Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:29 AM

The Ruling On Saying Jumah Mubarak And Sending It via texts On Fridays - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Ruling On Saying Jumah Mubarak And Sending It via texts On Fridays (14857 Views)

Arewa Big Boys Pose With Exotic Cars To Celebrate Eid Mubarak(photos+videos) / "Jumuah Funny Memes": 10 Types Of People You Would Meet In The Mosque On Fridays / Ruling on Saying the Takbeer (Allaahu Akbar) loudly behind the Imam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Ruling On Saying Jumah Mubarak And Sending It via texts On Fridays by AbuHammaad: 3:24pm On Mar 17, 2017
It is the custom in our country on Friday to send text messages and people congratulate one another on the occasion of Friday by saying “Jumu‘ah mubaarak” or “Jumu‘ah tayyibah.”

Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly:

There is no doubt that Friday is an “Eid” or “festival” for the Muslims, as it says in the hadeeth narrated from Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allah be pleased with him) who said: The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “This is a day of ‘Eid that Allah has ordained for the Muslims, so whoever comes to Jumu‘ah, let him do ghusl, and if he has any perfume let him put some on, and you should use the miswaak.” Narrated by Ibn Maajah, 1098; classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh Ibn Maajah.

Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allah have mercy on him) said, describing the special virtues of Friday:

Thirteen: It is a day of ‘Eid that is repeated every week.

Zaad al-Ma‘aad, 1/369

Thus the Muslims have three Eids: Eid al-Fitr and Eid al-Adha, which come once every year, and Jumu‘ah which is repeated once every week.

Secondly:

With regard to the Muslims congratulating one another on the occasions of Eid al-Fitr and Eid al-Adha, this is prescribed and it is narrated from the Sahaabah (may Allah be pleased with them). This has been discussed previously in the answers to questions no. 49021 and 36442. As for congratulating one another on the occasion of Friday, what seems to us to be the case is that it is not prescribed, because the fact that Friday is an Eid was known to the Sahaabah (may Allah be pleased with them), and they were more knowledgeable than us about its virtues, and they were keen to respect it and give it its due, but there is no report to suggest that they used to congratulate one another on Fridays. And all goodness is in following them (may Allah be pleased with them).

Shaykh Saalih ibn Fawzaan (may Allah preserve him) was asked: What is the ruling on sending text messages every Friday and ending with the phrase “Jumu‘ah mubaarak”?

He replied:

The early generation did not congratulate one another on Fridays, so we should not introduce anything that they did not do.

End quote from Ajwabat As’ilah Majallat al-Da‘wah al-Islamiyyah.

A similar fatwa was issued by Shaykh Sulaymaan al-Maajid (may Allah preserve him), when he said:

We do not think it is prescribed to exchange congratulations on Fridays, such as saying to one another, “Jumu‘ah mubaarak” and so on, because it comes under the heading of du‘aa’s and dhikrs, which must be based on a text (of the Qur’aan or Sunnah) because this is purely the matter of worship and if it were good, the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) and his Companions (may Allah be pleased with them) would have done it before us. If anyone suggests that this is permissible, then that may imply that it is prescribed to say du‘aa’s and congratulate one another after having done the five daily prayers and other acts of worship, and du‘aa’ at these times was not done by the early generations.

End quote from the Shaykh’s website (may Allah preserve him)

http://www.salmajed.com/ar/node/2601

If a Muslim prays for his brother on Friday with the intention of softening his heart and making him happy, and seeking the time when supplications are answered, there is nothing wrong with that.

