Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,895 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:21 AM

Turning Tables - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Turning Tables (769 Views)

9 Of The Best Portable Laptop Tables For Writers And Readers / The Anxiety Of Turning 30! Is It Just Me? / Top 5 Books You Should Read Before Turning 25 Years Old (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Turning Tables by kayleb1: 9:28am On Mar 17, 2017
Turning tables is a short piece that tells a story of married couples and what they go through.. .the pains, endurance, the bitterness,the good and the bad sides...this story draws it's inspiration from life's experiences...That's to say it's centered on true events something We have heard, seen and even gossiped about... Situations that Keep occurring and will keep occurring if not handled on/in time...not to totally give away the plot, but its a story you should watch out for that'll keep you on the edge of your seat...filled with suspense, intrigue,hate,love,tears and joy.. .Enjoy!!!!

All rights reserved.. No form of plagiarism is allowed without the exclusive permission of the writer...

1 Like

Re: Turning Tables by kayleb1: 9:41am On Mar 17, 2017
Prologue..

Another day.. Another pain..when will the rain wash it away?..
It seems with each passing morning, I have to experience another moment of enduring...
I look At the mirror, what do I see?
A fading shadow who was once the most admired beauty
Some might say relax, its one of the cons of Being a mother...
And I laugh, if only they knew What I go through from their father...
But when they get to know and ask why stay?
And I'll tell them love is the price I have to pay
And they'll say is it really worth it?
And my naive self will say yes.. If only I knew some Things will never change....

1 Like

Re: Turning Tables by sirblero(m): 10:57am On Mar 17, 2017
mehn...just the prologue sef is so #tantalizing!!! lolzzz

let me learn about marriage...so that when I have my own family...It won't be a long thing!...

grabs front seat...
#bring it on...
am game!!
#following..
Re: Turning Tables by victorydgirl(f): 2:00pm On Mar 17, 2017
am following sir, d prologue sounds like a poem
Re: Turning Tables by kayleb1: 2:44pm On Mar 17, 2017

"please I beg you, Dont"she managed to scream out these words despite the hard,firm grip of his two huge hands on her neck.. .
"you are still talking, I will kill you.. .you think you can challenge me.. You'll die before I would allow that"with these words, he increased the force of his grip, sinking her head deep in the bed..
She was choking, she knew she was close to her death if she doesn't do something... But what can she do?...she could hear her mother calling on to her.. Her mother who passed away years ago...
Is this how I will die?

She closed her eyes, tears dripping down as she tried to gasp for breath..She was close to giving up, then suddenly.. .
She could hear faint cries... She paid attention and recognized the voices.. .They were her beloved children crying in the background as they watched helplessly as their mother Is being strangled by their father...

"No, what if I die now, who will take care of these kids.. ..no... What if Ken remarries a woman who will maltreat them?..
How will they grow up without love from their father and maltreatment From their new mom... Just because I gave up easily" different thoughts flew across her mind.
"No"she screamed as she tried to loosen herself from his grip..

But he was far stronger...she tried using her legs but he was ontop of her...tightening his grip, making her extremely powerless.. Then she remembered her hands.. .what can she do with her hands...Instead of trying to set herself free...She stretched her hands sideways.. Praying her hands should Come in contact with something useful and behold...her left hand was able to reach for the flower vase gifted to them on their first wedding anniversary sitting on top of the small drawer beside the bed...
and With all her might,slammed it on his head...the vase broke as he yelled like a child... Tossing over to the side of the bed, his hands on his head..
"Kate, you have killed Me.. My head.. ..see blood"he Cried loud..
Katie took a breath of relief like she just came to life and ran to her kids, to console them..
"it's OK...I'm Alive.. I won't leave you.. Not without A fight.. You're the reason I'll keep fighting"she cried as she hugged them deeply.. .
After a brief moment. She left them and walked over, quietly to her husband lying on the bed who had stopped moving or crying..she tapped him on the leg gently..
"Ken... Am sorry.. I didn't mean what I did"
"Ken.. Forgive me.. I was trying to save myself for my kids.. You could have killed me.. Ken"
Still, no response... She walked close to him and saw blood gushing profusely from his head.. He laid there unconscious... The bed soaked with blood...
"No.. It can't be.. .no no.. "she screamed, leaned over,placing her head on his chest to observe his heartbeat.. There was nothing..
"Nooooooooooooooo"

