Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,036 members, 7,807,108 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:39 AM

FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) (59915 Views)

Airtel Nigeria Early Career Recruitment Program 2019 - HND/Bsc 2.2/Lower Crd. / FCSC Recruitment: Successful Candidates Shortlisted For Interview Meet Here / FCSC 2016 Recruitment: FCSC Releases Batch A List For Interview! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by OLANIYI1985: 7:44pm On Mar 17, 2017
Pls how do you know if you have been shorlisted, i applied and havnt received any email
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by neoclassical: 7:47pm On Mar 17, 2017
OLANIYI1985:
Pls how do you know if you have been shorlisted, i applied and havnt received any email
For
https://vacancy.fedcivilservice.gov.ng/?page_id=896 Open and click on your State of origin
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by hardbody: 7:50pm On Mar 17, 2017
neoclassical:
I woke up this morning with the news that FCSC has shortlisted lists of successful candidates in the ongoing recruitment exercise by the Commission in various Federal Ministries.

Succinctly, I have a friend who studied Business Administration with 3rd Class, while I have Msc and Bsc (2.1) all in Economics. Both of us applied for the same position (SGL 09) in the Ministry of Trade & Investment. Perhaps, to my greatest perplexity, this guy's name was shortlisted while mine was conspicuously missing. Just a few minutes ago he opened up to me that the father made "some calls" on his behalf prior to this time.

For your information, we are of the same age bracket, applied for same position, from the same State. So what criteria could have been used to disqualify someone with Msc and Bsc (2.1) and someone with a 3rd Class was selected.

Holding other factors constant, I am so happy for him and I am so expectant that mine is coming. But this has kept me in an awe position, as the whole scenario depicts lack of correlation between merit and success in this entity called Nigeria.

WHAT A COUNTRY? So help me God!

I have an explanation sir. You are over qualified and they believe you may be poached by the more organised and better paying organised private sector.

Otherwise why?

3 Likes

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by OLANIYI1985: 8:11pm On Mar 17, 2017
neoclassical:
For
https://vacancy.fedcivilservice.gov.ng/?page_id=896 Open and click on your State of origin

thanks i have checked.
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by neoclassical: 8:15pm On Mar 17, 2017
OLANIYI1985:

thanks i have checked.
You are welcome
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by TimmyPapa(m): 8:18pm On Mar 17, 2017
karkinase:
This just shows how screwed the country is and a place where things that defers simple ideology are done.
Wait interviews are based on mentality nd not mainly on grades.. if a 3rd class mentality fr a job is better than a 1st class den why nt giv it to wu can do it better.. nd evn dis is a country wir people's mentality are based on aving d best grades secures u job.. NO
Dats y most graduates in Nigeria cnt secure a job.. seeing dir grades as a guarantee to securing a job. in developed country ur ability secures job for u not Grade... have a change of Mentality an also GRACE speaks.. d G factor

16 Likes

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by funstellegee: 8:22pm On Mar 17, 2017
elderbros:

Please who else got this message
they are always recruiting, they haven't employed the last set of people they interviewed oh.. yeye ppl
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by Dandy123: 8:32pm On Mar 17, 2017
It's by Grace and not by Grade take heart .... smiley

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by hrykanu231(m): 9:03pm On Mar 17, 2017
deanoffaculty:
I don't understand......Are you guyz now saying those who graduated with first class should be preffered over third class? Haba!! Where una wan make 2nd class and 3rd class people go? Everyone cannot be as bright as those who are graduated with 1st class. Abi 3rd class no be result?
Employment is not only meant for 1st class graduates, it is for everybody.
THIS IS NIGERIA!!!

This way of thinking is why Nigeria is still backward in almost all facets when compared to other countries. So merit should be set aside, right?

5 Likes

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by deanoffaculty: 9:18pm On Mar 17, 2017
hrykanu231:

This way of thinking is why Nigeria is still backward in almost all facets when compared to other countries. So merit should be set aside, right?
Seriously, I'm not saying merit should be set aside. In fact, those with first-class should always be considered first but those with third-class, are they not humans? I made that statement cos most comments were pointing at first-class, meanwhile everyone is in the game regardless your grade. For the fact that there are first-class graduates doesn't mean that lower grades should not be considered as well.

6 Likes

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by crackhouse(m): 9:37pm On Mar 17, 2017
That he came out with third class does it make u more intelligent than him? Abeg comot here.

16 Likes

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by Kingsolar: 10:12pm On Mar 17, 2017
Bros if na by qualification u fink say mr buhari supose be ur president? Listen 2 ursef, ur frnd father made some kals. Wiseup na 9ja b dis

1 Like

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by kenerek: 10:36pm On Mar 17, 2017
Get your CV written professionally for just N3500 only . Just send a mail to info@kayceeinspires.com . It comes with complementary counseling relationships,career and personal finance.
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by OneNigerianist: 11:18pm On Mar 17, 2017
Sorry Op, but you sound ignorant and arrogant. Instead of protesting the lack of transparency in the shortlisting process you are contesting why a third class should be taken in your stead. Civil service dont use grade, thats the bitter truth. Once you have the degree, you are qualified. If you have a higher degree it is disregarded except where it is demanded as a requirement.

You should be concerned that not all applicants are being given the chance to go for interview but a handpicked few.

8 Likes

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by ipain: 11:19pm On Mar 17, 2017
yomi007k:
grin

Una see am....wen I say 9ja will neva progress dey will day im cursing.
I gave up on the sinking ship already and I am gonna fight my way through to the top, no matter what it will cost me.
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by komzy589(m): 12:50am On Mar 18, 2017
neoclassical:
I woke up this morning with the news that FCSC has shortlisted lists of successful candidates in the ongoing recruitment exercise by the Commission in various Federal Ministries.

