₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 1,881,139 members, 3,801,891 topics. Date: Wednesday, 20 September 2017 at 01:16 AM

Training On How To Publish Ebooks Through Amazon KDP And Make Dollars - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Training On How To Publish Ebooks Through Amazon KDP And Make Dollars (4173 Views)

Publish Your Books Through Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing And Make Money / Help: I Want To Self-publish My Book. How Do I Go About It? / How Much Will It Cost Me To Publish A 16,000 Words Novella? (1) (2) (3) (4)

(0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Training On How To Publish Ebooks Through Amazon KDP And Make Dollars by Stevenbright(m): 7:18am On Sep 04
Writing is an hobby, and that is why it is interesting to know that one can get financial empowerment doing what he/she enjoys and loves doing. And that is where Self-publishing comes in!

2 Likes

Re: Training On How To Publish Ebooks Through Amazon KDP And Make Dollars by Stevenbright(m): 7:32am On Sep 05
The joy of being a self-published author is that you are also your own publisher and marketer. Hence, with some bits of learning, action, and persistence; things can really pick up for you.
Re: Training On How To Publish Ebooks Through Amazon KDP And Make Dollars by Stevenbright(m): 7:47am On Sep 07
Like I said earlier, successful self-publishing requires some learning and some of the three main resources that can be of great help to you are:

1. Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing "Help" pages. Once on the Amazon KDP website, click on the "Help" menu at the top right corner of the website and filter through its contents to find and study about what you want.

2. Goodreadsdotcom is a book sharing and author platform. Join it, socialize with other authors, get feedback from readers, and even ask questions.

3. Blogs on self-publishing tips and strategies. Here are lists of important and authority blogs in this game.

Author and Writing Resources
http://ebookstrati.blogspot.com/p/writing-resources.html?m=1

Book Marketing Resources
http://ebookstrati.blogspot.com/p/book-marketing-resources.html?m=1
Re: Training On How To Publish Ebooks Through Amazon KDP And Make Dollars by Stevenbright(m): 7:09am On Sep 08
Writing and publishing up to three or four books in a year can help improve the visibility of your author brand and sales.
Re: Training On How To Publish Ebooks Through Amazon KDP And Make Dollars by Stevenbright(m): 7:27am On Sep 09
Get some tips on self-publishing by reading this detailed article.
https://www.thecreativepenn.com/how-to-self-publish-an-ebook/
Re: Training On How To Publish Ebooks Through Amazon KDP And Make Dollars by Stevenbright(m): 7:13am On Sep 10
CLARIFICATION ON ISBN:
If you are publishing it as an eBook or paperback through Amazon, you don't need an ISBN. It is only if you want to publish it as a paperback book in Nigeria here that you will need one and in that case you can ask a traditional publisher or Liberian where you can get one for your new book.
Re: Training On How To Publish Ebooks Through Amazon KDP And Make Dollars by Stevenbright(m): 7:10am On Sep 12
You can experiment with different genres on Amazon KDP and later concentrate on the one that works best for you.
Re: Training On How To Publish Ebooks Through Amazon KDP And Make Dollars by Stevenbright(m): 1:23pm On Sep 13
As a writer or author, it is good you take a little step everyday with respect to writing. This is because these written Words per Day add up to produce what we so cherished later as our own published books.
Re: Training On How To Publish Ebooks Through Amazon KDP And Make Dollars by HiddenManna(m): 11:16pm On Sep 13
Stevenbright:
To be relatively successful as an indie or self published author, you need to plan and have a strategy in place. This could include stuffs like:
1. Research and find a popular subgenre in your genre of interest.
2. Outline your writing plans and make sure your writing is very engaging and also well edited.
3. How many ebooks and paperbacks you want to publish monthly or annually.
4. What price range will most of your books falls into.
5. How you intend to Market or promote your books. That is whether you will use self promotional means or use paid services.
6. How much you intend to earn monthly.
7. How you plan to launch your new books (Cover reveal events, beta reading, Pre-order, Blog or Website post, Social Media posts, or engage paid new book launching services.

Hello,

I really love your tutoring.

Now, I'm writing and preparing an ebook and don't know how to go about this with KDP. Literally, I'm not familiar with it. What can I do? I need more information.

