a wife,That will bring all her family problems to you for solving. You will solve and train her family members until your old age.

(F)Lastly,the main disadvantage of marrying a young girl,is that after a while,they yearn for that freedom like their mates outside. They start feeling they did not " ENJOY" themselves properly before getting married. And they start feeling trapped in the marriage. And this is why you need to discuss this very part with her.

Goodluck.

5 Likes

Re: Getting Married This Year (advice Please) by REIIGN(m): 9:39pm On Mar 16, 2017
Happy married life, bruh. smiley

1 Like

Re: Getting Married This Year (advice Please) by firstking01(m): 9:40pm On Mar 16, 2017
You are gradually losing the esteem i have for you.
Re: Getting Married This Year (advice Please) by Cutehector(m): 9:42pm On Mar 16, 2017
Why not try to find out her body language towards hard times? Pretend as if you are broke and watch her reaction.. She knows you have a well paid job so she is super willing to marry you ...

Trust me, you never know someone too well... Not matter how long u lived with d person.. So I advise you take your time to know what she is capable of doing, both good and bad

2 Likes

Re: Getting Married This Year (advice Please) by jose45eve(m): 9:45pm On Mar 16, 2017
AM ALSO IN YOUR SHOES BUT MY ADVICE FOR YOU IS GIVE IT TIME COS SHE MAY NOT BE NICE AS YOU SEE, SO MAKE FINDING AS HOW SHE RELATE WITH OTHER PPL, MANY LADY CAN BE NICE COS THEY WHAT TO GET MARRIED, SO DON'T MAKE HASTE LEARN FORM HER LONG TIME FRIEND THE KIND OF PERSON SHE IS, MOSTLY KNOW HOW RELATIONSHIP WITH HER CREATOR, SHE IS TRUE CHRISTIAN?
Re: Getting Married This Year (advice Please) by Nobody: 9:47pm On Mar 16, 2017
At 24, better calm down and keep stackin dat brown paper.
Marriage no dey run.
Re: Getting Married This Year (advice Please) by jakandeola(m): 9:47pm On Mar 16, 2017
Kenshinmunac:

I Am Quite a young dude, I will be turning 24 this year, I have a gf that I am currently dating, very beautiful lady, chemistry between us is amazing, we understand ourselves perfectly.

My gf is 23, she is a working class lady, I also work as well, my earning a month is very okay, I don't have to tell the exact figures cheesy but it's okay to sustain a home comfortably.

I already talked to my gf about the marriage stuff and she said she is very ready to spend her life with me and she is ready to get married to me anytime anyday.

We have barely dated for a month though but believe me guys it's like we have known each other for years, she is so calm and very loving that in a day she calls up to 8 times, we are always talking lol.
She is always there for me, when ever I need her she delivers, she is one of a kind.

But due to the fact we just started dating not too long, we both decided to wait another 6 months before tieing the knot but I kind of feel that this is going a bit tooo fast guys.

so please i need you all to advise me, married couples most especially here, i really love her but I am wondering if i should wait at least a year or more before going ahead with this stuff??

small boy u tin marrage is about sex
Re: Getting Married This Year (advice Please) by Kenshinmunac(m): 9:48pm On Mar 16, 2017
firstking01:
You are gradually losing the esteem i have for you.

Ahh elder Kings, why na?
Re: Getting Married This Year (advice Please) by ikombe: 9:48pm On Mar 16, 2017
Cutehector:
Why not try to find out her body language towards hard times? Pretend as if you are broke and watch her reaction.. She knows you have a well paid job so she is super willing to marry you ...

Trust me, you never know someone too well... Not matter how long u lived with d person.. So I advise you take your time to know what she is capable of doing, both good and bad
Always making sense since 18bc

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting Married This Year (advice Please) by Nobody: 9:49pm On Mar 16, 2017
Take your time, one month is too short for you guys to feel like you have known each other for years. You guys are having that butterfly effect because you just met. Take things slowly, don't rush it. With time you will get married.

