Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,695 members, 7,802,041 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:20 AM

Mimiko Saves Dying Child From Accident Scene (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mimiko Saves Dying Child From Accident Scene (Photos) (35020 Views)

Photos From The Accident Scene Of Solomon Dalung's Convoy / John Shagaya's Car Accident Scene (Photos) / Apapa Riot, Lagos Commissioner Of Police Visits Scene (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mimiko Saves Dying Child From Accident Scene (Photos) by tyokunbo(m): 1:59pm On Mar 17, 2017
As shared some days ago by Fagbemigun Adewunmi Isreal …

To a mother whose infant was dying at the scene of a motor accident, the angel she must have prayed that God would send to her help her turned out to be Dr. Olusegun Mimiko, the immediate past governor of Ondo State.

An eyewitness, David Aboi who spoke with The Trent’s correspondent in Abuja says that a multi-vehicle accident involving two commercial buses and a Dangote truck occurred along Abuja-Abaji-Lokoja Road near Abuja on Monday evening.

“Many people were seriously injured in the accident which involved a private car, a Cross Country bus, a Peace Mass Transit bus, and a Dangote truck loaded with cement. The Peace bus was trying to slow down at a bridge when the Dangote truck, perhaps due to brake failure, ran straight into the three vehicles,” Aboi recounts.

“The Dangote truck fell into a ditch and many people were injured. One man had his right foot almost decapitated. He was bleeding profusely. It was a terrible sight.”

“The wounded passengers were being dragged out of the vehicles when Mimiko arrived the scene. The former governor was going to Abuja, I believe. It was the first time I have seen a governor in person up-close.”

A crowd had gathered at the scene of the accident at Gegu village before Chikara when former Governor Mimiko arrived. He stopped his car and went through the crowd where he saw an injured mother and her infant child. The child was in a critical state.
According to another eyewitness, (who took the photos showed in this report and pleaded anonymity), Mimiko immediately took the woman and her baby away from the scene of the accident and performed first aid on the child.

“He [Mimiko] told her he was a doctor and he was there to help them,” he said. “It was a very compassionate scene. I had to take a picture, though it was difficult to capture the governor with my phone.”

Mimiko gave the mother of the child some money and told his security detail to take her to the nearest hospital. The child and her mother were taken to Abaji General Hospital, in his Toyota Bus, we confirmed.

After the mother and child left, the governor, who is also a former minister of housing, went back to the other accident victims and performed first aid on a number of them.

“The governor tied the leg of the man whose right foot was broken and almost cut-off,” the source said. “I overheard him lamenting that had this happened in Ondo State, the emergency medical services would have been at the scene in just 12 minutes.”

When contacted, a spokesperson to Dr. Mimiko, who confirmed the incident but said that the former governor does not want to talk about it. “He doesn’t believe in self-glorification,” our reporter was told.

Dr. Mimiko is a medical doctor whose tenure as Ondo governor witnessed a revolution in the public healthcare system especially in the care for mothers and children. His award winning medical programmes, Abiye and Agbebiye, reduced maternal mortality in the state by 75% in 7 years.

Source: http://towncrieronline.net/2017/03/17/former-governor-mimiko-saves-dying-child-from-motor-accident-scene/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mimiko Saves Dying Child From Accident Scene (Photos) by ourema(f): 2:05pm On Mar 17, 2017
Good one from the ex governor. At least he has shown love to one individual out of the many who may need some form of help. If only our past leaders could show love to the downtrodden the people will be happy

11 Likes

Re: Mimiko Saves Dying Child From Accident Scene (Photos) by ipobarecriminals: 2:15pm On Mar 17, 2017
even if dey dash pipu 10k,pinsure must do prapra

1 Like

Re: Mimiko Saves Dying Child From Accident Scene (Photos) by Okuda(m): 2:34pm On Mar 17, 2017
ourema:
Good one from the ex governor. At least he has shown love to one individual out of the many who may need some form of help. If only our past leaders could show love to the downtrodden the people will be happy

Shatap dia!