Thanks.
Re: Training On How To Publish Ebooks Through Amazon KDP And Make Dollars by Stevenbright(m): 3:38am On Sep 14
HiddenManna:

Hello,

I really love your tutoring.

Now, I'm writing and preparing an ebook and don't know how to go about this with KDP. Literally, I'm not familiar with it. What can I do? I need more information.

Thanks.

These are the basic steps involved in Book publishing through Amazon:
1. Create a publishing account with Amazon KDP.
2. typeset your book in Microsoft Word.
3. format the book manuscript to eBook publishing standard. And if you want to ppublish it as KDP print (paperback) it has to be formatted to KDP print standard too.
4. design eBook cover for the book, and if applicable, a paperback cover too.
5. login to your account and publish it.
Note that I will offer you affordable services on points 3 and 4.
Also note that the account creation guide I will provide you is free. I also normally guide my clients on the publishing processes and how to promote their books once it is published.

1 Like

Re: Training On How To Publish Ebooks Through Amazon KDP And Make Dollars by Stevenbright(m): 7:29am On Sep 14
Looking to improve your writing and other aspects of your author career, visit these blog posts and read them up.

http://ebookstrati.blogspot.com/p/writing-resources.html?m=1
Re: Training On How To Publish Ebooks Through Amazon KDP And Make Dollars by HiddenManna(m): 2:17pm On Sep 14
Stevenbright:

3. format the book manuscript to eBook publishing standard. And if you want to ppublish it as KDP print (paperback) it has to be formatted to KDP print standard too.
Also note that the account creation guide I will provide you is free. I also normally guide my clients on the publishing processes and how to promote their books once it is published.

Thanks, you might be of great help.

I already signed up and did the necessary interview just some minutes ago.
my questions are:
*how do i promote my ebook so people could buy it online?
*how do i get paid?

I don't really have much question as i'm still on my writing project, if i have, i'll ask you.

as per your point you gave, i think i can handle it myself now, but when i need professional help... i may then contact you, because i think you're an expert who can help me.

would you be kind to provide answers for my above question? thanks in advance.
Re: Training On How To Publish Ebooks Through Amazon KDP And Make Dollars by Stevenbright(m): 4:52pm On Sep 14
HiddenManna:

Thanks, you might be of great help.

I already signed up and did the necessary interview just some minutes ago.
my questions are:
*how do i promote my ebook so people could buy it online?
*how do i get paid?

I don't really have much question as i'm still on my writing project, if i have, i'll ask you.

as per your point you gave, i think i can handle it myself now, but when i need professional help... i may then contact you, because i think you're an expert who can help me.

would you be kind to provide answers for my above question? thanks in advance.

You can promote your books using Facebook "Book groups". OR using paid book marketing websites like Bookbub OR using Amazon Marketing Services Ad (AMS).

As for receiving payments, u use Payoneer.
Re: Training On How To Publish Ebooks Through Amazon KDP And Make Dollars by HiddenManna(m): 9:00pm On Sep 14
Stevenbright:

You can promote your books using Facebook "Book groups". OR using paid book marketing websites like Bookbub OR using Amazon Marketing Services Ad (AMS).

As for receiving payments, u use Payoneer.

Ok, thanks very much.

I may get back to you later.
Re: Training On How To Publish Ebooks Through Amazon KDP And Make Dollars by Stevenbright(m): 6:57am On Sep 15
Be strategic in your writing and publishing, as well as in the choice of publishing platforms and in promotion/marketing methods.
Re: Training On How To Publish Ebooks Through Amazon KDP And Make Dollars by Easylife2020(m): 7:14am On Sep 16
Stevenbright:
The joy of being a self-published author is that you are also your own publisher and marketer. Hence, with some bits of learning, action, and persistent; things can really pick up for you.
. I will say this is the best advice I have gotten on nairaland. Thanks so much and God bless. I have really decided to take self publishing as my career. Once again thank u.
Re: Training On How To Publish Ebooks Through Amazon KDP And Make Dollars by Easylife2020(m): 7:31am On Sep 16
Stevenbright:
Be strategic in your writing and publishing, as well as in the choice of publishing platforms and in promotion/marketing methods.
. Hello, I'm done in writing my book and it's not an eBook it's paper print format. The printing man decided to collect N60,000 to print 1000 copies and I want to be selling the book for N100 per copy. Pls. How do u see it? Should I go further or is there any other options u suggest?. Thanks.
Re: Training On How To Publish Ebooks Through Amazon KDP And Make Dollars by Stevenbright(m): 9:07am On Sep 16
Easylife2020:
. I will say this is the best advice I have gotten on nairaland. Thanks so much and God bless. I have really decided to take self publishing as my career. Once again thank u.