1 Like

Re: Getting Married This Year (advice Please) by Kenshinmunac(m): 9:50pm On Mar 16, 2017
Cutehector:

This some real talk bro. Thanks! Didn't do wrong coming here, the love no let me they reason all this ones again. I no fit lie you.
Re: Getting Married This Year (advice Please) by ikombe: 9:51pm On Mar 16, 2017
jakandeola:
where in this post did he say anything about sex

Re: Getting Married This Year (advice Please) by firstking01(m): 9:53pm On Mar 16, 2017
Kenshinmunac:

Ahh elder Kings, why na?
Elder?, oflate people's been calling me that name, i dunno why but i'm still very much youngembarassed...but on a serious note, your hunt for a gf oflate is becoming something else and now you talking about marriage...when did you find this one that you wanna marry nowsad??
Re: Getting Married This Year (advice Please) by jakandeola(m): 9:55pm On Mar 16, 2017
ikombe:
where in this post did he say anything about sex
I knw guys like him dat tink dis way just a month u want to marry her after u date a girl one year I sware u neva still knew evrytin about her. why rush? did he knew if she can cook or dat she neva has a bad temper or is a very jelous person. sex will tire u u shd knw her more before u tink of marrage. marrage is for life
Re: Getting Married This Year (advice Please) by Cutehector(m): 9:57pm On Mar 16, 2017
Kenshinmunac:

This some real talk bro. Thanks! Didn't do wrong coming here, the love no let me they reason all this ones again. I no fit lie you.
if u want to marry her, its no big deal.. But bfor u do, know her inside out.. I need u to arouse every trait in her to be open...

I was once in ur shoes.. Dis girl just kept on hinting me about we getting married.. So I now had to test her patience . you needed to see d way she insulted me.. I blessed God for not making a mistake .. Someone who always claimed she loves me talked to me anyhow on Fone... My brother.. Love is not enough.. Trust me..

If a girl doesn't respect you, doesn't put ur place as a man, doesn't understand you.. No matter d love she preaches, when love is tested in fire, that which is honest will always stand out.. Cheers
Re: Getting Married This Year (advice Please) by LuvSwollenPussy(m): 9:59pm On Mar 16, 2017
Forget about your money being enough to sustain a home. There's a popular marriage counsellor named Walter trobisch. Whenever impending couples come to visit him for counselling before tying the nut. He would ask them a simple question...."Have both of you had serious quarrel and misunderstanding before" For many couples, thier answer was always like yours .."we love each other, we dont fight, our chemistry and mathematics is sparkling etc" The man would ask them to get out of his office that he has nothing to counsel them about. He would tell them to go and have issues of quarrel and misunderstanding before they come back to him.

Ponder on that. Thats my advice for a young bro in love.

1 Like

Re: Getting Married This Year (advice Please) by Kenshinmunac(m): 10:01pm On Mar 16, 2017
Cutehector:
if u want to marry her, its no big deal.. But bfor u do, know her inside out.. I need u to arouse every trait in her to be open...

I was once in ur shoes.. Dis girl just kept on hinting me about we getting married.. So I now had to test her patience . you needed to see d way she insulted me.. I blessed God for not making a mistake .. Someone who always claimed she loves me talked to me anyhow on Fone... My brother.. Love is not enough.. Trust me..

If a girl doesn't respect you, doesn't put ur place as a man, doesn't understand you.. No matter d love she preaches, when love is tested in fire, that which is honest will always stand out.. Cheers

Thanks brother u be man.
Re: Getting Married This Year (advice Please) by tripplephi: 10:02pm On Mar 16, 2017
bros bros.... so you are 24 and you think you are ready cos of CHEMISTRY

do you not know that in love there are many COURSES
you may have an "A" in Chemistry dont you know that marriage is an INSTITUTION?

and NO INSTITUTION admits any student on ONE COURSE... rather you must pass at least 6-7 at ONE SITTING... grin

Sooo what about the Mathematical Statistics of your marriage?

what about Physics?

what about BIOLOGY? do you know if your BLOOD GROUPS are compatible? what about std? or health threats especially with BIRTH?

what of ECONS? You may think that your ECONOMICS as a single is gonna be the same for MARRIAGE BUT YOU WILL BE SHOCKED O....

