Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,720 members, 7,802,174 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:30 AM

20 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 20 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant (27807 Views)

BUA Group To Build 200,000bpd Refinery And Petrochemical Plant / Waltersmith Modular Refinery And 33 Brewery In Imo State (Photos) / Aliko Dangote Visits Sugar Refinery And Plantation In Kwara State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

20 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by Ayhomes(m): 5:00am On Mar 17, 2017
1. Over $4 billion worth of equipment currently sits on the site.

2.The project is slated to cost $14 billion (N2.8 trillion) of which Dangote is contributing $7 billion in equity.

3.The project site is larger than Victoria Island. It is located on 2135 hectares of land in Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos near the Lekki Free Zone

4.It is the largest industrial complex in Africa
Work goes on, on the site, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week

5.World Record 2.72 million accident free hours recorded on site, without a single lost time to injuries

6.It is the largest single train grass roots refinery in the world with a processing capacity of 650,000 BPSD

7.Dangote Group brought in the world’s #1, #2, and #5 sand dredgers to sand fill the site. 60% of the land being swampy. So far these dredgers have reclaimed 13 million m³ out of 30 million m³

8.During construction, the project will employ over 25,000 Nigerians

9.Dangote is investing over $7 billion (N1.4 trillion) in the project

10.It is the largest single train refinery project on the planet

11.When this project comes online, Nigeria will save a minimum of $10 billion a year on imports

12.The Ammonia component of the plant will produce 2.8 million tonnes of Urea

13. Dangote is producing its own electricity to power the plant and by so doing is saving 75% costs. Dangote produces electricity at a rate that is significantly cheaper than the Federal Government. Dangote’s cost is $400,000/MW, while Federal Government is $2,000,000/MW

14.All the civil engineering is done by Nigerian companies

15.The plant has an export value of $6 billion per annum, meaning Dangote’s efforts will increase the amount of foreign exchange in Nigeria’s foreign reserves by at least 40% of current value on a yearly basis

16.Dangote said when this project comes on line, his friend Femi Otedola will save at least N26 per litre on millions of litres of diesel and petrol which his companies import annually. This savings will be passed on to the consumers and it will take a lot of pressure off the banks

17.Billions of Naira were paid to acquire the land and to settle the existing communities. More money was also allocated and spent to relocate the existing communities

18.This project will restore the dignity of Nigeria, a crude producing country that has for years gone abroad to meet its demand for refined products

19.Refined products to be produced at the plant include but is not limited to propane, petrol, Jet Fuel, Diesel, Kerosene, Carbon Black, Polypropylene, Polyethylene

20.The United States Trade and Development Agency is supporting this project with $997 million

Very massive project to stand in the Ibeju-Lekki axis come 2019.

AyHomes

59 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 20 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by GavelSlam: 6:03am On Mar 17, 2017
Haters would soon have you know why it is a bad idea.

Wait for them.

11 Likes

Re: 20 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by olujastro: 9:24am On Mar 17, 2017
These are the kind of developments I follow at my spare time. Our youths should do so too instead of wasting away on frivolous issues like a yeyebrity buying new gold watch or taking new selfie.

With the current developments in major sectors like the agricultural sector and this Dangote refinery & petrochemical plant, Nigeria is definitely getting things right. This govt has really supported him with the much needed fx on this project.
We import just everything and produce almost nothing. And the PDP govts were very satisfied with wasting our precious fx to import toothpicks, rice, refined petroleum products, pencils, etc. *smh*
I see an improved Nigeria in the year 2020. All we need is some little patience to go through this rough road to becoming an exporting economy.

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 20 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by oladayo63(m): 9:50am On Mar 17, 2017
Whaooo... Amazing! shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 20 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by Antoeni(m): 9:51am On Mar 17, 2017
Blessed beyond measures

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 20 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by martin1772(m): 9:52am On Mar 17, 2017
Great
Re: 20 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by Nobody: 9:52am On Mar 17, 2017
Hmmm
Re: 20 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by Godprotectigbos(f): 9:52am On Mar 17, 2017
ok
Re: 20 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by datola: 9:52am On Mar 17, 2017
13. Dangote is producing its own electricity to power the plant and by so doing is saving 75% costs. Dangote produces electricity at a rate that is significantly cheaper than the Federal Government. Dangote’s cost is $400,000/MW, while Federal Government is $2,000,000/MW

The bolded is part of the cancaworm called corruption of wastage holding Nigeria back.

Our so called investigative journalists/bloggers will not see this o but will be wasting time on one Otobo & co and Apostle Suleman et all... as if those trivials put food on our table.

31 Likes

Re: 20 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by Xaddy(m): 9:53am On Mar 17, 2017
The only fact I wanna know is when I go fit buy the fuel... undecided

1 Like

Re: 20 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by Nobody: 9:53am On Mar 17, 2017
The lady = dangote
The goat= money
The boy = workers sad sad

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 20 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by rozayx5(m): 9:53am On Mar 17, 2017
nice one

any videos?

hope Udom Also speeds up the MOdular Refinery and Gas plants here in Akwa Ibom cool

3 Likes

Re: 20 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by oyinbayode(m): 9:54am On Mar 17, 2017
God bless dangote grin
Re: 20 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by snezBaba: 9:55am On Mar 17, 2017
14.All the civil engineering is done by Nigerian companies.
11.When this project comes online, Nigeria will save a minimum of $10 billion a year on imports.