And Allah knows best.

https://islamqa.info/en/134741

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Ruling On Saying Jumah Mubarak And Sending It via texts On Fridays by AbuHammaad: 3:25pm On Mar 17, 2017
This is something I was once guilty of until I stumbled upon the truth. May Allah SWT preserve us upon guidance

4 Likes

Re: The Ruling On Saying Jumah Mubarak And Sending It via texts On Fridays by Nobody: 3:38pm On Mar 17, 2017
jazakAllaah khayra,

Meanwhile,

a sufi will soon come for your head..... grin

5 Likes

Re: The Ruling On Saying Jumah Mubarak And Sending It via texts On Fridays by AbuHammaad: 3:41pm On Mar 17, 2017
AbdelKabir:
jazakAllaah khayra,

Meanwhile,

a sufi will soon come for your head..... grin

I don't have time for nonsense. I'm busy sef

2 Likes

Re: The Ruling On Saying Jumah Mubarak And Sending It via texts On Fridays by Nobody: 5:58pm On Mar 17, 2017
Jazakallahu Khyran.
Re: The Ruling On Saying Jumah Mubarak And Sending It via texts On Fridays by shawl: 3:15pm On Mar 19, 2017
AbuHammaad:

The early generation did not congratulate one another on Fridays, so we should not introduce anything that they did not do.

If anyone suggests that this is permissible, then that may imply that it is prescribed to say du‘aa’s and congratulate one another after having done the five daily prayers and other acts of worship, and du‘aa’ at these times was not done by the early generations.

Misguided fatawa (as usual).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ruling On Saying Jumah Mubarak And Sending It via texts On Fridays by Rashduct4luv(m): 10:35am On Mar 24, 2017
shawl:

Misguided fatawa (as usual).

Abeg, Benefit us with your own Saheeh fatwah on the topic!

2 Likes

Re: The Ruling On Saying Jumah Mubarak And Sending It via texts On Fridays by shawl: 5:07pm On Mar 26, 2017
^

AbuHammaad:

That is not a proof.

The prophet, sallAllahu alaihi wa sallam, never said what me and my sahaba, radiyAllahu anhum, did not do is an "introduced" thing (bid'a). That is an erroneous understanding of what constitutes bid'a.

How can the prophet, sallAllahu alayhi wa sallam, declare a day as a day of 'festival' and someone is trying to declare the main substance of it, the greeting of festivity bid'a? This is a clear deficiency in understanding what constitutes bid'a and trying to make the deen look contradictory in its composition.

Abu Darda (RA) narrates that the Prophet (salallaho alaihi wasalam) said: whatever Allaah has permitted in his book is halaal, whatever he has forbidden is haraam, and anything over which there is silence is pardoned, so accept the pardon of Allaah, for Allaah cannot be forgetful. Then he recited this verse: "and your Lord is never forgetful".

The act of greeting one another on the day of Juma'ah is well accomodated in the above hadith and conforms to practices encouraged on the days of festivities.

AbuHammaad:

If anyone suggests that this is permissible (sayin jumuah mubarak), then that may imply that it is prescribed to say du‘aa’s and congratulate one another after having done the five daily prayers and other acts of worship, and du‘aa’ at these times was not done by the early generations.

...Do repent to Allah for your sins and supplicate with raised hands at the times of prayer as these are the best times, during which Allah Almighty looks at His servants with mercy. Allah Answers if they supplicate, Responds if they call, Grants if He is asked, and Accepts if they entreat. O people! you have made your conscience the slave of your desires.

- (Sermon Of Ramadan) Ibn Khuzaimah, Al Baihaqi.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Ruling On Saying Jumah Mubarak And Sending It via texts On Fridays by madridguy(m): 11:26am On Mar 31, 2017
Asalam alaikum yah ikwani;
Thanks so much for your contribution. Do you ever ask yourself why Islamic/Muslim topics hardly made one page not to talk of two pages on NL. This is one of the reason, you will be amazed as if there is no grace for us as a Muslim since everything is tagged as Bid'a. Allah SWT will help us with some many barbaric teachings circulating everywhere.

Jummah Mubarak

shawl:
^

That is not a proof.

The prophet, sallAllahu alaihi wa sallam, never said what me and my sahaba, radiyAllahu anhum, did not do is an "introduced" thing (bid'a). That is an erroneous understanding of what constitutes bid'a.