What about HISTORY? do you her family background Spiritually, traditionally and otherwise? MARRIAGE is not two peeps o its two families

What of GEOGRAPHY? this will determine the soil of your future family...

WHAT of CRS? which of you is more serious spiritually? MARRIAGE is a SPIRITUAL THING O... some peeps bring spiritual enemies into marriage o... so which of you is UP TO THE PRAYER CHALLENGE... i hope its not the woman o... you are to be the HEAD o. AND if you both are not CHRISTIANS... that is a different matter o.

I AM GUESSING PSYCHOLOGY you both are doing well in that COURSE... but what about BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION? in this economy despite the 6 digits you may be earning... BUSINESS IS IMPORTANT o.

guy too many things to consider... ITS NOT NAIRALAND YOU WILL NOW BE COMING TO, COS PEEPS HERE DO NOT CARE... EVERYONE IS MINDING THEIR BUSINESS AND MAY ADVICE YOU WRONGLY... AND THOSE WHO CARE ARE TOO BUSY WITH THEIR LIVES OFFLINE... SO FIND A CHURCH OR A MATURE MARRIAGE COUNSELOR.... cos ONE MONTH and you think you want to marry thats an issue o... ITS NOT LOVE THAT MAKES MARRIAGE WORK O.... peeps who divorce still love each other but cant cope... so what do you think.... MATURITY is not just in good talk... AS LONG AS YOU ARE IN NAIJA the storms ahead must be planned for. YOU NEED A REAL PHYSICAL COUNSELOR TO HELP YOU BOTH..... haste is waste... GIVE EVERYONE TIME AND THEIR TRUE NATURE WILL SHOW... EVEN U. SO WAIT... the girl u are feeling is the right one today may be the wrongest one tomorrow. FIND A COUNSELOR WITH A PROVEN TRACK RECORD IN MARITAL SUCCESS AND GET HELP.... not here where strangers you can not see if they are legit are now advising u. PLS BE WISE....

Kenshinmunac:

1 Like

Re: Getting Married This Year (advice Please) by Kenshinmunac(m): 10:03pm On Mar 16, 2017
firstking01:
Elder?, oflate people's been calling me that name, i dunno why but i'm still very much youngembarassed...but on a serious note, your hunt for a gf oflate is becoming something else and now you talking about marriage...when did you find this one that you wanna marry nowsad??

grin grin grin

She is that girl I opened thread about when I see for road with sexy figure, fine face. Fair skinned. When I wan buy phone for of which I already did.
Re: Getting Married This Year (advice Please) by Kenshinmunac(m): 10:04pm On Mar 16, 2017
jakandeola:

Oga boss I no mention sex as the reason for marriage na.
Re: Getting Married This Year (advice Please) by Young03(m): 10:04pm On Mar 16, 2017
Hey op sorry, because she calls u more than 8tyms a day ,u think is love?

My ex used to call me more than 20tyms a day, immediately i lost my shop, she started actin strange

now she no longer pick my calls because, she doesnt see me as before

besides any lady in that age bracket

fear her
Re: Getting Married This Year (advice Please) by firstking01(m): 10:05pm On Mar 16, 2017
Kenshinmunac:

grin grin grin

She is that girl I opened thread about when I see for road with sexy figure, fine face. Fair skinned. When I wan buy phone for of which I already did.
Ok, but no come here open thread tell us how you 've found another one o??
Re: Getting Married This Year (advice Please) by ikombe: 10:09pm On Mar 16, 2017
Young03:
Hey op sorry, because she calls u more than 8tyms a day ,u think is love?