Succinctly, I have a friend who studied Business Administration with 3rd Class, while I have Msc and Bsc (2.1) all in Economics. Both of us applied for the same position (SGL 09) in the Ministry of Trade & Investment. Perhaps, to my greatest perplexity, this guy's name was shortlisted while mine was conspicuously missing. Just a few minutes ago he opened up to me that the father made "some calls" on his behalf prior to this time.

For your information, we are of the same age bracket, applied for same position, from the same State. So what criteria could have been used to disqualify someone with Msc and Bsc (2.1) and someone with a 3rd Class was selected.

Holding other factors constant, I am so happy for him and I am so expectant that mine is coming. But this has kept me in an awe position, as the whole scenario depicts lack of correlation between merit and success in this entity called Nigeria.

WHAT A COUNTRY? So help us God!

GUY STOP WHINING AND BE HAPPY 4 UR FRIEND. U SAY IT AS IF NIGERIA IS THE ONLY COUNTRY WHERE THIS KINDA THINGS HAPPEN. ITS A NATURAL THING IN THIS WORLD TO PUT THOSE YOU KNOW IN HIGHER PREFERENCE TO THOSE YOU DON'T KNOW.

3 Likes

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by stevealibi: 1:44am On Mar 18, 2017
UcheDA:
My dear it is a shame. I graduated with a first class and have all the documents needed for this recruitment. To my greatest suprise my name did not come out too. In fact only 2 first class candidates where successful in my state out of over 70 shortlisted names. I weep for the country. This is a big time blow!!!

Sharrap and stop makin noise with ur 1st class, if ur so gud as indicated by ur cert' y nt use ur brains to achieve sumtin or a unique skill and stop blamin govt jor' govt cannot provide jobs 4 everyone ok

5 Likes

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by Nobody: 5:16am On Mar 18, 2017
neoclassical:

May be you were overqualified for the position

1 Like

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by lonelydora: 5:35am On Mar 18, 2017
fav444:
My brother, I feel ur pain. But remember that we are not one and may not be in the nearest future. We all are in one way or the other divided along political, tribal, social status and class, religious, cultural and regional lines.

To my fellow citizens,
If you are a son of just an average man or worst still a poor man and u are busy preaching, believing or fighting over "one Nigeria", My dear wake up cos you are only dreaming.

One Nigeria is only being practised among politicians and rich class irrespective of their tribes, religion or geopolitical zone. They share their juicy jobs and appointments among themselves but some very poor people will be here fighting each other over them.

Can I hug you? Nice write up.
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by iSufferFools: 6:11am On Mar 18, 2017
OP. He already told you his father made some calls. Learn from him, network and know people. In Nigeria currently, nepotism can take you to a whole lot of places...

3 Likes

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by flowbjones(m): 7:59am On Mar 18, 2017
There is nothing spectacular about federal jobs if your agency ain't generating revenue or isn't a special agency.

God has something better in stock for you.

Finally, forget this your 3rd Class versus 2-1 thingy.

3 Likes

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by Nobody: 8:05am On Mar 18, 2017
WHO DO YOU KNOW?
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by Nobody: 8:06am On Mar 18, 2017
dude. Forget and move on. it happens in North America too (Canada and the US). Where i currently work in Canada, all our interns got in through moms and pops contacts, but they all sabi book sha.

3 Likes

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by correctyourself(m): 8:08am On Mar 18, 2017
neoclassical:

Maybe the reason your Name is not there is because they want to encourage you to read further have your PHD and be come a lecturer considering your 2.1, I think it's OK, lol.
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by cbngov01(m): 8:08am On Mar 18, 2017
neoclassical:

Na now ur day break? Or u just wan spoil d guy shine? That's naija,hope for the best and leave things as they are...ceteris paribus que Sera sera
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by Nobody: 8:10am On Mar 18, 2017
What people don't understand is that experience matters alot.

1 Like

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by Ragad74: 8:11am On Mar 18, 2017
So you have a 2.1 and an Msc in Economics and you want to waste your time with civil service job. What happens to applying to International development organisation.
Try contributing articles to International economics journals and you could land your self a job.

5 Likes

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by MrGreenMavro: 8:14am On Mar 18, 2017
I had a 2.1 n someone that had a first class upper was shortlisted while my name was not on the list!

op how you apply?
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by AngelicBeing: 8:14am On Mar 18, 2017
yomi007k:
grin

Una see am....wen I say 9ja will neva progress dey will day im cursing.
You are right, Nigeria is a zoo, a failed state with useless, inept & wicked leaders, anybody that still believe in been patriotic in Nigeria should have his/her head examined, l long gave up on Nigeria, it is better to be a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th class citizen in a sane country where everyone has the opportunity to become whatever they want to be than to be in a cursed country called Nigeria, that was why l left the country years ago and l never regretted,nonsense , useless country, with useless leaders feeding fat daily while the masses are dying & suffering sad angry

3 Likes

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by 1metre: 8:14am On Mar 18, 2017
daewoorazer:
You my friend, look into your hands, what do u see?

FREEDOM

as long as u are a youth of this country, it is illegal to wail, revolution is the key!

A word.

#zanga
I think this guy is right. Revolution in the right direction. Let's mobilise ourselves and former a strong political party and kick out these old corrupt leaders.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

AB Microfinance Bank Test Tomorrow / Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. / For Those That Applied For The Just Concluded FCSC Recruitment Execirse.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.