You are welcome.
Re: Training On How To Publish Ebooks Through Amazon KDP And Make Dollars by Stevenbright(m): 9:16am On Sep 16
Easylife2020:
. Hello, I'm done in writing my book and it's not an eBook it's paper print format. The printing man decided to collect N60,000 to print 1000 copies and I want to be selling the book for N100 per copy. Pls. How do u see it? Should I go further or is there any other options u suggest?. Thanks.

The other option is thay you can publish as a print book through Amazon KDP print. You can then order the numbers of copies you want and it will be shipped to you. The great thing here is that you will get the royalties for each copy ordered by you.

If you think this option will be ok for you, I can render you an affordable services on formatting it to KDP print standard and designing a cover for it.
Re: Training On How To Publish Ebooks Through Amazon KDP And Make Dollars by Easylife2020(m): 7:11pm On Sep 16
Stevenbright:

The other option is thay you can publish as a print book through Amazon KDP print. You can then order the numbers of copies you want and it will be shipped to you. The great thing here is that you will get the royalties for each copy ordered by you.

If you think this option will be ok for you, I can render you an affordable services on formatting it to KDP print standard and designing a cover for it.
thanks bro

But pls which of the two options has low cost of production?

And in terms of selling. Which of these sell fast, SELLING ONLINE OR SELLING BY MYSELF TO PEOPLE ONE ON ONE.

THANKS. I WAIT UR REPLY.
Re: Training On How To Publish Ebooks Through Amazon KDP And Make Dollars by HiddenManna(m): 7:19pm On Sep 16
Easylife2020:

Pardon,

Printing 20 copies would precisely be how much, please?
Re: Training On How To Publish Ebooks Through Amazon KDP And Make Dollars by Easylife2020(m): 7:43pm On Sep 16
HiddenManna:

Pardon,

Printing 20 copies would precisely be how much, please?
They don't print 20 copies for book publishing. From 200copies upward.

200 copies = N90,000
500 copies = N80,000
1000 copies = N60,000
Re: Training On How To Publish Ebooks Through Amazon KDP And Make Dollars by Stevenbright(m): 10:14pm On Sep 16
Easylife2020:
thanks bro

But pls which of the two options has low cost of production?

And in terms of selling. Which of these sell fast, SELLING ONLINE OR SELLING BY MYSELF TO PEOPLE ONE ON ONE.

THANKS. I WAIT UR REPLY.

My response was actually on the premise that you will order or by your book from Amazon which will be shipped to you and you can then sell it to people one on one in Nigeria since that appears to be what u want.

On the price per copy of the book, it will surely be more expensive through Amazon. But it will be less cost intensive with respect to cash upfront since you will not be forced to print up to thousands of copies and pay large sum of money which will be a big lost if u are unable to sell them. This is because you can order for as low as ten copies, sell and order again at your will.

If the book has a wide audience appeal, interested readers can as well buy it through Amazon and you will get your royalties too.
Re: Training On How To Publish Ebooks Through Amazon KDP And Make Dollars by Easylife2020(m): 8:39am On Sep 17
Stevenbright:
CLARIFICATION ON ISBN:

If you are publishing it as an eBook or paperback
through Amazon, you don't need an ISBN. It is
only if you want to publish it as a paperback
book in Nigeria here that you will need one and in
that case you can ask a traditional publisher or
Liberian where you can get one for your new book.
is it a must to include the ISBN on paper back
Re: Training On How To Publish Ebooks Through Amazon KDP And Make Dollars by Stevenbright(m): 8:50am On Sep 17
Easylife2020:
is it a must to include the ISBN on paper back

It is professional to do it.
Re: Training On How To Publish Ebooks Through Amazon KDP And Make Dollars by Easylife2020(m): 8:51am On Sep 17
Stevenbright:

My response was actually on the premise that you will order or by your book from Amazon which will be shipped to you and you can then sell it to people one on one in Nigeria since that appears to be what u want.