These are the things that make me genuinely happy with the project

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 20 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by sirscripture: 9:55am On Mar 17, 2017
This is a great development. We need more of this in Africa...

2 Likes

Re: 20 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by nkemjacob2(m): 9:56am On Mar 17, 2017
dangote am coming o
Re: 20 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by danemenike: 9:56am On Mar 17, 2017
Real Estate development is booming around that axis.

21.) More than 21,000 will be employed @ the refinery, you can imagine it's effect on the economy.

8 Likes

Re: 20 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by Knight2(m): 9:57am On Mar 17, 2017
Churches should also learn to invest in what will benefit d masses..

15 Likes

Re: 20 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by naija1stpikin: 9:57am On Mar 17, 2017
This man has got good vision and foresight

9 Likes

Re: 20 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by omofunaab(m): 9:58am On Mar 17, 2017
Am happy this is happening in South West

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 20 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by AK481(m): 9:58am On Mar 17, 2017
olujastro:
These are the kind of developments I follow at my spare time. Our youths should do so too instead of wasting away on frivolous issues like a yeyebrity buying new gold watch or taking new selfie.
With the current developments in major sectors like the agricultural sector and this Dangote refinery & petrochemical plant, Nigeria is definitely getting things right. This govt has really supported him with needed fx on this project.
K
We import just everything and produce almost nothing. And the PDP govts were very satisfied with wasting our precious fx to import toothpicks, rice, refined petroleum products, pencils, etc. *smh*
I see an improved Nigeria in year 2020. All we need is some little patience to go through this rough road to an exporting economy.

Pdp started it, pdp prepared the groundplan and kickoff

3 Likes

Re: 20 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by barx(m): 9:59am On Mar 17, 2017
Nice one. We await more of such projects.
Re: 20 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by winioluwa: 10:00am On Mar 17, 2017
What a good development and massive job opportunities that will be avail in the nearest time to come.
Re: 20 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by johnlegend01: 10:00am On Mar 17, 2017
I am impressed!

One Governor could have had this project sited in his State but out of useless but pure undiluted greed, asking to reap too much where he did not sow, he let it slip away. I imagine what development and growth this will bring to an already growing Lagos.

As much as I hate Dangote for some of his wicked underground business antics, I really appreciate the innovation of this. I have heard about what to expect from this project before now. I patiently await the commencement of operations and the seldom positive effects of Nigerians and Nigeria. Once we stop importing petroleum products, our currency will further strengthen.

A candid warning to prospecting militants.... this is not owned by Government and so should not be a target for incessant vandalization, not even once. Let us all hope for the best and when the rewards start to come, may we all be here to witness it all.

I pray for another wonderful, thoughtful, masterclass project that will equally make enormous difference in the lives of our Youths and the Nations as a whole in another region of this country. A balanced trade/economic focus in the country is not bad in any way.

21 Likes

Re: 20 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by bencobenz(m): 10:01am On Mar 17, 2017
Good development. If only 5℅ of our corrupt politicians will invest their stolen money in our economy just like this business guru is doing, Nigeria will be a better place.

4 Likes

Re: 20 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by OgidiOlu3(m): 10:01am On Mar 17, 2017
Na to go buy land for that area sure pass o.

2 Likes

Re: 20 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by hucienda: 10:01am On Mar 17, 2017
Vision. That's what it's called.

1 Like

Re: 20 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by 989900: 10:02am On Mar 17, 2017
This is the biggest game changer in Nigeria in over 35 years!!!

9 Likes

Re: 20 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by naijainfogalery: 10:03am On Mar 17, 2017
When this project is completed , Dangote will become the top 7 richest man in the world.
Even OPEC will bow at the mention of Nigeria
The almighty US will shiver when we tell them we are not interested in trading with them.
Nigeria will become a natural gas hub ,
Nigeria will conveniently serve the likes of west Africa and East Africa. I forsee the East west gas pipeline
The cost of living in Ibeju Lekki will skyrocket , if you are a wise investor you know where to be, don't bother building a residential , just target commercial building , just incase you don't know, refineries don't sleep. Meaning there will be over 10,000 trailers at every point in time waiting to load. So here is opportunity for hotels, eateries , fastfoods, pepper soup joints , clubs etc after all its oil money we are talking about.
If you have small money to invest in the future , you already know where to go

32 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 20 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by Godfullsam(m): 10:03am On Mar 17, 2017
God bless Dangote God bless only the good people of Nigeria.

May God keep us alive to witness and enjoy this good development.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 20 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by viqtor(m): 10:04am On Mar 17, 2017
Very impressive it is indeed massive

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obtaining A Mortgage Loan In Nigeria / We Found Gold Deposits Along Abuja-Nasarawa Highway – FG / A Customer Blocked Me After Making An Order

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.