3 Likes

Re: Mimiko Saves Dying Child From Accident Scene (Photos) by Nobody: 2:52pm On Mar 17, 2017
He is a medical doctor with license to save lives shocked

- “I overheard him lamenting that had this happened in Ondo State, the emergency medical services would have been at the scene in just 12 minutes.” Dino Melaye sef embarassed cry lipsrsealed

8 Likes

Re: Mimiko Saves Dying Child From Accident Scene (Photos) by marltech: 2:53pm On Mar 17, 2017
sad
Okay.. That's a good try.
Meanwhile. Watch cossy display her massive oranges in new video
Re: Mimiko Saves Dying Child From Accident Scene (Photos) by MrIcredible: 2:53pm On Mar 17, 2017
And this is new

That wicked stubborn bastard senile rogue

Owing workers 9 months salary

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mimiko Saves Dying Child From Accident Scene (Photos) by Negotiate: 2:54pm On Mar 17, 2017
Nice
Re: Mimiko Saves Dying Child From Accident Scene (Photos) by LudaChriz(m): 2:54pm On Mar 17, 2017
The Iroko of Ondo politics
Re: Mimiko Saves Dying Child From Accident Scene (Photos) by Divay22(f): 2:56pm On Mar 17, 2017
Nice one there

1 Like

Re: Mimiko Saves Dying Child From Accident Scene (Photos) by grandstar(m): 2:58pm On Mar 17, 2017
Mimiko is very humble and a doctor too. Very kind of him

3 Likes

Re: Mimiko Saves Dying Child From Accident Scene (Photos) by joepepsy(m): 3:00pm On Mar 17, 2017
How did he save a life? The way we adore our politicians is the major reason they take you morons for granted.
tyokunbo:
As shared some days ago by Fagbemigun Adewunmi Isreal …

To a mother whose infant was dying at the scene of a motor accident, the angel she must have prayed that God would send to her help her turned out to be Dr. Olusegun Mimiko, the immediate past governor of Ondo State.

An eyewitness, David Aboi who spoke with The Trent’s correspondent in Abuja says that a multi-vehicle accident involving two commercial buses and a Dangote truck occurred along Abuja-Abaji-Lokoja Road near Abuja on Monday evening.

“Many people were seriously injured in the accident which involved a private car, a Cross Country bus, a Peace Mass Transit bus, and a Dangote truck loaded with cement. The Peace bus was trying to slow down at a bridge when the Dangote truck, perhaps due to brake failure, ran straight into the three vehicles,” Aboi recounts.

“The Dangote truck fell into a ditch and many people were injured. One man had his right foot almost decapitated. He was bleeding profusely. It was a terrible sight.”

“The wounded passengers were being dragged out of the vehicles when Mimiko arrived the scene. The former governor was going to Abuja, I believe. It was the first time I have seen a governor in person up-close.”

A crowd had gathered at the scene of the accident at Gegu village before Chikara when former Governor Mimiko arrived. He stopped his car and went through the crowd where he saw an injured mother and her infant child. The child was in a critical state.
According to another eyewitness, (who took the photos showed in this report and pleaded anonymity), Mimiko immediately took the woman and her baby away from the scene of the accident and performed first aid on the child.

“He [Mimiko] told her he was a doctor and he was there to help them,” he said. “It was a very compassionate scene. I had to take a picture, though it was difficult to capture the governor with my phone.”

Mimiko gave the mother of the child some money and told his security detail to take her to the nearest hospital. The child and her mother were taken to Abaji General Hospital, in his Toyota Bus, we confirmed.

After the mother and child left, the governor, who is also a former minister of housing, went back to the other accident victims and performed first aid on a number of them.

“The governor tied the leg of the man whose right foot was broken and almost cut-off,” the source said. “I overheard him lamenting that had this happened in Ondo State, the emergency medical services would have been at the scene in just 12 minutes.”

When contacted, a spokesperson to Dr. Mimiko, who confirmed the incident but said that the former governor does not want to talk about it. “He doesn’t believe in self-glorification,” our reporter was told.

Dr. Mimiko is a medical doctor whose tenure as Ondo governor witnessed a revolution in the public healthcare system especially in the care for mothers and children. His award winning medical programmes, Abiye and Agbebiye, reduced maternal mortality in the state by 75% in 7 years.