"darling, calm down"ken tapped her gently as she kept screaming from her sleep.
She Finally opened her eyes.
It was a dream..
She heaved a sign of relief.. And embraced her husband.
"I love you baby"she whispered
Confused, he replied still.
"I love you too?
Re: Turning Tables by kayleb1: 3:32pm On Mar 17, 2017
Kate still couldn't get over the nightmare she had The previous night
... Yes.. Her marriage have been shaky of late... Disagreements here and there..but hasn't gotten to that extent..
"no.. .my mind is definitely playing tricks on me.. .my marriage is fine.. .its not the best but it'll get better.. "she assured herself,looking into the mirror as she forced a smile,and progress to continue her makeup..
Kate Is a beautiful, light skinned lady in her mid 30s who have been married to Ken Thompson for 10years.. She was of average height, weight, natural flowing long hair And Blessed with natural curves which accentuated after childbirth..so basically, she had everything In her advantage... She Is igbo in tribe, The only surviving child of her parents,who passed away in a tragic accident six years Ago...
Ken Being a Yoruba man was a Dark skinned, tall, well built muscular man.. A hunk every woman fantasize about..dream body every man wishes to have.. Yes.. Indeed he was that blessed.. He initially thought he will never get married until his heart was stolen by Kate who he met in his university days.. They met through an orientation ceremony held by their school during their 100l.. It was love at first sight...She studied economics while he studied law...They married when he was certain of being financially stable as his slogan was "the key to a good family is making good money"
He was the only child of his parents.. His father died of stroke and Was left with his mother who was living in the bungalow he built for her In ogun state, while he stayed in Lagos with his family... He was in his early forties...
His union with Kate was blessed with two bundles of joy..
King-11.took after his mom's complexion
Kara-8-a spitting image of her dad..

"darling, you look so beautiful.. ."Ken Whispered into her ears as she Broke from her thoughts...
"omg,you startled me..didn't know when you came in.. "Kate smiled..as she got up and embraced him.
"Guess you were deep in thoughts.. You look so beautiful tonight.. .the dress is terrific"he smiled, his Piercing baritone Voice sending chills down her spine,making her blush like a teenage girl
"well, I look good for you"She spoke shyly..
She was wearing a blue V-neck knee-length gown with a slight slit which hugged her body nicely and beautiful floral heels.
"you don't look bad yourself In your tux"she added..
"you,yoruba demon "she teased as they both laughed..
"I'm so blessed to be married to you..11years and counting... Can't believe tonight marks our 11years of marriage.. I love you baby"
"I love you too, my knight in shining armour"
He tried leaning for a kiss as she stopped him, placing her index finger on his lips.
"let's save it for after the party. I have plans for you..very,very bad plans..."She whispered in a sultry tone.
"wow.. .naughty you... I can't wait then.. Let's get this party over with already"he laughed...
"daddy,Mummy.. . grandma and the guests are here already,lets go"King said, bursting in...
"yes, king. We will be there in a sec.. ."Ken said..
"yes daddy..
"so shall we?"ken stretched out his arm..,smiling..
"we shall, my love"....
Re: Turning Tables by victorydgirl(f): 3:59pm On Mar 17, 2017
jus hope d dream wont come true... nice update
Re: Turning Tables by kayleb1: 5:48pm On Mar 17, 2017

The house party was a huge one, with beautiful Blue and white decorations As it was the choice of colours chosen by the couple..attended by people from all walks of life.. The cake was a three step with a miniature of the couple on top, heavily decorated with the inscription "11years Strong"...Live band thrilled the people with old Nigerian classics..food was in circulation as the caterer saw that everyone is treated to their choice of Food be it pounded yam and any Nigerian soup or rice.. .the party was a glamorous as people enjoyed themselves while waiting for the couple.

The couple emerged from the house as the liveband sang praises of them...Ken left Kate briefly to spray some naira notes on the lead singer as he continued Praising him... Ken's mother walked up to kate who was dancing alone and embraced her.. .she was a short,dark beautiful woman heavily dressed in a white lace blouse accompanied with a matching wrapper and shoes to match..
"my daughter.. My beautiful daughter... "she praised her,embracing her.. .
"thank you mama "Kate responded smiling.
Soon, Ken joined them briefly as they danced.. King and kara joined them also.. Well wishers thrilled the stage too to dance with them ,some sprayed in dollars while some in naira..
Soon, they danced and all went to sit down. Ken's friend Eric the MC came out. He was a little taller than Ken, lanky and light skinned.. He was Ken's childhood friend.