My ex used to call me more than 20tyms a day, immediately i lost my shop, she started actin strange

now she no longer pick my calls because, she doesnt see me as before

besides any lady in that age bracket

fear her

1 Like

Re: Getting Married This Year (advice Please) by Kenshinmunac(m): 10:15pm On Mar 16, 2017
HungerBAD:
Interesting.

I know a lot of 24 yr old,that are more mature than some 50 yr olds that I have come across in life.

At 24,you are not young for marriage.

The way a lady is created,Is that they are more mature in thinking than their age,and their male age mates.

So your 23 yr old girlfriend,has the maturity of some one older,which itself is a good thing.

One month dating some one is a short time to decide about marriage.

Some things to think about:

(A)Are you mentally mature?

( B) Have you given this a deep thought?marriage is totally different from dating and or you guys meeting once in a while,or talking on phone.

(C) is your finances in order?that means,do you think your salary or her salary would be enough to take care of you and the kid(s),just in case if God forbid, one of you loses their job?

(D)Are you guys compartable In like 90% of things?which includes spiritual,character,medically and sometimes,but not limited to sexual compartability(you will be surprised what sexually unsatisfied spouses do)?

(E) Have you looked at her family background very well?as a young man,you don't want to start life with a wife,That will bring all her family problems to you for solving. You will solve and train her family members until your old age.

(F)Lastly,the main disadvantage of marrying a young girl,is that after a while,they yearn for that freedom like their mates outside. They start feeling they did not " ENJOY" themselves properly before getting married. And they start feeling trapped in the marriage. And this is why you need to discuss this very part with her.

Goodluck.

A) yes

B) yes

C) yes,

D) from zodiac aspect, she is Aries and I am Sagittarius, we are 90% compatible.

E) Well not really though, albeit we are the same tribe, she works and takes care of her self, her family is okay, she is the youngest.

F) I don't really know about this.. .

1 Like

Re: Getting Married This Year (advice Please) by Kenshinmunac(m): 10:17pm On Mar 16, 2017
firstking01:
Ok, but no come here open thread tell us how you 've found another one o??

Lol yes boss, I am no longer searching, had two gfs bfr. Ended the relationship. She is the only one now, very satisfied with her. Nothing she no get.

On a good day I will post pics here. Although I fear some nl bad belle guys.
Re: Getting Married This Year (advice Please) by newyorks(m): 10:34pm On Mar 16, 2017
give urself some time to clear ur doubt if its infactuation to avoid rushing in.am happy for u to be sincere.
Re: Getting Married This Year (advice Please) by Kenshinmunac(m): 10:38pm On Mar 16, 2017
tripplephi:
bros bros.... so you are 24 and you think you are ready cos of CHEMISTRY

do you not know that in love there are many COURSES
you may have an "A" in Chemistry dont you know that marriage is an INSTITUTION?

and NO INSTITUTION admits any student on ONE COURSE... rather you must pass at least 6-7 at ONE SITTING... grin

Sooo what about the Mathematical Statistics of your marriage?

what about Physics?

what about BIOLOGY? do you know if your BLOOD GROUPS are compatible? what about std? or health threats especially with BIRTH?

what of ECONS? You may think that your ECONOMICS as a single is gonna be the same for MARRIAGE BUT YOU WILL BE SHOCKED O....

What about HISTORY? do you her family background Spiritually, traditionally and otherwise? MARRIAGE is not two peeps o its two families

What of GEOGRAPHY? this will determine the soil of your future family...

WHAT of CRS? which of you is more serious spiritually? MARRIAGE is a SPIRITUAL THING O... some peeps bring spiritual enemies into marriage o... so which of you is UP TO THE PRAYER CHALLENGE... i hope its not the woman o... you are to be the HEAD o. AND if you both are not CHRISTIANS... that is a different matter o.