How can the prophet, sallAllahu alayhi wa sallam, declare a day as a day of 'festival' and someone is trying to declare the main substance of it, the greeting of festivity bid'a? This is a clear deficiency in understanding what constitutes bid'a and trying to make the deen look contradictory in its composition.

Abu Darda (RA) narrates that the Prophet (salallaho alaihi wasalam) said: whatever Allaah has permitted in his book is halaal, whatever he has forbidden is haraam, and anything over which there is silence is pardoned, so accept the pardon of Allaah, for Allaah cannot be forgetful. Then he recited this verse: "and your Lord is never forgetful".

The act of greeting one another on the day of Juma'ah is well accomodated in the above hadith and conforms to practices encouraged on the days of festivities.

...Do repent to Allah for your sins and supplicate with raised hands at the times of prayer as these are the best times, during which Allah Almighty looks at His servants with mercy. Allah Answers if they supplicate, Responds if they call, Grants if He is asked, and Accepts if they entreat. O people! you have made your conscience the slave of your desires.

- (Sermon Of Ramadan) Ibn Khuzaimah, Al Baihaqi.

8 Likes

Re: The Ruling On Saying Jumah Mubarak And Sending It via texts On Fridays by Rilwayne001: 11:35am On Mar 31, 2017
Smh

2 Likes

Re: The Ruling On Saying Jumah Mubarak And Sending It via texts On Fridays by HAH: 11:35am On Mar 31, 2017
madridguy:
Asalam alaikum yah ikwani;
Thanks so much for your contribution. Do you ever ask yourself why Islamic/Muslim topics hardly made one page not to talk of two pages on NL. This is one of the reason, you will be amazed as if there is no grace for us as a Muslim since everything is tagged as Bid'a. Allah SWT will help us with some many barbaric teachings circulating everywhere.

Jummah Mubarak

Thank you, to them everything is bidia

The Wahabis have hijacked the islamic section and propagating their skewed views

I have seen no problem in wishing someone, good morning, good afternoon, happy friday, happy sallah, etc etc is just a gesture, please make this religion attractive and beautiful.

By the way when did text message even come into existence that your ulama are already making fatwa on it.

My friend I grew up to see my people saying Barka Da Jumma'a and no ibn tayyimiyah or qayyim will make me stop it.

My people, Happy Friday Barda da Jumma'a

14 Likes

Re: The Ruling On Saying Jumah Mubarak And Sending It via texts On Fridays by xage(m): 11:41am On Mar 31, 2017
@p jazakalahu khairan.

However, your research is shallow on the subject and did not provide maximum clarification. Are you saying it is wrong to send such text messages?

How do you then categorise Asalamaleikum that we say when we meet or begin a chat?

In my own understanding, it cannot be wrong simply bcoz it was not done at the time of the prophet.saw.

Part of Jummah is for Muslim to rejoice, tell me how they are suppose to rejoice

3 Likes

Re: The Ruling On Saying Jumah Mubarak And Sending It via texts On Fridays by madridguy(m): 11:43am On Mar 31, 2017
Good contribution from you.

HAH:
Thank you, to them everything is bidia

The Wahabis have hijacked the islamic section and propagating their skewed views

I have seen no problem in wishing someone, good morning, good afternoon, happy friday, happy sallah, etc etc is just a gesture, please make this religion attractive and beautiful.

By the way when did text message even come into existence that your ulama are already making fatwa on it.

My friend I grew up to see my people saying Barka Da Jumma'a and no ibn tayyimiyah or qayyim will make me stop it.

My people, Happy Friday Barda da Jumma'a

2 Likes

Re: The Ruling On Saying Jumah Mubarak And Sending It via texts On Fridays by Rashduct4luv(m): 12:07pm On Mar 31, 2017
What has been sufficient for the pious predecessors should be sufficient for today's Muslims. Since it is proven that saying this is not from the culture of the best generations, what do we want to gain from it?

You greet people and then you get no reward for doing that. If you think that greeting is an act of worship, then you earn sins!