"well, am very happy to be here to witness and celebrate the joyous celebration of My friend turned brother.. Back then in university, while he was dating this priceless jewel, truth he told.. .i always knew they loved each other but never knew they will be slaying so hard like this for 11years.. Give it up, for them.. It's not easy.. 11years.. Nor be 11days or months.. .when marriages nowadays 2,3years..its over.. Please clap for them please"he spoke as thunderous applause Filled the air.

"now. I'll like them to come and cut this cake which represents ever growing love, More money,more childre...
"haaa"the crowd roared with laughter,cutting him short.
"oh.. You think they're through with childbirth?? . Well, sorry because after this night, we should be expecting triplets Anytime soon"
The crowd laughed again.. As Ken and Kate together with their kids came out to cut the cake..
"at the spell of love, you'll cut the cake.. Ready? OK
L..
O...
V..
E
Love..
The cake was cut as the crowd cheered them with an applause....
"now.. They're going to Feed themselves with the cake...and you people should try and make them jealous..."Eric said to the couple...
They fed themselves and kissed afterwards as the crowd clapped again.
Ken took to the stage afterwards...
"thank you everyone for being able to make it here this Friday evening to celebrate With us.. I appreciate your time out of your many schedules to cOme here for us. God bless you.. .Enjoy the party"Ken spoke..
"Live band.. Oya ti take over"he added as the live band progressed to sing more songs...
Kate was watching as Ken rocked the stage with his dance moves while she cheered him on.
"he must always show himself,hot stepper "Kate teased, smiling...she just finished taking a sip from her glass of red wine when someone approached her.
"excuse ma, there's someone at the gate.. He says he want to see you.. His name is Eugene.. "Paul the Gateman said..
"Eugene?? Kate said as she tried to recall who the person was..
Oh Eugene badmus....let him in"she
said after some brief seconds.. .
"yes ma"He walked away and came back shortly..
"Eh, madam... He say he wan comot.. He want just tell you something" he said.
"oh.. OK. ,take me to him".

"Eugene...kate called as he turned toward her..
"Kathereen"
They both hugged.
Eugene was a close friend and coursemate of Kate.. He was a Dark, much more built than Ken, tall and oozed sexiness in his customized Ankara outfit.. He was once attracted to Kate until she let him know her eyes and heart were for Ken..
"you look beautiful.. Marriage and motherhood really suits you"He complimented...
"Well, thank you. Its nice to see you. It's been like ages.. See all your biceps, triceps, all the ceps. Gym animal.. .How have you been, my good friend?.. "Kate Jokingly teased him
"as you can see.. Great.. "He replied admist laughter..
Why don't you wanna come in?
"nothing..I was in town so i just wanted to say hi and give you this.. Happy Anniversary"he said, handing the Parcel to her...
"AWww. Thank you so much"kate smiled, collecting it as she hugged him again.. .
"it's no problem"
As their conversation progressed further,there was someone lurking in the shadows, observing them.it was Ken and he was breathing heavily as he watched.. .
Re: Turning Tables by kayleb1: 6:15pm On Mar 17, 2017
sirblero:
mehn...just the prologue sef is so #tantalizing!!! lolzzz

let me learn about marriage...so that when I have my own family...It won't be a long thing!...

grabs front seat...
#bring it on...
am game!!
#following..

Welcome onboard.. Pop corn is in order
Re: Turning Tables by kayleb1: 7:54pm On Mar 17, 2017
victorydgirl:
jus hope d dream wont come true... nice update

Glad you like it.. STay tuned.. ..

1 Like

Re: Turning Tables by Nobody: 10:59pm On Mar 17, 2017
Following
Re: Turning Tables by sirblero(m): 9:39am On Mar 18, 2017
hmmmmmmmm
I smell trouble and jealousy in the air...
ride on O.P...more ideas to your story
Re: Turning Tables by victorydgirl(f): 10:43am On Mar 18, 2017
why do i have this feeling that kate is gonna cheat on ken... no, i d craz? she wont dare do that
Re: Turning Tables by victorydgirl(f): 5:42am On Mar 19, 2017
bros come update now...
Re: Turning Tables by empress101(f): 8:49am On Mar 19, 2017
hmmmm.. more updates please..
Re: Turning Tables by kayleb1: 1:48am On Mar 21, 2017
Hello guys.. .sorry for the delay... Been busy lately.. I'll try nd update.. In the meanwhile let the comments keep rolling in.. .
Re: Turning Tables by kayleb1: 1:49am On Mar 21, 2017
Don't just view nd go.. Comment too.. Your encouragement Nd criticisms Are welcomed.. .

(1) (Reply)

When Its Dark (a Story) / Injustice(short Story) / The Day I Fell In Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.