Source: http://towncrieronline.net/2017/03/17/former-governor-mimiko-saves-dying-child-from-motor-accident-scene/
Re: Mimiko Saves Dying Child From Accident Scene (Photos) by ezugegere(m): 3:00pm On Mar 17, 2017
Nice one
Re: Mimiko Saves Dying Child From Accident Scene (Photos) by Johnhug66(m): 3:02pm On Mar 17, 2017
smithsydny:
Issorite
grin The epicest meme I've seen did year
Re: Mimiko Saves Dying Child From Accident Scene (Photos) by hollaegbon: 3:03pm On Mar 17, 2017
Best ex-governor 2017
Re: Mimiko Saves Dying Child From Accident Scene (Photos) by Nobody: 3:04pm On Mar 17, 2017
Johnhug66:
grin The epicest meme I've seen did year

Re: Mimiko Saves Dying Child From Accident Scene (Photos) by ehinmowo: 3:07pm On Mar 17, 2017
dis is what u see when our stupid politicians have refused to do what they ought to do.....pulling vague stunt
Re: Mimiko Saves Dying Child From Accident Scene (Photos) by Kunleforreal(m): 3:09pm On Mar 17, 2017
That is good
Re: Mimiko Saves Dying Child From Accident Scene (Photos) by ichommy(m): 3:12pm On Mar 17, 2017
Nice Gesture..
Re: Mimiko Saves Dying Child From Accident Scene (Photos) by Kaxmytex(m): 3:13pm On Mar 17, 2017
Mimiko dey apply first aid and one person is snapping pishure...
issokay

continue..
Re: Mimiko Saves Dying Child From Accident Scene (Photos) by UnknownT: 3:25pm On Mar 17, 2017
An accident that involved the top Two Road accident causing organisation (Peace Mass and Dangote) is not a small one. Just like Messi and Ronaldo playing in one team

1 Like

Re: Mimiko Saves Dying Child From Accident Scene (Photos) by Nobody: 3:26pm On Mar 17, 2017
LudaChriz:
The Iroko of Ondo politics

The Iroko who couldn't produce a successor

Re: Mimiko Saves Dying Child From Accident Scene (Photos) by Nobody: 3:27pm On Mar 17, 2017
hollaegbon:
Best ex-governor 2017

If I tear you hot slap

Best ex-governor who didn't pay my mama 7 months salary

Best ex-governor who failed to pay my papa his gratuity since 2012.

Best ex-governor wey build only 4 maternity hospitals in 8 years

Best ex-governor who placed embargo on employment

I guess you don't know mimiko

Doing 100 of this will not stop God from punishing him

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mimiko Saves Dying Child From Accident Scene (Photos) by Drversatile: 3:37pm On Mar 17, 2017
Thank God for life
Re: Mimiko Saves Dying Child From Accident Scene (Photos) by Vioncy(f): 3:37pm On Mar 17, 2017
Who u are is what people say you are because they are your mirror don't praise urself
Re: Mimiko Saves Dying Child From Accident Scene (Photos) by darkckUSA: 3:46pm On Mar 17, 2017
smithsydny:
Issorite

Lol!
Re: Mimiko Saves Dying Child From Accident Scene (Photos) by alfajohn: 3:50pm On Mar 17, 2017
Iroko did not pay salaries for bout 7 months prior to his disengagement, but the accident and trauma unit he put in place in ondo state is second to none let's give him kudos for that. Was a fan but can't really say so now

1 Like

Re: Mimiko Saves Dying Child From Accident Scene (Photos) by Ayblaize(m): 4:05pm On Mar 17, 2017
UnknownT:
An accident that involved the top Two Road accident causing organisation (Peace Mass and Dangote) is not a small one. Just like Messi and Ronaldo playing in one team
Wariz diswan saying?

Re: Mimiko Saves Dying Child From Accident Scene (Photos) by pinkytonia: 4:13pm On Mar 17, 2017
Weldone..
Re: Mimiko Saves Dying Child From Accident Scene (Photos) by lollyworldwide: 4:24pm On Mar 17, 2017
Good one frm iroko of ondo politcs

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atiku Meets Rakesh Wahi, The Chairman Of CNBC/Forbes / Oshiomhole Remains Suspended - Oshawo Stephen, Ward Chairman Insists / Buhari Urges Malians To Accept Government Of National Unity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.