There is evidence for greeting ourselves Asalam alaikum....

Lets Ponder!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Ruling On Saying Jumah Mubarak And Sending It via texts On Fridays by shawl: 12:26pm On Mar 31, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

Since it is proven that saying this is not from the culture of the best generations, what do we want to gain from it?
Lets Ponder!

It will be nice if you can give me an evidence about a muslim who greeted based upon the felicity of Friday and got rebuked for it from among the salaf salihin, that would be a proof. In the absence of that, the prophet, sallAllahu alaihi wa sallam, declaring Friday Eid day and the hadith of Abu Darda, radiyAllahu anh, above suffice.

Rashduct4luv:

You greet people and then you get no reward for doing that. If you think that greeting is an act of worship, then you earn sins!

What happens to "Actions are judged according to intentions" at the very least. The intention clearly is to felicitate among ourselves on the festival day of Friday.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ruling On Saying Jumah Mubarak And Sending It via texts On Fridays by AlBaqir(m): 12:27pm On Mar 31, 2017
AbuHammaad:

He replied:

https://islamqa.info/en/134741

# This is a Wahabism, Salafism opinion not entire Muslim reasoning. Be as it may, the above bolded summarize the whole argument. And I say that is a double standard on Salafism thinking. Why?!

# The phrase "Radi'Allahu anhum" for example, has full reference in the Quran where Allah used it for some righteous Sahabah. However, there is no command of it in any hadith (be it authentic, weak or fabrication) that once any sahabi name is mentioned, that the phrase should be said. Meaning that:

* Nabi Never practiced it

* None of the Sahabah ever practiced it

Unlike sending salat and Salam upon the prophet and his household. Quran command it, Prophet command and practiced it and in turn all Sahabah except the Munafiqun from amongst them practiced.

Question: We believe that despite the fact that Nabi and his Sahabah never command or repeat the phrase "Radi'Allahu anhum" after the mention of any Sahabah, all Muslims practiced it today especially the salafi. Why did the salafi accept this but reject the saying, "Jumu'ah Mubarak" which majority of the Muslims see as a form of greetings among each other, the fact that both phrases attract same condition?

# That is a double standard. Therefore, there is absolutely nothing wrong greeting each other Jumu'ah Mubarak.

# In addition to my submission, fiqh of Sunni Imam ash-Shafi'i is of the opinion that it is not necessary that what the Sahabah did not practice, the later generation should also not practice it.

Wa salam

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ruling On Saying Jumah Mubarak And Sending It via texts On Fridays by salemdv(m): 12:31pm On Mar 31, 2017
Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Ruling On Saying Jumah Mubarak And Sending It via texts On Fridays by Rashduct4luv(m): 12:36pm On Mar 31, 2017
AlBaqir:

# This is a Wahabism, Salafism opinion not entire Muslim reasoning. Be as it may, the above bolded summarize the whole argument. And I say that is a double standard on Salafism thinking. Why?!

# The phrase "Radi'Allahu anhum" has full reference in the Quran where Allah used it for some righteous Sahabah. However, there is no command of it in any hadith (be it authentic, weak or fabrication) that once any sahabi name is mentioned, that the phrase should be said. Meaning that:

* Nabi Never practiced it

* None of the Sahabah ever practiced it

Unlike sending salat and Salam upon the prophet and his household. Quran command it, Prophet command and practiced it and in turn all Sahabah except the Munafiqun from amongst them practiced.

Question: We believe that despite the fact that Nabi and his Sahabah never command or repeat the phrase "Radi'Allahu anhum" after the mention of any Sahabah, all Muslims practiced it today especially the salafi. Why did the salafi accept this but reject the saying, "Jumu'ah Mubarak" which majority of the Muslims see as a form of greetings among each other, the fact that both phrases attract same condition?

# That is a double standard. Therefore, there is absolutely nothing wrong greeting each other Jumu'ah Mubarak.

The answer to your logical question is simple.