On the price per copy of the book, it will surely be more expensive through Amazon. But it will be less cost intensive with respect to cash upfront since you will not be forced to print up to thousands of copies and pay large sum of money which will be a big lost if u are unable to sell them. This is because you can order for as low as ten copies, sell and order again at your will.

If the book has a wide audience appeal, interested readers can as well buy it through Amazon and you will get your royalties too.
thanks bro

Pls. How much do amazon pay to the publisher.
Re: Training On How To Publish Ebooks Through Amazon KDP And Make Dollars by Easylife2020(m): 8:53am On Sep 17
Stevenbright:

Thanks bro.

Pls how much does it take to publish and sell book on amazon?
Re: Training On How To Publish Ebooks Through Amazon KDP And Make Dollars by Stevenbright(m): 9:28am On Sep 17
Easylife2020:
Thanks bro.

Pls how much does it take to publish and sell book on amazon?

NOTE: If the ISBN question is related to Amazon KDP, you don't need it because Amazon KDP will give the book their own ASIN catalog number if it is an eBook for free and if it is paperback, they will give it their own ASIN catalog number and ISBN too for free.

As for cost of publishing through Amazon KDP, there is non. The only time you spend money is when you contract some one to format your book or design cover for it

Re: Training On How To Publish Ebooks Through Amazon KDP And Make Dollars by SRK1(m): 5:09pm On Sep 17
PROFESSIONAL Ebook formatters and cover designers needed!

We are a writing firm that needs EXPERT cover designer and people that can format ebook for publishing.

The formatting part involves laying out the e-book according to a template we will send you, or sometimes in accordance with the templates of popular publishing platforms as Kindle, Scrivener, Smashwords and other similar platforms.

The cover design involves using anything from Powerpoint, Photoshop or any other application at all, to design eye-catching and elegant covers. You will be supplied with all texts that will go onto the cover.

This is an ongoing relationship with a tendency of getting high work volume.

If you are up for this, get in touch ASAP at:

mavenwriter02@gmail.com.

We still need professional writers, both creative and expert nonfiction writers at this firm.

Cheers!
Re: Training On How To Publish Ebooks Through Amazon KDP And Make Dollars by HiddenManna(m): 6:46pm On Sep 17
Easylife2020:
They don't print 20 copies for book publishing. From 200copies upward.

200 copies = N90,000
500 copies = N80,000
1000 copies = N60,000

Oh yes! I thought so. Albeit, I was assuming.
Re: Training On How To Publish Ebooks Through Amazon KDP And Make Dollars by itsandi(m): 6:53pm On Sep 17
Nice! Enjoy cool stories on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Click!
Re: Training On How To Publish Ebooks Through Amazon KDP And Make Dollars by HiddenManna(m): 6:54pm On Sep 17
SRK1:
PROFESSIONAL Ebook formatters and cover designers needed!

We are a writing firm that needs EXPERT cover designer and people that can format ebook for publishing.

The formatting part involves laying out the e-book according to a template we will send you, or sometimes in accordance with the templates of popular publishing platforms as Kindle, Scrivener, Smashwords and other similar platforms.

The cover design involves using anything from Powerpoint, Photoshop or any other application at all, to design eye-catching and elegant covers. You will be supplied with all texts that will go onto the cover.

This is an ongoing relationship with a tendency of getting high work volume.

If you are up for this, get in touch ASAP at:

mavenwriter02@gmail.com.

We still need professional writers, both creative and expert nonfiction writers at this firm.

Cheers!

Hello,

I didn't get any response from you again for sometimes now. I thought you would not like to have any long-term working relationship so I didn't bother to send you an email.

How about now or never?

Thanks smiley

(0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

E-book, Wole Soyinka's Lion And The Jewel / My One True Love / Ted Dekker: Best Christian Fiction Writer Or No?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2017 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 189
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.