I AM GUESSING PSYCHOLOGY you both are doing well in that COURSE... but what about BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION? in this economy despite the 6 digits you may be earning... BUSINESS IS IMPORTANT o.

guy too many things to consider... ITS NOT NAIRALAND YOU WILL NOW BE COMING TO, COS PEEPS HERE DO NOT CARE... EVERYONE IS MINDING THEIR BUSINESS AND MAY ADVICE YOU WRONGLY... AND THOSE WHO CARE ARE TOO BUSY WITH THEIR LIVES OFFLINE... SO FIND A CHURCH OR A MATURE MARRIAGE COUNSELOR.... cos ONE MONTH and you think you want to marry thats an issue o... ITS NOT LOVE THAT MAKES MARRIAGE WORK O.... peeps who divorce still love each other but cant cope... so what do you think.... MATURITY is not just in good talk... AS LONG AS YOU ARE IN NAIJA the storms ahead must be planned for. YOU NEED A REAL PHYSICAL COUNSELOR TO HELP YOU BOTH..... haste is waste... GIVE EVERYONE TIME AND THEIR TRUE NATURE WILL SHOW... EVEN U. SO WAIT... the girl u are feeling is the right one today may be the wrongest one tomorrow. FIND A COUNSELOR WITH A PROVEN TRACK RECORD IN MARITAL SUCCESS AND GET HELP.... not here where strangers you can not see if they are legit are now advising u. PLS BE WISE....

Thanks bro
Re: Getting Married This Year (advice Please) by Kenshinmunac(m): 10:41pm On Mar 16, 2017
LuvSwollenPussy:
Forget about your money being enough to sustain a home. There's a popular marriage counsellor named Walter trobisch. Whenever impending couples come to visit him for counselling before tying the nut. He would ask them a simple question...."Have both of you had serious quarrel and misunderstanding before" For many couples, thier answer was always like yours .."we love each other, we dont fight, our chemistry and mathematics is sparkling etc" The man would ask them to get out of his office that he has nothing to counsel them about. He would tell them to go and have issues of quarrel and misunderstanding before they come back to him.

Ponder on that. Thats my advice for a young bro in love.

Hnmmm
Re: Getting Married This Year (advice Please) by WenysAD(f): 10:41pm On Mar 16, 2017
Kenshinmunac:

Lol yes boss, I am no longer searching, had two gfs bfr. Ended the relationship. She is the only one now, very satisfied with her. Nothing she no get.

On a good day I will post pics here. Although I fear some nl bad belle guys.

From what I've read here.....u are simply carried away by maybe looks and d freshness of d relationship. My dear trust me u aren't ready yet cos if u go ahead with d way d tin dey shack u, u will open another thread here and write another tin in no distant time which I don't pray for though. U guys are still young so there shouldn't be a rush. Wish u guys more blissful moments
Re: Getting Married This Year (advice Please) by Kenshinmunac(m): 10:43pm On Mar 16, 2017
newyorks:
give urself some time to clear ur doubt if its infactuation to avoid rushing in.am happy for u to be sincere.

Lol bro, it's not infatuation I swear. The feeling is mutual. Thanks for taking your time to stop here, smiley

1 Like

Re: Getting Married This Year (advice Please) by Kenshinmunac(m): 10:47pm On Mar 16, 2017
WenysAD:

From what I've read here.....u are simply carried away by maybe looks and d freshness of d relationship. My dear trust me u aren't ready yet cos if u go ahead with d way d tin dey shack u, u will open another thread here and write another tin in no distant time which I don't pray for though. U guys are still young so there shouldn't be a rush. Wish u guys more blissful moments

Thanks sis. #noted! smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Too Many Deceitful Girls On Nairaland / Stop Asking Me Where Your Wife Is And Just F*ck Me / Why Are Girls Like This... I Dont Understand.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.