Allah used "Radi'Allahu anhum" for the Sahabas in Qur'an 98:8 and we follow this example.

Show us "Jumu'ah Mubarak" in the Qur'an as an example to follow!

2 Likes

Re: The Ruling On Saying Jumah Mubarak And Sending It via texts On Fridays by AlBaqir(m): 12:42pm On Mar 31, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

The answer to your logical question is simple.

Allah used "Radi'Allahu anhum" for the Sahabas in Qur'an 98:8 and we follow this example.

Show us "Jumu'ah Mubarak" in the Qur'an as an example to follow!

# You should rather show us where Nabi and the Sahabah ever repeated or commanded that the phrase "Radi'Allahu anhum" should be used after the mention of any sahabi, despite the fact that Quran used the phrase for some righteous Sahabah?

Or are you accusing the Nabi and the Sahabah of not following Quran?

# There was a command of sending salat and Salam upon the Prophet in the Quran, and both Nabi and his Sahabah practiced it.

4 Likes

Re: The Ruling On Saying Jumah Mubarak And Sending It via texts On Fridays by Rashduct4luv(m): 12:46pm On Mar 31, 2017
shawl:

It will be nice if you can give me an evidence about a muslim who greeted based upon the felicity of Friday and got rebuked for it from among the salaf salihin, that would be a proof. In the absence of that, the prophet, sallAllahu alaihi wa sallam, declaring Friday Eid day and the hadith of Abu Darda, radiyAllahu anh, above suffice.

What happens to "Actions are judged according to intentions" at the very least. The intention clearly is to felicitate among ourselves on the festival day of Friday.

1. Such innovations were not present during the time of the Prophet and if their was any benefit in it we would have been informed. Except if you know better than him salallahu alayhi wasalam.

2. Actions are judged according to intentions doesn't work here! A good intention should be followed by a good action! And the action must have evidence for us to do it. Can you calculate the amount of reward someone earns when he steals from a rich man to help a widow?

2 Likes

Re: The Ruling On Saying Jumah Mubarak And Sending It via texts On Fridays by AlBaqir(m): 12:51pm On Mar 31, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

1. Such innovations were not present during the time of the Prophet and if their was any benefit in it we would have been informed. Except if you know better than him salallahu alayhi wasalam.

@ bold, so obviously you guys know better than the Prophet: The fact that "Radi'Allahu anhum" was used in the Quran but Nabi and Sahabah never repeated it at the mention of any sahabi, but people like you continue to repeat it today. Again do you know more than Nabi?

2 Likes

Re: The Ruling On Saying Jumah Mubarak And Sending It via texts On Fridays by AlBaqir(m): 12:54pm On Mar 31, 2017
dear moderator Sissie, why is controversial subject like this chosen for front page?

1 Like

Re: The Ruling On Saying Jumah Mubarak And Sending It via texts On Fridays by AbuHammaad: 1:01pm On Mar 31, 2017
All these people that are always quoting me know I won't reply them so why do they bother ? cheesy
Re: The Ruling On Saying Jumah Mubarak And Sending It via texts On Fridays by iambijo(m): 1:10pm On Mar 31, 2017
This op here is the real defination of takfiri, looking at the world black and white.
Re: The Ruling On Saying Jumah Mubarak And Sending It via texts On Fridays by khattab008: 1:14pm On Mar 31, 2017
Every enlightening discussion, Jazakallahu Khairan to the O.P and other contributors.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Ruling On Saying Jumah Mubarak And Sending It via texts On Fridays by AlBaqir(m): 1:24pm On Mar 31, 2017
AbuHammaad:
All these people that are always quoting me know I won't reply them so why do they bother ? cheesy

grin Did anyone force you to reply? This is a public forum, whether you reply or not, different opinions and submissions will be aired.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ruling On Saying Jumah Mubarak And Sending It via texts On Fridays by usbcable(m): 2:09pm On Mar 31, 2017
Seems Nairaland is promoting fanatism with this kind of posts that get to front page.

Not every religious post shoudl be promoted just because the person has quoted the Quran and/or hadith.

Later the mods will be wondering why self radicalization is popular in europe and americas.

The terrorist started somewhere similar.

from seeing everything as black and white.
--to castigating views and opinions different to their as evil.
--to preaching against it
--to wanting to enforce it
--to going full trottle terror

Peps need be careful of what they consume via the internet.

2 Likes

Re: The Ruling On Saying Jumah Mubarak And Sending It via texts On Fridays by Rashduct4luv(m): 2:19pm On Mar 31, 2017
AlBaqir:

# You should rather show us where Nabi and the Sahabah ever repeated or commanded that the phrase "Radi'Allahu anhum" should be used after the mention of any sahabi, despite the fact that Quran used the phrase for some righteous Sahabah?

Or are you accusing the Nabi and the Sahabah of not following Quran?

# There was a command of sending salat and Salam upon the Prophet in the Quran, and both Nabi and his Sahabah practiced it.

Hmmm, well......logically...

Who do you expect to say "Radi'Allahu anhum" during the time of the Prophet?

Do you expect a Sahaba to say such for another Sahaba?

Or you expect the Prophet to say such for his companions?

I still dont get u.

2 Likes

Re: The Ruling On Saying Jumah Mubarak And Sending It via texts On Fridays by AbuHammaad: 2:27pm On Mar 31, 2017
usbcable:
Seems Nairaland is promoting fanatism with this kind of posts that get to front page.

Not every religious post shoudl be promoted just because the person has quoted the Quran and/or hadith.

Later the mods will be wondering why self radicalization is popular in europe and americas.

The terrorist started somewhere similar.

from seeing everything as black and white.
--to castigating views and opinions different to their as evil.
--to preaching against it
--to wanting to enforce it
--to going full trottle terror

Peps need be careful of what they consume via the internet.

I'm replying you because this is my first time of seeing you here. Islam is not a religion of whims and desires. Your opinion doesn't matter or whatever you think is cool. Do you know more than the scholars? Are you a scholar? Are you a student of knowledge? We don't modify our religion because of anyone.

Al yawmu aklamtu lakum diinakum wa atmamtu alaykum ni'matii wa radiitu lakumul Islam

This day I have perfected for you your religion and completed My favor upon you and have approved for you Islam as religion Quran 5:3

What Allah has perfected, who are you to say you want to modify?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ruling On Saying Jumah Mubarak And Sending It via texts On Fridays by AbuHammaad: 2:35pm On Mar 31, 2017
AbdelKabir it's interesting to know our resident nl scholars know more than Shaykh Saalih Al fawzaan grin

Allaahul musta'aan

1 Like

Re: The Ruling On Saying Jumah Mubarak And Sending It via texts On Fridays by AlBaqir(m): 2:53pm On Mar 31, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

Hmmm, well......logically...

Who do you expect to say "Radi'Allahu anhum" during the time of the Prophet?

Do you expect a Sahaba to say such for another Sahaba?

Or you expect the Prophet to say such for his companions?

I still dont get u.

So, why did the Prophet and his household send "salawat and Salam to themselves" despite the fact that they were the "objects" receiving salawat and salam.?

1 Like

Re: The Ruling On Saying Jumah Mubarak And Sending It via texts On Fridays by Nobody: 4:47pm On Mar 31, 2017
AbuHammaad:
AbdelKabir it's interesting to know our resident nl scholars know more than Shaykh Saalih Al fawzaan grin

Allaahul musta'aan

Lol, nl mashaayikh, Allaahul musta'aan

I've learnt never to reply them always(like I do in the past), I clarify and leave.....learnt that from you my big bro cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Martyrdom Of Imam Ali Ibn Abi Talib (as) In The Holy Month Of Ramadan / Did Muhammed Curse Muslims? / How Do Married Muslim Women Detect A Cheating Husband?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.